Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit (43193 Views)

Who Should Be The New Super Eagles Coach After Poseiro? / The Crowd That Came Out To Welcome Guinea After AFCON Outing / Super Eagles Team Sneaks Into Nigeria In Midnight Flight After AFCON Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by glad7: 8:58am On Jan 24, 2022
Like his courage.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Maobichek: 9:01am On Jan 24, 2022
victorazy:

Tried where?

Person that couldn't read game.

After the group stage, many said that Eguavon should be signed on permenant basis but everything changed immediately we lost to Tunisia. Tunisia were better tactically and that was the work of the coach.

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by cunny88(m): 9:04am On Jan 24, 2022
alsudan:
The Gaffer should have been given a long term contract to build the team.

Pinnick can now hire his foreign coach and share the Bogus Salary with him.
yeah, that's exactly y they insist on a foreign coach
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by TheOgaBoss: 9:06am On Jan 24, 2022
festacman:
Augustine Eguavon is not particularly a successful coach going by accomplishments. But his bold performance at AFCON once again made a strong case for highly qualified indigenous coaches like Emmanuel Amunike, George Finidi, etc.

He was unlucky not to have Victor Osihmen, Dennis Emmanuel, Etebor, etc in the squad for selection. However, it must be said that rather than coach Eguavoen's tactics, it was team spirit and of course individual player form that took us far during group stage. When tactics were badly needed at KO stage, coach of Tunisian team showed superiority.

Nevertheless, in order not to distract the players, Augustine Eguavoen should oversee our WC qualifiers against Ghana.
a coach who has successfully led the eagles to a third place within a short period in afcon is not successful? What was the highest achievement of rohr in the many years he handled the eagles? And which other local coach apart from keshi has surpassed that?
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by mysticwarrior(m): 9:07am On Jan 24, 2022
The albino goal keeper, chukwueze and iwobi made us to loose the match.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by akanbiaa(m): 9:07am On Jan 24, 2022
TheGiftedOne:
Add honorable to his name because he just did the honorable thing. Something most politicians can't, won't and will never do.

Time to ring the changes administratively and plot for how to whoop Ghana in the ass. grin
Even if he had won AFCON he would still have stepped down since he has no contract with NFF and a Foreign Coach have already been announced and paperwork in progress.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Chidex50(m): 9:13am On Jan 24, 2022
alsudan:

You're wise
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by frog12: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2022
i agree

tesppidd:
Are you still trying to justify your foolishness?

What's the prize for winning 3 straight matches at AFCON?

Has there ever been a prize for winning 3 straight matches at AFCON?

That's the problem with you people. You won 3 straight matches, got complacent and started bragging and boasting all over the place,

Thinking there's a trophy for winning all group matches, and now you're blaming Buhari ..

Why do we reason like goats in this country sef?
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by victorazy(m): 9:54am On Jan 24, 2022
Maobichek:

After the group stage, many said that Eguavon should be signed on permenant basis but everything changed immediately we lost to Tunisia. Tunisia were better tactically and that was the work of the coach.

At least I never approved him.

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by hohafrank(m): 10:02am On Jan 24, 2022
9182736455O1999:
May Buhari call your enemies this week
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by dfrost: 10:08am On Jan 24, 2022
GreatrAnalyst:

No coach can please everybody.
If you check the thread of Nigeria Vs Tunisia, that's what many were recommending.

And truly how many attempts came from Awoniyi, or even combined with Ihenacho? I am sure if he didn't eventually remove them, people will still blame him. Sadiq and the other Yoruba guy who came in, I checked both were striking... Just my thought.
No coach can please everybody.

I understand you but he would made the changes one at a time.

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by dfrost: 10:10am On Jan 24, 2022
Inspirer1:

I wish he had done that earlier cos I observed we had better chances in front of the opponent's goal after he did that.

Our boys were so lethargic yesterday.

I keep saying that focus helps a man. The Dumbo keeper was buying checking his ratings among women.

Kai!
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by kayusely70(m): 10:35am On Jan 24, 2022
alsudan:

That's possibly true!
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Marcobos12: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2022
festacman:
Augustine Eguavon is not particularly a successful coach going by accomplishments. But his bold performance at AFCON once again made a strong case for highly qualified indigenous coaches like Emmanuel Amunike, George Finidi, etc.

He was unlucky not to have Victor Osihmen, Dennis Emmanuel, Etebor, etc in the squad for selection. However, it must be said that rather than coach Eguavoen's tactics, it was team spirit and of course individual player form that took us far during group stage. When tactics were badly needed at KO stage, coach of Tunisian team showed superiority.

Nevertheless, in order not to distract the players, Augustine Eguavoen should oversee our WC qualifiers against Ghana.

Dude, we will be heading to failure. Why do you guys always like who had failure before to lead this country? Go and check Eguavon past records with national teams he had managed and tell me his achievement. E.g Ghana 4- 1 Nig.

He is not capable, so there is the need for stepping down. It's only the blind that will want him back.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by seyz91(m): 11:00am On Jan 24, 2022
cheesy
TOPCRUISE:
Chai! He step down to avoid getting sacked. Getting sacked on the job will otherwise spoil his CV.
Better to sack yourself than getting sacked. embarassed
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Omodua(m): 11:26am On Jan 24, 2022
Nemere2020:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/23/breaking-eguavoen-steps-down-as-super-eagles-coach-after-afcon-2021-exit/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1642975548
Within two weeks of preparations, Eguavoen has infused new strategy and team spirit which was lacking during Rohr five and a half years in the saddle. He should be appointed as the substantive coach of the team. Not José Paseiro of this world!
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by AlexaBlun10(f): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2022
Am so ashamed of this idiots players, Nigeria should invest in our local league and produce players with our culture and ideology with a style of play of our chosen. All this low men don't care about Nigeria they just choose us because they are not go enough to play for England, German etc
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Seun360(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2022
dfrost:
Tactics, tactics and tactics.

Removing two strikers at the same time? angry

Mumu Coach, na just vibes and Insha Allah.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by TrackerXL: 12:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Nobody will be dying any time soon over hate of Igbos. We are talking about hopelessly senseless Igbos that hate Awo Abiola Tinubu Osibanjo Fashola, add Buhari etc

Should I reel out list of country your hopeless tribesmen hate from China india Malaysia Singapore Cambodians Indians Pakistani Tunisians South Africans etc

Before any soul die of Igbo hate, God almighty is my witness your entire tribe with no exception of a single soul would have been wiped off the face of the Earth. May it never be well with you, your entire household dead alive n unborn for wishing death on me. The same death your household duly deserve more than me for the hate your tribe project across the globe.

sweetjohn:
You are the one with the hate bro. And I pray you die in your hatred for Igbos. Amen
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by TrackerXL: 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
All this cork n bull story no concern. We are all here when you Igbos praised your self solely in the group stages n took all the credit now that the team as failed n it glaring to the dead your father's should come n take the place n not start lecturing me about inter collegiate games.

backbencher:

Thing is, we did not fail because of one tribe we failed because Nigeria is not good enough at football or any sports an has not been good enough for years. And Buhari has changed nothing since he took over

Even if we replaced the team with people from your tribe, the story is going to be the same.

As an example,is there an interschool football tournament in your hometown every year for identifying talent? When was the last time an npfl team won something at continental level?
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
TrackerXL:
All this cork n bull story no concern

Cock and bull.

We are all here when you Igbos praised your self solely in the group stages n took all the credit now that the team as failed n it glaring to the dead your father's should come n take the place n not start lecturing me about inter collegiate games

1.I'm not Igbo or yoruba or hausa or fulani. Sorry.

2.I have never deceived myself that we were good enough in football, and have held that view for over 20 years.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by TrackerXL: 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
E no concern me.
Those that took credit for the group stages when they know we are not good enough must take the debit/blame for the knockout stage. If you like be from hellfire no one gives a flying furk the part of hell you n your household is from.

backbencher:

Cock and bull.

1.I'm not Igbo or yoruba or hausa or fulani. Sorry.

2.I have never deceived myself that we were good enough in football, and have held that view for over 20 years.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by tesppidd: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
nedekid:

[s]You are stupid and foolish (your word) yet you do not know it, and that is the sad part.
If you had any sense at all, you will not address who you do not know with words that pass your pay grade.
Anyway using your words, you are foolish since with how smart you are, you have buhari as your president.[/s]
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by TheKingsmann(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
9182736455O1999:
May Buhari call your enemies this week
Buhari Mr badluck cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by dfrost: 1:01pm On Jan 24, 2022
Seun360:

Mumu Coach, na just vibes and Insha Allah.

I tell you. Gaffer that was happy and rejoicing that Twitter has verified his handle.

Social media is the bane of modern society honestly.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
TrackerXL:
E no concern me.
Those that took credit for the group stages when they know we are not good enough must take the debit/blame for the knockout stage. If you like be from hellfire no one gives a flying furk the part of hell you n your household is from.

God bless.
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
WUMBLE AND FUMBLING EAGLES, A GAMBLING EAGLES,THEY NO SUPER ANYTHIN.
ALWAYS A RECURRING DECIMAL.
NAIJA PPL NO SABI PLAY BALL, NA MOUTH THEM GET. NA SO JJ DEY PLAY NONSENSE WITH SELFISH DRIBBLING AND WASTED CHANCES WHILE HE SMILED IIT OFF TILL HE RETIRED, YET UNA STIL DEY PRAISE JJundecided NAIJA PPL NA HYPOCRITES OO! grin
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Omodua(m): 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
robosky02:

I want him to continue as super eagles coach
Exactly. Supported!
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Bamzyriches451: 2:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
May Buhari not call you on the day of your promotion
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Omodua(m): 2:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
TrackerXL:
Na so igbo push this man till he enter gutter but who cares to hell with you n the hate your tribe as been promoting n projections at others.
Why are the MODs allowing comments like this on the platform. So ethnically biased and unguarded in their wordings.
I shudder!
Re: Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit by Elsueno: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Chai! He step down to avoid getting sacked. Getting sacked on the job will otherwise spoil his CV.
Better to sack yourself than getting sacked. embarassed

Unless u pissed off ur boss really really bad, all companies offer u a chance to resign as opposed to outright sacking grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Users Make Use Of VAR To Make Correct Decisions About Pictures (FUNNY) / FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.