Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) (4821 Views)

Boko Haram Kingpin With $5million Reward Bounty On His Head Arrested / JTF Declares Boko Haram Top Guns Wanted; N50m Bounty For Abubakar Shekau / You Are Traitors, David-west Tells Union Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Gbawe: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5719159-146/police_place_bounty_on_oyo_drivers.csp

Police place bounty on Oyo drivers union leaders
By Jide Jegede
June 20, 2011 12:31AM

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=YerSAq$amayULpQaTgmHwi6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxR5bZpG3$ve6GAzjVlEGMa9nW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Lateef Oloruntoki (aka Tokyo)

Apparently to prove its seriousness to arrest the factional leaders of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), the Oyo state police command at the weekend placed a ransom of half a million naira each on Lateef Oloruntoki (aka Tokyo) and Mukaila Lamidi (aka Auxiliary).

The command had earlier declared them wanted. The two men, who head the opposing factions of the union in the state, are on the wanted list of the police for their alleged roles in the bloody clash between members of their factions which have claimed dozens of innocent lives recently, along with the wanton destruction of property.

Baba Adisa Bolanta, the state commissioner of Police, announced the ransom at the weekend[b] while speaking on the placement of posters at strategic places across the state to declare the leaders wanted.

The posters carry bold pictures of the two wanted persons with the promise of a bounty of a sum of N500, 000 for useful information on how each could be tracked down to be arrested.

Mr Bolanta had told journalists at a press briefing on Thursday that he would not rest until the suspects were arrested and prosecuted.[/b]

He also said he was ready to damn any consequences of the action, even if it would lead to his being transferred out of the state.

Since the suspects were declared wanted after the deadly attack on innocent members of the public, many residents of the state have openly expressed doubts over the seriousness of the police to match its words with the action.

Their stance was based on the alleged romance between the hierarchies of the union and senior police officers in the state which has made it possible for the suspects and their followers to commit various crimes with impunity.

It was also alleged that the two wanted men were seen moving about freely in public despite their being declared wanted by the police.

Commission of Inquiry

The Oyo State government last Wednesday inaugurated a judicial commission of enquiry to investigate causes of bloody crises among members of the state chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW).

The commission, headed by Olagoke Ige, retired acting chief judge of the state, was given eight weeks to complete its job.

Other members of the panel are as listed: Lekan Owolabi (former secretary of the Ibadan branch of Nigerian Bar Association), Tunji Alawaye (a broadcaster), Doyin Odebowale (a lawyer and lecturer at University of Ibadan) and Lere Omotosho (principal administrative officer with the state civil service; secretary of the commission).

The panel's terms of reference are as follows: investigation of the immediate and remote causes of the violent clashes; identification of individuals and groups that precipitated/ participated in the crisis and recommendation of appropriate sanctions to be imposed; ascertain the number of persons killed or who sustained injuries during the crisis; identification of the spread and extent of loss and damage to means of livelihood, as well as personal and or public property and investigation of the sources of weapons used in the unrest and recommendation of measures to stem the illegal flow of such weapons in the state.

The panel is also expected to make appropriate recommendations on how to prevent recurrence of such crisis in the future; recommendation of appropriate remedies to victims of the crisis and examination of any other matter incidental or relevant to the crisis.

Among the victims of the last clash was the national president of the Nigeria Medical Students Association, Bala Usman Shanono, a 500-Level medicine student of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, who was caught, along with others travellers, in the crossfire while waiting for night buses to their various destinations.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by aquita(m): 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2011
The commissioner of police is just beating about the bush. He should know how to fish out these hoodlums without declaring them wanted. It is high time the federal government waded into this constant crisis in Ibadan.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by ektbear: 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2011
Excellent move.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by ektbear: 4:37am On Jun 21, 2011
One thing I gotta say though, they chose some pretty cool nicknames. "Tokyo" and "Auxiliary."

Badass.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

One thing I gotta say though, they chose some pretty cool nicknames. "Tokyo" and "Auxiliary."

Badass.

naaa

tokyo is prolly because the guy visited tokyo at sometime in his life

auxillary is a name prolly picked during that guys days as a mechanic

i'm pretty sure you will find plenty of mechanics etal fellas named 'rewire' , panel , bumper
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 21, 2011
oyb:

naaa

i'm pretty sure you will find plenty of mechanics etal fellas named 'rewire' , panel , bumper

grin grin grin
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by seanet02: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2011
Mehn i can help ya capture Tokyo, so easy just use Dapada Owo baba ijebu, one time he go appear for tokyo city. As for auxiliary, what you want to go and do at sokoto is in your sokoto, just check oxford dictionary to know where auxiliary is.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by tomialph(m): 10:49am On Jun 21, 2011
oyb:

naaa

The guy is called[b] Tokyo [/b] cos his name is Alhaji OluwaTOKI .
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Gbawe: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2011
aquita:

The commissioner of police is just beating about the bush. He should know how to fish out these hoodlums without declaring them wanted. It is high time the federal government waded into this constant crisis in Ibadan.

You may be right and even the article hints that:
It was also alleged that the two wanted men were seen moving about freely in public despite their being declared wanted by the police.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by olaolabiy: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2011
oyb:

grin

Gaddem
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by akinnux(m): 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2011
The Police should stop beating about the bush and just move in to arrest these thugs. I am sure none of them has gone out of Ibadan. What happen to police intelligence. No wonder their headquarter was bombed by the Bokoharamite.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Ekpoma1: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2011
They can do beta than that amount put upon them both. Put 10milla on their heads and u see me relocate 2 Ibadan. Those guyz will probably be in one of those Amala joint in Ibadan.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by PurestBoy(m): 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2011
i know where tokyo is right now but i don't trust the commission to give me the money. money first and i'll provide toks
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2011
So Ugly, just like Adedibu or what ever
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by aljharem3: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
where is the picture of Auxiliary shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by MMM2(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2011
ok angry
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Roland17(m): 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
nice move by the police, but am not sure they would keep to their promise of the 500,000.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by bisiaet: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2011
But why is it that some old men are so shameless. Looking at this man is a father a grown up man this is so embarrssing. If a grown silly old for nothing man like this could the one disturbing the peace of a city as big as Ibadan then something is wrong.

This man suppose to be arrested and jailed long ago I dont know why this animal in human skin still walk around freely. Now it is ACN time, no nonsense let police find him and just put him where is the best for him (KIRIKIRI)for the remaning of his hoodlum rubbish life, a bloody shameless old for nothing man.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by trusted(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
Who is fooling Who? When the commissioner himself is protecting Auxiliary with MOPOL. He can not denied not knowing the whereabouts of Auxiliary who people see withdrawing money from ATM machine with MOPOL guiding him back to Iwo, Osun State where he is currently enjoying. Abeg forget about the security of this state.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by BabaIbada: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
The guy is called Tokyo cos his name is Alhaji OluwaTOKI

Na! he got the name from his first job as a driver to a Japanese man fro Tokyo. His name is Alhaji Lateef Akinsola Aloyunkeu.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by ak47mann(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2011
odiaero:

So Ugly, just like Adedibu or what ever
grin grin no be smallooo some genes needs some serious  diluting shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Ournaija: 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2011
Hypocritical Police! Shior

That man looks like a demon. Heard from a reliable source that Tokyo and Auxiliary use jazz to operate.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Lukman2010: 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2011
ha Ibadan mesi ogo,y we are deceiving oursef dis 2 Animal is also living wit us @ Ibadan here and d police are still they find them,i think they knw no their work,no police @Ibadan jooo
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Lukman2010: 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2011
ha Ibadan mesi ogo,y we are deceiving oursef dis 2 Animal is also living wit us @ Ibadan here and d police are still they find them,i think they knw no their work,no police @Ibadan jooo
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Natasha2(f): 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2011
huh a whole #500,000 NIGERIAN POLICE tufia they should have said #5,000 or #2,500 because they will not give anybody that money hehehehehehe i like them wella grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Ournaija: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2011
If they catch them film don finish now. Who go come act part two?
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Natasha2(f): 4:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^you of cos grin grin
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Igosun: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2011
Whether they found them or not they should not operate for the next 4years, WE DONT WANT KILLING OF INNOCENT SOULS AGAIN.
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Ournaija: 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2011
Natasha,,:

^^you of cos grin grin

Am not that ugly. I no fit act boss. I be fine boi. Na only actor I fit act. grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by Natasha2(f): 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2011
Ournaija:

Am not that ugly. I no fit act boss. I be fine boi. Na only actor I fit act. grin grin grin grin
lmao okay you are not that ugly but you ugly shey cheesy don't lie oh grin
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by fm7070: 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2011
show us the picture of Mukaila Lamidi (aka Auxiliary)
Re: Police Place Bounty On Oyo Drivers Union Leaders (Tokyo And Auxiliary) by flakkygirl(f): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
bounty huh! Common, thats a dumb thing to do. Simply because whoever tips them off abt the whereabouts of the suspects will end up  with less than 50k. If he does not loose his life b4 he gets the money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Roads And Bridges In Lagos Atlantic City: Photos / See Photos Of A Kwara College Lecturer That Has Caused Stare Online (photos) / North Notready For Another War Let’sus Separate In Peace-ali Ndume Begs Biafrans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.