Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit (43194 Views)

Who Should Be The New Super Eagles Coach After Poseiro? / The Crowd That Came Out To Welcome Guinea After AFCON Outing / Super Eagles Team Sneaks Into Nigeria In Midnight Flight After AFCON Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by naija4life247: 7:23am On Jan 24, 2022
9182736455O1999:
May Buhari call your enemies this week

Amin l'oruko Jesu
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Justiceleague1: 7:23am On Jan 24, 2022
post=109640483:
Thanks for coming Augustine.

You gave your best, it wasn't just enough.

Nobody to blame, that is just football.
No need apportioning blames to any player right now.

We were all in Eldorado watching the first 3 games, (Who wouldn't?!)
but reality came to check all of us at the end.

We hope to be at the top of our game like in the Golden days of the Glorious Super Eagles of 1994.

God bless Nigeria.

Addendum : We wrote the below 3 hours before the game started last night,
We pray it doesn't happen,
But Alas!
Wishes are not horses that beggars could ride!

We Rise.
Go wia??!
grin grin grin

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Anazp: 7:23am On Jan 24, 2022
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Jalaw: 7:25am On Jan 24, 2022
Amen....
Buhari should call them.
9182736455O1999:
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Tvoice: 7:26am On Jan 24, 2022
The president made a call to dem and dis finally happened, anything way dat man touch dey spoil , chaii , d only thing wey bin dey give us hope baba still spoil am , I fear who nor fear dis man bad luck
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by McBishop2020: 7:26am On Jan 24, 2022
TrackerXL:
Na so igbo push this man till he enter gutter but who cares to hell with you n the hate your tribe as been promoting n projections at others.

Mumu.
Even in football?
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Richy4(m): 7:26am On Jan 24, 2022
Inspirer1:

You're right, they did a good job obstructing Simon
They made a perfect guess/ studied the super eagle's previous match...They knew that obviously, Simon will play in that wing, so they assigned two boys for him so that he will not move...and it worked..

That was also what Super Eagles did to Salah when they were playing with Egypt.. Salah did not touch the ball up to 9 times...

Maybe we also needed some good technical team as well.. as they are fishing for a competent goal keeper, they should also involve Nigerians who can read and study what was going on in field of play....

I guess they defeated the super eagles before they even started the march.... U can imagine the bragging right they have right now...It will be like assuming we did not have COVID issues, we would have given the 5 embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Igbodicool(m): 7:27am On Jan 24, 2022
Mission accomplished!

Nnam biko go home and rest.
Nigeria is irredeemable and don't kill yourself for it.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by oyeb15: 7:28am On Jan 24, 2022
Buhari badluck
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by voicephone: 7:33am On Jan 24, 2022
U said it all all and u still want him to continue as ur coach. Someone is clueless.cant change his approach to a games.

[ quote author=paulolee post=109639788]I wish him all d best, finally NFF don see enough reason to employ their white man n follow chop d fat salary wey dem go pay the new man.
i think it would be better for him to continue in dt post, he made some mistakes n dey were some tactially slacks from him last nite bt the most important tin I dt he gat d trust of the fans n it seems d players are all happy with him incharge
I expected anoda game plan last nite after his simon plan was hacked n bursted but he looked clueless n dt early second half goal exposed him n alos, him throwing subs without reading d game made Nigeria lost d game even before it ended..
I hope he av learned n dts life for us..[/quote]
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by tete7000(m): 7:34am On Jan 24, 2022
Since Buhari called Nigerians, Nigeria has not been the same. May God deliver the country from the evil and backward spirit called Buhari.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by stacyadams: 7:41am On Jan 24, 2022
fergie001:

I don't......He is good but he already had a job. The hype got into everybody and it looked like we already had the trophy...

I don't know where that was coming from? We learnt the hard way!
grin grin

Walai the hype

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Nehyooh(m): 7:46am On Jan 24, 2022
osazsky:
Bubu pls always call Tinubu twice a day till election date I have my reasons
grin
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by tonididdy(m): 8:00am On Jan 24, 2022
YoungLionken:
Patience is a virtue..

We still have world cup and we need your kind there...
World Cup wey never guarantee?
Like this so Ghana may laff last and hardest.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by freshboi88: 8:00am On Jan 24, 2022
Shey Una say Rhor no good. Rhor no get tactics, do u think Rhor would have lost to this Tunisian side?

What's special about this Tunisian side that eguavean abi wetin be him name could not beat. So they doubled and tripped up on the wingers and that was it.

We had no midfield ball carriers, who could go through the middle since the wings were not working. Once the wings were blocked, our build up was very slow, side to side passing, possession with no purpose.

We were tactically outplayed by a coach who knows what he is doing and has nothing to do with buhari
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by paulolee(m): 8:01am On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=voicephone post=109642177]U said it all all and u still want him to continue as ur coach. Someone is clueless.cant change his approach to a games.

[ quote author=paulolee post=109639788]I wish him all d best, finally NFF don see enough reason to employ their white man n follow chop d fat salary wey dem go pay the new man.
i think it would be better for him to continue in dt post, he made some mistakes n dey were some tactially slacks from him last nite bt the most important tin I dt he gat d trust of the fans n it seems d players are all happy with him incharge
I expected anoda game plan last nite after his simon plan was hacked n bursted but he looked clueless n dt early second half goal exposed him n alos, him throwing subs without reading d game made Nigeria lost d game even before it ended..
I hope he av learned n dts life for us..[/quote
na learning curve bro....pep once started like this with barca, assuming barca discard am, e for no turn on of the best today
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Kunja2: 8:03am On Jan 24, 2022
I have mixed feelings about this but im not.happy about our early exit. Nigerians are so heartbroken at the moment.

Anyway, Oraimo never breaks one's heart vos of their durability. Hard and perfect ear buds

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by excel101(m): 8:09am On Jan 24, 2022
Eguavoen has tried, because before and after the sack of Genot Rohr, as a nation we never believed we can go this far in this year's AFCON. From the match watched last night our bench lacked the depth to win the match, and also it was very obvious we don't have a finisher.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by otokx(m): 8:11am On Jan 24, 2022
When it mattered the most, Eguavoen had a brain freeze. It is not by standing on the touch line gesticulating.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Damian10(m): 8:12am On Jan 24, 2022
And my words finally comes to past, everything pointed at Nigeria not having a successful outing prior to the afcon. Nothing made sense, Rohr badly timed sacking, injured stars, NFF inadequacies etc
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by tesppidd: 8:13am On Jan 24, 2022
nedekid:

Have we won 3 streight matches in AFCON in 30 years? (I don't know).
grin
Are you still trying to justify your foolishness?

What's the prize for winning 3 straight matches at AFCON?

Has there ever been a prize for winning 3 straight matches at AFCON?

That's the problem with you people. You won 3 straight matches, got complacent and started bragging and boasting all over the place,

Thinking there's a trophy for winning all group matches, and now you're blaming Buhari ..

Why do we reason like goats in this country sef?

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by SeunWedsLinda(m): 8:15am On Jan 24, 2022
Good morning tensazangetsu20. I sent you an email bro
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Emma1Oj(m): 8:16am On Jan 24, 2022
9182736455O1999:
Lol.... U pple will not kill somebody.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by seunayantokun(m): 8:22am On Jan 24, 2022
9182736455O1999:

Amen. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by nedekid: 8:22am On Jan 24, 2022
tesppidd:
Are you still trying to justify your foolishness?

What's the prize for winning 3 straight matches at AFCON?

Has there ever been a prize for winning 3 straight matches at AFCON?

That's the problem with you people. You won 3 straight matches, got complacent and started bragging and boasting all over the place,

Thinking there's a trophy for winning all group matches, and now you're blaming Buhari ..

Why do we reason like goats in this country sef?
You are stupid and foolish (your word) yet you do not know it, and that is the sad part.
If you had any sense at all, you will not address who you do not know with words that pass your pay grade.
Anyway using your words, you are foolish since with how smart you are, you have buhari as your president.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by franchasng: 8:27am On Jan 24, 2022
Super Eagles players weren't that good though. They are all average by chance players. No playmaker, no trustworthy striker.

People were praising that long boy he brought in to strike at the dieminute but that boy na Mumu. That goal he missed was a disaster, which seasoned striker will miss such a one on one strike with the goalie?

Musa ought to have come in earlier.

Midfield was dead. Wings were caged and Simon was just wasting chances trying to dribble himself.

Eguavon greatest mistake was not substituting Moses, Iheanacho, Olaniyi, Chukwueze earlier.

Simon Moses thinks football is just about dribbling and trying to entertain fans. He will have chance to pass ball he won't, forming Lionel Messi he is not angry

Iwobi noticed that his team mates lacked energy and he came in to inspire and ginger the game, but it was unfortunate the useless referee sent him off for a yellow card offense.

As for the Goalie, he has no blame because the ball was rolling and changing direction plus the Mumu defenders blocked his view, they couldn't even stop that guy from playing that long shot.

The players that destroyed the match are :

Moses Simon
Iheanacho
Ekong
Olaniyi
Sodiq

In fact all of them were just too sluggish and lacked determination to win.

Maybe the Buhari bad luck spell struck them
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by SocialJustice: 8:29am On Jan 24, 2022
Lol, wetin be the scoreline? I no dey watch Nigeria match again because I get too emotional and my heart beats out of pattern for days.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Brokeloser: 8:33am On Jan 24, 2022
blackaxe78:

You have never said something brilliant in a long while.

Even on a Monday morning, after taking so much rest over the weekend, you still find it difficult to be sane.

Or is that, you haven’t had breakfast.
Kpele I know say e pain your black soul.

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Brokeloser: 8:33am On Jan 24, 2022
ACCURETE:

You sounding as if Buhari cares bout your love or hate! It’s your hate, so you can hate anything. It’s all within you.

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by GreatrAnalyst: 8:34am On Jan 24, 2022
dfrost:
Tactics, tactics and tactics.

Removing two strikers at the same time? angry

No coach can please everybody.
If you check the thread of Nigeria Vs Tunisia, that's what many were recommending.

And truly how many attempts came from Awoniyi, or even combined with Ihenacho? I am sure if he didn't eventually remove them, people will still blame him. Sadiq and the other Yoruba guy who came in, I checked both were striking... Just my thought.
No coach can please everybody.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by sameks08(m): 8:43am On Jan 24, 2022
when I heard that Buhari called them is when I know that they re going home

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.