Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau (26258 Views)

Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau: AFCON 2021 (2 - 0) On 19th January 2022 / Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Guinea: Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations, Semifinals. 9 - 10 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by God2man2again(m): 8:28am On Jan 20, 2022
God bless Nigeria.
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by Starzo: 8:55am On Jan 20, 2022
MeghaneMorgane:
It was a good game. This Nigerian squad is doing a good job. Sometimes I think in my head that they are playing hard so that one big club can sign them and they can japa grin.

If that is their motivation for playing well, they should keep it up. We need highly motivated people in the team. And this team is doing well grin
nonsense.. almost all of them already play for European teams.

Better change this your s
rubbish mentality. it dies not. speak well of you as an individual.
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by Dmacqh(m): 8:58am On Jan 20, 2022
SmartyPants:

Okay, i apologize for the unecessary use of the owrd nonsense.

But I am also a footballer, and I have played the highest level of amateur football abroad, have come through professional academies, and i regularly play with local 1st division players till today.

But I don't even need to mention all that - I need only remind you that the coach was once a centre back at the highest level himself so clearly his judgment is far superior to yours.

That is to say, "I am a footballer" means nothing.

Ajayi got his timing wrong and that's all you need to say there. He should have stayed focused on the ball rather than rushing to body check the man. That is the way a second tier defender plays.

I want you to now give me just one instance where Omeruo has been responsible for any single opportunity the opponents have had?

I can't understand how some of you underrate this guy.

Ajayi is good on the ball and a strong header, but in every other core defensive metric Omeruo is stronger, and that is what we need. To take an example from your own post, that block after uzoho parried the shot only required a last ditch block because ajayi was not in position in the first place.

That is reactive defending that only looks good to casual watchers of football. When you have a football education, you can't be impressed by that.
I think I’d be a good student of yours . I’m still aspiring to play to the highest level, if possible connect me to any club . I love technical ballers , which I’m blessed to be one . I mean someone who use more brain than brawn .
Omeruo is good , but as a casual viewer , I don’t find his play impressive ( I will admit he’s having a terrific AFCON tourney .
The coach , yes played as a defender who I didn’t watch , has been excellent so far , kudos to him .
Ajayi to me , is better especially if we are to face pacy and technical attackers .
I salute you senior man.
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by SmartyPants(m): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2022
Dmacqh:

I think I’d be a good student of yours . I’m still aspiring to play to the highest level, if possible connect me to any club . I love technical ballers , which I’m blessed to be one . I mean someone who use more brain than brawn .
Omeruo is good , but as a casual viewer , I don’t find his play impressive ( I will admit he’s having a terrific AFCON tourney .
The coach , yes played as a defender who I didn’t watch , has been excellent so far , kudos to him .
Ajayi to me , is better especially if we are to face pacy and technical attackers .
I salute you senior man.

Good talk - we can agree to disagree.

As to clubs - I'm more of a casual Saturday player now (in my 30's) so it's not as though I have access to clubs like that...I just know some players and play with them outside of the club structure.

Good luck!
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by Dmacqh(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2022
SmartyPants:

Good talk - we can agree to disagree.

As to clubs - I'm more of a casual Saturday player now (in my 30's) so it's not as though I have access to clubs like that...I just know some players and play with them outside of the club structure.

Good luck!
Boss , all I need is a good trial or someone who is willing to assist me to the higher level especially abroad . We can draw a contract signifying you as my manager . I can chat you privately on WhatsApp or email .
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by Testimony1988(m): 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
They are determined to succeed.
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by Litmus: 12:45pm On Jan 20, 2022
Maxymilliano:

But I thought they said they rather die than to loss to Nigeria.

They stated this? shocked

My-o-my. It means they look down on Nigeria. The choice of words is telling. Meanwhile, Nigeria, that has won all sorts of international football competition, were quite prepared to envisage Guinea, that has won little or nothing, wining due to the nature of football.

I believe that I have read widely but Niaraland has added to my understanding of many African nations. These African nations are arrogant beyond the usefulness of the word Arrogant in expressing a kind of childish stupidity informed by ignorance and uncouth rearing. I I'm only left wondering how on earth Nigerians are labelled arrogant when Nigeria's achievements are in line with Nigerians attitudes.

...and no, they didn't mean they were going to fight so had not to loose that they were prepared to die on the field-of-play! I've read enough of the typical attitude of these people up and down Africa to know better. angry
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by IbileIfe: 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nigeria Player Ratings: Simon flourishes in half-hour appearance | Goal.com
Moses Simon (9/10)
Nigeria's livewire is proving to be unstoppable at this finals. He completed a plethora of dribbles after replacing Ejuke, going past his marker seven times in only 34 minutes of action—no player on the pitch had more.

Unlucky his powerful effort leading to Troost-Ekong's strike hit the woodwork

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/lists/nigeria-player-ratings-moses-simon-flourishes-in-half-hour/blt29a0ab7476cf1537

Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by adonaimart(m): 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2022
I laugh all the time when people bring arguments like these.

Check the background of black men who lead large organizations.. They were not all groomed locally...I said ur project will "most likely" get sponsors with a white man as point.

White men are not gods but their training puts them at d top.

Pls be guided

magicminister:

Free yourself from mental slavery! No one would do it for you but yourself!
If a sponsorship is dependent on a white man being in charge, then we do not need that type of sponsorship! It’s not business if we have competent talent in the country but choose to hire non-black d-league foreign coaches
Re: What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau by adonaimart(m): 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2022
blackgold2018:
trash.
A fool trying to sound intelligent

I will let ur statement pass, hopefully you will get sense soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Francis Uzoho's Horrible Injury During Brazil Vs Nigeria Friendly / Maduka Okoye Gets Super Eagles Invite, The First / Sure Game For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.