Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It (5886 Views)

PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion / This Nairalander's Comment Got Me Thinking / Army Got ₦1.08 Trillion In 28 Months, Zainab Ahmed Tells Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Quintopia: 11:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
The thread topic was ''Scanty Stadium at Lagos Independence Rally....''
https://www.nairaland.com/7361610/scanty-stadium-lagos-independence-rally

In explaining the reason for the 'scant rally', one dummy posted this, and got 1,000 likes:

GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

When we got independence the Nigeria greedy politicians came back and re-colonized us, deliberately destroyed our educational system, put us in more darkness and rendered us jobless and poor, but now we are OBIdiently matching to the real independence.

My response:

At independence we had NO ''educational system''. There was not one single university in Nigeria, compared to the 200+ we have today, courtesy of the NIGERIAN leaders you claimed ''destroyed'' something that never existed.

One more thing. Without independence in 1960, you'd be a stark illiterate village farmer today. Or a hunter. The colonial regime did not invest in public education, and national literacy rate was 7% at independence. That figure is 78% today, courtesy of NIGERIAN leaders who came in and introduced free and/or near free education and built thousands of public schools, including the ones that educated your parents.

As for ''putting you in more darkness'', you were in near absolute darkness before independence. In fact there was no national grid built before independence. Most homes were not even wired to receive power. The British did not build any power stations. They imported industrial generators to light up affluent parts of town (GRAs, Ikoyi etc) where they and their native serfs lived. The overwhelming majority of Nigerians lived in darkness using lanterns and candles.

Kainji Dam was our first power plant, and it was commissioned in 1964.

Today we have countless power plants covering hundreds+ million people. Intermittently yes, but getting better and better.

SO IT WAS NIGERIAN LEADERS THAT BROUGHT YOU OUT OF DARKNESS, AND GAVE YOU EDUCATION, YOU IGNORANT, CONDITIONED mumu, IN A FORUM OF IGNORANT, ALLERGIC-TO-RESEARCH mumus THAT LIKED YOUR STUPID COMMENT.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Finnbaloroficia: 11:46pm On Oct 02, 2022
Quintopia:

In explaining the reason for the 'scant rally', one dummy posted this:

My repsonse:

At independence we had NO ''educational system''. There was not one single university in Nigeria, compared to the 200+ we have today, courtesy of the NIGERIAN leaders you claimed ''destroyed'' something that never existed.

One more thing. Without independence in 1960, you'd be a stark illiterate village farmer today. The colonial regime did not invest in public education, and national literacy rate was 7% at independence. That figure is 78% today, courtesy of NIGERIAN leaders who came in and introduced free and/or near free education and built thousands of public schools, including the ones that educated your parents.

As for ''putting you in more darkness'', you were in near absolute darkness before independence. In fact there was no national grid built before independence. Most homes were not even wired to receive power. The British did not build any power stations. They imported industrial generators to light up affluent parts of town (GRAs, Ikoyi etc) where they and their native serfs lived. The overwhelming majority of Nigerians lived in darkness using lanterns and candles.

Today we have countless power plants covering hundreds+ million people. Intermittently yes, but getting better and better.

SO IT WAS NIGERIAN LEADERS THAT BROUGHT YOU OUT OF DARKNESS, AND GAVE YOU EDUCATION, YOU IGNORANT, CONDITIONED mumu, IN A FORUM OF IGNORANT, ALLERGIC-TO-RESEARCH mumus THAT LIKED YOUR STUPID COMMENT.

Okay I have heard what you said, but you know man u suppose win this match. Abi I lie?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by HarlequinLekex: 11:56pm On Oct 02, 2022
Finnbaloroficia:

Okay I have heard what you said, but you know man u suppose win this match. Abi I lie?
No talk am again o,manure fans should park wella

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by HarlequinLekex: 11:59pm On Oct 02, 2022
Quintopia no matter how stupid a comment is when u add something political or tribalistic to it your fellow gang members would like it,have tried sometime last month and it is confirmed but i don't do so again not to hide my real opinions and saying rubbish

4 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Mickykarim: 12:04am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

In explaining the reason for the 'scant rally', one dummy posted this, and got 1,000 likes:

My response:

One more thing. Without independence in 1960, you'd be a stark illiterate village farmer today. Or a hunter. The colonial regime did not invest in public education, and national literacy rate was 7% at independence. That figure is 78% today, courtesy of NIGERIAN leaders who came in and introduced free and/or near free education and built thousands of public schools, including the ones that educated your parents.

THERE ARE TOO MANY FOOLS AND IGNORAMUSES ON THIS PLATFORM AND OTHERS THAT ADORN THE CYBERSPACE.

They are often unto what they do not know and loudest about them. IGNORANT of too many things including their essences in life. So, dunce they cannot even fathom how demented their endemic nuisances appears. Exhibits stupid outposts at any given little opportunity and arrogant about it.

MY FRIEND, YOU READ IT WELL ND DELIVERED IT PERFECTLY!

The problem is they wallow in stupendous delusional grandeur of no equal measure.

YOU ARE VERY RIGHT.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Bontafa: 12:09am On Oct 03, 2022
You opened a thread to wail for likes ?

Sorry .

This obident guys dey do una shege

20 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by nlreserve: 12:10am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

My response:

All the so called achievement you think should be a reason to hail our past leaders, who should we blame for all the debts Nigeria has incured, considering the fact that Nigeria used to be a country that lends money to Japan and other country's in the 70's?

Today, Japan is more developed than Nigeria; Who should we blame for it? Our past leaders or not? Should we blame the Nigerians (followers)? Well, I think the followers such as you should be blamed because you keep enjoying the low standard your leaders have put you. Compare your life with that of other countries' citizens and see that they are better off than you.

Today, Nigerian graduates are moving to other countries for better life, even though they are paid less than foreigners (counterparts) from other countries simply because Nigeria is of low standard. If you don't know, you are a product of your country and if you don't aim high for your country, others won't rate you high.

Guy, I won't blame you because even a fool is wise to himself but try to humble your stupidity. Fella sang it in one of his songs about people like you.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by PoliteActivist: 12:20am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

[b]One more thing. Without independence in 1960, you'd be a stark illiterate village farmer today. Or a hunter. The colonial regime did not invest in public education, and national literacy rate was 7% at

Mickykarim:

THERE ARE TOO MANY FOOLS AND IGNORAMUSES ON THIS PLATFORM AND OTHERS THAT ADORN THE CYBERSPACE.

You people are sooo ignorant and nobody to tell you.
At independence Nigerian was a HEAVEN compared to now. We were on the right TRAJECTORY that if we had continued on it, then add our oil to it, Nigeria would be better than UK by now.
But it all got derailed due to BAD AND CORRUPT LEADERSHIP!
Look at what you call universities. The graduates have barely the education of a JJS 2 student of those days!

You could drink water straight from the tap, no need for bottled water. You have 24/7 electricity as long as you can pay the modest bill. Roads were not congested. Cities were not crowded. There was NO rampant corruption, including police. Not to talk of our currency, our airline, security, etc. Nigeria was truly on the path to becoming a great place to live. It all got rubbished as if we are under some sort of a curse!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by PoliteActivist: 12:22am On Oct 03, 2022
nlreserve:
All the so called achievement you think should be a reason to hail our past leaders, who should we blame for all the debts Nigeria has incured, considering the fact that Nigeria used to be a country that lends money to Japan and other country's in the 70's?

Today, Japan is more developed than Nigeria; Who should we blame for it? Our past leaders or not? Should we blame the Nigerians (followers)? Well, I think the followers such as you should be blamed because you keep enjoying the low standard your leaders have put you. Compare your life with that of other countries' citizens and see that they are better off than you.

Today, Nigerian graduates are moving to other countries for better life, even though they are paid less than foreigners (counterparts) from other countries simply because Nigeria is of low standard. If you don't know, you are a product of your country and if you don't aim high for your country, others won't rate you high.

Guy, I won't blame you because even a fool is wise to himself but try to humble your stupidity. Fella sang it in one of his songs about people like you.

No mind the myopic ignoramuses. See my post above

9 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by OkCornel(m): 12:22am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

My response:

I stopped reading at the first paragraph. University of Ibadan was established in 1948. As a college with ties to University of London though, became a degree awarding institution in 1962.

UNN was established on 18th May, 1955.

Nonetheless, Nigeria had visionary leaders in the first republic. Though not perfect, but still they were visionaries with some degree of compassion for the masses. Unlike the evil vultures lurking around from the late 70s till date.

The coup of January 1966 was needless, and derailed the country from its path to unity and greatness.

16 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Quintopia: 12:26am On Oct 03, 2022
nlreserve:

WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR PROBLEM?

THAT IS DID NOT ACCEPT THE POSTER'S LIES?

So because you are unsatisfied with the govt's performance, qwe shpuld tell lies about them and exaggerate their uselessness?

WHY?

There is not one thing I typed in response to that oaf that was untrue.

He claimed our politicians came in after independence and ''destroyed our education system''.

But there was no ''educational system'' before independence.

What was your grandpa or great grandpa's job?

Was he a doctor or lawyer or engineer?

I can say with 99.5% certainty he wasn't, but was an illiterate village peasant.

Or is it power supply?

Just about everyone lived in darkness before independence, and it wasn't about power cuts or turning on a gen. Nobody knew how to wire a house before independence.

Our national soccer team toured England in the 1950s barefooted. The colonial ministry of sports did not bother introducing them to football boots. (And you thought the NFF bad?)

As for Nigerians leaving for greener pastures, are you aware that that is actually a sign of a nation's SUCCESS in creating an educated and enlightened population?

Could your illiterate GRANDPA under colonialism wake up one day and decide to 'japa'?

Did he know where America was or how to get there, or what he would do if he got there?

SO COUNT YOUIR BLESSINGS INSTEAD OF SITTING SOMEWHERE BLAMING 'LEADERS' WITHOUT WHOM YOU WOULD BE STARK ILLITERATE TODAY WALKING AROUND BAREFOOTED IN THE VILLAGE AND CARRYING A HOE.

2 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by meobizy(f): 12:29am On Oct 03, 2022
1. 969 is not 1,000 anywhere in the world. Shortchange somebody by 31 units of exchange and they will fight tooth and nail to recover it.

2. The 101 in the username accounts for 100 likes.

3. You need to touch grass outside if you take this latrine of a platform serious.

4. The comment no even sweet, sef. That is the biggest indicator of inorganic likes.

1 Like

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Quintopia: 12:30am On Oct 03, 2022
OkCornel:

I stopped reading at the first paragraph. University of Ibadan was established in 1948. As a college with ties to University of London though, became a degree awarding institution in 1962.

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN WAS NOT A UNIVERSITY UNTIL 1962, AFTER INDEPENDENCE. Prior to that, it was a 'university college' - with supposed links to the University of London.

''Established'' on paper. Construction began around 1958. It never actually opened to the public till 7th Oct 1960 AFTER Independence.

SO I AM 100% CORRECT.

There was not ONE SINGLE UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA AT INDEPENDENCE.

1 Like

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by nlreserve: 12:32am On Oct 03, 2022
OkCornel:

By the way, graduates used to leave schools for ready waiting jobs back then with many companies of both local and foreign functioning. But today, those companies are no more and jobs no longer as available as it used to be. Simply because of of bad leadership and majority foolish followers.

What do u expect when leaders with poor knowledge of economics are in charge?

4 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by PoliteActivist: 12:33am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

So because you are unsatisfied with the govt's performance, qwe shpuld tell lies about them and exaggerate their uselessness?

My friend stop making a fool of yourself. "No educational system"?! When the real universities were established b4 independence. These mushroom things they term universities these days! That's just one aspect o. Just stop talking. You are embarrassing yourself

2 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by OkCornel(m): 12:34am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN WAS NOT A UNIVERSITY UNTIL 1962, AFTER INDEPEDENCE.

''Established'' on paper. Condtruction began around 1958. It never actually opened till 1960 AFTER Independence.

SO I AM 100% CORRECT.

There was not ONE SINGLE UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA AT INDPENDENCE.

Technically not. If your argument is...there was not one functioning, degree awarding university in Nigeria pre-independence...you might have a point.

The college in Ibadan awarded what exactly to its graduates? Bearing in mind they were affiliated to the University of London (just asking)

4 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by nlreserve: 12:35am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN WAS NOT A UNIVERSITY UNTIL 1962, AFTER INDEPEDENCE.

''Established'' on paper. Condtruction began around 1958. It never actually opened till 1960 AFTER Independence.

SO I AM 100% CORRECT.

There was not ONE SINGLE UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA AT INDPENDENCE.

You re wrong because UNN would still have functioned even if there was no independence. Since u claim it was established and construction going on before independent, what stops it from functioning if there was no independence?

3 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Quintopia: 12:35am On Oct 03, 2022
PoliteActivist:

My friend stop making a fool of yourself. "No educational system"?!. When the real universities were established b4 independence. These mushroom things they term universities these days! That's just one aspect of. Just stop talking. You are embarrassing yourself

ILLITERATE TOUT WITH LOW IQ. Have you not been reading this thread?

Which ''real universities'' existed before independence?

Care to name them?

1 Like

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by nlreserve: 12:38am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

WHY?

There is not one thing I typed in response to that oaf that was untrue.

He claimed our politicians came in after independence and ''destroyed our education system''.

But there was no ''educational system'' before independence.

What was your grandpa or great grandpa's job?

Was he a doctor or lawyer or engineer?

I can say with 99.5% certainty he wasn't, but was an illiterate village peasant.

Or is it power supply?

Just about everyone lived in darkness before independence, and it wasn't about power cuts or turning on a gen. Nobody knew how to wire a house before independence.

Our national soccer team toured England in the 1950s barefooted. The colonial ministry of sports did not bother introducing them to football boots. (And you thought the NFF bad?)

As for Nigerians leaving for greener pastures, are you aware that that is actually a sign of a nation's SUCCESS in creating an educated and enlightened population?

Could your illiterate GRANDPA under colonialism wake up one day and decide to 'japa'?

Did he know where America was or how to get there, or what he would do if he got there?

SO COUNT YOUIR BLESSINGS INSTEAD OF SITTING SOMEWHERE BLAMING 'LEADERS' WITHOUT WHOM YOU WOULD BE STARK ILLITERATE TODAY WALKING AROUND BAREFOOTED IN THE VILLAGE AND CARRYING A HOE.

You don't deserve my response. U are a stack fool who doesn't know about evolution.

1 Like

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Bontafa: 12:38am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

Care to name them?

All this crying, pains and wailing na because of likes ?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by HarlequinLekex: 12:40am On Oct 03, 2022
Bontafa:

You got his code straight up

3 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Quintopia: 12:40am On Oct 03, 2022
nlreserve:
You re wrong because UNN would still have functioned even if there was no independence. Since u claim it was established and construction going on before independent, what stops it from functioning if there was no independence?

The moves towards independence had been occurring in Nigeria for at least a decade before actual independence in 1960. Power was gradually devolved to Nigerians via the regional houses of assembly etc. So for instance, with the UNN it was Zik who initialised it, with the then Eastern House of Assembly as the driving force. It was how Awo was able build stuff in the western region, and offer free education etc.

So rather than NIGERIAN LEADERS being the demons that ''destroyed our education'', it was NIGERIAN LEADERS that built up our educational system. The colonial rulers, whom you people have been brainwashed to idolize, built nothing.

1 Like

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by PoliteActivist: 12:41am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

Care to name them?

Most of what they have these days in Nigeria are not universities. Barely comparable to sec schools of those days in many respects

2 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Bontafa: 12:42am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

Care to name them?

Professor nairaland.

Before the independence the university college Ibadan was functioning fully so why all this wailing and crying just because someone got likes for comment?

You are now talking about colonization and gibberish

2 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Bontafa: 12:44am On Oct 03, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
You got his code straight up

E no tire you

Asin the way e open thread with all might and seriousness like say na only am pay school fees for naija

1 Like

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Quintopia: 12:44am On Oct 03, 2022
Bontafa:

Professor nairaland.

Before the independence the university college Ibadan was functioning fully so why all this wailing and crying just because someone got likes for comment?

Ignorant dunce with no brain, we are referring to full-fledged universities, not subsidiary campuses of foreign institutions, which is what UI was before 1962.

Can your school dropout self not tell the difference between the two?

3 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by betshopagent(m): 12:46am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

My response:

I don't see where he attacked you with his comment or why you should be pained with his comment.He has the right to air his opinion just like you but you are deliberately attacking just because his comments does not align with yours. You sound more Stupid insulting him.

8 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by PoliteActivist: 12:47am On Oct 03, 2022
Bontafa:

Professor nairaland.

Don't mind the myopic ignoramus, comparing Nigeria of today that's going nowhere to a Nigeria of those days that was an upward trajectory, full of hope and optimism. Nigerians came straight back home after schooling abroad. etc

4 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Bontafa: 12:47am On Oct 03, 2022
Quintopia:

Ignorant dunce with no brain, we are referring to full-fledged universities, not subsidiary campuses of foreign institutions, which is what UI was before 1962.

Blantant olodo

The Yaba higher college then was what ?

4 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Proudlyomonna: 12:47am On Oct 03, 2022
Finnbaloroficia:

I dey tell you grin grin
Abeg help me ask am se inside fufu and pounded yam which one they voltage belle pass grin grin

3 Likes

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Quintopia: 12:48am On Oct 03, 2022
Bontafa:

This thread was required, since 1,000 mumu Nairalanders need education, being grossly ignorant of their colonial past.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This FOOLISH Comment Got 1,000 Likes On Nairaland - My Response To Crush It by Quintopia: 12:49am On Oct 03, 2022
Bontafa:

Blantant olodo

The Yaba higher college then was what ?

This village dropout thinks Yaba had a university before independence.

I rest my case.

IPOB illiterate.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Possible Basis For Court's Upturning INEC Election Declaration / Adeboye: Pray For Policemen For The Security Challenges / Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.