Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

"Why Should We Hire You?" - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "Why Should We Hire You?" (19323 Views)

Post What You Do On This Thread, Someone May Hire You. / Job Interview: Is This The Best Response To "Why Should We Hire You"? / Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by heniford2: 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
grin cheesy savage reply here
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by GREATESTPIANIST: 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
omoolokunEsin:
Because with me around you'll not have to think whether or not your money is safe, although I may be tempted whenever I have pressing bills to pay. And as a trained sleuth you'll have all the gossip about you firsthand.
lol, 419
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by CriticMaestro: 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2022
More like, why should i work for you
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Sheriman(m): 1:17pm On Jan 23, 2022
On top 30K of 9 to 5 every day
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Volksguys1985: 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2022
Because na only me fit do your job.
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Uchexxy(m): 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2022
Mercychen:
Lol this reminds me of a white girls response to this question some years back.

Interviewers : why do you think we should hire you?

White girl: what a dumb question. Of course, You should hire me cos I need the goddamn money to pay my bills. I got bills to pay.

I need to change my wardrobe as you can see. I need the money to live a good life!
grin Yeye girl.

Man! This has got to be d funniest thing I'll read today, not sure anything else is gonna take its place.
���

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Richdee1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2022
post=109618582:
Because we sabi......

You wan still type trash
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by uzoma213(m): 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
If them ask me I go ask them my own.
Why should I take this job? Abi na only them Sabi ask question?

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Slynation(m): 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
WibusJaga:
cheesy

Simple but very technical question.
Meantime... grin
grin grin grin
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Richdee1:

You wan still type trash
If dem MANNA no type, you don't have any contributions to an intelligent topic,
This obsession for dem MANNA no be small tin o..better get busy with life

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by judedwriter(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
Because I love your high paying salary grin

Lol....

But seriously, not everyone can get a job. Not everyone is destined to be an employee.

Seek out your passions and start on your own.
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by chymeze: 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
Company: why should we hire you?
Me: because you're hiring
Company: you're hired!
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Originalsly: 1:30pm On Jan 23, 2022
I don't agree that one should restate the problem to the interviewer to show that you understand. He expects you to understand .... so why waste his time? That may work against you as in he thinking ..."hmmm... if I hire this guy and tell him what to do he will be repeating it back to me.... I wouldn't have time for that... time is money."

I believe one should have a clear understanding of the job requirements .....highlight all your qualifications and experiences that are related to the job ... tell of your history of reliability and punctuality and close by asking for the opportunity to prove what you just said and assure him you will be an asset to the company.
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by nickyj19: 1:30pm On Jan 23, 2022
Q:Why should we hire you?
A: I can do the work and deliver exceptional results to the company, I will fit in beautifully and be a great addition to the team. i possess a combination of skills and experience that make you stand out. Hiring me will make ur company smart and make life easier

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by clericuzzio(m): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
Jaycobbs:
You begin by restating their problems back to them to show them that you understand it properly.

Because, let’s face it: human beings are selfish at heart, and we are only interested in how we can benefit.

Your potential clients/employers are doubly so because they would be paying for you out of their own pocket, so they want to be sure it’s ultimately in their best interests to do so.

So, restate the original problem as stated in the job description.

I know you have this problem, and because I have skill set A, B, and C, and I have been working in this niche for a while now so I’m quite proficient at what I do

You might be paying me X amount of money, but hiring me would save you Y amount of money from working with amateurs, or lazy people.

You might be paying me X amount of money, but hiring me would earn you Z amount of money.

You can track me over the next ninety days and I'll prove to you why I'm the best hiring decision you have made.

Make a list of your achievements and accolades if you have them. Highlight the education and training you have taken (even if your best education was a free course on Udemy).

When talking about your skill set, make sure you discuss your relevant hard and soft skills in detail.

Cheers and good luck applying!

© Written by author, John Alabi

Employer: Why Should We hire you?

Me: Cause you advertised a vacancy and I applied for it..It shows there's available position in your form. And I'm here to fill it. Thanks
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Kingnelson9: 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
I like the use of X and Y in this article
Weldon
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Scandium: 1:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
PS: Please who have a job for me in Ibadan!
Please help out. Contact in my signature
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Reeses: 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
Jaycobbs:
You begin by restating their problems back to them to show them that you understand it properly.

Because, let’s face it: human beings are selfish at heart, and we are only interested in how we can benefit.

Your potential clients/employers are doubly so because they would be paying for you out of their own pocket, so they want to be sure it’s ultimately in their best interests to do so.

I know you have this problem, and because I have skill set A, B, and C, and I have been working in this niche for a while now so I’m quite proficient at what I do

You might be paying me X amount of money, but hiring me would save you Y amount of money from working with amateurs, or lazy people.

You might be paying me X amount of money, but hiring me would earn you Z amount of money.

You can track me over the next ninety days and I'll prove to you why I'm the best hiring decision you have made.

Make a list of your achievements and accolades if you have them. Highlight the education and training you have taken (even if your best education was a free course on Udemy).

When talking about your skill set, make sure you discuss your relevant hard and soft skills in detail.

Chief,thanks much.
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Sam0(m): 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
Jaycobbs:

Hiring people definitely requires a different set of skiills than applying for jobs. Anyone can master both.

True, job interviews are not the perfect tools to judge competence, but selling is a skill everyone must learn—how to sell yourself, how to sell your products and services.

You have clients and customers. If you'd failed to convince them you can deliver a job, they wouldn't patronise you.

Allasame, you can always channel your distaste for interviewing to teaching people how to do it right.
You r right though., But not everyone is a good orator. Awolowo was not a good orator but he does well in governance. I think is better to focus on what someone can do and not the other way round.
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Originalsly: 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
nickyj19:

Q:Why should we hire you?

A: I can do the work and deliver exceptional
results to the company, I will fit in beautifully and be a great
addition to the team. i possess a combination of skills and
experience that make you stand out.
Hiring me will make your company smart and
make life easier

Great response!... but the bold.... somehow I read it as ehmmm... "look at you who is interviewer for the company.... you not smart again... the company doesn't look smart... but if I am hired......."

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Jaycobbs(m): 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
Originalsly:
I don't agree that one should restate the problem to the interviewer to show that you understand. He expects you to understand .... so why waste his time? That may work against you as in he thinking ..."hmmm... if I hire this guy and tell him what to do he will be repeating it back to me.... I wouldn't have time for that... time is money."

I believe one should have a clear understanding of the job requirements .....highlight all your qualifications and experiences that are related to the job ... tell of your history of reliability and punctuality and close by asking for the opportunity to prove what you just said and assure him you will be an asset to the company.

Oh, maybe that wasn't too clear. But, one of the quickest way to make a connection with someone is to give them an answer in words they use or are familiar with.

If the job description goes, "I need an editor who's punctual, thorough, and saves me time," You can reply by saying, "I pay close attention to detail, I don't miss deadlines, and deliver my results without external supervision."

When highlighting your strengths, you should use the same or similar words that was used in the job description.

Yes, this shows understanding, but more importantly, it helps you connect better with your interviewer.

Hope this makes sense.

4 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by 1F30M4(f): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2022
because I dey humble and I go dey very loyal. Country hard, boss aswear e choke
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Prechgold1180(m): 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2022
Jaycobbs:

If you can’t hire me, can you do the job yourself?

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Prechgold1180(m): 1:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
Jaycobbs:

If you can’t hire me ,
Can you the the job yourself
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by hayoholla(m): 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2022
Well, you need someone to fill in this post.
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by phill63(m): 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
Those who seldomly do well are those that will always deliver on the job if they're hired. Experience thought me this

Hiring people is like picking apples. You pick the good and bad ones and put them all on the job then keep an eye. Between two weeks and two months you should be able to tell who you need and who you don't. Been there done that, and it worked perfectly well.

People can master interviews like exams and give you exactly what you want to hear. But the real assessment is on the job.

5 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by phemmyfour: 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ultimate36:
After someone don pass exam, they will till do another interview for you. They are sha looking for something to send you away. Awon werey employers
After passing the interview they will now ask you about who you know in the organization....awọn werey
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by jimtemi1: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
Last time I hear this word,was 2010..GOD gave me small money, I just start business right away.. Disturbing my self ontop money wey no reach 100k
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by EgunMogaji2: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
I always hire the candidates that will fit in the most with my existing staff and can hit the ground running the soonest.

So if you don’t have the degree and all the experiences but have a nice personality and have demonstrated an ability to quickly grasp stuff. You’re in with me.

4 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by ogawisdom(m): 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bc I need the job to pay bills grin

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by phemmyfour: 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2022
phill63:
Those who seldomly do well are those that will always deliver on the job if they're hired. Experience thought me this

Hiring people is like picking apples. You pick the good and bad ones and put them all on the job then keep an eye. Between two weeks and two months you should be able to tell who you need and who you don't. Been there done that, and it worked perfectly well.

People can master interviews like exams and give you exactly what you want to hear. But the real assessment is on the job.

So you will sack those you employed within 2 months
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Originalsly: 1:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
Jaycobbs:

Hope this makes sense.

It does! I'm a critical thinker.... not for the sake of criticizing but to make better. So while reading and you said one should use the same words in the requirements I immediately thought your vocabulary would appear limited .. especially for the example you gave. But then you never did use the same words.... but tailored your reply to fit exactly what was asked of you.... without using any of the words in the requirements! That's an excellent example! .....except.... me as the interviewer.... don't know if you will he punctual!..... I know it's an oversight!... this was about me getting the big picture... which I did!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Set To Employ 300,000 Graduates For 2nd Phase Of N-power Scheme / BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons / In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.