Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,371 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Why Ibibio Person Should Be The Next President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ibibio Person Should Be The Next President Of Nigeria (405 Views)

Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 / If One Person Should Be Allowed To Rule Nigeria Indefinitely Who Should It Be? / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ibibio Person Should Be The Next President Of Nigeria by eeetuk(m): 11:44am On Jan 20, 2022
Why Ibibio Person Should be the Next President of Nigeria
By eeetuk

Even though Ibibio people make up the fourth largest tribe in Nigeria, they can win 2023 presidential election in Nigeria. Election is a contest of ideas. And that means, when different candidates promote their ideas and voters pick best one.

My optimistic about an Ibibio Person chance to win 2023 presidential election if he/she gets into the contest is grounded on the following reasons:

Have you ever been to Akwa Ibom State before Nigeria returned to democracy in 1999?
Before 1999, Akwa Ibom State was a forest and jungle. When you enter Akwa Ibom State and hear a noise, it came from birds. Life there was miserable. You could not possibly hope for any good future residing at the state. There were few roads, but hardly fitted two cars. There was no Airport. No place to work. No football stadium with international recognition to promote the state, no five stars hotels to attract tourists. A few jobs available in the state were government jobs. That means only the lucky ones were hired.

As a result, the citizens migrated to Lagos State in a large number to find work and places to live. Some have remained in Lagos for good, and many have returned home.

And thank God for the emergence of Victor Attah as the first civilian elected governor of Akwa Ibom State. His good leadership shines bright lights on the skills and talents of Ibibio people. Today, Akwa Ibom State composes of nice communities of people from different parts of Nigeria, towns, and cities. The skills and talents of Ibibio people have produced the following in the state:

First, Akwa Ibom state has built roads connecting all its 31 local governments---enable the citizens and residents to reconnect with their love ones, conduct local trade, move and exchange cultural events with their neighbors. If Ibibio becomes the next president of Nigeria, he/she can duplicate similar projects across Nigeria.

Second, Akwa Ibom State Airport. Air travel has become a common means of transportation in Akwa Ibom state—attracting tourism unlike never seen before. Business in Akwa Ibom State is booming, thanks to Ibom Air—which now flies people across Nigeria and some African countries. If Ibibio becomes the next president of Nigeria, he/she can duplicate similar projects across Nigeria.

Third, International recognized hotels and many five stars hotels are now spreading throughout Akwa Ibom. That helps to generate incomes for locals, generate employment for locals, become a chief source of foreign exchange, helps to develop infrastructure and stabilize local economy. If Ibibio becomes the next president of Nigeria, he/she can duplicate similar projects across Nigeria.

Fourth, Akwa Ibom Football Stadium. Akwa Ibom State now houses one of the most respected football Stadium in Africa. This stadium has hosted games which include Nigeria vs Ghana, South Africa vs Nigeria, African cups of Nation, and many more. If Ibibio becomes the next president of Nigeria, he/she can duplicate similar projects across Nigeria.

The picture below is that Umana Okon Umana. He is currently the CEO and Managing Director of Gas and Oil Zone authority in Nigeria. There are many people in Akwa Ibom State like Mr. Umana Okon Umana, but I prefer him because the wealth of experience he has both in private and public sectors in Nigeria.

Nigeria only chance to become a prosperous nation is going with Ibibio person as the next President of Nigeria. Let’s go get it!

Re: Why Ibibio Person Should Be The Next President Of Nigeria by Fernandeswagger(m): 1:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nice write up.

I can see you like Mr Umana. Can you tell me what he has contributed to the development of the state as he's CEO of the oil and gas export zone?

Another thing; Obong Victor Attah was not the first democratically elected governor of the state, that title goes to the late Obong Akpan Isemin.

Last but not the least I disagree that prior to 1999 the state was a forest and a jungle. Although not as developed as it is today. Reminds me of a saying my Dad used to tell me; six blind men went to touch an elephant, after touching it they were asked to describe it. They six blind men described the elephant based on the parts they had individually touched, to some the elephant was a thick long rope ( for the person who touched the tail) to the others it was something else.
Re: Why Ibibio Person Should Be The Next President Of Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 1:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
I am not sure Ibibio is the 4th largest group in Nigeria wink
You are right that it's the right of every Nigerian qualified to rule to contest.
May God bless Nigeria forever
Re: Why Ibibio Person Should Be The Next President Of Nigeria by eeetuk(m): 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2022
Hello Fernandewagger.
You wrote:
"I can see you like Mr Umana. Can you tell me what he has contributed to the development of the state as he's CEO of the oil and gas export zone?

Another thing; Obong Victor Attah was not the first democratically elected governor of the state, that title goes to the late Obong Akpan Isemin.

Last but not the least I disagree that prior to 1999 the state was a forest and a jungle. Although not as developed as it is today. Reminds me of a saying my Dad used to tell me; six blind men went to touch an elephant, after touching it they were asked to describe it. They six blind men described the elephant based on the parts they had individually touched, to some the elephant was a thick long rope ( for the person who touched the tail) to the others it was something else.

"

Wow! Mr. Umana Okon Umana has contributed immensely to the development of Akawa Ibom state. He was the commissioner for finance under Victor Attah governor administration. While there, his leadership removed thousands of ghost workers from the payroll. That allows the government of state to use money saved from ghost workers to fund other programs in the state. Mr. Umana Okon Umana also served as the secretary to Akwa Ibom state under the administration of Godwin Akpabio. There , he was the leading effort that transformed Akwa Ibom state to what we now love. And as a managing Director of oil and gas zone authority, Mr. Umana has made the agency the most profitable agency in Nigeria history. His role there has also led to the creation of good paying jobs in Akwa Ibom state.

My apology for not recognizing Obong Akpan Isemin. I thank him for his service.
Also, I noted in my article that Umana Okon Umana is not the only one. So, I will welcome your own choice as well.

(1) (Reply)

Why Bola Tinubu Must Never Be Nigeria's President - Festus Adedayo / Video: How Okorocha, Cited Quran Passionately As He Declared For 2023 Presidency / Migratory Elephant Brought To UI Zoo Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.