Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam (8508 Views)

Get 5% Off Car Engine Via Car Parts Nigeria / SPECIAL SALE! Get 5% Off Car Engine Via Car Parts Nigeria / Get 5% Discount Off Tire Purchase Via Car Parts Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 7:51am On Jan 24, 2022
Vickyvice:
you mess up. Na cash and carry I dey do. If alert no enter, keep the car at a police station till it's sorted out at your bank, and we move together No time

Thanks for the advice sir. Lesson learnt through the hard way.

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by alphabbey1(m): 7:58am On Jan 24, 2022
nlugliest:
I am currently on hospital bed as my heart has never stopped racing and currently feeling partial cramp in my both legs and severe migraine coupled with serious mental trauma.
It's a simple case OP, put pressure on bank with the help of police to give you house address of the guy....
With time if the guy is yet to be seen, police will put wanted on the guy's picture and distribute it everywhere. Won't be long he and his car will be seen... unless he lives and drive that car in the Jungle, he will surely be seen. Just keep calm....

10 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by aryzgreat: 8:21am On Jan 24, 2022
Op is this d same guy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 8:38am On Jan 24, 2022
revcompaty:

Wow shocked shocked thanks for this �
Op follow up on this and remember time is of essence cos that post can disappear sooner than expected.
Also for the phone number, a check on trucaller and Google search showed this ��

Thanks for the insight sir!

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 8:42am On Jan 24, 2022
aryzgreat:
Op is this d same guy?

No sir. Thank you for your effort sir.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by davillian(m): 8:50am On Jan 24, 2022
Don't give this guy time to plan his escape.....
Start the tracking now....
He is trying to buy time......

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Laurealite: 9:00am On Jan 24, 2022
There are some informations gotten from the car registration number @ nlugliest send me a message

11 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 24, 2022
I dey vex like this angry angry angry angry
All scammers should face judgement.
Op, good luck
Seun, lalasticlala

10 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by izzou(m): 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
I really feel so sad about your predicament. This is painful

I always carry out any transaction involving large sums in a banking hall. If you had insisted on going to the bank, he would have either sold the car, or declined.

Also, nobody pays for a car without seeing the original documents. If he didn't bring the original, how would you have claimed ownership?

Lastly, always take someone along when dealing with strangers. It could be your friend, girlfriend, colleague, mechanic, wife.... anybody. There could be signs that you may ignore, but it could trigger the instincts of your partner.

I pray he is apprehended and killed.

33 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Grupo(m): 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
This is quite sad. I don't know why a man can be this wicked to his fellow man.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by xperiencelove(m): 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
I pity you bro. Let's see what we can do about it. I will report the case tomorrow morning. But I can't still believe you truly sent him 2,220m and still allow him to go with the car. You should have rather drive the car to testing ground police station at Idi Ape, request that you want to see the DPO, narrate the transaction issue and tell him not to release the car to anyone of you if the other party is not present. I'm very sure the fraudster will tell you he has seen the alert when you are about to enter or go out of the station.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by captainking(m): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
nlugliest:
On 18th January, 2022, I needed a car for a customer then decided to check on an online market JIJI, after searching through the various adverts, I saw one 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA with registration number AKD697HG posted by PRINCE TOYESHE (his jiji username) that seems to match up with my customer's standards then decided to put a call through to the number 08143744013 attached to the advert, I spoke with the poster about my interest in the vehicle he had placed for sale and he assured me he is the rightful owner, we then agreed to meet at a location for inspection and possible payment after all due diligence. We agreed to meet at a popular gas station along Akala express in IBADAN, then I left work for the venue when I got there, placed a call to him to notify him of my arrival and he asked me to give him some minutes that he will catch up with me. After waiting for about 30 minutes, he showed up with the car and apologised for keeping me waiting for that long. Then inspection began forthwith, I was satisfied with the condition the car was and asked him if I could test drive, he obliged, he entered into the passengerside and I sat in the driver seat, then he showed me the security around the step board area, started the vehicle and drove it out of the gas station to the main road and back to the gas station. I then proceed to ask for the vehicle documents which he provided the photocopy and said he didn't come with the original for security purpose, went through the papers and I asked him if the name on the document was his own, he said yes and further buttress his point by showing me his driver's license whose name corresponds with that on the vehicle papers, then I began to have confidence in his claim of being the rightful owner of the vehicle, so at that point negotiation began, his asking price was 2,350,000NGN, after minutes of bargaining we resulted on 2,220,000NGN, then I asked how he like to be paid and he said a transfer will be preferred. Immediately initiated an online transfer using my phone via my bank app to his Zenith Bank Account number 2253315049 which brought the name KOLADE TOSIN AGBOOLA as written in the vehicle document, after a successful transfer, showed him all evidence of payment and he said he has not gotten a credit alert and I suggest he checks his account using his bank app and he did and I saw his 10000 plus balance so we waited in the car for a while then he said he needed to eat and we left the gas station with the car. We got to the canteen, he went inside but i stood on the road side close to the car, he later came outside and he said I should borrow him 1000NGN that he was out of cash and I obliged, gave him the money and he went back inside the canteen and I was still standing outside with my eyes glued to the car. After few minutes he stepped out and we embarked and drove back to the gas station. This time we did not sit in the car, we parked the car in the gas station and we sat at a lounge just beside the gas station and he ordered beer and offered me but i said i do not take beer, we sat at the same table where we had random conversations where he told he stays in FRANCE amongst other things. However, he later said he wants to use the toilet, left and came back to meet me at the table. After waiting several hours, I told him to check his app which he did and showed me the money in it this time was 30000NGN plus but since the increase was nowhere close to what I was expecting it didn't raise an eye brow. In the evening, we both agreed to meet the next day to go to our respective banks to address the issue, I asked where he lives and said Apata then I left for work to close for the day after i have already taken his picture and done a covert video. When I got home that evening, i noticed he has closed the advert and deactivated his profile, immediately I began to smell dead rat, I put a call through, picked and told me he has not seen the alert that once he does, at dawn he will call me to bring the car down to anywhere I am. His statement revamped my confidence but i went to bed feeling I goofed.
The following day 19th January, 2022, I called around 7am to know if he has gotten the money and he said no then I told him we should go to our respective banks together to get things all sorted out then i suggested we meet at CHALLENGE where virtually all banks has a branch by 9am, got there past 8am and notified him of my arrival and he said he will be with me shortly, then i rushed into my bank and complained they told me the beneficiary got the fund. When it was 9am, I called severally and he later picked to tell me he is in Ojoo Military Barrack to see his uncle that he will meet with me by 11am that he should be done with his uncle by then, my heart has started racing, I stood in the sun till 11am and put several calls through that he ignored while he sends sms "Arrive Soon" and he later picked in the afternoon around past 2pm and said he was sorry that he couldn't finish with his uncle on time that where am I? I said I am in dugbe heading to the STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT in Iyaganku Ibadan, he then said it is not up to that he would have called me if he had seen the money that we should meet at the bank then i headed to the nearest Zenith Bank and told him to meet me there which he told me he was on his way, i got to the bank past 2pm and waited for his arrival and never showed up till 4pm when i didn't have a choice than to leave. I have not seen him since we departed neither has he refunded me my customer's money. His number has stopped going through but he occasionally responds to my chats via WhatsApp, then chatted me yesterday 22nd January 2022 that he has travelled out of the country that i should not waste my money on police or searching for him. That was how trust for humans has subjected me to very big problem as the owner of the money is highly disappointed and craving for his money. I am currently on hospital bed as my heart has never stopped racing and currently feeling partial cramp in my both legs and severe migraine coupled with serious mental trauma.
Bro... Post this exact thing on facebook groups.. Like rant hq... Igboist and other big groups... You will definitely see someone to help out... Post all details and spare non..

9 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by homeboy205: 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
You nor fûck up, you believed everyone is good as you are good..

I bet the car and the guy is still in Ibadan. Ask gistlover for help on instagram

10 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by sultaan(m): 2:21am On Jan 25, 2022
Go get police report and go to back headquarters to put hold on the account, the bank should be able to give police the contact, if you go to bank first a manager can tell you what they need to start the hold

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by okoroemeka(m): 5:56am On Jan 25, 2022
nlugliest:

Thanks for the advice sir. Lesson learnt through the hard way.
don't ever ever again try to do something as dangerous as this,that guy could have easily killed you and pushed you out of the car,used your phone and cleared your account, always do such transaction in banks or in my own case I went with a POS operator to the car stand and we did the transfer face to face no story,my friend was killed in similar manner in portharcourt,he went to buy a car and his account cleared of every money in it,be careful in Nigeria this days and be smart ,

18 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by MARKone(m): 6:40am On Jan 25, 2022
homeboy205:
You nor fûck up, you believed everyone is good as you are good..

I bet the car and the guy is still in Ibadan. Ask gistlover for help on instagram

No he bleeped up. Don't trust no one, especially when dealing with a Nigerian, he should have known that!. I'm so angry reading this story, this is capable of sending someone to the great beyond, imagine the pressure on this dude by his client to return his Money, client fit don arrest am sef. These scammers are heartless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by xperiencelove(m): 7:42am On Jan 25, 2022
Do you collect any of the vehicle particulars with address?
If yes, forward it to xperiencelove@gmail.com.
Also send your phone number to me now.

nlugliest:
On 18th January, 2022, I needed a car for a customer then decided to check on an online market JIJI, after searching through the various adverts, I trauma.

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 9:27am On Jan 25, 2022
@nlugliest.

U didn't add ur contact (phone no. Or email address) ​to the post.
U may ve people who has info about this guy and would want to give u info privately.

I ve a feeling the fraudster is following this post so any lead anyone gives u publicly would put him 10 steps ahead of u on what to do.

Add ur contact to the main post on page 1

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by jendoslim(m): 10:00am On Jan 25, 2022
Some people deserves some real badluck in this life.

Reason I stopped pitying people

Op, the guy would be found, just follow up with Police.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by ospreywin(m): 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
AKD697HG
2T1BR32E75C858653
1ZZ8073245
Corolla
AGBOOLA KOLADE TOSIN
16, OLORUNTUMO APATA IBADAN OYO STATE
0 803 9I3I 2 6 5

From the registration number, these are the details he used in registering the vehicle.... Trace him to that address....

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by revcompaty(m): 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
ospreywin:
AKD697HG
2T1BR32E75C858653
1ZZ8073245
Corolla
AGBOOLA KOLADE TOSIN
16, OLORUNTUMO APATA IBADAN OYO STATE
0 803 9I3I 2 6 5

From the registration number, these are the details he used in registering the vehicle.... Trace him to that address....
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by aieromon(m): 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2022

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by revcompaty(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Kingdemu: 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
This one that OP is not replying mentions nor updating this thread, I pray the client hasn't gotten him arrested.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by aieromon(m): 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by igbsam(m): 2:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
You goofed big time, but that's not what I'll want to start with.

First of all, that criminal didn't travel, he simply duped you and probably still within ibadan. Hand go touch am soon.

You have his pictures, his bank details, his phone number (I'm sure he blocked your line). Take all these to the state CID or EFCC. Let them help you in apprehending him. He's a hardened criminal and his type are many on jiji and its likes.

Mod, you need to push this to the front page. Next time you want to carry out such transactions, don't put trust forward. See everyone as wanting to dupe you so u take extra precaution.

6 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 3:11pm On Jan 25, 2022
I actually did a few findings about the fraudster but I was only able to get this.

https://ng-check.com/eric-moore-multi-services-nigeria-limited/5389073.html.

Engr Adgebenga is still very active on Facebook. OP might want to reach out to him on any help he can afford him cos he seems to be a friend of the fraudster and he looks like a responsible man

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Alvin007: 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
Some peeps are just evil. You got a buyer for your registered Corolla at 2.2m…that’s a good deal for the seller…yet, the devil in him still made him abscond with the money. He deserves to be dealt with. angry

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Mayor555(m): 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2022
Op, update please!

But keep it very simple, don't put out too much information

Like have you been able to get him...

Some people are doing one thing or the other for you to apprehend this criminal, please don't leave them in the cold.

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by aryzgreat: 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
aieromon and ospreywin thanks for the info garnered so far. They are very useful in tracking the bastard.

He will be caught soon

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by revcompaty(m): 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2022
I hope OP is in good health or he hasn't been arrested cos his silence is looking suspicious.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Generator Knocked Engine - Repair Or Replace? / Dumb Cars Will Be Dead In The Long Run. Only Smart Cars Will Survive / Overheating Problem With My Isuzu Rodeo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.