Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

My Lawyer Conspired With Husband’s Family To Throw Me Out — Widow - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Lawyer Conspired With Husband’s Family To Throw Me Out — Widow (322 Views)

I Conspired With My Friends To Kill Fulani Woman For Money Ritual – Ifa Priest / I Conspired With My Herdsman Friend to Kill My Two Nephews — Muyideen / Woman Who Conspired With Former In-laws To Kill New Husband In Kebbi Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lawyer Conspired With Husband’s Family To Throw Me Out — Widow by Gemid94(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
For a 49-year-old widow, Mrs Funmilola Ajiyo, it has been a battle for survival since her husband, Lawrence Ajiyo, died in a cooking gas accident on April 24, 2011.

The battle took a twist when “some family members conspired with my lawyer, Faniyi, to confiscate everything my husband left behind.”

Mrs Ajiyo, who claimed to be the only legal wife of late Lawrence and mother of his daughter, Precious Ajiyo, has been thrown out of her Oreofeoluwa Crescent, Governor’s Road, Ikotun, Lagos, matrimonial home.

Funmilola said she met Lawrence in 1999 and got married in 2006, but said not long after his death, family members hired a lawyer to help them process the letter of administration, without her knowledge, as she had already hired a lawyer over the same purpose.

Recent development

In the wee hours of Friday, January 14, some police officers, who claimed to be court sheriffs from the Lagos High Court took possession of her matrimonial home without prior notice to quit and threw all her belongings outside.

She told Vanguard: “As I speak, they have evicted all my tenants (about seven) from their apartments, and taken over my matrimonial home. I can no longer sleep with my two eyes closed because of the threat to life. I’m calling on all Nigerians to come to my aid. My
life is in danger.

“I had to take my only daughter to boarding school just to save her as well from being attacked. All I want right now is justice.”

She’s greedy, says her lawyer

Contacted on phone, Faniyi denied the allegation, saying the widow was being “greedy” and “playing the victim card.”

Faniyi confirmed he was introduced to Funmilola by his friend, Mr Akindele Awoshika, in 2012.

On alleged withholding of original documents given to her by Mrs Ajiyo, he said: “You’re particular about the documents. Something brought about the documents. I need those documents to process the letter of administration.”

When asked to identify the documents given to him by Mrs Ajiyo, he responded: “I can’t identify anything offhand now. Though she handed over some title documents to me, those documents belong to her husband and not hers. She is getting so many things wrong.

“And she is not the only wife. There are four other wives. I got to know that there was a fourth wife that the man (deceased) married after her.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/my-lawyer-conspired-with-husbands-family-to-throw-me-out-widow/

Re: My Lawyer Conspired With Husband’s Family To Throw Me Out — Widow by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
lawyers and judges can you ur head to play ball. You will think they are for real
Re: My Lawyer Conspired With Husband’s Family To Throw Me Out — Widow by doggedfighter(f): 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
undecided
Re: My Lawyer Conspired With Husband’s Family To Throw Me Out — Widow by ItsGoodToBeGood: 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
Wahala don swear say e no go finish
Re: My Lawyer Conspired With Husband’s Family To Throw Me Out — Widow by Wawelexy(m): 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
Believe lawyers at ur own peril...
Re: My Lawyer Conspired With Husband’s Family To Throw Me Out — Widow by ERockson: 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
Some women can be greedy but that lawyer betrayed her. Even if some of the wifes left by the late husband were not legal, They deserve something so far they had children for the late Husband.

(1) (Reply)

'yahoo Boys' Sentenced To 500 Hours Of Community Service / They Almost scam me this Morning...... / Abba Kyari Is Working For IGP And PSC If The Following Are Not Considered...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.