Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? (31560 Views)

See The Water Yams We Bought For 1,500 Naira In Yakurr LGA, Cross River State. / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures) / Bull Shark Caught In Oyorokotor, Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by inoki247: 5:59am On Jan 19, 2022
lol
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by twilliamx(m): 5:59am On Jan 19, 2022
Beached whale na manna from heaven...God's contribution for pepper soup
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:01am On Jan 19, 2022
Nigerians need help not the shark that made himself available for dinner.
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by RoyalBlu(f): 6:03am On Jan 19, 2022
Topmaike007:
lolz the thing shock you too

I tell you cheesy
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by PedroEastman: 6:04am On Jan 19, 2022
Yes, into the water in the POT
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:04am On Jan 19, 2022
amrichy:
We don't value human life in Nigeria, let alone an ordinary fish life
8 out of 10 Nigerians will only think of how to kill and eat the poor fish

You’ve said it exactly as it is, we don’t value life over here.
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Emmyruns: 6:05am On Jan 19, 2022
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Topmaike007(m): 6:05am On Jan 19, 2022
RoyalBlu:

I tell you cheesy

in this Apc regime all is well
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by ipobarethieves: 6:06am On Jan 19, 2022
Topmaike007:
grin angry
Even some Nairalanders butcher association won't be left out.They'll gladly show us scent leafs,salt, pepper,onion ,oil with their earthen pot inherited from their grandmother, set to do justice to it
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Kobojunkie: 6:07am On Jan 19, 2022
Topmaike007:
I actually stumbled on a video on YouTube where some guys where pushing a giant fish (I no Sabi the name grin)back into the water it came out from.

Now my question is can it happen in Nigeria?
Na God send the whale come feed the hungry be that. Why dem go send am back? undecided
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Topmaike007(m): 6:07am On Jan 19, 2022
ipobarethieves:
Even some Nairalanders butcher association won't be left out.They'll gladly show us scent leafs,salt, pepper,onion ,oil with their earthen pot inherited from their grandmother, set to do justice to it
you mean those guys that usually kill lalasticlala snake pet grin
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Coldie(m): 6:08am On Jan 19, 2022
The fish self too big even baby fish won’t survive the moment it lands in Nigeria
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Topmaike007(m): 6:08am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Na God send the whale come feed the hungry be that. Why dem go send am back? undecided
lolz grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Topmaike007(m): 6:09am On Jan 19, 2022
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by TheOmoney(m): 6:10am On Jan 19, 2022
It's unnatural to push it back.... whatever nature gives,...humans take!
In the ecosystem, there's food chain...these large fishes feed on smaller ones for survival....humans feed on fish...Wild Animals and Mosquitoes feed on humans.

Simple!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by LordIsaac(m): 6:11am On Jan 19, 2022
Why will they when they are hungry? Tinubu, Atiku, Uzor Kalu et al have looted their livelihoods and kept them perpetually impoverished. Besides, Scripture teaches us that animals are given to us for food.
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by ipobarethieves: 6:15am On Jan 19, 2022
Topmaike007:
you mean those guys that usually kill lalasticlala snake pet grin
Those ones are expert in snake dishes.One even lecture us how to roast snake first b4 we slice ,cook and chop.They even displayed the cracked bone..Lalasticlala ,u care for fish pepper soup,?
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by RoyalBlu(f): 6:15am On Jan 19, 2022
Topmaike007:
in this Apc regime all is well

It's well o.

A lot of people have been 're-wired' cos of hunger.

God dey!
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by amrichy(m): 6:16am On Jan 19, 2022
Mynd44:

And why is this a problem? It is food isn't it?
It's a problem because it shows we are still largely being ruled by our survival instinct, so we only see animals for what they're worth as food.
The ancestors of these people you hail hunted these fishes to almost extinction. Nigerians eat what 9-10 of these each year. What they are doing is penance for the greed of their parents, our people's eating of such small quantity does not put any strain on the ecosystem or their numbers.

Stop this self hating
Guy, it's not just about fishes, it's about the value we place on life generally.
Granted that these people's ancestors were also barbaric, but the predecessors have evolved into a more civilized society. We should do the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Topmaike007(m): 6:18am On Jan 19, 2022
ipobarethieves:
Those ones are expert in snake dishes.One even lecture us how to roast snake first b4 we slice ,cook and chop.They even displayed the cracked bone..Lalasticlala ,u care for fish pepper soup,?
grin grin
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Mynd44: 6:20am On Jan 19, 2022
amrichy:

It's a problem because it shows we are still largely being ruled by our survival instinct, so we only see animals for what they're worth as food.

Guy, it's not just about fishes, it's about the value we place on life generally.
Granted that these people's ancestors were also barbaric, but the predecessors have evolved into a more civilized society. We should do the same.

But do you eat beef, chicken, mutton, pork etc?

Do you eat eggs and dairy? How are they any different?

They did not hunt these animals, they also did not cause the beaching, it happened by a natural biological process which the animal will have died from anyway.

They should not be shamed for eating them except by vegetarians

3 Likes

Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:23am On Jan 19, 2022
I will
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:31am On Jan 19, 2022
Topmaike007:
I actually stumbled on a video on YouTube where some guys where pushing a giant fish (I no Sabi the name grin)back into the water it came out from.

Op, by the time you see different types of weapon, you will understand that there is hunger in the land, God bring foods for the needy and you want it to go free like that? Even the one wey swallow Jonah, nigerians will eat both the fish and Jonah join, you just be earing the eater saying that part I eat resemble human parts oh
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by becky39000(m): 6:32am On Jan 19, 2022
Topmaike007:

Nope!!! They can only help in pushing its soul to the underworld angry
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Deicide: 6:32am On Jan 19, 2022
You take this side me I go take this side grin
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by amrichy(m): 6:33am On Jan 19, 2022
Mynd44:

But do you eat beef, chicken, mutton, pork etc?

Do you eat eggs and dairy? How are they any different?

They did not hunt these animals, they also did not cause the beaching, it happened by a natural biological process which the animal will have died from anyway.

They should not be shamed for eating them except by vegetarians
You have a point. But my own point is, it's not every time you see an animal that you should only think of killing it for food.
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by onojaford(m): 6:34am On Jan 19, 2022
Mynd44:

And why is this a problem? It is food isn't it?

The ancestors of these people you hail hunted these fishes to almost extinction. Nigerians eat what 9-10 of these each year. What they are doing is penance for the greed of their parents, our people's eating of such small quantity does not put any strain on the ecosystem or their numbers.

Stop this self hating

Omo! Absolute reason!
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by HRMK: 6:34am On Jan 19, 2022
you must be a comedian!is it when 95%of the population are hungry?u want them to reject manna from the sea?u expect them to starve to death?u cant be serious at all!
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Topmaike007(m): 6:34am On Jan 19, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Op, by the time you see different types of weapon, you will understand that there is hunger in the land, God bring foods for the needy and you want it to go free like that? Even the one wey swallow Jonah, nigerians will eat both the fish and Jonah join, you just be earing the eater saying that part I eat resemble human parts oh
lolz grin
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by Mynd44: 6:37am On Jan 19, 2022
amrichy:

You have a point. But my own point is, it's not every time you see an animal that you should only think of killing it for food.
If it is healthy ad not illegal and you have a claim over at, it is food. Ay other thing is emotional blackmail
Re: Can Nigerians Help Return A Beached Whale/Shark Back Into The Water? by haybeegold(m): 6:40am On Jan 19, 2022
OP Sir, will you return the fish too? Just curious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe / Rate This 20k Yam 50pcs / David Hundeyin Advises Nigerian Chefs On The Mad Chase For Cook-a-thon GWR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.