Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) (29048 Views)

APC Governors Visit VP Osinbajo (Pictures) / Tinubu Cannot Defeat Atiku - Arewa Twitter / Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by MartinsD12(m): 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
KINGofHELL:
I think Osinbajo is the most loved southerner in the North.
What a joke , if the VP is that good why is their administration a total failure, both the VP and buhari apc government are a total failure and should be rejected by any sensible human being
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
TimeTraveller:

The north voted Abiola over Tofa. The north also voted OBJ.

the north did not vote for them,they rigged. if you knw you knw. North is the heart of politics in Nigeria,if you win the north,you win the election

Tinubu understand that,thats why he is busy going state by state in the north seeking their support
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Lightorder: 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hisbah21:
funny enough. This people are the average northerners which are few.. the north will never vote for a christain candidate talkless a southern christain. i'm not talking about religion here.. the political sentiment is to vote a muslim candidate from their region,that's what they are taught and preached to them..
just as they didn’t vote for GEJ in his first tenure
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
[quote author=Uyi168 post=109626184].
So, how did obj get their votes in his two terms? [/quot

it was just rigging,vote buying,irregularities... they will never vote for Obj against Buhari..if you know u know
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by AntonVince: 5:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
blkmum700:

The election results for 1999 is still very much online ,OBJ won know state in the Southwest against Chief Olu Falae but he clears the North.

1999 featured two Southerners in OBJ and Falae.
We're talking about elections where we had a northerner on the ballot, running against a Southerner.

Go study the results of 2003 and 2011 elections. I omitted 2007 because it was Yar'Adua vs Buhari.
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by fredoooooo: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2022
Good .. everyone shoukd vote their candidate..
Election isn't on Twitter sha ...
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lightorder:
just as they didn’t vote for GEJ in his first tenure

do you think a northern will vote jonathan over buhari? haba think..its just rigging
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Lightorder: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
Aufbauh:
The attributes of loyalty, trust & reliability Prof. Osinbajo has shown so far as a VP has endeared him to most of Mr. President supporters.

He has also shown capacity and competence in key areas he was assigned. He's eminently most qualified by age, academic, and socioreligious considerations.
He is a good man but just good heart will not fix this country. We should be tired of PUSHAROUNDS. He can be easily manipulated or pushed around. Nigeria need a resolute ,combative and good hearted leader with huge implementable vision
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by na2016: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
austinvsb:
I like osinbajo but I feel the northern Muslim Bloc are pushing for osinbajo for fear of loosing access to power if Tinubu a Muslim expectedly picks a Christian VP from the north.

Tinubu has his pitfalls, don't we all, but at some point the religious (and ethnic?) minorities have to be given a chance especially with so many ISAAC/Bokoharam Apologists in power

You have a point here that I have never considered but Tinubu is a no-no for that country
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by ORIAYO70(m): 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hisbah21:
funny enough. This people are the average northerners which are few.. the north will never vote for a christain candidate talkless a southern christain. i'm not talking about religion here.. the political sentiment is to vote a muslim candidate from their region,that's what they are taught and preached to them..

Don't speak for them
They voted Jonathan which is xtian... It depends on the negotiation
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
ORIAYO70:

Don't speak for them
They voted Jonathan which is xtian... It depends on the negotiation

do u think the north will vote Jonathan over Buhari? in that period where bombings and boko haram crises. Haba guy think..Jonathan rigged the election
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by OmegaAutos: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hisbah21:

How come they voted GEJ in 2011?
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
OmegaAutos:

How come they voted GEJ in 2011?

how comes Jonathan rigged the election,do u expect a northern to vote jonathan over buhari? think...

look at how they celebrated Buhari victory,many lost their lives. Buhari is like a saint in the north before now...you dare not speak bad about him

1 Like

Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Bimpe29: 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
For the combination, it appears good but the candidature of star boy is still uncertain at the moment.
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Osibanjo Zulum for me. Mad combo
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Geeman2006: 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lionnation:
north know that Buhari is a failure but yet they follow him, ask me why, because he chose to deal with christains and southerners mercilessly

How did he choose to deal with Christians & southerners?
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Bigfish121(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
Na Osinbajo we know.
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by OmegaAutos: 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hisbah21:

how comes Jonathan rigged the election,do u expect a northern to vote jonathan over buhari? think...

look at how they celebrated Buhari victory,many lost their lives. Buhari is like a saint in the north before now...you dare not speak bad about him

You are speaking from distance. I lived in the north those period and was part of the corpers that conducted elections in 2011, Tinubu's machinery brought in Buhari 2015 and we all knew what happend in 2019. A packaged imaged was sold to the abokis is 2015, they got wiser in 2019 and now they eyes have opened to know whatsup. There are things that shouldnt be mentioned here
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Decryptor(m): 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2022
gowaga68:
What then are you insinuating?

Or kuku tell us not to vote at all.

I am not insinuating anything o.
I am just 1 out of over 200m Nigerians.

I am only saying what I see happening if a Osibanjo/El-Rufai ticket comes to fruition just like I saw what is happening today way back in 2015.

Do what makes you happy as a Nigerian.
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by AntonVince: 6:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
blkmum700:

northern Nigeria voted OBJ massively in 1999 and 2003 .

Stop spreading falsehood young man.
In 1999, we had Olu Falae vs OBJ so the north had no choice but to pick one Southerner.

In 2003, Buhari pummeled OBJ in all the Muslim-dominated core NE and NW states, same thing happened in 2011 vs GEJ.
Use the below link to educate yourself.

https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-2003.html

2007 isn't worth discussing because it was Yar'Adua vs Buhari, two northerners.
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
OmegaAutos:

You are speaking from distance. I lived in the north those period and was part of the corpers that conducted elections in 2011, Tinubu's machinery brought in Buhari 2015 and we all knew what happend in 2019. A packaged imaged was sold to the abokis is 2015, they got wiser in 2019 and now they eyes have opened to know whatsup. There are things that shouldnt be mentioned here

as a corper.look man the northerners doesnot support yaradua again buhari... talkless of a christain from south.. there is a popular sound that period " da Umaru Musa gara kare,karen ma yace sai masara ( a dog is better than umaru musa Yar'adua,and even the dog prefer maize that is Anpp)

the north did vote for any southern christain,they rigged it and u knw that since u take part during the election
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by shinealight(m): 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hisbah21:

So, how did Obasanjo do it in 1999 and 2003 then…..surely some Northerners must have voted for him? Or was it all mago mago??
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
shinealight:

So, how did Obasanjo do it in 1999 and 2003 then…..surely some Northerners must have voted for him? Or was it all mago mago??

guy the fact is that they rigged the election,and wait and see in 2023_ they will go and vote for muslim candidate no matter who he's
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Uyi168: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
[quote author=Hisbah21 post=109626298][/quote]..
your excuse is too watery
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Salvador1: 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ttalk:
Osinbajo or Tinubu, anyone of them would do better than the current president
clean your mouth

Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by blkmum700: 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
AntonVince:

1999 featured two Southerners in OBJ and Falae.
We're talking about elections where we had a northerner on the ballot, running against a Southerner.

Go study the results of 2003 and 2011 elections. I omitted 2007 because it was Yar'Adua vs Buhari.

talking about 2003 and 2011 ,do you expect the North to vote OBJ ,I hope not and Am sure you don’t expect the South to vote Buhari , if we are looking at the election results in 2003 and 2011 OBJ has more vote in the North than what Buhari got in the South, so your first statement should be directed to the South instead.
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by EJEHSON(m): 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
My friend, these states you mentioned, Muslims are not up to 20 percent. I'm in Benue and 99 percent of the population are Christian.
Friend22:

I like people like you who always bring religious sentiments into clear issues even if it gives us more ground to support Muslims anywhere anyhow.

If you like to play the religious card,be our guess..

Have you asked your dull self if any Muslim has ruled any southern state since our return to democracy.

In fact,from available record: no Muslim has been a deputy governor in the whole of south south(I am talking about Niger delta region)yet you want the north who are majority Muslims to give tickets to non Muslims?

Guy, how you take dey reason?

I ask again:Why are you guys being such bigoted nimbys?
Yet,you what to keep playing that religious card.

But we know Christians have ruled northern and mid-beltan states.
From Patrick Yakowa,to Ortom to the guy in Jos .

I don't know what's this noise maker trying to prove?! undecided
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by Bamzyriches451: 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
Damn!!
That mare commissioner can't win
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by blkmum700: 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
AntonVince:

Stop spreading falsehood young man.
In 1999, we had Olu Falae vs OBJ so the north had no choice but to pick one Southerner.

In 2003, Buhari pummeled OBJ in all the Muslim-dominated core NE and NW states, same thing happened in 2011 vs GEJ.
Use the below link to educate yourself.

https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-2003.html

2007 isn't worth discussing because it was Yar'Adua vs Buhari, two northerners.

Before you accused the north of religion sentiment can you provide us with what Buhari got in the south, this is hypocrisy ,your accusation should also be directed to the South for Voting OBJ.

It’s really funny to see some people accusing the North of religion sentiments in 2003 and 2011 while they also voted along the same line.
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by onatisi(m): 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
if i were to choose between osinbajo and tnubu , despite the fact that i dont like either of them , i will rather vote for osinbajo ten thousand times .
The main reason is that although he hasnt functioned too much in this government but the two times he was given the acting presidential seat and authority , he really took some decisions which went against the cabal and the northern political elites , which means he is a man that has a mind of his own and that can take decisions

Tinubu on the other hand for the last seven years has not shown any steel or courage to face the northern elites , he has even gone against the cries of the masses and even hos own yoruba people most of the time just to pacify and ass lick the northern power class ,
KINGofHELL:
I think Osinbajo is the most loved southerner in the North.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by AntonVince: 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
blkmum700:

talking about 2003 and 2011 ,do you expect the North to vote OBJ ,I hope not and Am sure you don’t expect the South to vote Buhari , if we are looking at the election results in 2003 and 2011 OBJ has more vote in the North than what Buhari got in the South, so your first statement should be directed to the South instead.

Why shift the goalpost? Is that the crux of the issue?
I have no interest in engaging someone who is either ignorant or deliberately spreading falsehood about our electoral history.

I have corrected your mis-information. That's all.
Re: 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) by PROPEACE: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2022
FoolaniHellman:
El Rufia is a Snake, I'll go with Zulum!
I do not understand how after everything that happened Nigerian youth will say they are contemplating voting Elrufai for anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bashir El-Rufai Says He Will Never Tweet Again If Tinubu Does Not Win In 2023 / PDP Releases Statement On Alamieyeseigha Death / Photos Of Timaya Thrilling The Multitudes At PDP Presidential Campaign In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.