Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry (1435 Views)

The Way British, Americans And Nigerians Woo A Girl (photo) / Can You Take This Girl Home To See Your Mum? [pic] / 21 Ways To Make Your Man Come Running Home To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by Godsgirl(f): 6:03am On Jul 31, 2007
Trust/Motive

I am not talking about a State-State connection. I mean: COUNTRY-COUNTRY

Before you ask me or jump to conclusions I will tell you my own reponse: "No, I cannot do it" Reason: Because I spend most of each year in the United States.
                                        Your turn:
Male or female in Nigeria: Can you see yourself in a country-country relationship?
Male or female in the US: Can you see yourself in a country-country relationship?

Can you? Yes or No. You may state your reason (if you wish). Simple as that! No need to disrespect anyone else's response, just speak for yourself please!!
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by BABEELOVE(f): 6:19am On Jul 31, 2007
It really does not matter where anyone goes to get a bride or a groom.  The only problem is that there is very little room for courtship, to really know yourselves enough to make a logical decision about marriage when anyone gets involved in a bi-continental affair.  Culture shock will test the relationship.  A lot of hard work involved too! You can never know what is in another person's mind no matter how they pretend. Only time will tell and there may be enough time to make things work be compromising. Bi-continental relationships are very risky.

I say that while nothing is impossible[b] the chances of success are very slim [/b] and the risks involved are high.  You never know what you are getting into.  This is for individuals who like a high element of surprise and adventure in their lives.  Bottom line---success depends on "the will of God"!  If it is meant to be, then it will succeed.

Look before you leap.  At least spend time with your prospective partner before making a final decision.
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by Godsgirl(f): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2007
Thanks. Now, where is everyone else?, cheesy
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by Boondoggle(m): 4:44am On Aug 10, 2007
e-love sheyyyy grin

It depends on if we were able to "click" before distance comes between us. If we have not been able to achieve any reasonable tie then it won't even make any sense to say there is any relationship but if a good tie has been established by all means we will continue after all the world is now a global village.

G-girl, what if you were married and your honey or sugar had to move to another country for whatever reason, would you call it quit or change your name to RUTH or if your heavenly dad should lead you that way would you refuse? you'd better start learning how to play e-love - not a prophecy o!

Shalom cool
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 10, 2007
I'd probably get married in Nigeria, but who knows?
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by Godsgirl(f): 8:05am On Aug 10, 2007
@ Boon:

In response, If I was married and my man had to move to another country for whatever reason, I would follow him because I believe that the woman's place is with her man.

Agape!
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by Boondoggle(m): 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2007
. . . and would you consider moving to Nigeria grin grin grin

Shalom cool
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by Godsgirl(f): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2007
If I was already married to him, yeah, why not? Is that not my home land? besides, I plan to settle in Nigeria with my private practice anyway (God willing). The issue however is "before that marriage takes place" The distance between countries is not for me. I cannot trust that such relationship exists w/o motives.  Now if the woman/man already had access to the States but lives in Naija, that is a dif story. I am just speaking from experience of those here that I know who are still recovering from men with motives.

Also, I tried to e-chatting thing just for fun in undergrad and that was a big joke. The guys ended up being someone else from who they claimed to be  sad with diff pictures  grin

I know my husband is a Nigerian that is already in the States.

Agape!
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by ssRhino: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2007
A man or the woman could fall in love anywhere, and anyhow, love seems to be a state of mind that cld make either the man or the woman to do the things they cldnt imagine, however, the only one that i dont support is that "beast" called arranged marriage, brodas/sisters, pls be very careful, a bro/sis that has reside in western world for a while, ur life has change so much and a new bride or groom from some village in nigeria cant catch up, will take time and some experimenting be4 he/she would be up to par, and when he/she is up to per, they could learn the wrong thing and some of the mistakes they make while going thru the transition would be costly, however, once the man and the woman knew each other well, and dated for a while be4 the other move with the other, it cld be fun, expect challenges, give the other a chance to get to par with you and pray so hard, teach him/her what to know, cos either you like it or not, he/she would find out, but love will always find a way
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by Macgreat(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2007
Make them no go marry winch or private agents(aka aashéwo)
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by Boondoggle(m): 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2007
I know my husband is a Nigerian that is already in the States.

. .  . so "whiti" has no chance with you

Shalom cool
Re: Nigeria-Americans Going Home To Marry by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 12, 2017
Godsgirl I want u to b my wife...just read one of ur comment since 2007. What do u say...smiles?

(1) (Reply)

The Controversial Oprah Show About Nigerai Is Airing Again ! / (ladies) How Do I Get My Girl Back / Do Ladies Prefer Xperienced Male Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.