Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon (14922 Views)

Coffin Maker Caught Removing Drips From Patients In A Hospital In Cameroon (Pix) / Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige / Kano Runs Out Of COVID-19 Test Kits, As Testing Center Suspends Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Legendrysailor(m): 10:12am On Jan 20, 2022
Ryda:
When Jesus Christ said it is finished on the cross of calvary, He was actually referring to Nigeria.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by baralatie(m): 10:15am On Jan 20, 2022
damola1:
Maybe because of the tournament

In June. The Uk charged me for it. Express sef cost over £200
Wow
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Jaqenhghar: 10:17am On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:
Get your fact right.

Any test for travelling purposes which requires your passport information on the test results cost money, even here in Europe.

A PCR test cost about 75-100 Euro in Germany for travelling purposes.

And a rapid test skits around 2.75 euro per stick

While the Schenell test (Rapid) is free across all test centers in the city. But immediately you test positive with the rapid test, additional test is required which is the PCR test and you would get a bill to pay for it which your health insurance do not cover.

While I can comfortable tell you PCR nor rapid test not for travelling purposes in Nigeria are free, as well as the treatment, isolation centers etc.

I had covid in Europe some time around June 2021.

I have a valid health insurance where I paid 79 euro monthly.
But mehn the reality of the treatment of this virus in so called developed countries is nothing to write home about.

I was left alone, no medic, no treatment, no thing,was dieing, but does guys no send.. Thank you for a nairalander here far a from my city, who put a call for ambulance for me, even though I regret it later, but it was waste of money and total rubbish
I would have just say stay at home my thing jeje.

I developed complications one certain night, I had to call an ambulance with a help of a fellow here. and the return me back home the next few hours.

But after the following week, I got the following bills to pay

450 euro for the ambulance to the hospital
403 euro for the ambulance to my home
272 for the doctor in the ambulance
170 euro for the drip added to me.

And blantly the health insurance company ask me to foot the bill myself, it doesn't cover.. Am on my own.

Most people our Africans would pay for this test in Europe without questioning it, but when it comes to our countries just to protect us from this virus, we shout and calls all sort of names, while most folks come in with fake test results.

It's great the NCDC have made the permit travel compulsory for arriving passengers to Nigeria and its strict for a follow up test.

There are some certain things we won't know it's free in Nigeria and Nigeria is damn sweet no matter how hard life it, until we were out of the shore.
But many folks won't talk about it becos of the inferiority complex. While many are in the abroad, suffering and smiling.

GOD BLESS NAIJA
Liar.
If its thay bad g9 back nah. What are you still doing there?
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by ihedioramma: 10:18am On Jan 20, 2022
Kingpele:
Is a lie,there is no where in the world were covid test is totally free ,in the western world ,is not even free because u pay for health insurance and still pay a token for the test.but here our own prize tag is relatively on a higher prize
Buhary first son .
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Trentee4eva: 10:19am On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:
Get your fact right.

Any test for travelling purposes which requires your passport information on the test results cost money, even here in Europe.

While the Schenell test (Rapid) is free across all test centers in the city. But immediately you test positive with the rapid test, additional test is required which is the PCR test and you would get a bill to pay for it which your health insurance do not cover.

While I can comfortable tell you PCR nor rapid test not for travelling purposes in Nigeria are free, as well as the treatment, isolation centers etc.

But mehn the reality of the treatment of this virus in so called developed countries is nothing to write home about.

I was left alone, no medic, no treatment, no thing,was dieing, but does guys no send.. Thank you for a nairalander here far a from my city, who put a call for ambulance for me, even though I regret it later, but it was waste of money and total rubbish

I developed complications one certain night, I had to call an ambulance with a help of a fellow here. and the return me back home the next few hours.

And blantly the health insurance company ask me to foot the bill myself, it doesn't cover.. Am on my own.

Most people our Africans would pay for this test in Europe without questioning it, but when it comes to our countries just to protect us from this virus, we shout and calls all sort of names, while most folks come in with fake test results.

It's great the NCDC have made the permit travel compulsory for arriving passengers to Nigeria and its strict for a follow up test.

There are some certain things we won't know it's free in Nigeria and Nigeria is damn sweet no matter how hard life it, until we were out of the shore.
But many folks won't talk about it becos of the inferiority complex. While many are in the abroad, suffering and smiling.

GOD BLESS NAIJA
Come back to NAIJA and stop typing rubbish. Why did you run to Europe? Just come back and GOD WILL BLESS YOU the same way ‘GOD BLESS NAIJA’
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Odingo1: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:
Get your fact right.

GOD BLESS NAIJA
Where in Germany do you live. PCR Test in Germany is free of charge. If you go to corona test Zentrum you get your test free.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Letzgo: 10:25am On Jan 20, 2022
Omooba77:

https://guardian.ng/sport/n50400-for-covid-19-test-in-nigeria-free-in-cameroon/

Do Nigeria provide free health care for its citizens? Here the citizens enjoy such . Nigerians are in every social media platform insulting each other instead of asking questions and demanding answers.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by yori: 10:25am On Jan 20, 2022
Olowoshako:
Being born in Nigeria actomatically life is leading u 1-0, if ur parents are poor dar is 2-0 if u are d first born and broke dar is 3-0 if you come be man u fans na 4-0.

Now that's straight-up funny! grin grin
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 10:27am On Jan 20, 2022
Odingo1:

Where in Germany do you live. PCR Test in Germany is free of charge. Stop lying.

I live in Nidersachen.

PCR is not free. There is difference between Rapid and PCR.. Go check your fact

3 Likes

Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Akolawole(m): 10:28am On Jan 20, 2022
There is difference between lateral flow test and PCR

PCR is required for travel because it is very DETAILED.

PCR (for travel) is not EVEN free in advanced country.

Its 39,000 in Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 10:29am On Jan 20, 2022
Odingo1:

Where in Germany do you live. PCR Test in Germany is free of charge. If you to corona test Zentrum you get your test free.

Seems comprehension is your problem.

I said Schnell test (rapid) test are free in all centrum.

But a PCR test is not
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Decryptor(m): 10:29am On Jan 20, 2022
I said this some days back and KayCee92 said I should take my medications.

Now KayCee92...who really needs the medication? cheesy

Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by AliyuMahdi9: 10:36am On Jan 20, 2022
It's easy for us to make comparison without using the Relevant Data

Based on your Covid Expense it's a little above 1200 euros. Minimum Wage in the Same country is over 1500euros.

Simply put a lowest paid employee can pay for what you paid.

Now let's come home to Nigeria. Minimum wage is N30,000. Just Covid test is Above N50,000

Let's stop all this mediocre approach to garnishing poverty. Nigerians are suffering, standard/quality of living is low.

We subsidize Government ( Light , water, health,Road, Security, education ).

For a Country like Nigeria Government should bear the cost of Covid Test. SIMPLE

Ahmed4002:
Get your fact right.

GOD BLESS NAIJA
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 10:41am On Jan 20, 2022
AliyuMahdi9:
It's easy for us to make comparison without using the Relevant Data

Exactly. Even the covid 19 PCR test is 39500 in most of the private hospital. Don't where where the poster got the info.

PCR is never a free test any where.

They should know the difference between PRC test and antigen test
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 10:43am On Jan 20, 2022
Trentee4eva:

Come back to NAIJA and stop typing rubbish. Why did you run to Europe? Just come back and GOD WILL BLESS YOU the same way ‘GOD BLESS NAIJA’

Am definitely going back bro, just here for a knowledge that would better me and better the Naija.

I wish papers were transferable.. Make I give you mine to come and stay the Europe
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Mrquote: 10:43am On Jan 20, 2022
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:44am On Jan 20, 2022
Tomorrow they will be shouting dwindling revenue but the test money is being shared by the FG, NCAA/FAAN and the lagos state government, quote me anywhere....attimes i keep asking why they enjoy maltreating Nigerians!
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Global2000: 10:45am On Jan 20, 2022
You are wrong sir. We don't pay for test as long as you have your health insurance.
Kingpele:
Is a lie,there is no where in the world were covid test is totally free ,in the western world ,is not even free because u pay for health insurance and still pay a token for the test.but here our own prize tag is relatively on a higher prize
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:46am On Jan 20, 2022
Phemz:
Maybe Cameroon did that cos of Afcon.
But from my research,Covid test is not completely free.
And it’s 50,400 across accredited centers in Lagos .
And it has a turn around time of 12-24 hours .
I work for one of the top accredited centers (Clinix healthcare )

If its not free, then they want all Nigerians to do the test...where will poor man get 50k to do a test? Una dey joke!
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by AliyuMahdi9: 10:47am On Jan 20, 2022
I am actually disagreeing with ending part of your initial Post.

Ahmed4002:

Exactly. Even the covid 19 PCR test is 39500 in most of the private hospital. Don't where where the poster got the info.

PCR is never a free test any where.

They should know the difference between PRC test and antigen test
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by humberjade: 10:50am On Jan 20, 2022
frankmoney:
you did PCR free in Germany ?

Although not for international travel, but for Regional travel...yes, twice.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by rapcy(m): 10:51am On Jan 20, 2022
Shetemi12:
But I thought everyone is saying Tinubu is the problem!
How is he not the problem? Who brought in Buhari?
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 10:51am On Jan 20, 2022
humberjade:

My brother, it is totally free here in Germany...there are designated places all over place where you present any valid ID.

I did my tests at a pharmacy...prior to getting vaccinated, I got tested there daily for 44 days stretch without getting charged a penny.

But you might be right to some extent, for international travels, most countries charge some money, but some don't

To the pharmacy or any test centrum in the Germany, just tell them you need a PCR test.

It's only the schnel test that is free bro
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Cmanforall: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2022
Kingpele:
LIES
It is free in some countries. They offer free test to those arriving and free rapid test if you need to.
Don't sit in your bedroom and assume for the world
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 10:52am On Jan 20, 2022
AliyuMahdi9:
I am actually disagreeing with ending part of your initial Post.

Exact lines and we can discuss
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Originalsly: 10:56am On Jan 20, 2022
No COVID19 test is free period.... anywhere in the world. It's either the government is paying for it ..... your insurance company is paying for it ... or you have to pay out if pocket. COVID-19 vaccines .... same thing. This is business. In the US ... they are now rolling out "free" self testing kits ... up to 4 per family. The FG ordered them from whatever company. Masks ... the ones they mandated all along ... are no longer good enough... the FG has ordered millionsss of N95 type masks.... and will be distributing them "free" ... while running infomercials for people to get them. COVID-19 is a business platform.... run by big business ... customers fed by governments through COVID-19 mandates.

South Africa ..... 100% on board. Nigeria... maybe 5% max on board. US... fully onboard... calling the shots since they are the elite profiteers when it comes to this new industry. Nigeria is pretty much out of the COVID-19 circus .... one of the least vaccinated.... least boosted.... least follower of the protocols......and is one of the least affected nations. It is something we should be proud of.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Talawaka: 10:56am On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:
Get your fact right.

Thanks for setting @OP and the Guardian Newspaper straight on this one.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by greatness77: 10:56am On Jan 20, 2022
Omooba77:

https://guardian.ng/sport/n50400-for-covid-19-test-in-nigeria-free-in-cameroon/
Kanu said nigeria is an embodiment of evil Haha nigeria why? All hail Biafra
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by humberjade: 11:00am On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:

To the pharmacy or any test centrum in the Germany, just tell them you need a PCR test.

It's only the schnel test that is free bro

I did PCR test twice without paying a dime bro. Lost my wallet at the time, tendered my International passport, and it was done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres / 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert / One Common Habit You Have To Learn Before Or After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.