Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil (20895 Views)

MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) / Do Labor Laws Protect Nigerian Workers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Calculia: 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2011
On a serious note now. I actually believe that the white man is the greatest evil to befall Africans. They took away our rightful claim to humanity via slavery and designated us to the category of sub-human till this day. The part that really gets me angry is that alot of Black people actually do not do themselves any justice.

They readily submit themselves to slavery for no gain whatsoever in accordance with the nature of being A SLAVE. I am starting to think just maybe blacks have a lower level of intelligence as the whites claim because it must take a lower level of intelligence to be were we are today in comparison to Asia. I am not happy at all and frustrated with things at home and abroad but I am just but a mere individual.(Heros are a rear commodity in Nigeria and Africa unlike other parts of the world)

In Nigeria on a daily bases the Africans are victimized by their fellow Africans across all the linguistic groups. Despicable crimes on par with that racial motivated whites on blacks crime are committed and term black on black crime. The value for human life is zero and in some cases the ethnic hatred would make the white man look like the savior. I can't hate the white man for a crime my own blacks commit on their fellow blacks, becos dat would be hypocrisy.

Perhaps before we start looking for solutions to the white hatreds of black and their racially motivated crimes on blacks, we should first and foremost search our conscience for some of the heinous things we do to each other.
Our strength as a people lay in our unity. Without absolute unity we will forever remain backward and treated worst dan animals by the whites. cry
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:35am On Jun 26, 2011
I can't hate the white man for a crime my own blacks commit on their fellow blacks, becos dat would be hypocrisy.

Aint nothing wrong with a little hypocrisy cool

Just because Africans have issues doesnt mean we should accept this BS from foreigners. Yes we have A LOT of work to do but letting these lunatics get away with crap isnt helping matters.

Americans have their own issues, did that stop them from going after Bin Laden and the other Arabs trying to destroy the country?
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 26, 2011
Whiteman moving into an igbo gathering in a village hamlet holding a whip and slashing it on the ground.
Whitemansadspeaking through his long nose) Apes obey!
Igbo youths:YEHH!
Whiteman:Apes obey!!
Igbo youths:Yehh!!
Whiteman:Apes obey!!!
Igbo youthssadraising their fists in the air)yehhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ezeagu(m): 1:58am On Jun 26, 2011
Just worry about removing your peoples lips from white asses in Lagos.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by pleep(m): 2:28am On Jun 26, 2011
Wow Lmao. grin

Anyway I think hypocrites shouldn't complain about racism?
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ezeagu(m): 2:34am On Jun 26, 2011
pleep:

Wow Lmao. grin

Anyway I think hypocrites shouldn't complain about racism?

Can you see the post above with the amoeba? Why won't a German call him a monkey in his land, he already feels like it.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 3:40am On Jun 26, 2011
I pray some German calls me a monkey.I had pull of his huge nose and ram it up his pale looking ass cheesy cheesy
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 26, 2011
Why would they not abuse us when we do not respect ourselves?

WTF are they doing in our country in the first place?

We seem unwilling to stand up and demand accountability from our rulers, hence we should not complain when we find these things happening.

If we want this nonsense to stop, we must change our mindset / attitide in the following ways

1. Refuse to tolerate any type of corruption and ensure we have a government that is truly accountable

2. Refuse to tolerate any type of tribalism between our various tribal groups.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by oles: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2011
I am not surprised africans are stupid they hate themselves , africans are treated like shit oversees and africans worship the same people who hates them something is wrong.tom28 Most Germans hate every one who isn't german i meant pure German not only black people , my ex was a good German and he did said Germans are racist but i don't think all of them are.Yes Africans are stupid some of my white friends said they love Africa they were treated very good in Africa wow Africans are not treated the same way in the west , stupid Africans i am multiracial and part nigerian .
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:51am On Jul 23, 2011
stfu. Bloody mutt
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by tpia5: 5:10am On Jul 23, 2011
who are these one to ten post users coming out of the woodwork all over the place.

so cowardly, jeez.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by pleep(m): 5:44am On Jul 23, 2011
It's a wonder the black community even accepts biracials grin
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2011
They accept everyone unfortunately.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by UpDates1(m): 8:49am On Jul 25, 2011
shocked shocked
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by agitator: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2011
u need to work in companies with foreigners and hate yourself for being black. what the whiteman will get without signing for you won't get even if you swear affidavit provided blackman is directly in charge.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by eckman: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
this is not true
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Finecat(m): 11:06am On Jul 26, 2011
I get far more respect working in America than these Nigerian guys get on our own fatherland. I have experienced racism in America but not a blatant one like this one. If i work in Nigeria and any of these foreigners treat me like trash because i work for them, i will make sure that they airlift him back to his Country for medical attention. It is time we start making these pigs respect us. If you show one of them pepper, the other ones won't repeat the same thing. Bastards!
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Zhedoga: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2011
ed no go try dat wit me
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by cejo(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2011
These germans deal so badly wit females working wit them especially in their locations off-town like Escravos in Delta state, they quartered d femalesBlacks) in their own accomodation called JBN village while the guys(black) leaves far frm dat area where other workers working in EGTL project resides.They bleep these girls without reserves and any who eventually get married they just post u outside escravos location or sack u.German r good @ showing u there true color they dont backstab u its direct action.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by OyiboPepe(m): 1:46am On Nov 15, 2011
Hello everyone,  I have carefully been reading all these posts for quite a while now and felt the need of dropping a note. For obvious reasons, I couldn't post my name, but carefully picked one that perfectly describes my race,

Europe-born and Nigerian-bred, I only have good memories of Nigeria. With several friends from Nigeria, with large gaps as far as financial background is concerned, Nigeria is a country I feel and have been encouraged to feel as my own, with only my color being there to blow my cover. My family was well off to begin with and business simply shifted us to Nigeria. After all, my parents were actually born in Africa but that would be a different story.

Arriving to Lagos at the age of 1 and having to leave to continue my studies, I have been visiting every year despite my work obligations,  My first memories must have been at the age of 2 or 2,5. The people that have worked with my family have been with us from day 1 and are still with us now after 25+ years. We consider ourselves to be a large family and have learned to treat each other with respect. At no point was there any disrespect or racial discrimination. At the end of the day, it is a job and if any party chooses to shift course, it is perfectly fine. Growing up, I wouldn't consider the people to be racist towards whites as someone posted but on the contrary, the smiles that one encounters in Nigeria are unparalleled to any other country. On the other hand, I have encountered very few and by few I mean 3-4 acts of racism towards locals from expatriates and surprisingly enough, they were all in the 90's and only involved light verbal attacks. The locals in all cases handled it with dignity and self respect!

What bothered me the most while reading these posts is the climate that has been cultivated for no particular reason, the hatred that has been created towards expatriates in general, and lastly, the way some of the people posting have turned against each other by insulting one another by losing focus of the discussion.

Trying to respond to particul posts I wil try to expand my thoughts in no particular order. The majority of expatriates in Nigeria in my opinion are highly trained and experienced executives. The companies employing them would not pay them the sums you imagine if they weren't productive, so the thought of paid vacation is inaccurate. Doing business in Nigeria is not easy and requires a very particular skill set in order to succeed. Surely there are also less skilled executives, who simply do not last in the country. Those that do though, would be equally successful and respected wherever they would be. Whether Nigeria or any other country, including their own,  Expatriates are not there to exploit the country and enslave the people. Enslave would be such an inaccurate term which was so oftenly used in all the posts. Expatriates are lucky enough to have skilled Nigerians as colleagues where they get to share their knowledge and exchange cultural traits,  So claims of victimizing Nigerians is not so appropriate in my opinion. I know several wealthy Nigerians many of which are honest businessmen.

Someone mentioned something about a car's mirror brought down by police because a white man was passing with their car,  A lot of the posters went on a frenzy about property being damaged in order for the white man to go through traffic faster. What if I was to say that my family's Land Cruiser was dented 3 times because the police smashed the trunk or hood with a bat whenever a governor, head of state, etc. wanted to go through traffic,  Aren't I white? Isn't my property damaged? What I am trying to say is that these things work both ways. We shouldn't lose focus on isolated incidents. What we need to concentrate on is the issue and how it can be overcome.

Obviously, things are changing fast in Nigeria. Some towards better and others towards worse. This is how change comes though,  I believe that we can start to see the impact of better education in the youth. With education, comes self respect, and with self respect, the inferiority complex someone posted earlier will slowly subside. After all, one can only make the other feel bad if one side allows it. There is no need for cruelty or hate crimes like another poster mentioned.  What would that lead to? Have we not learned anything from history? And by we I mean humans.

As far as the letter from the German towards another countryman, I trully doubt the authenticity, but it is not my job to judge. It is just that I found the tone really funny for someone writing in 2011. It resembled a letter that someone would write in the 50s or 60s with ink on paper. Not something to write in an email, when there are phones, Skype, chat rooms, etc. in any case, I was just thinking out loud. As for the LovePeddlers mentioned in another post, I will refrain from elaborating on that. All I will say is that it is the 1st profession practiced on earth and no matter which country one goes to, they all act the same way. When you come to Europe you shall see white women chasing African men. What can we do?

Concluding, I believe Nigeria and the people have great potential as long as they remain united. Some companies are exploiting the country's resources and others aren't. Either way, I believe they create opportunities for the people by creating jobs, providing opportunities, and creating a legacy for the next generations. At the end of the day no matter where a company is based, whether Nigeria or France, no matter where we work, we all do it to make money and that's just how it goes. If we can do some good along the way, even better.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I meant no harm and do not mean to provoke anyone,  Just speaking my mind. See you brothers,
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by OyiboPepe(m): 1:49am On Nov 15, 2011
-Accidental Post-
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Princessjo: 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
pls, i need help, i need to find someone who works at Setraco Port harcourt, contact me if u do. I am not looking for a job, just have some questions on how the company runs stuff.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by richs(m): 7:25am On Mar 19, 2013
$tunna:

hmmm, im not sure weather to be surprised or not! so, niaja people r still serving white people 1st in restaurants??
as a young man i remeber they never used to line up, they just walk to the front of the lines n be served b4 everyone!! sad sad sad

i see the way naija police treat fellow naija people and how the rich wallow in shameless luxury with stole wealth to the detriment of our people, so in the light of this brutality from everywhere in society, its obvious that its more of a systemic problem!

where i live, if a white man or woman looks @ me the wrong wey, he or she could wind up in court or worse things could happen,

my problem with naija is that the people hav stubbornly refuse to give birth to a new way of seeing, doing and being, a way that will give rise to a great tomorrow, instead while the rest of the world is marching towards one direction, nigeria is heading on the opposite direction where we equate consumtion with greatness! people acquire education in other places to be able to create great things but we only tend to do so to improve our capacity to consume!

do u know the contempt that the German guy feels for u nigerians when on his way to work he sees Mercedes benz made by his people, driven untill it is no longer legal to drive n then discarded, but here in naija, the people who drive those same discarded benz r worshipped by the people
when he drives on ur roads he feels disgust but then he lives in ur land and hates himself for that so he comes up with ways to physically separate himself from yall so he does not feel so bad about himself for living in the midst of such backwards people!

thats the problem, seen. he try to tell himself , hey u r only here for the very good pay, but he also knows that he is a loser by association hence his dilemma! in germany, if a black man does that, one skin-head will shot him at point black n take the fall just to send a msg that germany is for germans, period.

meh
you are talking,i like that the world feel nothing but contempt for nigerians

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can I Tell My Boss To Stop Spamming My Phone? / Should I Stop Work And Do A Masters Programme? / After Your Msc Abroad: Stay Or Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.