Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again (28522 Views)

Economic Hardship: Pray For Tinubu, It’s Not Easy – Wike Begs Nigerians / Please Forgive Me, I Made Wrong Choice – Wike Begs Rivers People Over Fubara / Governor Wike Begs Buhari Government: Please Forgive Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Dapromzy333(m): 7:31am On May 12
Nyesom Wike, the immediate past governor of Rivers State, has apologised to the Rivers people for appointing Governor Siminalayi Fubara as his successor, claiming that he never instructed anyone to worship him in order to gain power.

Wike, the Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), issued the apology on Saturday in Ogu town, Ogu/Bolo Local Government Area, for a thanksgiving ceremony held in honour of George Sekibo, who celebrated 20 years of meritorious service at the National Assembly and 36 years of public service.

In his remarks at the event, Wike begged the people of Ogun/Bolo loca to forgive him, saying that people should be appreciative of those or whoever that is instrumental to their elevation.

The former governor said that God cannot come down to help people, but would use somebody to accomplish that, condemning ingratitude in the lives of some individuals.

Wike stated: “My dear people, I came because I respect people who appreciate what God has done for them; who appreciate what God has used people to do for them. God does not come down. God uses people to help people. So, when you have been helped, you appreciate Him and, then, God will know you have appreciated Him.

“I have never told anybody to worship me. Nobody can worship man. All of us believe that we only have one God. And it is only that God we will worship. And we will continue to worship that God. But, as politicians, we appreciate people who have helped us.

“Ogu/Bolo people, when I came to ask you to support me, you supported me. Did I worship you? But, I have to appreciate you. I have to thank you. If you did not support me, I would not have been in the position where I am. I never said I would worship you. Did you tell me to worship you? So, how did the issue of worship come?”

The Minister noted that nobody can be completely free from mistakes, stressing, “I have made a mistake. I own up. And I ask God to forgive me. I have said all of you forgive me. But, we will correct it at the appropriate time.

“I am a human being. I am bound to make a mistake. My judgement can be wrong. So, forgive me for making a wrong judgement. That is life. So, nobody should kill himself.”

To the lawmaker representing Ogu/Bolo constituency in the House of Assembly, Wike declared: “Let me say this clearly, Arnold, don’t be frightened that anybody would remove you as an Assembly member. Nobody will remove you as Assembly member.

“Most of you don’t understand. This (politics) is our work. What l am doing is to make them fear, to make them angry. I have no other job than to make them to be angry everyday, to make them make mistake everyday. And they will be in trouble everyday. So, don’t worry yourselves.

“If they like, they can go to anybody by 2am, 4am to get injunction. The law will take its course. We are not afraid. We followed due process. We must follow due process. We are not going to harm anybody. We are not going to give money to anybody to buy arms and kill anybody. We won’t do that.

“As you see me, I think well. You see, I came with Senator Magnus Abe. I work with people who have brain. In politics, when people who have brain disagree, they agree.”

Wike taunted those saying they would bring him down, saying nobody could do that. “When you are in charge, you are in charge. So, don’t worry,” urging them to calm down because everything would be over.

He, however, advised Ogun/Bolo people to forget the abuse coming from their detractors, noting that one must be alive for people to abuse him.

“At the appropriate day, that day when the result would be announced, we will know who is who. Don’t worry yourselves. We have defeated them severally. No amount of propaganda can help you. Ogu people have shown loyalty. And I want to thank you.”

The FCT minister declared that he knows how to handle the people he described as “buccaneers”, stressing that he would continue to handle them.

He acknowledged that it is not easy to be in power, saying that it is only those who lack knowledge of why they are in power that give excuses.

“When you want to do bad, you say there is too much pressure on you, saying they say I should bring N20 billion, N10 billion, N100 billion. They want to run away from fulfilling the promises you made to people.

“Look at all the council chairmen; look at all the Assembly members. These are young men, whom I talked to, spoke to that all these things are for the interest of all of us. Do it. And they all did it. Today, somebody says they are nobody. Will you accept that?

“Look at Assembly people sat down in their various constituencies. You never brought a dime. I never knew you were so rich; I never knew your father was a managing director of Shell before and now you are feeding Assembly people, paying their children’s school fees. I never knew that. It’s unfortunate.”

Wike reiterated that he would not abandon Ogu people, emphasising that from 1999 to 2014, no governor in the state had recognised the traditional institution in Ogu/Bolo, but he broke the jinx.

The FCT minister berated traditional rulers in the area who failed to be appreciative of the person who lifted them up.

I have maintained peace. And I will continue to maintain peace. And I want all of you to continue to maintain peace. There will come a time when nobody can tell me that I would not live in my house. Nobody can tell me that I cannot go to my house. Maintain peace and follow law. Follow due process.”

https://platinumtimes.ng/forgive-me-for-choosing-fubara-as-my-successor-wike-begs-rivers-people-again/

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by PlasmaTV: 7:42am On May 12
If this is true, then I am happy.
Fubara should teach wike a very bitter lesson and make him a nonentity in the state.

Wicked Wike who thought he was god

339 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by SaiOba: 7:42am On May 12
It has always been about your WIKEd self.. Nigerian politics is all about selfish interest.. Choosing SIM was a blessing in disguise for the Rivers people.. So keep the sorry to your lame selfish s3lf.. Rivers people ain't complaining.. Infact, we are very HAPPY.

286 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by SaiOba: 7:45am On May 12
I told people here that it was a game of chess and when you see someone that is a silent player, omo fear that person ooo... Life no be gra gra..

187 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by slivertongue: 7:53am On May 12
the governor has what it takes to teach his opponents political lessons.

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Cindypresh(f): 7:59am On May 12
Karma issa Bitch😂... giving wike quickie doggy back to back, not even upto a year, lmao

A real quickie bitch

115 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Kewtt: 8:00am On May 12
PlasmaTV:
If this is true, then I am happy.
Fubara should teach wike a very bitter lesson and make him a nonentity in the state.

Wicked Wike who thought he was god
You read bible upside down...why not nairaland post.

59 Likes

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Kewtt: 8:00am On May 12
slivertongue:
Nope.

58 Likes

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Kewtt: 8:01am On May 12
SaiOba:
It has always been about your WIKEd self.. Nigerian politics is all about selfish interest.. Choosing SIM was a blessing in disguise for the Rivers people.. So keep the sorry to your lame selfish s3lf.. Rivers people ain't complaining.. Infact, we are very HAPPY.
You're irrelevant.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Kewtt: 8:01am On May 12
slivertongue:
Nope. He's an ungrateful disloyal neophyte

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Amuluonyenaego: 8:04am On May 12
Selfishness talking out from him

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Hollyharjii: 8:04am On May 12
Wike the Wicked Producer

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by LibertyRep: 8:04am On May 12
The underdog always curry pity in a fight.

The judiciary should come to the rescue as fast as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by kennyz247(m): 8:05am On May 12
U go beg taya..
What a beautiful way to learn a lesson..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Akbil: 8:05am On May 12
Didn't they vote for him again, oh so truly election is a sham?

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by UHLmoving: 8:06am On May 12
Shut up you this man. You MUST ACCEPT that your tenure as governor is over.

Leave the state governor to do his work

I thought there was an election and the people chose Fubara.

So fxck off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMqj7qKy3mw

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by CountinBlessins(m): 8:06am On May 12
Look at this criminals useless thief thug . No body could talk during your 8 Years as governor !! Now you want to gaslight people into thinking that Rivers indigenes aren't happy with fubara ? Stupid alcoholic degenerate 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You that killed and arrested anyone you wanted at will. Just to impose your dictatorship now you are suddenly remember Rivers people matter?

Mad man grin grin cheesy

Fubara has the blessing and backing of all the high chiefs in Rivers state plus all the civil servants and all the hardworking honest Rivers people.

It is the cultists and killers that are against him because they are your supporters. Because under you they had work constantly..killing and raping but since you left no work for them

109 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Ashez: 8:06am On May 12
Zuzaway Mr man
You are wickedness personified, and in due time, we all go witness your downfall and shame.
Wicked Wike

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Bishopadaidu(m): 8:06am On May 12
Sim is teaching wike politics 102

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Nazgul: 8:06am On May 12
This wike of a man still believes he owns Rivers State.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by castrokins(m): 8:06am On May 12
Cry More, Mr. Wike.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Akbil: 8:07am On May 12
So what?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by havenz(m): 8:07am On May 12
Wike just let him govern and let peace be seen in River State.

2 Likes

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by mightyhazel: 8:09am On May 12
I hope he knelt down and waved stumpy hands like oshomole did.. grin

10 Likes

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by udemzyudex(m): 8:09am On May 12
Who this one Wan dey gaslight grin

Clown.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by royalwax2: 8:09am On May 12
How is this man's current relationship with:
-GEJ
-Patience Jonathan
-Joseph Mbu
-Sir Dr. Peter Odili
-Justice Mary Odili Rtd.
-Etc.. ?
These people sef go dey lament everyday.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by condralbedez: 8:09am On May 12
grin

Soon you will ask Nigerians to forgive you for rigging thier votes in favour of Tinubu.
Mugu

God will judge you sooner than you expect, Old ogogoro Master.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by Maxymilliano(m): 8:09am On May 12
Cry baby

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by jeff1993: 8:09am On May 12
I wish this Fubara can really deal with this man same way WIKE deal with Amaechi.

This Wike of a man deserves maximum brutality and wickedness

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again by jaxxy(m): 8:09am On May 12
which rivers people? or his political slaves?

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi's Daughter Set To Wed / APC Crisis: Ajimobi May Emmerge Acting Chairman / Naira Scarcity: Rioters Invade Ogun LG Secretariat, Cart Away Mace (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.