Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,171 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam (8550 Views)

Get 5% Off Car Engine Via Car Parts Nigeria / SPECIAL SALE! Get 5% Off Car Engine Via Car Parts Nigeria / Get 5% Discount Off Tire Purchase Via Car Parts Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 6:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
okoroemeka:
don't ever ever again try to do something as dangerous as this,that guy could have easily killed you and pushed you out of the car,used your phone and cleared your account, always do such transaction in banks or in my own case I went with a POS operator to the car stand and we did the transfer face to face no story,my friend was killed in similar manner in portharcourt,he went to buy a car and his account cleared of every money in it,be careful in Nigeria this days and be smart ,

Thank you so much for the life saving advice sir. May we never encounter the wicked ones.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 7:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
Orlaoluwayimika:
@nlugliest.

U didn't add ur contact (phone no. Or email address) ​to the post.
U may ve people who has info about this guy and would want to give u info privately.

I ve a feeling the fraudster is following this post so any lead anyone gives u publicly would put him 10 steps ahead of u on what to do.

Add ur contact to the main post on page 1

Thanks alot for the insight sir but I hope it will not be against the forum rules. May God continue to protect us against evil people.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kingdemu:
This one that OP is not replying mentions nor updating this thread, I pray the client hasn't gotten him arrested.

He did what is right to do as he felt betrayed, after the plea of many he has given me till Friday 28th January, 2022 to refund him. I just left the hospital as my BP rose to critical level but I am OK now. I am sorry for not responding to mention as I am also pressing buttons on how to secure a loan on or before Friday.

11 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mayor555:
Op, update please!

But keep it very simple, don't put out too much information

Like have you been able to get him...

Some people are doing one thing or the other for you to apprehend this criminal, please don't leave them in the cold.

I have not been able to apprehend him sir. Thank you so much for your help sir. May God protect us from evil people.

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 7:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
aieromon:
Kolade Tosin Agboola
https://b2bhint.com/en/officer/66546816

https://www.nairaland.com/omoobakolade

Thanks for the helpful information sir. I appreciate
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2022
revcompaty:
I hope OP is in good health or he hasn't been arrested cos his silence is looking suspicious.

I am currently struggling on how to refund the owner of the money as he has given me Friday 28th January, 2022 and I have been in and out of the hospital because of my BP. Thanks for showing concern sir.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by revcompaty(m): 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2022
nlugliest:

I am currently struggling on how to refund the owner of the money as he has given me Friday 28th January, 2022 and I have been in and out of the hospital because of my BP. Thanks for showing concern sir.
Heaven will intervene in this matter and grant you every possible means to find solution.

Stay strong!!!

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 11:32am On Jan 26, 2022
revcompaty:

Heaven will intervene in this matter and grant you every possible means to find solution.

Stay strong!!!

Amen bro. Thanks for the love and support sir

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by iHart(m): 11:57am On Jan 26, 2022
Op, have you made a polie report?

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
iHart:
Op, have you made a polie report?

I have sir

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Zico777(m): 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2022
ospreywin:
AKD697HG
2T1BR32E75C858653
1ZZ8073245
Corolla
AGBOOLA KOLADE TOSIN
16, OLORUNTUMO APATA IBADAN OYO STATE
0 803 9I3I 2 6 5

From the registration number, these are the details he used in registering the vehicle.... Trace him to that address....
Wow
U just made the OP's day!

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
Trust? Humans? And to spoil It all..A nigerian citizens?? More of like you were hypnotized sorry. I learnt the hardest lesson of my life In early millennium. Never again except you are gonna kill Me.....
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Bolsman(m): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
I pray God restores ur peace of mind. Always buy from a trust person, physical office or a registered car dealer.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Alvin007: 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
Evolutionlove:
Trust? Humans? And to spoil It all..A nigerian citizens?? More of like you were hypnotized sorry. I learnt the hardest lesson of my life In early millennium. Never again except you are gonna kill Me.....
Not every Nigerian isn’t trustworthy. It’s not a bad thing to trust someone(Nigerian or not)…just let that trust have a boundary…especially when it has to do with money.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2022
Alvin007:

Not every Nigerian isn’t trustworthy. It’s not a bad thing to trust someone(Nigerian or not)…just let that trust have a boundary…especially when it has to do with money.

Oga Alvin, boundaries or no boundaries. I say I no do Trusting Business again. Abi Is It your "Not Trusting.....
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Alvin007: 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Oga Alvin, boundaries or no boundaries. I say I no do Trusting Business again. Abi Is It your "Not Trusting.....
Lol…dem don show you pepper.. cheesy grin
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Zico777(m): 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2022
Alvin007:

Lol…dem don show you pepper.. cheesy grin
grin No be lie!
Me too still dey battle my own.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by alphabbey1(m): 7:58am On Jan 27, 2022
Today's 27th. OP, how you wan pay this thing back tomorrow like this coz I know all these loan company not gonna give you 1 Naira unless you are a salary earner or drop asset....

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Mayor555(m): 5:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
Op update!
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by teeste: 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2022
Another fraudster (Yahoo boy), one dey we will address this decadence of our moral values with jungle justice. They live around us and we have come to accept them. One day sha!!! Because we that are into legit hustling ain't stupid...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by wunmi590(m): 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2022

If them catch the bastard now dey butcher am small small till him die, people go dey pity the bastard....

I wish I even have quarter of the money to even lend of give you self....

Your God will fight for you

6 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by noobody(m): 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2022
Sorry for your loss op,this is sad.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
alphabbey1:
Today's 27th. OP, how you wan pay this thing back tomorrow like this coz I know all these loan company not gonna give you 1 Naira unless you are a salary earner or drop asset....

I went to some financial institutions to obtain a loan but the loan conditions are too stringent which I can not meet up with, the interest rate is suicidal, just like jumping from one fire to another. Today, I travelled with my parents and three friends to my father, one an Islamic cleric, to the customer's office to plea for an extention of payment deadline which he eventually accepted after so much plea from everyone till 2nd of February. I am still connecting all dots to finding the fraudster.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 9:50pm On Jan 27, 2022
Mayor555:
Op update!

I am still looking for the fraudster sir. But I can not lie that every information I have gotten from Nairaland has been indeed very helpful. I want to beseech everyone to please include me in their prayers. The pressure is too much to bare. Thanks for showing concern sir

9 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Mayor555(m): 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
nlugliest:

I am still looking for the fraudster sir. But I can not lie that every information I have gotten from Nairaland has been indeed very helpful. I want to beseech everyone to please include me in their prayers. The pressure is too much to bare. Thanks for showing concern sir

Any gesture from the fraudster?

Like what's he saying? the criminal's number is still available, especially on WhatsApp....

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by iHart(m): 5:20am On Jan 28, 2022
Op any progress in getting a court order to block his account and flag down his bvn? I think you should focus more on that.

If you focus on getting money to pay back your client, you may not get it within the short time frame and your client may eventually get you arrested. If you go to jail, the fraudster will be a free man on the street.

But if you channel your energy on getting his BVN blocked and he is declared wanted, even if you eventually go to jail, that man will never do any bank transaction in this country. He can never open any bank account in this country again. The frustration it will bring to him in the next 10 years will even make him want to commit suicide.

Go your bank and get more details on how to flag someone's bvn. Your bank may even recommend a lawyer for you. With the police report, get a lawyer and pursue this course. Whatever it will cost, do it.

16 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by heykims(m): 7:49am On Jan 28, 2022
Can someone please explain to me why this thread is not on front page?
If it were Bobrisky flaunting his yansh, it will.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by JAYUK(m): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2022
This guy is still in Nigeria,unless the op is physically incapacitated, getting this guy and blacklisting his BVN is simple.
Going to his bank with a bankers order from a high court will get his account blocked and a memo for his arrest placed on the account anytime he visits any of the branches.
Through his BVN,other accounts can be unveiled, who knows the fraudster might be reading our post.

11 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2022
Op is not serious! Sympathy won’t get the crook arrested, good nairalanders have gone miles to get you the full details used in registration of the vehicle, you have his account details, address, phone nos, yet no update on how you have used law enforcement to track him or placed a lieu on his account, maybe nairalanders should also come and do that for you. No wonder he was able to outsmart you, How can someone I don’t know where he lives just give me his words on my over #2m? So you cannot give police 40k to track him via his phone nos, you cannot give police the details you have gotten so far to trace him to that address and arrest even his fowl, you cannot get a post no debit order on his accounts?

18 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Springboot: 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
This is sad! To say the least, when I say most Nigerians are fraudulent, their fellow fraudsters would attack me on this forum, OP, sorry about your loss but I don't think it's really gone, he will be caught, I believe by now you should have his bank statements showing where he transfered the funds to.

I don't blame you at all because I've also trusted somone with a Corolla last year without contacting his gurrantor or visiting his house but he never defaulted with the HP agreement. I guess I was just lucky.

For now the most important thing is your health and the only way you can have peace is paying the owner, what are the conditions of the loan that you can't meet? Is it interest or you don't have a good collateral? If it's interest, I can assist you with a no interest loan if you have collateral, I want to believe you already raised some funds, how much is remaining? May God see you through this.

6 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Springboot: 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
princeeze1:
Op is not serious! Sympathy won’t get the crook arrested, good nairalanders have gone miles to get you the full details used in registration of the vehicle, you have his account details, address, phone nos, yet no update on how you have used law enforcement to track him or placed a lieu on his account, maybe nairalanders should also come and do that for you. No wonder he was able to outsmart you, How can someone I don’t know where he lives just give me his words on my over #2m? So you cannot give police 40k to track him via his phone nos, you cannot give police the details you have gotten so far to trace him to that address and arrest even his fowl, you cannot get a post no debit order on his accounts?

Can you stop blaming the OP pleaee. If you need more information you can contact him, putting all he's doing here can put the criminal steps ahead of him, I am sure police would have also told him he made a mistake by posting anything online including pictures or whatever, he should have done his investigations with police and he can post pictures and other information after apprehending the b@star*d, there's little the people online can help you do, most of them are only entertained by reading the stories.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Zhirinovsky: 9:11am On Jan 29, 2022
Theres an 80% chance he is in the country. He's just lieing to make you accept the loss and move on.

Please I hope the police are on him now. Also with his bank details, bank etc the police can get him. Jut keep tan with the police unit on his trail
Do not message him again please. It is now beyond a case of N2.3M. That guy has proofed to be a very dangerous criminal and he can kill.
Ensure you get your clients money from him once arrested, your expenses, emotional, personal and health trauma he caused you. Get a good lawyer once he is caught.
People are very wicked and evil. Ensure he pays atleast x2 of your losses + some time in a police cell.
nlugliest:
On 18th January, 2022, I needed a car for a customer then decided to check on an online market JIJI, after searching through the various adverts, I saw one 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA with registration number AKD697HG posted by PRINCE TOYESHE (his jiji username) that seems to match up with my customer's standards then decided to put a call through to the number 08143744013 attached to the advert, I spoke with the poster about my interest in the vehicle he had placed for sale and he assured me he is the rightful owner, we then agreed to meet at a location for inspection and possible payment after all due diligence. We agreed to meet at a popular gas station along Akala express in IBADAN, then I left work for the venue when I got there, placed a call to him to notify him of my arrival and he asked me to give him some minutes that he will catch up with me. After waiting for about 30 minutes, he showed up with the car and apologised for keeping me waiting for that long. Then inspection began forthwith, I was satisfied with the condition the car was and asked him if I could test drive, he obliged, he entered into the passengerside and I sat in the driver seat, then he showed me the security around the step board area, started the vehicle and drove it out of the gas station to the main road and back to the gas station. I then proceed to ask for the vehicle documents which he provided the photocopy and said he didn't come with the original for security purpose, went through the papers and I asked him if the name on the document was his own, he said yes and further buttress his point by showing me his driver's license whose name corresponds with that on the vehicle papers, then I began to have confidence in his claim of being the rightful owner of the vehicle, so at that point negotiation began, his asking price was 2,350,000NGN, after minutes of bargaining we resulted on 2,220,000NGN, then I asked how he like to be paid and he said a transfer will be preferred. Immediately initiated an online transfer using my phone via my bank app to his Zenith Bank Account number 2253315049 which brought the name KOLADE TOSIN AGBOOLA as written in the vehicle document, after a successful transfer, showed him all evidence of payment and he said he has not gotten a credit alert and I suggest he checks his account using his bank app and he did and I saw his 10000 plus balance so we waited in the car for a while then he said he needed to eat and we left the gas station with the car. We got to the canteen, he went inside but i stood on the road side close to the car, he later came outside and he said I should borrow him 1000NGN that he was out of cash and I obliged, gave him the money and he went back inside the canteen and I was still standing outside with my eyes glued to the car. After few minutes he stepped out and we embarked and drove back to the gas station. This time we did not sit in the car, we parked the car in the gas station and we sat at a lounge just beside the gas station and he ordered beer and offered me but i said i do not take beer, we sat at the same table where we had random conversations where he told he stays in FRANCE amongst other things. However, he later said he wants to use the toilet, left and came back to meet me at the table. After waiting several hours, I told him to check his app which he did and showed me the money in it this time was 30000NGN plus but since the increase was nowhere close to what I was expecting it didn't raise an eye brow. In the evening, we both agreed to meet the next day to go to our respective banks to address the issue, I asked where he lives and said Apata then I left for work to close for the day after i have already taken his picture and done a covert video. When I got home that evening, i noticed he has closed the advert and deactivated his profile, immediately I began to smell dead rat, I put a call through, picked and told me he has not seen the alert that once he does, at dawn he will call me to bring the car down to anywhere I am. His statement revamped my confidence but i went to bed feeling I goofed.
The following day 19th January, 2022, I called around 7am to know if he has gotten the money and he said no then I told him we should go to our respective banks together to get things all sorted out then i suggested we meet at CHALLENGE where virtually all banks has a branch by 9am, got there past 8am and notified him of my arrival and he said he will be with me shortly, then i rushed into my bank and complained they told me the beneficiary got the fund. When it was 9am, I called severally and he later picked to tell me he is in Ojoo Military Barrack to see his uncle that he will meet with me by 11am that he should be done with his uncle by then, my heart has started racing, I stood in the sun till 11am and put several calls through that he ignored while he sends sms "Arrive Soon" and he later picked in the afternoon around past 2pm and said he was sorry that he couldn't finish with his uncle on time that where am I? I said I am in dugbe heading to the STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT in Iyaganku Ibadan, he then said it is not up to that he would have called me if he had seen the money that we should meet at the bank then i headed to the nearest Zenith Bank and told him to meet me there which he told me he was on his way, i got to the bank past 2pm and waited for his arrival and never showed up till 4pm when i didn't have a choice than to leave. I have not seen him since we departed neither has he refunded me my customer's money. His number has stopped going through but he occasionally responds to my chats via WhatsApp, then chatted me yesterday 22nd January 2022 that he has travelled out of the country that i should not waste my money on police or searching for him. That was how trust for humans has subjected me to very big problem as the owner of the money is highly disappointed and craving for his money. I am currently on hospital bed as my heart has never stopped racing and currently feeling partial cramp in my both legs and severe migraine coupled with serious mental trauma.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let discus overheating And general radiator cooling system ! / How To Read Your Spark Plugs / Generator Knocked Engine - Repair Or Replace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.