Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil (20896 Views)

MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) / Do Labor Laws Protect Nigerian Workers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Kilode1: 5:28am On Jun 21, 2011
alienYOUTH:

This is a realy sad predicament we find ourselves in as a nation. i dare say that all the expatriate controlled firms are guilty of this - racism on our own soil. without getting into too much story (cos i hate reading long posts too); i worked for one of them ex-pat firms run by lebanese (SETRACO); i had to resign after 3 mths cos i culdnt bear d disdain wit which they regard u; no matter how technically sound u are.  angry

i supervised another firm too (SCC) on a road project; can u believe they refused us the use of the site toilet facilities; they said we culd stick our d.i.c.k.s in d atmosphere for all they care, trust me, i promptly resigned?!?

I wont blame them, its our leaders who have sold us to slavery once again; they collect huge sums from them before awarding contracts, so the ex-pats are obliged to sweat us (the underlings) for all we can muster. u wont believe the salaries and working hours our pple have to endure.  cry

We too are to blame, mumu pple; we r afraid to confront these bastiches head-on cos most are afraid to lose their jobs; we idiots will reason that "half bread is bttr than none"; besides, ten pple are in line to fill your space. What more can i say; we Nigerians r highly tolerant. sad

My bro, while Setraco treated you like dirt, the Lebanese  owner and CEO Fayez Khalaf (who is probably buddy buddy with our politicians) is busy spending money to recruit more lebanese guys to come work for him in Nigeria and probably continue the domination, discrimination and oppression. SMH

Unlike you, they seem to be enjoying their experience with Setraco;

"In Nigeria, I’m able to save money and within one year and a half, I was able to establish a new career and a new lifestyle; for instance I was finally able to pay a down-payment for an apartment”. Another LAU graduate who has been hired by Khalaf as project manager for a 420m long pre-stressed bridge in Ondo, West of Nigeria is Raed Saliba, who also highly recommends working in Nigeria to fresh graduates, saying: “Life is not so demanding and you can save some money. As for work you can develop your career to a great extent. You surely learn something important from this experience

http://campaign.lau.edu.lb/news/archive/lebanese_businessmansaid_fayez_khalaf_renews_his_commitment_to_lau_students/
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ushafe(m): 5:40am On Jun 21, 2011
fold ur hands and wait for leaders or government to come and clean ur shit for u, everything leaders, germany dog beat a warri man and the fool is calling IG. Just wait , germany cat will be the nxt to beat u
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by pereze: 6:12am On Jun 21, 2011
Why the mantra, 'warri no de carry last'? The official in question should be flogged well in public naked! Why these warri men de fall our hand.
In UK, for someone's dog to bite you, that is so much money for you.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by noblegas2(m): 6:28am On Jun 21, 2011
Pathetic!!! angry angry angry
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Jakumo(m): 6:54am On Jun 21, 2011
The vast majority of Germans who work for Julius Berger treat Nigerians with great respect, and enjoy the company of Nigerian women in particular.

I have hunted with these guys on many occasions, and thus spent long enough around them to note that they are very courteous with their drivers and assistants. The man trying to create his little Apartheid in some remote Julius Berger camp is clearly a wacko that does NOT represent the majority of other Germans and expatriates working in Nigeria.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by abes(m): 6:55am On Jun 21, 2011
ushafe:

fold your hands and wait for leaders or government to come and clean your poo for u, everything leaders, germany dog beat a warri man and the fool is calling IG. Just wait , germany cat will be the nxt to beat u

Nice one, Until Nigerians stop waiting for a saviour, this will never stop.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 21, 2011
zombie no go fight unless u tell am to fight, zombie
zombi no go vote unless u tell am to vote, zombie,
zombie o zombie, zombie o zombie,
tell am to press thumb, he got put am for umblera
after he gon dey laugh they cry, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by tollu: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2011
No, I don't believe this really happened?
Dem dey craze? Just reading it is making my blood boil.

No No No, this shiit can't be real.
Let's even forget about the government, how does any man siddon look one baasstard with yellow skin unleash dogs on your fellow country man?
They just sat around and did nothing? God punish all the Nigerian sons of Biittches that were present on that site.
A site that should have gone up in flames, the white men should have walked out bruised and battered.
Na to de bomb innocent people dem sabi and fight Itshekiri war. Awon oloshii onijekuje, lazy sons of guns.

I don't blame the white guys and I don't even blame the government
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by JoeMosco(m): 7:42am On Jun 21, 2011
Part of the blame goes to public office holders who brandish degrading attitude before them, then part of it goes to the "black staff" who did not gang up against them and burn their own canteen. We should be the one maltreating and the other way round.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by daviesmania(m): 8:20am On Jun 21, 2011
This is wat is obtainable in all de big firms in Nigeria, God will punish dis white idiots & de black nigerian leaders dat are giving dem de power. 4ck our leaders! 4rm youth presidents to mr PRESIDENT.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by lucabraski(f): 8:29am On Jun 21, 2011
Warri people una yab!!!!!! If to say na okada man dey misbehave, we know wetin for don happen. why una dey slack? abeg, make una rise up and take action afterall, man die but once.

Imagine yeye oyibo dey make life miserable for una for una own country and state sef hissssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by RSA(m): 8:31am On Jun 21, 2011
And here I was thinking Naija people have balls,since they said black South Africans are cowards.So much for the real African pride shocked
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Gbenge77(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2011
Do we have a government at all?
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ChefMike(m): 8:59am On Jun 21, 2011
GEJ's govt.should assit Nigerians.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Logba: 9:03am On Jun 21, 2011
Germans are like that. Everyone should endeavor to read about what they did to the Jews during Hitler time. If you cannot find any document on the subject, get the Movie "Escape from Sobibor". They did that in Germany to the Jews and should not be allowed to happen in Nigera.

Having said that and after much contributions from people on this , I think we need to begin to use this forum to find way of solving this type of problem.  These idiots should not be abusing us on our own soill without any fear of the consequence of such behavior. That guy lives in Nigeria uses our roads etc. I am of the opinion that he should be dealt with directly.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by hardbody: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2011
Most of you guys have spoken well. The average black man is just subservient. And as had been observed elsewhere in this post, i have watched with dismay at the airport where fellow black guys were quick to attend to a white fwool and give him recognition ahead of my fellow black men, and this was happening here at the MM International Airport. Individually, those black downtrodden guys in Warri may not be able to take their employers on, but what happened to collective efforts? Could they not agree to go on a rampage against those Pharoahs lording it over them? It is sickening to read such stories and what is more, when it happens in my very presence i get real mad. I recall being caught in traffic someday along Ajose Adeogun, while meandering to find my way onto the major street ( i recall i was coming out from Younis Bashorun), one guy (white) came out of his car to shout at me for 'supposedly' blocking the road. As if that was not enough, he walked back to his car and picked his phone to make a call to whoever in tripple hell he wanted to call, Gawwwd!!!, the scene i created thereafter is still fresh in my mind. I walked over to his car, told him in plain english that he is not just in Nigeria, but in Lagos, and that i had the good mind to beat him black and blue, unfortunately some some area boys were around and dropped some coins for them to molest the guy, he abandoned his car and ran into Zenith Bank building, of course i moved on with regret that if it had happened where we had less prying eyes, i would have racked that guy and obtained him on top. Bottom line, dont be scared by these half baked guys, we are the fully baked and brownish guys, wherever they want it, get down dirty with them and beat the hell out of them, often times, they really have nothing to show beyond their supposed colour advantage whic to me is indeed a disadvantage. What with all those dots that come over their pale flesh as they grow older. Imp-ish Eediets.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by RexyDon(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2011
This has always been the life  style of these foreign crook whose fortunes & destinies in Nigeria never turn to be in their disfavor. Dey no go kill us, neither will they invade Nigeria. But the  our leaders have to take proactive measures over these apartheid policies against Nigerians.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2011
Here is an excerpt from an email sent by a german expatriate worker living in nigeria, explaining to his friend in germany  how fantastic life is in nigeria:

Behrend,

Wish you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a real exciting NEW YEAR. I miss you so much . I miss all the action there…all the fun… He !

But the only thing that makes it better is the good atmosphere at work : Too many projects to control, in different fields, a lot of experience to get, and the ****** guys here are real close and gentle, we leave like brothers than when we ar at home!… Believe it or not we’re working not less then 13 hours each day !

[b]Most of Nigerian people are real poor and dirty!: schwarz ist nicht gut, Es ist eine Krankheit! but they very smart and it amase me many times how smart good they are…but you will be really shocked when you see the way they live…there houses built by sand…

Their foods like posion and better than what you will feed Gerhard with!  …their wear like rags, ! And the big guys of the government, those who are in power…you don’t mant to know how reach they are : Wörter werden sich wie reich nicht zeigen!!!! And they still want and beg us to come to their villages with them, go around town with them, even pay. Hannes and Rafael wher paid to come to a party!! Nigeria government people want people to see white men around them…komische Leute!!!

Anyway, our situation here is a lot better : We have our own house, and three Nigerian guys to cook and clean…we have uncounted mobile armed guard with AK47 that stay with us 24/7, I have two pamanent drivers that drive me around sites and towns, he works as long as I work, only for 125£ every monts, we have big how with fence and big like Brandenburger!!! I am more than president ******* here in Nigeria …we also have television with dish, stereo, AC…and each one of us has a brand new car: a 507 peugeot designed especially for Nigerian roads that most of it are still made with sand without asphalt (those are the roads inside the towns), still they have good highways that link the cities with each other.

Prostituierte! Prostituierte!! Every where, for 10$! and the fine girls that are good are also Prostituierte for 15$, Ich habe nichts wie das vorher gesehen!, the girl will do anything for money! Rafael use mädchen howless and to abuse them with sex and treet them like sluts and dogs every night with different mädchen … schlecht und verrückt! Sometimes we stay in camp’s common room and watch via CCTV!!!! At midnights…[/b]

I am just few months, but I will always keep you posted….Bye and greetings to Janh!
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/rowland-adewumi/an-expatriates-email-from-nigeria.html
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by btyflmd(m): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2011
its so sad that racism is still accepted in our OWN country under our eyes.If this story is true, it goes to show that our Govt have failed in protecting her citizens and the company or so called German be made to suffer the consequence. The foreigners know very well that Nigeria is a lawless country that anything goes,so what do you expect and moreover they have this belief that they are doing us a favour with their EXPERTISE. I can assure you that the Germans cant do that in their own country because this is the highest level of dehumanization.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by btyflmd(m): 11:06am On Jun 21, 2011
i am not surprised with the description of what the German is telling his friend about Nigeria, he is actually happy and surprised with the way he is being treated because the first class services he is getting cannot be obtained in germany. The fool is insulting blacks that we are not good and that we are dirty but he can still allow the blacks to cook,drive and still sleep with our girls;i don't blame him at all.However, it should be stated that yes we know our country is still developing  and our citizens do not have the best of basic amenities but we have our pride as Nigerians and no FOOL should take us forgranted because of our hospitality moreover here in Germany, there are some germans who pick food from trashcans and who do not have health insurance nor homes to live in.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 11:13am On Jun 21, 2011
^^^^
btyflmd do you understand german? If yes, can you translate the german comments in that email excerpt?
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by SEFAGO(m): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2011
^ Bros do some independent work: Google Translator grin

For Starters:

black is not good, it's a disease!

schwarz ist nicht gut, Es ist eine Krankheit!

grin

We thank God, we thank God.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Reference(m): 11:42am On Jun 21, 2011
cap28:

Here is an excerpt from an email sent by a german expatriate worker living in nigeria, explaining to his friend in germany  how fantastic life is in nigeria:

Read it and am not surprised. From that attitude it shows they are here more for a holiday and not really work. and that is the clear difference between an investor and a parasite. No fault of theirs. In the forty years they have been in Nigeria we have not succeeded in replicating what they offer so the slavery continues. By our laziness and ineptitude they have thrived. What does JBL do. Build roads and bridges. Nothing so spectacular. I've not seen a project they have executed that isn't common. They replicate their roads, bridges and buildings many times over yet Nigerians that work with and for them are not able to see. When you test JBL with something different such as the national stadium and velodrome they run back to Germany to reinforce.

I was watching a program on a new city built in China. Every single project was handled by a Chinese company. When we are ready to accept our standards of development then and only then will we make progress. As long as we are willing to ease up and slide sideways at the slightest challenge we will never develop. When cement increases we scream imports. when the price of fuel goes up we yell import, when our roads go bad we plead for JBL, when no gas reaches the power plants we cry to SPDC. Why won't they treat us like trash.

We just have a terrible mental block in this country that requires urgent attention. Even middle-eastern nationals are beginning to do stuff for themselves. When they are fully liberated I really don't know whom we would take consolation in.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by btyflmd(m): 11:45am On Jun 21, 2011
schwarz is nicht gut - black is not good

es ist eine krankheit - it is a diesease or sickness

wörter werden sich wie reich nicht zeigen - words cannnot explain or words are inadequate to explain

brandenburger - it is a massive building in Berlin with high fence and used for tourism

prostituierte - prostitutes or prostitution

ich habe nichts wie das vorher gesehen - i have never seen that before

mädchen - women or girls

schlecht und verrückt - bad and crazy
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by obowunmi(m): 11:51am On Jun 21, 2011
Who cares how Nigerians are being treated. The only thing Nigerians know to do well is go to church. Let them continue that exact same way.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2011
SEFAGO:

^ Bros do some independent work: Google Translator grin

For Starters:

black is not good, it's a disease!

schwarz ist nicht gut, Es ist eine Krankheit!

grin

We thank God, we thank God.

Is that all you could muster Einstein, my google translator is not working thats why i asked btyflmd who lives in germany - in future if you have nothing constructive to add keep your mouth shut.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by SEFAGO(m): 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2011
^ There are loads of free translators online. I just mentioned google to help you for starters undecided

Whateva anyways. You should just have said thank you instead of getting offended. Nigerians and their silly pride .
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2011
btyflmd:

schwarz is nicht gut - black is not good

es ist eine krankheit - it is a diesease or sickness

wörter werden sich wie reich nicht zeigen - words cannnot explain or words are inadequate to explain

brandenburger - it is a massive building in Berlin with high fence and used for tourism

prostituierte - LovePeddlers or prostitution

ich habe nichts wie das vorher gesehen - i have never seen that before

mädchen - women or girls

schlecht und verrückt - bad and crazy

thanks bros- these germans are a bunch of racist c.nts i really dont understand why we continue to put up with their crap.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2011
SEFAGO:

^ There are loads of free translators online. I just mentioned google to help you for starters undecided

Whateva anyways. You should just have said thank you instead of getting offended. Nigerians and their silly pride .

listen mate, why dont you take a running jump (preferably off the edge of a cliff) your "help" is neither wanted nor needed - ar.sehole.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by SEFAGO(m): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2011
cap28:

listen mate, why dont you take a running jump (preferably off the edge of a cliff) your "help" is neither wanted nor needed - ar.sehole.

Ok, Ok, Just go back to topic. cheesy. No harm intended, and regardless of your insults I am not offended.

It definitely sucks to be stoooopid
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by agitator: 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2011
all foreign companies do it. have witnessed where a where diploma holder heads a department with Nigerian master degree holders working under him being treated like poo with salary 1/20 of what the diploma holder earns as an expatriate.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by DisGuy: 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2011
Jakumo:

The vast majority of Germans who work for Julius Berger treat Nigerians with great respect, and enjoy the company of Nigerian women in particular.  

I have hunted with these guys on many occasions, and thus spent long enough around them to note that they are very courteous with their drivers and assistants.   The man trying to create his little Apartheid in some remote Julius Berger camp is clearly[b] a wacko that does NOT represent the majority of other Germans and expatriates working in Nigeria.[/b]

this doesnt represent the reality, so many insider stories online, not just in Nigeria

But i wonder why they had to report to the IGP in abuja who will running for his life, what happened to Police in Delta state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can I Tell My Boss To Stop Spamming My Phone? / Should I Stop Work And Do A Masters Programme? / After Your Msc Abroad: Stay Or Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.