Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam (8511 Views)

Get 5% Off Car Engine Via Car Parts Nigeria / SPECIAL SALE! Get 5% Off Car Engine Via Car Parts Nigeria / Get 5% Discount Off Tire Purchase Via Car Parts Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Thefarmer3: 11:17pm On Feb 11, 2022
nlugliest:
I want to thank everyone for your love, prayers and help during my struggle to get my client's money back from the scammer Kolade Tosin Agboola, I got my balance from his brother today around 3pm. I pray we never fall victim to scammers and may our various means of making ends meet never be truncated by swindlers. Thank you very much nairalanders, the calibre of people found here makes me still feel this country can be great again. May we all never fall from the height of greatness we have attained and continue to soar in greatness. I love you all.

Lessons learnt.

I am so happy for you sir. And I also appreciate you for the updates, I have learnt a lot from your experience sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by noobody(m): 1:27am On Feb 12, 2022
nlugliest:
I want to thank everyone for your love, prayers and help during my struggle to get my client's money back from the scammer Kolade Tosin Agboola, I got my balance from his brother today around 3pm. I pray we never fall victim to scammers and may our various means of making ends meet never be truncated by swindlers. Thank you very much nairalanders, the calibre of people found here makes me still feel this country can be great again. May we all never fall from the height of greatness we have attained and continue to soar in greatness. I love you all.

Lessons learnt.

Great news!cheers

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Arysexy(m): 6:50am On Feb 12, 2022
Thanks be to God. The scammer will meet his waterloo soon

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Grupo(m): 6:55am On Feb 12, 2022
nlugliest:

Lessons learnt.

Wow. This sounds incredible.

I am so happy for you, brother.

Even though I don't even know you. Just happy you have gotten your money back.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by noobody(m): 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
nlugliest:
On 18th January, 2022, I needed a car for a customer then decided to check on an online market JIJI, after searching through the various adverts, I saw one 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA with registration number AKD697HG posted by PRINCE TOYESHE (his jiji username) that seems to match up with my customer's standards then decided to put a call through to the number 08143744013 attached to the advert, I spoke with the poster about my interest in the vehicle he had placed for sale and he assured me he is the rightful owner, we then agreed to meet at a location for inspection and possible payment after all due diligence. We agreed to meet at a popular gas station along Akala express in IBADAN, then I left work for the venue when I got there, placed a call to him to notify him of my arrival and he asked me to give him some minutes that he will catch up with me. After waiting for about 30 minutes, he showed up with the car and apologised for keeping me waiting for that long. Then inspection began forthwith, I was satisfied with the condition the car was and asked him if I could test drive, he obliged, he entered into the passengerside and I sat in the driver seat, then he showed me the security around the step board area, started the vehicle and drove it out of the gas station to the main road and back to the gas station. I then proceed to ask for the vehicle documents which he provided the photocopy and said he didn't come with the original for security purpose, went through the papers and I asked him if the name on the document was his own, he said yes and further buttress his point by showing me his driver's license whose name corresponds with that on the vehicle papers, then I began to have confidence in his claim of being the rightful owner of the vehicle, so at that point negotiation began, his asking price was 2,350,000NGN, after minutes of bargaining we resulted on 2,220,000NGN, then I asked how he like to be paid and he said a transfer will be preferred. Immediately initiated an online transfer using my phone via my bank app to his Zenith Bank Account number 2253315049 which brought the name KOLADE TOSIN AGBOOLA as written in the vehicle document, after a successful transfer, showed him all evidence of payment and he said he has not gotten a credit alert and I suggest he checks his account using his bank app and he did and I saw his 10000 plus balance so we waited in the car for a while then he said he needed to eat and we left the gas station with the car. We got to the canteen, he went inside but i stood on the road side close to the car, he later came outside and he said I should borrow him 1000NGN that he was out of cash and I obliged, gave him the money and he went back inside the canteen and I was still standing outside with my eyes glued to the car. After few minutes he stepped out and we embarked and drove back to the gas station. This time we did not sit in the car, we parked the car in the gas station and we sat at a lounge just beside the gas station and he ordered beer and offered me but i said i do not take beer, we sat at the same table where we had random conversations where he told he stays in FRANCE amongst other things. However, he later said he wants to use the toilet, left and came back to meet me at the table. After waiting several hours, I told him to check his app which he did and showed me the money in it this time was 30000NGN plus but since the increase was nowhere close to what I was expecting it didn't raise an eye brow. In the evening, we both agreed to meet the next day to go to our respective banks to address the issue, I asked where he lives and said Apata then I left for work to close for the day after i have already taken his picture and done a covert video. When I got home that evening, i noticed he has closed the advert and deactivated his profile, immediately I began to smell dead rat, I put a call through, picked and told me he has not seen the alert that once he does, at dawn he will call me to bring the car down to anywhere I am. His statement revamped my confidence but i went to bed feeling I goofed.
The following day 19th January, 2022, I called around 7am to know if he has gotten the money and he said no then I told him we should go to our respective banks together to get things all sorted out then i suggested we meet at CHALLENGE where virtually all banks has a branch by 9am, got there past 8am and notified him of my arrival and he said he will be with me shortly, then i rushed into my bank and complained they told me the beneficiary got the fund. When it was 9am, I called severally and he later picked to tell me he is in Ojoo Military Barrack to see his uncle that he will meet with me by 11am that he should be done with his uncle by then, my heart has started racing, I stood in the sun till 11am and put several calls through that he ignored while he sends sms "Arrive Soon" and he later picked in the afternoon around past 2pm and said he was sorry that he couldn't finish with his uncle on time that where am I? I said I am in dugbe heading to the STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT in Iyaganku Ibadan, he then said it is not up to that he would have called me if he had seen the money that we should meet at the bank then i headed to the nearest Zenith Bank and told him to meet me there which he told me he was on his way, i got to the bank past 2pm and waited for his arrival and never showed up till 4pm when i didn't have a choice than to leave. I have not seen him since we departed neither has he refunded me my customer's money. His number has stopped going through but he occasionally responds to my chats via WhatsApp, then chatted me yesterday 22nd January 2022 that he has travelled out of the country that i should not waste my money on police or searching for him. That was how trust for humans has subjected me to very big problem as the owner of the money is highly disappointed and craving for his money. I am currently on hospital bed as my heart has never stopped racing and currently feeling partial cramp in my both legs and severe migraine coupled with serious mental trauma.

Please do not take this down!! Let it be a stain on his record forever,anyone that does a Google search of him would be directed to this thread.

Do no listen to anyone's plea to take down his details and pictures.

This is what a simple search of his account number brought up on Google.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by iHart(m): 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
nlugliest:

Lessons learnt.
congratulations op,

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by id4sho(m): 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
nlugliest:

Lessons learnt.
Seun Marpol Mynd44 OAM4J

This guy was duped of 2,220,000NGN for a corolla he bought from a family gang of criminals. He has finally got his money back. Front page pls

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Nezzjnr: 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Congrats OP

Cc Izzou

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by izzou(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2022
Nezzjnr:
Congrats OP

I see am. Really happy for him.

But I still wish the family of thieves were apprehended and prosecuted.

Dem go don carry that Corolla, move to another state, dey advertise

9 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2022
E sure for me say this OP no be igbo guy, confirm omo igbo no fit fall mugu on top car purchase like this, my eastern brothers too smart die.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Mkelv0106(m): 5:51pm On Feb 12, 2022
Thank God you've gotten ur money back OP.
Next time, be very careful and don't trust too much.. They're supposed to add compensation money to d money dey paid you, for all d stress dey made you pass 2ru, d customer dey caused you and almost give you HBP too.

8 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Alvin007: 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
[s]
ucsparks:
E sure for me say this OP no be igbo guy, confirm omo igbo no fit fall mugu on top car purchase like this, my eastern brothers too smart die.
[/s]
The way y’all manage to bring tribalism into everything, sucks. angry

11 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Nezzjnr: 10:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
izzou:

I see am. Really happy for him.

But I still wish the family of thieves were apprehended and prosecuted.

Dem go don carry that Corolla, move to another state, dey advertise
It's so sad.

I pray he gets apprehended one day

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by FILEBE(m): 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
nlugliest:

Lessons learnt.

Hope you are fine now? Mentally and physically? Just relax and be happy . I would hate that this affects your health . Glad you got your money back

People are just damn wicked. People!! I could understand how easy it could be for one to trust people. I have this belief that since I didn't hurt anyone one , I don't think anyone would hurt me. I know it is a lie. So, I always fight that thought in my dealings. These people just makes it difficult doing business online .
And this scammer will one day start preaching or condemning Nigerians.

We should have a database of scammers in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by FILEBE(m): 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
Nezzjnr:

It's so sad.

I pray he gets apprehended one day

As in ehn. Even though money has been paid I still wished he got caught and disciplined . If the OP didn't do all he could , that's how he would have eloped without a trace.
What if it was done to someone who isn't educated ?

Humans are wicked

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by ospreywin(m): 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
It's soothing to the heart to hear of the progress on this.... Cheers
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by xperiencelove(m): 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
Glory be to God.
nlugliest:

Lessons learnt.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by ZooCountry45: 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
Grupo:

Juju doesn't work. He will just waste more money.

What you don't know is bigger than you

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Grupo(m): 9:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
ZooCountry45:

What you don't know is bigger than you

Let's test your juju. We'll do it this way.

Send me like 500k. And then use your juju to make me refund you.

Put your money where your mouth is. And if you can't do that, go and sit down.

7 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by iHart(m): 10:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
Grupo:

Let's test your juju. We'll do it this way.

Send me like 500k. And then use your juju to make me refund you.

Put your money where your mouth is. And if you can't do that, go and sit down.
grin grin grin, I can't wait to see the outcome of this experiment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Grupo(m): 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
iHart:
grin grin grin, I can't wait to see the outcome of this experiment

He won't do it. He knows he will lose his money.

This challenge is also open to other purveyors of juju.

If you are so certain your juju works, send me 500k and use your juju powers to make me refund you.

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by loanky: 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
izzou:
I really feel so sad about your predicament. This is painful

I always carry out any transaction involving large sums in a banking hall. If you had insisted on going to the bank, he would have either sold the car, or declined.

Also, nobody pays for a car without seeing the original documents. If he didn't bring the original, how would you have claimed ownership?

Lastly, always take someone along when dealing with strangers. It could be your friend, girlfriend, colleague, mechanic, wife.... anybody. There could be signs that you may ignore, but it could trigger the instincts of your partner.

I pray he is apprehended and killed.

Killed? Bros, you no nice o, haba! grin
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by asaajuomo1(m): 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
Congrats on the recovery of your fund.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by fineboynl(m): 5:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
Look like the car was really cheap and that why you easily fall for it.

If you afford to buy a car for 2.2m you shouldn't have done it on road side with someone you really don't know. He said he didn't see the transfer and you go home to relax.

He was only buying time when he keep saying he didn't receive the transfer.

The guy is still in the country. He hasn't traveled out.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Cloven22: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
Guy I'm really happy for you o. You really went through a lot. Kolade and co are bastards embarassed embarassed
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by OmodavidoX(m): 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
So happy for you bro.

A lot of scammers are out there this days with different tactics daily. Let’s all endeavor to be very careful and cautious with all our online dealings this days.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by fineboynl(m): 10:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
nlugliest:

Lessons learnt.
thank you God. The guy was not wise. He is a yahoo boy. He just wanted to do you local. You have dent your records with car sales.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Sammy101111(m): 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
When dealing with people in Ibadan you need to be very careful they are very smart .
Ibadan is a place where local scammers stays and survive for years with out traces.Ibadan is very big and wide to catch person there no easy .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dumb Cars Will Be Dead In The Long Run. Only Smart Cars Will Survive / Overheating Problem With My Isuzu Rodeo / The 2018 Edition Of Bimmerfest Held In Grand Style (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.