Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro (33093 Views)

Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard / Between Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus And Iphone Xs Max / Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Tzar(m): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2022
You better go for the Iphone. Nigerians create a fetish around some products. Iphone have excellent value retention and resale value. Although, I prefer the functionality and memory expansion possibilities of Samsungs, Iphones are always better value for money, especially if you want to gift it or sell it after months or years of use.

CodedWealth:
I am torn in between the both,

In terms of battery, durability and quality (if u know what I mean...

Now your advice should be more from experience, because most of this what will see advertised online isn't mostly reality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2022
neuf:

oga what are these features... you just dey make noise all over phone section...

Criticizing a phone you have never used or seen before.
You complain of the iPhone price but just a few key stroke would have informed you that the Samsung S21 Ultra cost more than the iPhone

smh..
Not true, brand new iPhone 13 pro is about 650k depending on the storage, galaxy 21ultra starts at 580k
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 24, 2022
yunqdady:

Ur top ugly to be approached by any man. Stop feeling yourself
Likewise you, too ugly to be approached by sane women
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by id2019(m): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2022
franciskaine:
carry your wàhálà go. Buy any, they are both machines. Go for your favourite OS

BTW Nestle water and Eva water which is better? grin
Nestle
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Originalsly: 8:59am On Jan 24, 2022
Do you have the service to allow you to use any feature of the phones?... as in do you have 5G service? If not is like living in the middle of the north and deciding which yatch to buy .
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by TuFab(f): 9:00am On Jan 24, 2022
Singapore1:

i use both bro. iPhone 13 pro battery life is far better than S21 Ultra. The camera is also better at night, that is basically all.

S21 is by far better in every other aspect Daylight camera, speed, display, higher refresh rate etc

Both phones are a lot similar when it comes to day 2 day use honestly... but i'm tilting towards S21 Ultra cos i value power above battery life
What are you saying??
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Elsueno: 9:02am On Jan 24, 2022
CodedWealth:

Now your advice should be more from experience, because most of this what will see advertised online isn't mostly reality

The only thing awesome about Apple is thier airpods, which by the way u don't need an iPhone to use, it works with Android, Go for Samsung bros
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by depato88(m): 9:02am On Jan 24, 2022
I did advice youto go for samsung S21 ultra. Like the Op said on the first page, some weathy and rich people just like going for quality, last December 2021 in my very eyes a guy coughed out almost 1m for a new laptop, have forgotten the name, but its an Acer product. The price was $1300 dollars

4 Likes

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by onuman: 9:03am On Jan 24, 2022
CodedWealth:

Any reason why you choose the galaxy?

I have used both phones.

IPhone can fuurk up and disappoint any time;
it's only features that most people don't need or use that make IPhone expensive.

Samsung U battery lasts and lasts for a very long time.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Winters23: 9:07am On Jan 24, 2022
CodedWealth:

I have both. Both are machines
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by DoctorStylish: 9:10am On Jan 24, 2022
nitt:
If you are a phone enthusiast and love to experience functionality, unlimited customisation, great viewing experience & flexibility = S21 ultra

If you are not into wide range of functionality, don't care about customisation, rigid Os but seeking props for brand recogbition and a simple Os that does the basics excellently well = 13pro

Cameras = draw.

Video = Samsung.

Look = Samsung.

Battery = iPhone.

Optimization = iphone.

Show off (Naija way) = iPhone.

Versatility = Samsung.

So, it's up to you to decide based on what you do mostly with a smartphone.

They are two of the best devices in the market at the moment.

Goodluck

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 24, 2022
nairaman66:

This is laughable and really shows how the mentality of Nigerians really are. You tagged someone a yahoo boy or slay queen because he/she uses a certain type of phone! Africa, my Africa!

What context did you read my post from? Are u teenager? Of what use is an iphone to a serious business minded person?

Yahoo boys need iphone strictly becos it has features that makes their hustle easier, slay queens need iphones cos of camera, celebrities use iphones cos it's a global brand and they don't want to be caught using a phone they weren't paid to advertise for.......

I play e- sports and pubg on both my console and S21 ultra, unless i prefer to be crying while I'm playing wetin I wan use iphone do? Iphone wey get useless battery life, wey go dey hang, hang ur life join sef.... The gaming forum I'm in, if those boys find out say you dey use iphone(any iphone) play e- sports na insult go be ur last name, all I'm saying is if u have money and ur mind is well exposed and you don't see the need to feel among or fit in like everybody else, then u should go for an S21 ultra

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Vixenn(f): 9:12am On Jan 24, 2022
neuf:

sane ke?

if you're sane, you'd know what is for you and what isn't and shut up instead of saying what you don't know. Following the bandwagon to feel among.
Did Apple tell you they built the iPhone for you?
if you don't like it, then use what you like and be done with it instead of jumping from thread to thread talking crap.

The Samsung S21 Ultra will struggle to even sell close to the amount of units of the iPhone 13 mini (the worst selling iPhone on the 13 line up) and you're here calling it a junk.

Did you know, wait why am I even saying did you know when you don't know ish.
In the premium / flagship space, the iPhone is the undisputed leader and that's on a $3 trillion market cap.

You cannot enjoy iphone (in Nigeria) without having powerbank...
Average Nigerain prefers downloading/receiving music to buying
Both camera qualities are awesome, but samsung has 10x camera zoom_ (look this up online, my brothers did a camera test_ and boy Samsung killed it)
The processors are both fine
Did I mention samsung has long lasting battery(?)
You'll get frustrated after using iPhone for 4yrs_ not samsung (iPhone 6s cannot WhatsApp again, S3 still does)

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by l0uie(m): 9:14am On Jan 24, 2022
Dude, go for the Samsung. But if you can add a few thousands to the money for the 13, then you go for the pro max and not the pro version.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Basiljoe: 9:14am On Jan 24, 2022
CodedWealth:

It depends on what you do. Are you a programmer, creative, gamer, or casual user who is interested in exploring new things?

Galaxy s21 has the best camera zoom, is better if you're a programmer (open source andriod), gamer ( accurate ps2 emulation via aetherSX2),

While

Iphone 13pro is better suited for creatives (photographers & Co) thanks to apples wonderful ecosystem of apps and slightly better overall camera.
Iphone has great resale value and is in some ways considered luxurious (status symbol).

Both are good.

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Hassanmaye(m): 9:15am On Jan 24, 2022
Senomi:
Today's episode on things that never happened

But on a serious note you have no business with iphone 13 unless you're a slayqueen, runs girl, Yahoo boy, pastor or GAYbriel no serious person should have any business with iphone ( only yahoo boys are pardoned) if you want to experience something from another galaxy,you better pick S21 ultra
But why do Yahoo boys like like iPhone
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by EmmaLege: 9:15am On Jan 24, 2022
im an iPhone user to the core but s21 ultra 5G is A DEMONIC beast kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Hassanmaye(m): 9:16am On Jan 24, 2022
aminusodiq:
I've operated both... Took pictures wit s21 ultra and I tell you Samsung is a machine!!! The zoom is beyond amazing!!! I took this picture at night... Without flash and with the front camera

Picture 2 was a zoomed picture I took from almost 1km away
You mean Samsung is dope?
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 24, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Cos of ip address, if dem no dey use am even local police for don dey catch them since

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by DrayZee: 9:19am On Jan 24, 2022
Vixenn:

You cannot enjoy iphone (in Nigeria) without having powerbank...
Average Nigerain prefers downloading/receiving music to buying
Both camera qualities are awesome, but samsung has 10x camera zoom_ (look this up online, my brothers did a camera test_ and boy Samsung killed it)
The processors are both fine
Did I mention samsung has long lasting battery(?)
You'll get frustrated after using iPhone for 4yrs_ not samsung (iPhone 6s cannot WhatsApp again, S3 still does)
The last iPhone you used was probably an iPhone 6.
The iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max have much better batteries than any Samsung right now.
Batteries haven’t been a real problem on IPhones since the 11 series.

To the OP, you can’t go wrong with either phone. You’re not going to buy one and start thinking “I should’ve gotten the other”, unless you care about:
1. Resale: then go for the iPhone.
2. Nigerian “prestige”: then go for the iPhone.

Tbh, the 13 Pro is just the better option due to those extras.

12 Likes

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Vicotex(m): 9:19am On Jan 24, 2022
I no know why all these iPhone fan boys dey masturbate for this thread.
Well, let me state the facts
Build quality
It's S21 Ultra gangsta, this phone is highly rugged, no gimmicky boxed shape the iPhone uses that hurts the hands while gripping.

Content Consumption
Both phones are very good at browsing, watching movies, music gaming etc, but Samsung have the edeg here with it's QHD resolution and at high frame at that.

Battery
The current iPhone shines in battery department and they also charge faster , the s21 comes with a monstrous 5000mah battery capacity, although it drain up faster than the iPhone.

Software
Here it comes down to preference, the iPhone uses ios and the Samsung uses One UK baked ontop of android 11,( personally I don't like Samsung's One UK, I prefer Color OS from oppo or Oxygen OS from oneplus).

Costumizaton
There's no contest here, any android device can give an iPhone a run for its money when it comes to how much you can costumize your phone and how your phone behaves. Samsung takes this by far.

Camera
When it comes to photography, iPhone photos looks so pale, they look kinda washed out except in indoor or under some sunlight. While the Samsung gives you superb photos that are straight out of this galaxy. Those photos from Samsung looks so lively, better contrast ratio and great details.

Night photography, iPhone tends to brighten up the scene wherever there's a light source and it losses details and texture while the Samsung keeps everything intact with great details and better dynamic range, the only phone that can out match the S21 Ultra in photography is Vivo X70 Pro plus.

Videography is where iPhone really shines, Samsung is good at video but it doesn't match the the sheer quality of the iPhone video.
So it's a 1:1.
Although Samsung still have that intergalactic zoom option, you can zoom to damn moon for god sake

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 24, 2022
Basiljoe:

It depends on what you do. Are you a programmer, creative, gamer, or casual user who is interested in exploring new things?

Galaxy s21 has the best camera zoom, is better if you're a programmer (open source andriod), gamer ( accurate ps2 emulation via aetherSX2),

While

Iphone 13pro is better suited for creatives (photographers & Co) thanks to apples wonderful ecosystem of apps and slightly better overall camera.
Iphone has great resale value and is in some ways considered luxurious (status symbol).

Both are good.
When it comes to pubg or e-sports premium tears will be ur name if u use an iphone 13 instead of an S21 ultra

2 Likes

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by BLoomfrancs(m): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2022
Senomi:

And y would a sane person like me use an iphone, iphone is an overpriced junk deal with it undecided instead u go add money swap ur old iphone to another one, e no better make u swap am to samsung undecided

Jumbo.

Go siddon for one side. You no get yarns.
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Hassanmaye(m): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2022
Senomi:

Cos of ip address, if dem no dey use am even local police for don dey catch them since
Ok thank you very much, I learned something today, wow

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Vicotex(m): 9:22am On Jan 24, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Show up.
That strong ip is just an excuse.
You can do thesame with your android phone

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by uncleck: 9:23am On Jan 24, 2022
Buy the two
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by BLoomfrancs(m): 9:24am On Jan 24, 2022
[s]
Vicotex:
I no know why all these iPhone fan boys dey masturbate for this thread.
Well, let me state the facts
Build quality
It's S21 Ultra gangsta, this phone is highly rugged, no gimmicky boxed shape the iPhone uses that hurts the hands while gripping.

Content Consumption
Both phones are very good at browsing, watching movies, music gaming etc, but Samsung have the edeg here with it's QHD resolution and at high frame at that.

Battery
The current iPhone shines in battery department and they also charge faster , the s21 comes with a monstrous 5000mah battery capacity, although it drain up faster than the iPhone.

Software
Here it comes down to preference, the iPhone uses ios and the Samsung uses One UK baked ontop of android 11,( personally I don't like Samsung's One UK, I prefer Color OS from oppo or Oxygen OS from oneplus).

Costumizaton
There's no contest here, any android device can give an iPhone a run for its money when it comes to how much you can costumize your phone and how your phone behaves. Samsung takes this by far.

Camera
When it comes to photography, iPhone photos looks so pale, they look kinda washed out except in indoor or under some sunlight. While the Samsung gives you superb photos that are straight out of this galaxy. Those photos from Samsung looks so lively, better contrast ratio and great details.

Night photography, iPhone tends to brighten up the scene wherever there's a light source and it losses details and texture while the Samsung keeps everything intact with great details and better dynamic range, the only phone that can out match the S21 Ultra in photography is Vivo X70 Pro plus.

Videography is where iPhone really shines, Samsung is good at video but it doesn't match the the sheer quality of the iPhone video.
So it's a 1:1.
Although Samsung still have that intergalactic zoom option, you can zoom to damn moon for god sake
[/s]

Thrash. Scamsung fanboy

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Hassanmaye(m): 9:24am On Jan 24, 2022
eniteden:
If u are a real Business man go for ultra but if u are in for a show off go for Iphone 13. Its just for show off nothing special about it. Ultra is very flexible to use for business men.
Lol This is the bitter truth, iPhone is just for show up nothing, even my friend use iPhone 12 but Na the android he used more, only in wedding you will see him with iPhone

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Vicotex(m): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2022
[s]
BLoomfrancs:

Thrash. Scamsung fanboy
[/s]
Haters gonna hate, deal with it.
By the way, I'm a oneplus user

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 24, 2022
BLoomfrancs:

Jumbo.

Go siddon for one side. You no get yarns.
Keep quiet.
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Hassanmaye(m): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2022
TuFab:
The only advantage of an iPhone is the fact that it has a second hand value compared to Samsung.
Apart from that, Samsung is waaay better.
Spare parts
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by CodedWealth(m): 9:26am On Jan 24, 2022
Originalsly:
Do you have the service to allow you to use any feature of the phones?... as in do you have 5G service? If not is like living in the middle of the north and deciding which yatch to buy .

Expand on this please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Deactivate Airtel Unlimited Whatsapp / MTN New Tariff / "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.