Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro (33096 Views)

Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard / Between Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus And Iphone Xs Max / Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Meister(m): 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2022
neuf:

who did??

You're literally using it as a yardstick to say Iphones are better
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by eniteden(m): 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
BLoomfrancs:

No dey yarn dust. If you don't know the functionalities of an iphone, you shut up.

Oga funcionality tell me what i dont know? Since u dey the league of youth without brains.
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by eniteden(m): 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Lol This is the bitter truth, iPhone is just for show up nothing, even my friend use iPhone 12 but Na the android he used more, only in wedding you will see him with iPhone

Thank you my brother wey get good eyes, you are a great man in the making. See truth and say it. My android don work money wey i take buy am x6 since i buy am. My Iphone just dey useless until i snap babe grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by ridbell01(m): 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
I'm currently using Samsung s9 plus, I sold my iPhone 8plus but I can categorically test you that the Samsung s9 plus is far better. Maybe one day when am buoyant to that level of iPhone 13pro and Samsung ultra, I will able to give advice
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=Senomi post=109653419][/quote]

iPhone over and over again
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by porthouse7(f): 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
BLoomfrancs:

LG is your local champion give am the award as the best phone and leave Iphone alone. No be by force to use Iphone.
just make sure u buy power bank join ur useless iphone
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by porthouse7(f): 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
eniteden:

Oga funcionality tell me what i dont know? Since u dey the league of youth without brains.
same thing av bin draging since, iphone is useless na only name e carry... poor ba3 life power bank carrying mofos
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by kannex: 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
Badadvisor:

Your mama no get sense.
7 plus and 8 plus series no be 8 or 7.
That's the reason the plus was released incase you want something with better battery life.
No tecno or imfinix lasts longer than a regular iPhone 7 plus or 8 plus.
Same thing with the x and xr series. If you want better battery life go for the xr series both share almost same price range .
Once again your mama and papa dey useless for giving birth to a mannerless goat like you.

My brother sense is far from your family member inshort your mama and your papa combine no get sense. Ipone x and xr xs max dont have a battery life. If U dey talk about uselessness na your mama and papa them useless inshort if i were your father i should have mastubated you and put you in a bottle and burnt it but unfortunately the useless father decided to Bleep and insert the sperm in your useless mother pussy and gave birth to a useless man like you.
I tell u say u no get sense instead of you to reply me back you decided to drag my family into it

2 Likes

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by BLoomfrancs(m): 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
porthouse7:
just make sure u buy power bank join ur useless iphone

grin grin cheesy grin

Always quick to believe hearsay. Who told you that garbage. I am using the plus version, so, battery is not a problem. Android fanboys taking panadol over another man's headache.
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by BLoomfrancs(m): 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
eniteden:

Dumbass mofo. Why shd I tell you abt what an iphone can do when you do not have one.
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by PricelessGem1: 6:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
Eva water does not come close to Nestle water. Nestle water is incomparably the best brand. [Aquote author=franciskaine post=109618690]carry your wàhálà go. Buy any, they are both machines. Go for your favourite OS

BTW Nestle water and Eva water which is better? grin[/quote]
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by neuf(m): 6:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
Meister:

You're literally using it as a yardstick to say Iphones are better

you should read to understand cause clearly you have no idea what you talking about.

A) I never compared any IPhone Pro with a vanilla Galaxy. I said those are the two phones I have
B) nowhere on this thread did I implied iPhones are better. If you have read do understand you'd have seen I only defended a smart piece of technology that gets so much hate from people that don't use it but just look to run propaganda against it.
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by chijiokecosmos: 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
Senomi:

Go and carry out a research, all this one wey u dey talk no hold water, if to say you be my neighbor I for borrow u my samsung S21 for one day make u understand wetin I dey talk about, bros no quote me again o, nigeria don stab me allow me make I cry in peace
Shut up there! You know nothing.
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
chijiokecosmos:
Shut up there! You know nothing.
Oya sorry, rest
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by emmyN(m): 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
Many Nigerians like to talk down on the quality of Apple products owing to their premium price. I wish they had something concrete to talk about, but it's usually just bandwagon.

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2022
Dreytonisback:

They're not same
Cascade is the best of them all
na choice
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2022
DONFASZY:
iPhone ve good reselling or swap value
pass samsung?
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by porthouse7(f): 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
BLoomfrancs:

grin grin cheesy grin

Always quick to believe hearsay. Who told you that garbage. I am using the plus version, so, battery is not a problem. Android fanboys taking panadol over another man's headache.
hearsay? for 90% of iphone users i nigeria power bank is a must accessory

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by siddique07: 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Galaxy ko, Silverbird ni, Alaye go'an Turaya kilokanmi angry
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by unmask: 1:11am On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

A) The hype is in your head. Other than that it doesn't exist anywhere in the world
B) You operated it like an android thus missing out of the whole experience. You don't operate a cruise ship like a cargo ship.
C) The phone was not meant for everybody. The company has said so even to the point that they are tired of saying it. If you don't like how the choose to operate, then go to the competition. It's still a smartphone that will make your life easier
I am sure you read where I said I won't use it, so your third point was needless and no an iPhone can't make my life easier.

What the hell does operate it like an android mean? All touch based smartphones are swipes and clicks.

Maybe you should look up the meaning of hype. Just to help you.....demand drives prices

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by unmask: 1:12am On Jan 25, 2022
emmyN:
Many Nigerians like to talk down on the quality of Apple products owing to their premium price. I wish they had something concrete to talk about, but it's usually just bandwagon.
Nothing premium about the price anymore.....All flagships are at the same price point now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by brainycaleb(m): 1:17am On Jan 25, 2022
I wonder why we Nigerians trade insults at the Slightest...

My opinion from experience is to chose a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra over the iPhone 13pro max. And here are my reasons

1. Battery life.
Samsung devices running on One UI skin offer better battery life compared to the older Grace UI/UX found on the s7 to s8 and Touchwiz Skin found on the very first galaxy S till S6+ and this is due to optimisation. The iPhone on the other hand has seen improvements over the years and yes, they are better now. Both phones have been optimised to conserve battery.

2. Processors and GPUs
The iPhone has the fastest processor and GPU(if im not mistaken on the latter) on a phone right now but is bottlenecked by the OS, its a nightmare for game developers and all that stuffs where its supposed to be needed! Such power should serve its needs but... High end games are better optimised for Snapdragon chipsets and this is where the iPhone fails to win.
Both devices can still function as midrange phones in 7 to 10 years time due to their sheer power.

3. Updates
It's true that Samsung offer 5 years updates for the S series and 4 years updates for the A series then 3 for other series while the iPhone offers 6 years of seamless updates for every generation of iPhone but... This is where Android wins! After 6 years, your iPhone is obsolete and in 8 years, it is archaic! Android on the other hand hardly dies! Take the Galaxy S2 for example, last I checked, it was launched in 2011 with android 2.3 gingerbread and that's a whooping 11 years ago and 28 of december 2020, someone made an Android 12 custom Rom for it, even though it hanged during operation and all that but it breathed new life even after 10 years and believe me, it tasted every version of android until 12(https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-12-0-0-r18-i9100-lineageos-19-0-alpha.4380641/) . Once a phone maker stops supporting an android device, due to its opensource nature, communities like XDA has enthusiasts who are willing to build third party Roms and give updates to an abandoned phone. IPhone on the other hand don't run custom Roms.

4. I used an iPhone and to be honest, there was a time when the iPhone couldn't copy and paste and that was during its early days and I was a Symbian fan boy... I've come a long way and I appreciate Apple and their iPhones because they make good hardwares, ranging from camera to processor and all that designs. Only hardware phone engineers can really do understand what I'm saying, the aesthetics of the disassembled iPhone and her tiny parts and screws... Premium like an expensive mechanical wristwatch but closed source OS.
The Samsung android on the other hand finds a new beastly feature for every iteration yearly and I must confess, the Galaxy S21 Ultra is the best yet from them and I believe they aren't done!

I will chose the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra over an IPhone 13, and that is my choice, I'm an android power user, a mobile gamer and the promise of customization(this isn't about theming and wallpaper but Custom Roms)

I currently use a higher midrange device from samsung(Galaxy A71F International version) and being a contented user, I plan to use this device for the next five years or more and its going to be not because I cannot afford a newer device or so but because I've survived phone wars and manufacturer fanaticism long enough(since 2007) to understand that all these phone makers are in bed with each other cooking up ways to sell to us in a turn by turn strategy. Tecno and Samsung were jointly making a camera for real (https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/samsung_and_tecno_working_on_rgbw_camera_sensor_-amp-52169.php) Apple sources parts from Samsung and LG, in reality, Apple doesn't really produce Phones rather they "design". And every phone maker has a product for every pocket!

Bottom line, if Apple makes Android phones without the bottle necks I'd buy them but the Galaxy S21 Ultra works for me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by stano2(m): 6:25am On Jan 25, 2022
BLoomfrancs:

Ha, are you serious? You use Iphone and you don't know that.
Alright, iPhone has a built-in application called measure. See the attached picture. Just go to your apps' list and search for it. It is a default app. The name is "measure".
Thanks sir, i use my android the most for heavy task....my iphone just there..i'll check it out sir. We learn everyday
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by stano2(m): 6:27am On Jan 25, 2022
Grandmeister:

Lol even the 7 plus does that with the measurement app.
i didn't even know, i even use a higher version.. I'll check it out. thanks
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by CodedWealth(m): 6:50am On Jan 25, 2022
brainycaleb:
I wonder why we Nigerians trade insults at the Slightest...

My opinion from experience is to chose a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra over the iPhone 13pro max. And here are my reasons

1. Battery life.
Samsung devices running on One UI skin offer better battery life compared to the older Grace UI/UX found on the s7 to s8 and Touchwiz Skin found on the very first galaxy S till S6+ and this is due to optimisation. The iPhone on the other hand has seen improvements over the years and yes, they are better now. Both phones have been optimised to conserve battery.

2. Processors and GPUs
The iPhone has the fastest processor and GPU(if im not mistaken on the latter) on a phone right now but is bottlenecked by the OS, its a nightmare for game developers and all that stuffs where its supposed to be needed! Such power should serve its needs but... High end games are better optimised for Snapdragon chipsets and this is where the iPhone fails to win.
Both devices can still function as midrange phones in 7 to 10 years time due to their sheer power.

3. Updates
It's true that Samsung offer 5 years updates for the S series and 4 years updates for the A series then 3 for other series while the iPhone offers 6 years of seamless updates for every generation of iPhone but... This is where Android wins! After 6 years, your iPhone is obsolete and in 8 years, it is archaic! Android on the other hand hardly dies! Take the Galaxy S2 for example, last I checked, it was launched in 2011 with android 2.3 gingerbread and that's a whooping 11 years ago and 28 of december 2020, someone made an Android 12 custom Rom for it, even though it hanged during operation and all that but it breathed new life even after 10 years and believe me, it tasted every version of android until 12(https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-12-0-0-r18-i9100-lineageos-19-0-alpha.4380641/) . Once a phone maker stops supporting an android device, due to its opensource nature, communities like XDA has enthusiasts who are willing to build third party Roms and give updates to an abandoned phone. IPhone on the other hand don't run custom Roms.

4. I used an iPhone and to be honest, there was a time when the iPhone couldn't copy and paste and that was during its early days and I was a Symbian fan boy... I've come a long way and I appreciate Apple and their iPhones because they make good hardwares, ranging from camera to processor and all that designs. Only hardware phone engineers can really do understand what I'm saying, the aesthetics of the disassembled iPhone and her tiny parts and screws... Premium like an expensive mechanical wristwatch but closed source OS.
The Samsung android on the other hand finds a new beastly feature for every iteration yearly and I must confess, the Galaxy S21 Ultra is the best yet from them and I believe they aren't done!

I will chose the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra over an IPhone 13, and that is my choice, I'm an android power user, a mobile gamer and the promise of customization(this isn't about theming and wallpaper but Custom Roms)

I currently use a higher midrange device from samsung(Galaxy A71F International version) and being a contented user, I plan to use this device for the next five years or more and its going to be not because I cannot afford a newer device or so but because I've survived phone wars and manufacturer fanaticism long enough(since 2007) to understand that all these phone makers are in bed with each other cooking up ways to sell to us in a turn by turn strategy. Tecno and Samsung were jointly making a camera for real (https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/samsung_and_tecno_working_on_rgbw_camera_sensor_-amp-52169.php) Apple sources parts from Samsung and LG, in reality, Apple doesn't really produce Phones rather they "design". And every phone maker has a product for every pocket!

Bottom line, if Apple makes Android phones without the bottle necks I'd buy them but the Galaxy S21 Ultra works for me.

Detailed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by neuf(m): 6:50am On Jan 25, 2022
unmask:
I am sure you read where I said I won't use it, so your third point was needless and no an iPhone can't make my life easier.

What the hell does operate it like an android mean? All touch based smartphones are swipes and clicks.

Maybe you should look up the meaning of hype. Just to help you.....demand drives prices

is it a criteria that people in phone section shouldn't read to understand??
Like I clearly implied any smartphone will make your life easier but what you understood was iPhone will make your life easier which of course it would being a smartphone but that wasn't what I said. Jeeez!

Definition of hype - "promotion or propaganda especially of exaggerated claims"
From that simple definition, what claim has the iPhone exaggerated? Is it the most promoted or marketed phone? No, most android manufacturers run more marketing ad than the iPhone so where does your claim of the iPhone being hyped come from??

if only people just put your smartphone into good use like making research before making claims on public forum, it'd go a long way to help all of us.
For a phone that deals only on the flagship segment of the phone market to have 23% of the market share, do you think only "hype" can get you that?
No android manufacturer, not Samsung, not Xiaomi judging by only their flagships can have such a share of the market.

So a phone manufacturer each year produces a phone that competes only with the best of the best of Android and still own more than 20% of the overall market and you say it's hype?

It's 2022, you guys should make it make sense na
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by ajericho(m): 6:59am On Jan 25, 2022
Vixenn:

I said you can't enjoy iPhone without powerbank...

If you're using one, then you'll notice you can't go a full day without looking for where to charge...i can go 3 days without charging my Samsung... My brother has iPhone 13_

Your misrepresentation of my statement shows you're rigid and your reasoning is clouded_ or u probably speak but don't understand english

I'm done replying u

Lol na lie you just dey spill out,the new iPhones have good battery,and we all know Samsung also sucks at battery
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by ajericho(m): 7:00am On Jan 25, 2022
Swissheart:
Exactly, my sisters use Samsung and they were advising me to get a power bank when I got my iPhone 12. They were disappointed.

The old iPhones are the ones with battery issues,Thier latest phones battery are superb
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by ajericho(m): 7:01am On Jan 25, 2022
Vixenn:

I said you can't enjoy iPhone without powerbank...

If you're using one, then you'll notice you can't go a full day without looking for where to charge...i can go 3 days without charging my Samsung... My brother has iPhone 13_

Your misrepresentation of my statement shows you're rigid and your reasoning is clouded_ or u probably speak but don't understand english

I'm done replying u

Your brother no dey use 13 oga grin

Even u sef dey use tecno
Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by ajericho(m): 7:04am On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

is it a criteria that people in phone section shouldn't read to understand??
Like I clearly implied any smartphone will make your life easier but what you understood was iPhone will make your life easier which of course it would being a smartphone but that wasn't what I said. Jeeez!

Definition of hype - "promotion or propaganda especially of exaggerated claims"
From that simple definition, what claim has the iPhone exaggerated? Is it the most promoted or marketed phone? No, most android manufacturers run more marketing ad than the iPhone so where does your claim of the iPhone being hyped come from??

if only people just put your smartphone into good use like making research before making claims on public forum, it'd go a long way to help all of us.
For a phone that deals only on the flagship segment of the phone market to have 23% of the market share, do you think only "hype" can get you that?
No android manufacturer, not Samsung, not Xiaomi judging by only their flagships can have such a share of the market.

So a phone manufacturer each year produces a phone that competes only with the best of the best of Android and still own more than 20% of the overall market and you say it's hype?

It's 2022, you guys should make it make sense na

iPhone dont even promote Thier gadgets,and still people buy it like crazy,

I haven't seen where they've done a single promo for Thier phone

People just hate on what they can't have

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro by Tzar(m): 9:46am On Jan 25, 2022
Good luck to you on your super power on smells. If you don’t believe me, that is your prerogative. I understand your distrust of Nigerians. I don’t trust any Nigerian either.
But I posted fact and not fiction.

BLoomfrancs:

I smell lies.

I believe you bro but I smell lies all the same grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

MTN New Tariff / "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out / The Etisalat BIS Monthly Plan For Androids??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.