Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,402 members, 7,853,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:41 AM

2023: Only God’ll Determine My Successor - Okowa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Only God’ll Determine My Successor - Okowa (179 Views)

Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again / 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors / Osun 2022: You Are Not God, Can’t Determine My Fate, Oyetola Replies Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Only God’ll Determine My Successor - Okowa by Ayinesongya3: 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2022
AS politicians strategise and group up ahead of 2023, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State said only God would determine his successor and not man, insisting that he would never take the place of God in deciding who succeeds him.

Okowa, during a thanksgiving service at the Government House Chapel, Asaba, for the blessings of God upon him, his family and the state in 2021 and greater divine attention on them and the state in 2022, urged Deltans to pray for him to finish strong

He said: “Finishing strong is about being able to reach out to the people to lay the foundation that people can build upon and I urge Deltans to pray for the will of God to be done in the state ahead of the 2023 governorship election.”

Cautioning political stakeholders on the need to concentrate on governance and not be distracted ahead of the 2023 general elections, he said: “Let us approach the next few months with oneness of love. Towards the end of every administration, there are usually distractions here and there.

“We are not stopping people from playing politics but we need to realise that there is a purpose and we must remain loyal and committed to governance until May 29, 2023.“This is a year of politics and as politicians we cannot avoid it, pray with us, pray for us and pray for the state.

https://www.mynigeria.com/NigeriaHomePage/politics/2023-Only-God-ll-determine-my-successor-Okowa-517558

Re: 2023: Only God’ll Determine My Successor - Okowa by adekanmbi1986(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Only God’ll Determine My Successor - Okowa by nzeobi(m): 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
The way Nigerian politicians call God eh you will think they're saints.

Anyway power comes from God and him alone using the voters in democracy
Re: 2023: Only God’ll Determine My Successor - Okowa by eddynaira125: 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
Okowa by this time 2014 you were already campaigning for Governor you fail to focus on your Senate Job, we know your plan, you want them to focus on governance then suddenly you will strike

(1) (Reply)

Let Your Relationship With Me Translate To Success- Lagos Cp / Soludo Commiserates With Victims Of Onitsha Fire Disaster / How Are You Finding It Easy To Get Your Vehicle Physically Tested In Lagos VIS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.