Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau (26251 Views)

Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau: AFCON 2021 (2 - 0) On 19th January 2022 / Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Guinea: Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations, Semifinals. 9 - 10 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by openmine(m): 11:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
NextPresido:
Man Utd must sign Eguavoen after this Nations cup
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by lukency(m): 11:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
Sadiq Umar, Iwobi and Onyekuru are surplus to requirement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by magicminister: 11:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
tiger28:
wait till the eagles START losing, then you will this SAME ppl start talking about "we need foreign experienced Coach"......I tire for Nigerian Ppl!!!

I have never in my life and you’ll never see me glamour for foreign coach!
If we must hire a foreign coach, it must be someone of black African descent!

I’d rather lose with a local coach than lose with a foreign coach!!! Only time it should even be considered is if there’s a guaranteed win that’s gonna come as a direct result of hiring a foreign coach… but we all know football is anything but guaranteed!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by owobokiri(m): 12:09am On Jan 20, 2022
Gammfreak:
Iwobi is better in d middle
Sadiq shouldn't play again
Moses is really in form
This team is very deep....(both the first and second squad) Most of the players are too good. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't get this cup
Ejuke should also play in the middle or the right side..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by adonaimart(m): 12:22am On Jan 20, 2022
Football is a business.

You follow facts when making decisions, not emotions.

To gain sponsorship, businesses need to perceive you will bring them money.

Selecting a white man makes sponsors believe that the risks they are about to take is worth it.

A project with a white man as the point executioner, will most likely get sponsors.

Eguavoen is good; he even surprised me sef.

Our present form is most likely as a result of the bounce u get, when u get a new coach. Am not saying they ain't good o..

Congratulations to the team and great job!!

magicminister:
Great play
The NFF needs to stop hiring foreign non-black coaches!
We are the largest black nation on earth and it’s disgraceful that we cannot extend same grace and opportunity to local coaches like we do to foreign white coaches.

The current coach is Nigerian and he was denied the opportunity but look at him doing wonders with the squad!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by WoundedLamb: 12:29am On Jan 20, 2022
Fairweather fans everywhere. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by magicminister: 12:31am On Jan 20, 2022
adonaimart:
Football is a business.

Selecting a white man makes sponsors believe that the risks they are about to take is worth it.

A project with a white man as the point executioner, will most likely get sponsors.

Our present form is most likely as a result of the bounce u get, when u get a new coach. Am not saying they ain't good o..

Free yourself from mental slavery! No one would do it for you but yourself!
If a sponsorship is dependent on a white man being in charge, then we do not need that type of sponsorship! It’s not business if we have competent talent in the country but choose to hire non-black d-league foreign coaches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by ussv: 12:41am On Jan 20, 2022
I`m impressed by the team performance but depressed by Sadiq until he scored that goal lol
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by ecoco2014(m): 12:51am On Jan 20, 2022
meneski:
What's your choice Nigeria?

Nigeria vs Malawi---- like
Nigeria vs Tunisia-----share
Nigeria vs serra Leon----

Algeria beats Cote D'Ivoire, Sierra Leone beats Equatorial Guinea, Tunisia beats Gambia.
Final Answer: NIGERIA VS COTE D'IVOIRE OR NIGERIA V GAMBIA
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by meneski(m): 1:08am On Jan 20, 2022
ecoco2014:

Algeria beats Cote D'Ivoire, Sierra Leone beats Equatorial Guinea, Tunisia beats Gambia.
Final Answer: NIGERIA VS COTE D'IVOIRE OR NIGERIA V GAMBIA
A third best of group E F and B... Is our short for the 16s
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by DONFASZY(m): 1:36am On Jan 20, 2022
I want journalists to go n interview that Bissau player that said if Nigeria win
He will die

because I don buy 2 coffin for him
One for him n d other one for him spirit n he must come use am or pay me lol
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by na2016: 2:06am On Jan 20, 2022
Felabrity:
Cameroon vs Nigeria in final
Kelechi scores the winning goal

Nigeria may not play in finals oo
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by EASYLIFE4US: 4:55am On Jan 20, 2022
If the technical team work on Sadiq very well, he will be our next Rashidi Yekini and Moses will be our next Jay Jay Okocha...
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by Pharaohny: 5:38am On Jan 20, 2022
I'm thoughtless grin angry grin angry grin grin
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by Midas01: 5:56am On Jan 20, 2022
For the first time I agree with your post.
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Senior man for a reason
Iheanacho my niggar
Moses Simon my niggar

Not until he scored that first goal.....umar sadiq was almost one hell of a useless niggar

We are grabbing this damnnn trophy

Because we are the real niggarz of Africa
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by Dmacqh(m): 6:39am On Jan 20, 2022
I think Semi Ajayi, should replace Kenneth Omeruo in the First XI. His reaction , reflex actions , pace , height and good reading of the game is better .

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by blackgold2018(m): 7:22am On Jan 20, 2022
adonaimart:
Football is a business.

trash.
A fool trying to sound intelligent
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by SmartyPants(m): 7:24am On Jan 20, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

if Nigeria split into south and northern Nigeria, Northern Nigeria will not smell anything called AFCON talkless of world cup, they will be the whipping boys of Africa, even when Nigeria use tribalism and federal character to add undeserving and unworthy arewa/northerners these people are nearly costing us matches

Imagine north vs south in a football match it will end 10 - 0, you know who will have 0

Stop this...i beg you. This us a great triumob fornthe nation and our best baller, Moses Simon comes from the north.

Please...repent.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by SmartyPants(m): 7:26am On Jan 20, 2022
Dmacqh:
I think Semi Ajayi, should replace Kenneth Omeruo in the First XI. His reaction , reflex actions , pace , height and good reading of the game is better .

What nonsense. Omeruo has been flawless. Now go and check Guinea's only big chance were the striker clashed witb Uzoho and tell me whicb defender was responsible.

Check how many fouls Ajayi kept giving away.
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by nonyofor2(m): 7:39am On Jan 20, 2022
My thought is that NFF should go to Gernot Rohr's house and sack him again.
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 7:41am On Jan 20, 2022
After a good job, it will their head and they will start messing up.
[llquote author=magicminister post=109519565]Great play
We are the largest black nation on earth and it’s disgraceful that we cannot extend same grace and opportunity to local coaches like we do to foreign white coaches.

The current coach is Nigerian and he was denied the opportunity but look at him doing wonders with the squad!
[/quote]
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 7:41am On Jan 20, 2022
After a good job, it will enter their head and they will start messing up.
[llquote author=magicminister post=109519565]Great play

[/quote]
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by bizzlemie(m): 7:51am On Jan 20, 2022
lukency:
Sadiq Umar, Iwobi and Onyekuru are surplus to requirement.

Unfair to Onyekuru who just played his first minutes of the tournament and lasted less than 10 minutes.

You don't judge a player's performance in less than 10mins.

I still believe Umar Sadiq will improve. His first goal will do him better for confidence.

Remember another tall striker like him called Onuachu?
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by Dmacqh(m): 7:51am On Jan 20, 2022
SmartyPants:

What nonsense. Omeruo has been flawless. Now go and check Guinea's only big chance were the striker clashed witb Uzoho and tell me whicb defender was responsible.

Check how many fouls Ajayi kept giving away.
Good day boss . You are entitled to your own opinion.
I’m a footballer , I know a better player when I see one .
Let me analyze the ‘Guinea only big chance ‘ . He got his timing wrong , many defenders will kick the striker in that situation, but he didn’t .Did you see how he managed to put Balde off balance ? Many defenders would have pushed him ?
What about his driving runs , the block after Uzoho spilled the ball , or his constant aerial threat .
Omeruo is good in this tournament but he’s not quick thinker or a runner . I judge defenders on positional plays , ability on ball , and ability to race or challenge for 1 vs 1 situations .

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by SmartyPants(m): 8:15am On Jan 20, 2022
Dmacqh:

Good day boss . You are entitled to your own opinion.
I’m a footballer , I know a better player when I see one .
Let me analyze the ‘Guinea only big chance ‘ . He got his timing wrong , many defenders will kick the striker in that situation, but he didn’t .Did you see how he managed to put Balde off balance ? Many defenders would have pushed him ?
What about his driving runs , the block after Uzoho spilled the ball , or his constant aerial threat .
Omeruo is good in this tournament but he’s not quick thinker or a runner . I judge defenders on positional plays , ability on ball , and ability to race or challenge for 1 vs 1 situations .

Okay, i apologize for the unecessary use of the owrd nonsense.

But I am also a footballer, and I have played the highest level of amateur football abroad, have come through professional academies, and i regularly play with local 1st division players till today.

But I don't even need to mention all that - I need only remind you that the coach was once a centre back at the highest level himself so clearly his judgment is far superior to yours.

That is to say, "I am a footballer" means nothing.

Ajayi got his timing wrong and that's all you need to say there. He should have stayed focused on the ball rather than rushing to body check the man. That is the way a second tier defender plays.

I want you to now give me just one instance where Omeruo has been responsible for any single opportunity the opponents have had?

I can't understand how some of you underrate this guy.

Ajayi is good on the ball and a strong header, but in every other core defensive metric Omeruo is stronger, and that is what we need. To take an example from your own post, that block after uzoho parried the shot only required a last ditch block because ajayi was not in position in the first place.

That is reactive defending that only looks good to casual watchers of football. When you have a football education, you can't be impressed by that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Redeems His Pledge Of $25000 Per Goal To Super Eagles / Falconets break 12-year jinx to win Africa Games, defeat Cameroon on penalties / London Olympics Closing Ceremony - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.