Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam (8561 Views)

Get 5% Off Car Engine Via Car Parts Nigeria / SPECIAL SALE! Get 5% Off Car Engine Via Car Parts Nigeria / Get 5% Discount Off Tire Purchase Via Car Parts Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by ORIAYO70(m): 2:52pm On Jan 29, 2022
nlugliest:
On 18th January, 2022, I needed a car for a customer then decided to check on an online market JIJI, after searching through the various adverts, I saw one 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA with registration number AKD697HG posted by PRINCE TOYESHE (his jiji username) that seems to match up with my customer's standards then decided to put a call through to the number 08143744013 attached to the advert, I spoke with the poster about my interest in the vehicle he had placed for sale and he assured me he is the rightful owner, we then agreed to meet at a location for inspection and possible payment after all due diligence. We agreed to meet at a popular gas station along Akala express in IBADAN, then I left work for the venue when I got there, placed a call to him to notify him of my arrival and he asked me to give him some minutes that he will catch up with me. After waiting for about 30 minutes, he showed up with the car and apologised for keeping me waiting for that long. Then inspection began forthwith, I was satisfied with the condition the car was and asked him if I could test drive, he obliged, he entered into the passengerside and I sat in the driver seat, then he showed me the security around the step board area, started the vehicle and drove it out of the gas station to the main road and back to the gas station. I then proceed to ask for the vehicle documents which he provided the photocopy and said he didn't come with the original for security purpose, went through the papers and I asked him if the name on the document was his own, he said yes and further buttress his point by showing me his driver's license whose name corresponds with that on the vehicle papers, then I began to have confidence in his claim of being the rightful owner of the vehicle, so at that point negotiation began, his asking price was 2,350,000NGN, after minutes of bargaining we resulted on 2,220,000NGN, then I asked how he like to be paid and he said a transfer will be preferred. Immediately initiated an online transfer using my phone via my bank app to his Zenith Bank Account number 2253315049 which brought the name KOLADE TOSIN AGBOOLA as written in the vehicle document, after a successful transfer, showed him all evidence of payment and he said he has not gotten a credit alert and I suggest he checks his account using his bank app and he did and I saw his 10000 plus balance so we waited in the car for a while then he said he needed to eat and we left the gas station with the car. We got to the canteen, he went inside but i stood on the road side close to the car, he later came outside and he said I should borrow him 1000NGN that he was out of cash and I obliged, gave him the money and he went back inside the canteen and I was still standing outside with my eyes glued to the car. After few minutes he stepped out and we embarked and drove back to the gas station. This time we did not sit in the car, we parked the car in the gas station and we sat at a lounge just beside the gas station and he ordered beer and offered me but i said i do not take beer, we sat at the same table where we had random conversations where he told he stays in FRANCE amongst other things. However, he later said he wants to use the toilet, left and came back to meet me at the table. After waiting several hours, I told him to check his app which he did and showed me the money in it this time was 30000NGN plus but since the increase was nowhere close to what I was expecting it didn't raise an eye brow. In the evening, we both agreed to meet the next day to go to our respective banks to address the issue, I asked where he lives and said Apata then I left for work to close for the day after i have already taken his picture and done a covert video. When I got home that evening, i noticed he has closed the advert and deactivated his profile, immediately I began to smell dead rat, I put a call through, picked and told me he has not seen the alert that once he does, at dawn he will call me to bring the car down to anywhere I am. His statement revamped my confidence but i went to bed feeling I goofed.
The following day 19th January, 2022, I called around 7am to know if he has gotten the money and he said no then I told him we should go to our respective banks together to get things all sorted out then i suggested we meet at CHALLENGE where virtually all banks has a branch by 9am, got there past 8am and notified him of my arrival and he said he will be with me shortly, then i rushed into my bank and complained they told me the beneficiary got the fund. When it was 9am, I called severally and he later picked to tell me he is in Ojoo Military Barrack to see his uncle that he will meet with me by 11am that he should be done with his uncle by then, my heart has started racing, I stood in the sun till 11am and put several calls through that he ignored while he sends sms "Arrive Soon" and he later picked in the afternoon around past 2pm and said he was sorry that he couldn't finish with his uncle on time that where am I? I said I am in dugbe heading to the STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT in Iyaganku Ibadan, he then said it is not up to that he would have called me if he had seen the money that we should meet at the bank then i headed to the nearest Zenith Bank and told him to meet me there which he told me he was on his way, i got to the bank past 2pm and waited for his arrival and never showed up till 4pm when i didn't have a choice than to leave. I have not seen him since we departed neither has he refunded me my customer's money. His number has stopped going through but he occasionally responds to my chats via WhatsApp, then chatted me yesterday 22nd January 2022 that he has travelled out of the country that i should not waste my money on police or searching for him. That was how trust for humans has subjected me to very big problem as the owner of the money is highly disappointed and craving for his money. I am currently on hospital bed as my heart has never stopped racing and currently feeling partial cramp in my both legs and severe migraine coupled with serious mental trauma.

Hahahaha Nigerians
Hahhahah Nigerians
Hahahahha Nigerians

Bros u r very Stup*d
How dare allow him to go.

You would have entered a nearest bank. And do the transfer inside the bank, the manager would have confirmed that the money is inside his account...

Let him travel he shall returned with nothing

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Kingdemu: 3:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
ORIAYO70:

Hahahaha Nigerians
Hahhahah Nigerians
Hahahahha Nigerians

Bros u r very Stup*d
How dare allow him to go.

You would have entered a nearest bank. And do the transfer inside the bank, the manager would have confirmed that the money is inside his account...

Let him travel he shall returned with nothing
You are more stup1d for being this insensitive.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Grupo(m): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2022
The truth is that at this point, it will only take the grace of God for OP to recover his money from the criminal.

Even if you catch the thief today, he might have spent the money. Criminals are known for extravagant spending. That's why they steal by the way.

I also doubt that the car belongs to the thief.

Sadly, getting a court order to place a PND on the thief's account is not that easy. It takes time.

At this point, I only wish the OP luck.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by ORIAYO70(m): 6:21pm On Jan 29, 2022
lipsrsealed
Kingdemu:
You are more stup1d for being such insensitive.

It's seems u r demented
U can see how I abbreviated it,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by soloehis(m): 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2022
Go to road safty or vehicle licencing office they will help u with his address..make sure u file a police report and have his account flagged..this is sad indeed

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by alphabbey1(m): 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
Eager to know how OP want to refund 2.2m Naira within 4 days....

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by kernniejay(m): 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2022
OP, pls don't ever give up, I want this basterd son of a bitch fished out and dealt with heavily. You can take the plate number to FRSC office to run a check and get you the address of the owner. That should give you some traces of his whereabouts. I don't believe he travelled out, he only said so to make you turn back and give up. You can also go to his bank with his photo and account details and report the incident, let them give you the contact/address on that account you transferred to. You may need a police report for this. Meanwhile, publish all these details you posted here and his photos, on all social media platforms, let him trend for his criminal action. Dont forget to report in DSS and EFCC offices too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Fredoh(m): 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2022
[quote author=nlugliest post=109631258]That is the picture of the guy who robbed me of my peace and subjected me to immense pain. I will appreciate any help to find him.

Below are the pictures of the car

OP I’m not going to start describing how you made mistake cos I believe you’ve realised it by now.
What matters to you the most now is getting your money which isn’t actually yours.

You’ve taken the steps already by reporting him as well as taking his pictures.

As suggested, make sure you post and broadcast him in all conceivable social media.
Meanwhile have you reported to EFCC?

It’s not the best to beg such mother-fuckers in the name of God or telling him you’ve been hospitalised - they have no remorse!
Such people kill for money and don’t give a shit about your well-being! If anything, they interpret it as you’re clueless.

I like transfer well well, but I’ve learned from your experience!

I sincerely wish you Good luck in getting your money back!

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Alvin007: 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
Where’s op?
Any update?
I hope he is safe though.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
I want to thank everyone for your concerns over my present predicament. I have gotten a loan with stringent payback conditions to refund my client, which I did yesterday and he has withdrawn the case from the police. Sincerely, I really appreciate all the vital information made available to me on this haven of humane individuals as they have helped a great deal.
On 20th of January, I was able to locate the address attached to the vehicle plate number details but unfortunately, I was told he moved out of the house few weeks ago and all efforts to retrieve helpful information from neighbours fell on their deaf ears after multiple trials and visitations.
On 22nd of January, late in the evening, i got a credit alert of 500,000NGN from him with the transaction receipt sent to me via WhatsApp and he said he has started refunding my 2,220,000NGN I sent for the purchase of the vehicle that he never acknowledged to have seen.
Having banked on the information made available here, I was able to get the contact of his associate whom I called and swiftly accused me of vilifying my friend on social media immediately i introduced myself, he said he had discussed with him that he said we are friends that he borrowed the sum of 2,220,000NGN from me to clear some goods that he has even returned 500,000NGN out of the money, that was when I realized what prompted him to send the 500,000NGN in the first place.
I explained how everything went and made him understand that I haven’t met Kolade before in my life until the day of our transaction, he asked me to affirm if I got the 500,000NGN and I said yes then we agreed to discuss with me on WhatsApp, after proving beyond reasonable doubt with all the evidences I have, he sympathised with me and told me to give him time to talk to him.
He got back to me with Kolade brother’s number and also told me that he has spoken to Kolade himself, I tried reaching Kolade’s brother but his number wasn’t available throughout that day, on the 27th of January, Kolade sent another 300,000NGN as part of the refund which i believe was prompted by his associate's pressure and it annoys me further that he wasn't refunding me as the money was sent from me.
On the 28th of January, I finally got through to Kolade’s brother and he told me that Kolade said he has not seen the alert of the money I sent that when he does he will hand over the car, also said he can assure me that the car is still in Ibadan and said he was going to call me back, when he did, he asked if I have gotten 800,000NGN and i said yes then I asked him why Kolade sent 800,000NGN if truly he hasn’t seen the 2,220,000NGN I sent to him? then he made excuses for him and said there big brother will call me.
Lo and behold, their big brother finally did and he also made excuses for him as well, then brokered another round of negotiations on his behalf saying I should add 80,000NGN to the initial mutually agreed price (2,220,000NGN) and send 880k to him then he will make arrangements on how I will get the vehicle, I declined that I will not make any additional payment until the vehicle is in sight, he tried convincing me but I held my position so he then said someone is coming to buy the car for 2.5m on the 31st January that they will send my balance but I have not since heard from them neither have they picked my calls. I have recorded conversation of myself and his brothers and also a picture of his international passport.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by alphabbey1(m): 9:46pm On Feb 04, 2022
Alvin007:
Where’s op?
Any update?
I hope he is safe though.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by izzou(m): 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
Why are you trying to beg them to refund you?

Just get a court order for a lien to be placed on his BVN.

Even if you travel to Antarctica, they would come there and beg you to take your money.

See as dem dey use you play angry

15 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by id4sho(m): 10:10pm On Feb 04, 2022
nlugliest:
I want to thank everyone for your concerns over my present predicament. I have gotten a loan with stringent payback conditions to refund my client, which I did yesterday and he has withdrawn the case from the police. Sincerely, I really appreciate all the vital information made available to me on this haven of humane individuals as they have helped a great deal.
On 20th of January, I was able to locate the address attached to the vehicle plate number details but unfortunately, I was told he moved out of the house few weeks ago and all efforts to retrieve helpful information from neighbours fell on their deaf ears after multiple trials and visitations.
On 22nd of January, late in the evening, i got a credit alert of 500,000NGN from him with the transaction receipt sent to me via WhatsApp and he said he has started refunding my 2,220,000NGN I sent for the purchase of the vehicle that he never acknowledged to have seen.
Having banked on the information made available here, I was able to get the contact of his associate whom I called and swiftly accused me of vilifying my friend on social media immediately i introduced myself, he said he had discussed with him that he said we are friends that he borrowed the sum of 2,220,000NGN from me to clear some goods that he has even returned 500,000NGN out of the money, that was when I realized what prompted him to send the 500,000NGN in the first place.
I explained how everything went and made him understand that I haven’t met Kolade before in my life until the day of our transaction, he asked me to affirm if I got the 500,000NGN and I said yes then we agreed to discuss with me on WhatsApp, after proving beyond reasonable doubt with all the evidences I have, he sympathised with me and told me to give him time to talk to him.
He got back to me with Kolade brother’s number and also told me that he has spoken to Kolade himself, I tried reaching Kolade’s brother but his number wasn’t available throughout that day, on the 27th of January, Kolade sent another 300,000NGN as part of the refund which i believe was prompted by his associate's pressure and it annoys me further that he wasn't refunding me as the money was sent from me.
On the 28th of January, I finally got through to Kolade’s brother and he told me that Kolade said he has not seen the alert of the money I sent that when he does he will hand over the car, also said he can assure me that the car is still in Ibadan and said he was going to call me back, when he did, he asked if I have gotten 800,000NGN and i said yes then I asked him why Kolade sent 800,000NGN if truly he hasn’t seen the 2,220,000NGN I sent to him? then he made excuses for him and said there big brother will call me.
Lo and behold, their big brother finally did and he also made excuses for him as well, then brokered another round of negotiations on his behalf saying I should add 80,000NGN to the initial mutually agreed price (2,220,000NGN) and send 880k to him then he will make arrangements on how I will get the vehicle, I declined that I will not make any additional payment until the vehicle is in sight, he tried convincing me but I held my position so he then said someone is coming to buy the car for 2.5m on the 31st January that they will send my balance but I have not since heard from them neither have they picked my calls. I have recorded conversation of myself and his brothers and also a picture of his international passport.
Deal with them ruthlessly. I repeat ''RUTHLESSLY''

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by revcompaty(m): 1:04am On Feb 05, 2022
Isn't Kolade the most benevolent individual upon the face of the earth? lipsrsealed
Refunding #800k as part refund for the money he never recieved. wink grin cheesy smiley

1st brother made excuse for his criminal brother.

2nd brother (elder brother) decided to pull another fast one by asking OP to add 80k to the almost ghosted #2.2m after making excuse also for same criminal brother

My submission...indeed scam and criminality runs in the family.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by noobody(m): 7:07am On Feb 05, 2022
revcompaty:
Isn't Kolade the most benevolent individual upon the face of the earth? lipsrsealed
Refunding #800k as part refund for the money he never recieved. wink grin cheesy smiley

1st brother made excuse for his criminal brother.

2nd brother (elder brother) decided to pull another fast one by asking OP to add 80k to the almost ghosted #2.2m after making excuse also for same criminal brother

My submission...indeed scam and criminality runs in the family.

My exact tots,they are seriously playing on the OP desperation.infact I see no reason why he is entertaining discusion with any of the related family members,if he has gotten the bother arrested,that one would force him to produce the scammer or refund the full amount,all this rubbish stories na pure scam and simply format,if he recieves any amount more than this 800k+,he should count him self lucky.

8 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Grupo(m): 7:13am On Feb 05, 2022
This story is unfolding in a very interesting way.

At this point, OP is not only dealing with a thief, but he's also dealing with the entirety of a criminally minded family.

I suggest the OP should take out like 100k and use it to pursue all the necessary legal steps that will help him root out the criminal and his family members.

12 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 05, 2022
Op, are they not communicating with you using phone numbers? Enter state police headquarters, they will track any of the numbers for you and make arrests. No matter how we vilify police they can be very efficient when they really want to work. You should be ready to spend some money, max 40-50k. This people may end up paying another tranche and thereafter refuse paying up the balance.

13 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by iHart(m): 10:37am On Feb 05, 2022
OP, I thought by now you must have flagged his BVN and account? What are you still waiting for? Use the money they sent you to pursue the case, flag the account. Him and his criminal gang will pay heavily for damage.

7 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Mkelv0106(m): 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
Oh God, my blood just dey boil as I dey read wetin dey play wit Op and this people. Why d Op dull like this na. Dey won even run you street ontop d one dem don do b4. So the same person wen tell you say he don travel outta d country make you no bother look for, naim still dey send you money inside Naija..Go state CID, part with like 50k, e go surprise say Naija police go work pass Jack Bauer catch this guy. Op you better agile, cause this guy's nvr take you serious yet

12 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by revcompaty(m): 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
Grupo:
This story is unfolding in a very interesting way.

At this point, OP is not only dealing with a thief, but he's also dealing with the entirety of a criminally minded family.

I suggest the OP should take out like 100k and use it to pursue all the necessary legal steps that will help him root out the criminal and his family members.
As in full blooded....soon they will introduce OP to Kolade's parents. smiley
One sad reality is Kolade might be planning to scam another victim, then send OP small change again from the proceed since there's an acclaimed buyer coming soon. grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Elsueno: 8:56am On Feb 06, 2022
I am learning
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by MARKone(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2022
OP, as you can see, this is a family of thieves, the want to rescam you again and in all this they didn't apologize, instead the are making excuses for a cold hearted thief. Just be careful, and watch your back, this goes to show that the dude dey naija, Bro if na me, I will sacrifice 50 -100k, give police, they know how to go pick up the brothers, and they will cough out the remaining balance, and pay for damages sef.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by obisite: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Even op sef is dulling the matter, flag all their numbers, details to social media.. Report case to EFCC, All of them will be running kitikiti katakata to pull off the case, they go pay extra expenses made on case join before I go withdraw case sef grin
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Ozorosita: 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
OP, do not waste any further time in dealing with this criminal minded bastard filled family. Get the idiots account flagged!
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by ZooCountry45: 3:48am On Feb 09, 2022
So sorry op but you don't deserve to live in Nigeria. You have a good heart..
These scammers are well protected that even police might not arrest them..

If you just ignored them and use juju to let them know what's up, they will refund the whole money..

The money might not be complete to 2m.

Thr dad truth is that yuu will be SCAMMED AGAIN IN NIGERIA.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by ZooCountry45: 3:49am On Feb 09, 2022
obisite:
Even op sef is dulling the matter, flag all their numbers, details to social media.. Report case to EFCC, All of them will be running kitikiti katakata to pull off the case, they go pay extra expenses made on case join before I go withdraw case sef grin

Thaes guys might have Efcc contact.

These country na zoo
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by iHart(m): 8:13am On Feb 09, 2022
ZooCountry45:

Thaes guys might have Efcc contact.

These country na zoo
EFCC contact can not help them. Op has overwhelming evidence to nail them.

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Grupo(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2022
ZooCountry45:
So sorry op but you don't deserve to live in Nigeria. You have a good heart..
These scammers are well protected that even police might not arrest them..

If you just ignored them and use juju to let them know what's up, they will refund the whole money..

The money might not be complete to 2m.

Thr dad truth is that yuu will be SCAMMED AGAIN IN NIGERIA.

Juju doesn't work. He will just waste more money.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by neutralmind: 12:51am On Feb 10, 2022
What is the latest?
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2022
I want to thank everyone for your love, prayers and help during my struggle to get my client's money back from the scammer Kolade Tosin Agboola, I got my balance from his brother today around 3pm. I pray we never fall victim to scammers and may our various means of making ends meet never be truncated by swindlers. Thank you very much nairalanders, the calibre of people found here makes me still feel this country can be great again. May we all never fall from the height of greatness we have attained and continue to soar in greatness. I love you all.

Lessons learnt.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by revcompaty(m): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2022
nlugliest:
I want to thank everyone for your love, prayers and help during my struggle to get my client's money back from the scammer Kolade Tosin Agboola, I got my balance from his brother today around 3pm. I pray we never fall victim to scammers and may our various means of making ends meet never be truncated by swindlers. Thank you very much nairalanders, the calibre of people found here makes me still feel this country can be great again. May we all never fall from the height of greatness we have attained and continue to soar in greatness. I love you all.

Lessons learnt.

Congratulations OP....@ least now you got to breath some air of freedom, eat and sleep well.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by okpeho(m): 10:42pm On Feb 11, 2022
nlugliest:

Lessons learnt.

@ OP, I have been following your thread for the past few weeks, I am so happy for you that you finally got your money back.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let discus overheating And general radiator cooling system ! / How To Read Your Spark Plugs / Generator Knocked Engine - Repair Or Replace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.