Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking (1495 Views)

This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It / This Picture Got Me Thinking... / Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Tobest150(m): 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
The comment was posted on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6952662/should-swiss-woman-nwanyiocha-made

Titled: Should This Swiss Woman Be Made A Commissioner In Anambra?

The comment reads:
Nukilia:
This would be a welcomed development! If we can even hire a foreign president to replace Baba, it won't be a bad idea.

And by foreign president, I'm sure he meant "White President". Immediately I read the bolded, I exclaimed "No nah! Not again!! " But thinking further, I've come to quite agree with this person, because Nigerian presidents, both past and present has failed this country. In fact, black presidents has failed their own.

Having a white man as a president is probably what we need right now. Black man is full of greed and selfishness - With low or no intention of developing their country. But prefer travelling to other well developed countries even for things as necessary as health care.

What do you think?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Brexxit(m): 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
I'm the only person who can fix this nation.

And it's no joke.

1 Like

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
I totally agree with his idea.. .it was actually my initial thought after seeing the post.

1 Like

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Michelle70(m): 6:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nairaland has the most stupid number of people per square kilometer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by KingOfBoyz1(m): 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
Tobest150:
The comment was posted on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6952662/should-swiss-woman-nwanyiocha-made

The comment reads:

And by foreign president, I'm sure he meant "White President". Immediately I read the bolded, I exclaimed "No nah! Not again!! " But thinking further, I've come to quite agree with this person, because Nigerian presidents, both past and present has failed this country. In fact, black presidents has failed their own.

Having a white man as a president is probably what we need right now. Black man is full of greed and selfishness - With low or no intention of developing their country. But prefer travelling to other well developed countries even for things as necessary as health care.

What do you think?
a white man will sharperly switch to confederation pattern.. Allow regions do there thing.. It will stop all this blood shed. Arewa, Biafra, odua stuffs will stop. I once heard MNK saying this and its true..he once talked about restructuring.. Nigeria will never work with this pattern. Why can't they allow this? Greed

3 Likes

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Michelle70(m): 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
KingOfBoyz1:
a white man will sharperly switch to confederation pattern.. Allow regions do there thing.. It will stop all this blood shed. Arewa, Biafra, odua stuffs will stop. I once heard MNK saying this and its true..he once talked about restructuring.. Nigeria will never work with this pattern. Why can't they allow this? Greed
There is joke section on NL.
There is also a cartoon thread on movie section I believe.

U Pipu shu try and go there so mature people could discuss politics. U think good leadership is by skin colour?

4 Likes

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by hisgrace090: 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
Full of greed and selfishness!

On point.
Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Stephen0mozzy: 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
It is not the black man that is the problem in government... It is the CORRUPTION OF THE AFRICAN SYSTEM OF GREED AND POVERTY OF THE MIND.... especially in the Civil Service is the problem.

If a white man see corruption, e go corrupt, if a white man sees a system that doesn't demand accountability for his deeds and misdeeds, he go still corrupt.

We need SYSTEMS AND INSTITUTIONS TO BE ACCOUNTABLE...not racial inferiority complex

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Sergio104(m): 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2022
shocked
Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by shortIGBOman: 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
This one na Igbo people thread. From the op and and others who comment after him are all IGBOS. I advise none Igbos to keep off grin grin

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by KingOfBoyz1(m): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
Michelle70:

U Pipu shu try and go there so mature people could discuss politics. U think good leadership is by skin colour?
seems like you mad
Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Tobest150(m): 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2022
Michelle70:
[s]There is joke section on NL.

U Pipu shu try and go there so mature people could discuss politics.[/s] U think good leadership is by skin colour?

How best do we solve the problem will have in this country, if not critical thinking and suggesting virtually anything that comes to mind.

What I've said might not be so accurate. It might not be by skin color after all. But you'd agree with me that ways of reasoning differs between the whites & the blacks. We don't reason the same.

4 Likes

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by BigDawsNet: 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
Tobest150:

The comment reads:

What do you think?

Obviously, white men will help the country move forward in a very accurate way but sadly

We can't hire foreigner to Rule US...
The law states that only a Nigerian Citizen by Birth! Can contest an Officially become the President of Nigeria...

So don't think abt hiring because it's a waste of time...
Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
Michelle70:
Nairaland has the most stupid number of people per square kilometer
Gbam !!!
Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Michelle70(m): 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
Tobest150:

How best do we solve the problem will have in this country, if not critical thinking and suggesting virtually anything that comes to mind.

What I've said might not be so accurate. It might not be by skin color after all. But you'd agree with me that ways of reasoning differs between the whites & the blacks. We don't reason the same.
go to YouTube and watch videos of Americans.

U will see that they are always complaining of how expensive things are especially rents.

The difference is that while things are also hard there, the people work harder to meet up, they have entrepreneurial drive. Most of the biggest companies like Tesla, Berkshire, Amazon etc are not owned by govt but by individuals.

But down here, we only think about how govt should provide jobs. If price of goods sky rocket, instead of trying to work harder, we become violent with attitude that drives away investors, we praise the E-thieves and ridicule the real hustlers, we turn laziness to "I can't come and kill myself

I know the govt is bad but the citizen is playing the worst role here but we also point fingers at govt
Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by FoolishBoy419: 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2022
This one doesn't know that there are many European nations that are in terrible condition. I will ignore American and Asian countries since they are not ruled by white men even though they are also not led by Blacks.

Nigeria is bad and there is no doubt about it but between 1960 and now, it is clear that we are better off on our own. How many universities and even infrastructure did they construct for us? The little things they did were mainly intended to further their agenda and not to make Nigeria (or Africa) a better place.
Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Otutupoyoyo: 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
Michelle70:

U will see that they are always complaining of how expensive things are especially rents.

The difference is that while things are also hard there, the people work harder to meet up, they have entrepreneurial drive. Most of the biggest companies like Tesla, Berkshire, Amazon etc are not owned by govt but by individuals.

But down here, we only think about how govt should provide jobs. If price of goods sky rocket, instead of trying to work harder, we become violent with attitude that drives away investors, we praise the E-thieves and ridicule the real hustlers, we turn laziness to "I can't come and kill myself

I know the govt is bad but the citizen is playing the worst role here but we also point fingers at govt

Leave those guys with their mumu talk.
Even the best white man with ideals will resign within 2 years by the time Nigerians show his their engraved greediness and lazy attitude.
Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Tobest150(m): 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
Michelle70:

They don't work as hard as we do here. They simply work smart. Things/House rent are expensive over there, I agree, but life is still very easy there, too.

While things might be expensive there, getting the money for the expenses are also quite easy, because they have good infrastructure, well planned by their government to make life easier. Unlike us here, working 7am-7pm, Mon-friday for how much? Over there they work and get paid per hour.

Can you compare their minimum wage to ours? You dare not!

And talking about things being less expensive here in Nigeria, have you been around lately?? Because price of basic human needs here increase on daily basis. All thanks to our current government.

I still stand by what I said - We are our own problem.
Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by FakeUnity: 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2022
Michelle70:

Think out of the box buffoon. Everybody is not supposed to be down your conventional and convenienent madness in the present day zoogeria.

If I give you visa to the those countries run by the caucausians, you will grab it with both hands and legs, yet you are here forming 'black patrotism' on empty stomach.. Mugu.

2 Likes

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Michelle70(m): 11:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
FakeUnity:

Think out of the box buffoon. Everybody is not supposed to be down your conventional and convenienent madness in the present day zoogeria.

If I give you visa to the those countries run by the caucausians, you will grab it with both hands and legs, yet you are here forming 'black patrotism' on empty stomach.. Mugu.

are u done?
Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Michelle70(m): 12:18am On Jan 24, 2022
Otutupoyoyo:

Leave those guys with their mumu talk.
Even the best white man with ideals will resign within 2 years by the time Nigerians show his their engraved greediness and lazy attitude.
just go to romance, politics or joke section on NL and u will find so many NLders spending time there but go to career or investment section and u may not find 10persons. Go to twitter and its worse, its all about catching cruise or insulting govt.
This is the mindset of average Nigeria, they are more concerned about Tinubu/Atiku or baby mamas and redpill than they are about their own career.
U can't compare this to the mindset of an average US citizen who was inculcated with entrepreneurial mindset right from young age, a country where children leave their parents house at the age of 18-20 to start chasing their own career.
In 21st century, those people are thinking of life in space while we are here drawing map of Biafra, fighting over land that our forefathers left for our great grandfathers.
To change Nigeria, we need to have a different mindset

1 Like

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Tobest150(m): 7:30am On Jan 24, 2022
Michelle70:
just go to romance, politics or joke section on NL and u will find so many NLders spending time there but go to career or investment section and u may not find 10persons. Go to twitter and its worse, its all about catching cruise or insulting govt.
This is the mindset of average Nigeria, they are more concerned about Tinubu/Atiku or baby mamas and redpill than they are about their own career.
U can't compare this to the mindset of an average US citizen who was inculcated with entrepreneurial mindset right from young age, a country where children leave their parents house at the age of 18-20 to start chasing their own career.
In 21st century, those people are thinking of life in space while we are here drawing map of Biafra, fighting over land that our forefathers left for our great grandfathers.
To change Nigeria, we need to have a different mindset

You still haven't made a valid point to backup your notion that good leadership is not by skin color. You've only been confirming what I said, and that makes my argument valid.

You said and I quote
"In 21st century, those people are thinking of life in space"
Imagine having someone with the mindset of living a life in space.. What do you think that would do for the development of the country he/she governs?

Thanks for proving me right.

1 Like

Re: This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking by Michelle70(m): 7:34am On Jan 24, 2022
Tobest150:

You still haven't made a valid point to backup your notion that good leadership is not by skin color. You've only been confirming what I said, and that makes my argument valid.

You said and I quote
Imagine having someone with the mindset of living a life in space.. What do you think that would do for the development of the country he/she governs?

Thanks for proving me right.
shebi it was the white skin govt that was thinking of life in space?
Is it not just mere citizens like Elon musk that is thinking of the space.
In case u don't know, in USA, the govt doesn't have multi billion dollar company, they just take tax

(1) (Reply)

Another Video Of Tinubu Rushing To Pee Publicly? / Sen Abaribe Confirms That Businesses Are Leaving The SE / 2023 Presidency : Senator Anyim Spotted Eating With The Less Privileged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.