Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon (14928 Views)

Coffin Maker Caught Removing Drips From Patients In A Hospital In Cameroon (Pix) / Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige / Kano Runs Out Of COVID-19 Test Kits, As Testing Center Suspends Operations (2) (3) (4)

Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by sorepco(m): 11:02am On Jan 20, 2022
Who told u it is free in cametoon? Express fast test is 45 thousand naira and normal test about25k. For kids is 9.000 naira. Get ur info right next time please. Stop spreading misinformation!

yil
AAlozie:
When some people called this country useless, others will start barking like stray dogs

Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 11:02am On Jan 20, 2022
humberjade:

I did PCR test twice without paying a dime bro. Lost my wallet at the time, tendered my International passport, and it was done.

I can show you the rechnung brother.

Things might or have changed.

Please just go request for PCR test for a travelling purposes or just like that request PCR
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Bluntemperor: 11:07am On Jan 20, 2022
Ryda:
When Jesus Christ said it is finished on the cross of calvary, He was actually referring to Nigeria.

This is very Shameful and all those Officials in Nigeria, charging money for Covid-19 Free Test should be arrested and jailed.
This is impunity of the highest order and we want to hear from the Minister of Health,if he- actually mandated that money should be paid for Virus that is destroying lives?
Is Cameroon not same in West Africa?
Why are we like this for God's sake?

Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by nwauwa(m): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2022
In Ghana it’s $50. You get your result in five minutes, right there at the airport.

Nigerian Govt are simply feeding fat from Covid especially for travelers traveling from Lagos and Abuja
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Odingo1: 11:18am On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:

Seems comprehension is your problem.

I said Schnell test (rapid) test are free in all centrum.

But a PCR test is not
I understand, state differs in Germany, in some state all test is free both PCR and Schnell test. Maybe you are not using public health insurance.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by yusluvad(m): 11:23am On Jan 20, 2022
Ryda:
When Jesus Christ said it is finished on the cross of calvary, He was actually referring to Nigeria.
You're on point bro. No be lie... cool cheesy grin

Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by frankmoney(m): 11:24am On Jan 20, 2022
humberjade:

Although not for international travel, but for Regional travel...yes, twice.
PCR for the purpose of travel internationally is not free , it's not a Nigerian thing , it's literally same in almost all countries
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Lamzee(m): 11:24am On Jan 20, 2022
I paid $120 at Kigali Airport for two tests
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by usagee36: 11:25am On Jan 20, 2022
The guy writing and talking too much is an Associate grin grin grin
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by yusluvad(m): 11:26am On Jan 20, 2022
AAlozie:
When some people called this country useless, others will start barking like stray dogs
Lol. BuGari & Tinubu supporters dem... cheesy grin cheesy
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 11:26am On Jan 20, 2022
Odingo1:

I understand, state differs in Germany, in some state all test is free both PCR and Schnell test. Maybe you are not using public health insurance.

https://mtrconsult.com/news/reimbursement-covid-19-pcr-testing-be-reduced-germany
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by frankmoney(m): 11:27am On Jan 20, 2022
valentineuwakwe:

If its not free, then they want all Nigerians to do the test...where will poor man get 50k to do a test? Una dey joke!
a man traveling internationally with an airplane is certainly not poor
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by humberjade: 11:28am On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:

I can show you the rechnung brother.

Things might or have changed.

Please just go request for PCR test for a travelling purposes or just like that request PCR

Well, took the last of the two at Test center Plaza: Frankfurter Allee. It was on a Sunday, I didn't even book an appointment, just joined the long queue...those of us without an appointment were separated from the rest, and then given the a Web link to register and book an appointment. Under 20 mins, I was done.

Although I didn't mention at the centre that I was travelling with it o...It was checked and scanned in the train, and no issue was raised. Same thing happened in Estonia too. When next you want to travel, just go for the PCR without mentioning you want to travel with it. I guess PCR test is PCR test, whatever the purpose is, doesn't matter at all.

This is for those travelling within Europe only.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by yusluvad(m): 11:30am On Jan 20, 2022
Bluntemperor:

This is very Shameful and all those Officials in Nigeria, charging money for Covid-19 Free Test should be arrested and jailed.
This is impunity of the highest order and we want to hear from the Minister of Health,if he- actually mandated that money should be paid for Virus that is destroying lives?
Is Cameroon not same in West Africa?
Why are we like this for God's sake?
Is Cameroon as a country not suppose to be looking up to Nigeria. Truly Nigeria has gone to the dogs... :- -:/
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by humberjade: 11:36am On Jan 20, 2022
frankmoney:
PCR for the purpose of travel internationally is not free , it's not a Nigerian thing , it's literally same in almost all countries

You might be right, I guess once you mention you want to travel with it, you get charged. But PCR test is PCR test, whatever its purpose is doesn't matter. Travel within Europe...My first free PCR test was done for a journey spanning 4 countries within EU....the last two were within Germany. All free, but I never mentioned I was traveling with the results.

But note: those journeys were via road and rail...things might be different at airports. I told a friend about it when he wanted to travel by air...dropped him a message to know if he was able to do it free... once he replies, I will let you know.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by gevans(m): 11:41am On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:
Get your fact right.

Any test for travelling purposes which requires your passport information on the test results cost money, even here in Europe.

A PCR test cost about 75-100 Euro in Germany for travelling purposes.

And a rapid test skits around 2.75 euro per stick

While the Schenell test (Rapid) is free across all test centers in the city. But immediately you test positive with the rapid test, additional test is required which is the PCR test and you would get a bill to pay for it which your health insurance do not cover.

While I can comfortable tell you PCR nor rapid test not for travelling purposes in Nigeria are free, as well as the treatment, isolation centers etc.

I had covid in Europe some time around June 2021.

I have a valid health insurance where I paid 79 euro monthly.
But mehn the reality of the treatment of this virus in so called developed countries is nothing to write home about.

I was left alone, no medic, no treatment, no thing,was dieing, but does guys no send.. Thank you for a nairalander here far a from my city, who put a call for ambulance for me, even though I regret it later, but it was waste of money and total rubbish
I would have just say stay at home my thing jeje.

I developed complications one certain night, I had to call an ambulance with a help of a fellow here. and the return me back home the next few hours.

But after the following week, I got the following bills to pay

450 euro for the ambulance to the hospital
403 euro for the ambulance to my home
272 for the doctor in the ambulance
170 euro for the drip added to me.

And blantly the health insurance company ask me to foot the bill myself, it doesn't cover.. Am on my own.

Most people our Africans would pay for this test in Europe without questioning it, but when it comes to our countries just to protect us from this virus, we shout and calls all sort of names, while most folks come in with fake test results.

It's great the NCDC have made the permit travel compulsory for arriving passengers to Nigeria and its strict for a follow up test.

There are some certain things we won't know it's free in Nigeria and Nigeria is damn sweet no matter how hard life it, until we were out of the shore.
But many folks won't talk about it becos of the inferiority complex. While many are in the abroad, suffering and smiling.

GOD BLESS NAIJA

Yes o,
God bless Naija, this is the only country that's truly ours. Let join hands together to develop it.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Timmi: 11:46am On Jan 20, 2022
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Shikena(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2022
Misconception for one reason or the other is a big problem in Nigeria.

However, our biggest problem is our ego which makes it so difficult to review our position based on new or previously unknown information.

Then you wonder, do we really care about facts?
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by mcdokwe(m): 11:52am On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:
Get your fact right.

Any test for travelling purposes which requires your passport information on the test results cost money, even here in Europe.

While the Schenell test (Rapid) is free across all test centers in the city. But immediately you test positive with the rapid test, additional test is required which is the PCR test and you would get a bill to pay for it which your health insurance do not cover.

While I can comfortable tell you PCR nor rapid test not for travelling purposes in Nigeria are free, as well as the treatment, isolation centers etc.

But mehn the reality of the treatment of this virus in so called developed countries is nothing to write home about.

I was left alone, no medic, no treatment, no thing,was dieing, but does guys no send.. Thank you for a nairalander here far a from my city, who put a call for ambulance for me, even though I regret it later, but it was waste of money and total rubbish

I developed complications one certain night, I had to call an ambulance with a help of a fellow here. and the return me back home the next few hours.

And blantly the health insurance company ask me to foot the bill myself, it doesn't cover.. Am on my own.

Most people our Africans would pay for this test in Europe without questioning it, but when it comes to our countries just to protect us from this virus, we shout and calls all sort of names, while most folks come in with fake test results.

It's great the NCDC have made the permit travel compulsory for arriving passengers to Nigeria and its strict for a follow up test.

There are some certain things we won't know it's free in Nigeria and Nigeria is damn sweet no matter how hard life it, until we were out of the shore.
But many folks won't talk about it becos of the inferiority complex. While many are in the abroad, suffering and smiling.

GOD BLESS NAIJA
come back home
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 11:52am On Jan 20, 2022
humberjade:

Well, took the last of the two at Test center Plaza: Frankfurter Allee. It was on a Sunday, I didn't even book an appointment, just joined the long queue...those of us without an appointment were separated from the rest, and then given the a Web link to register and book an appointment. Under 20 mins, I was done.

Although I didn't mention at the centre that I was travelling with it o...It was checked and scanned in the train, and no issue was raised. Same thing happened in Estonia too. When next you want to travel, just go for the PCR without mentioning you want to travel with it. I guess PCR test is PCR test, whatever the purpose is, doesn't matter at all.

This is for those travelling within Europe only.

What you did was not a PCR test, rather a rapid test brother.

A PCR test results can never be out within 5hrs not to talk of 20min.

It was a rapid test you did man.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 11:58am On Jan 20, 2022
mcdokwe:
come back home

With una stinking mouth, u go just open mouth wa ooo...

Some of us, are just for a research purposes, and immediately we are done and back home we are.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by mcdokwe(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:

With una stinking mouth, u go just open mouth wa ooo...

Some of us, are just for a research purposes, and immediately we are done and back home we are.

Looking forward to having you back home, Mr. Researcher
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by chegbe1104: 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ahmed4002:
Get your fact right.

GOD BLESS NAIJA

Thank you very much for your patriotic opinion.
Not the stupid journalist who tried to paint Nigeria negative anywhere they go. Just imagine how he is praising Cameroon as if Cameroon don't have their own challenges.
Ask him to relocate to Cameroon now and he will be writing another stupid story.
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by mekuso89(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2022
I hate Nigeria

God I hate Nigeria

Tears
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by mekuso89(m): 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2022
nwauwa:
In Ghana it’s $50. You get your result in five minutes, right there at the airport.

Nigerian Govt are simply feeding fat from Covid especially for travelers traveling from Lagos and Abuja

Any country colonies by Britain is EVILLLLL read it again. EVILLLL.

GHANA INCLUDED
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Bluntemperor: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
frankmoney:
a man traveling internationally with an airplane is certainly not poor

Should this test for all or only for travellers?
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by DarkJeddi(m): 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
Ibo
Shut up angry
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Ahmed4002(m): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
mcdokwe:

Looking forward to having you back home, Mr. Researcher

Thank you sir
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Emir01: 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Even to the airport Oga shocked Travel small and see how things work. Stop promoting this entity that has no regards for its citizens. We need a working nation unfortunately its not coming anytime soon.

Funny thing is dat we hate Nigeria more than her enemies. How can you grow with that? Not everything is bad in Nigeria but we focus on negative side
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:21pm On Jan 20, 2022
You see this country nigeria is beyond redemption. Op you are lamenting about convid 19 test payment in Nigeria, if nigeria can hijack the sell of face mask when government made it mandatory for it's use, pharmacy and some super market started selling it for as high as #450 to #500 something that was selling two for #50. Honestly I weak for this country...

Exploitation and more Exploitation that's all they know
Re: N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon by Nyanabo(m): 12:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
It's a tournament, I'm sure a sponsor is sponsoring the cost of the test. Or maybe subsidizing the cost, while the country (cameroun) pays the other part. This is nothing new. Covid test for travel purpose are not free.

LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres / 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert / Coronavirus: Bauchi Traces 305 Contacts Of Index Case, Others

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60