Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) (20514 Views)

Iwobi Didn't Perform Well - Very Dark Man Replies Oshoala Over AFCON Defeat / Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser / Anthony Joshua Reacts To His Defeat By Oleksandr Usyk (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by dodoatirice: 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
Super eagles 0
Rorh 1

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
timefarm:

A real surprise after so much noise.
Disappointed though.

Atleast now twitter market people will finally learn how to shut the f**k up
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Princeton92(m): 2:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Thought this man resigned ni??
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Polynek(m): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
They shud get out angry
Apart from Egypt wey they meet on group stage, which other team wey Sabi play ball wey Nigeria meet?
Mad people. Una jox de over-hype Dem, I keep my cool until they meet a strong team.
Super Eagles shud getat sad
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by FaithBrain1994(m): 2:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
timefarm:
Anything dead meat seller support, be sure it will end in regret.

I saw his post up and down on the eagle's match thread, I wished his evil luck didnot follow eagles but unfortunately, the rest is history.
He is a big fan of chelsea fc and today, chelsea has won what man u, arsenal and other small small clubs in england have not won for 5years and counting.. ya be big name abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by frankson1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
In the soccer game, a fowl is a fowl and it doesn't matter if it's intentional or not. If Iwobi or any player at all committed a fowl, then they deserved to be punished, so Eguavon should rest.
He didn't talk about his tactical inabilities and knowledge to read the game because, I know this contributed greatly to the team's failure.

They failed when it mattered most.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Richy4(m): 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
Burnabem:
I still feel bad till now

You no feel bad reach me..oo.... My heart stopped beating @ 86th mins...Those boys raised my hope higher than Kilimanjaro...
I foolishly dashed them my heart for freeooo with full confidence say them go deliver... Na so they break am into 17 pieces

wetin pain me pass be say the goal na for outside 18yard box.... wey go don loose strength as e dey fly come embarassed..

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by goody234: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2022
festacman:
1. One positive thing that Augustine Eguavoen did was to prove that the current GOLDEN GENERATION of Super Eagles can play attacking football, which Nigeria is known for rather than unnecessary CAUTIOUS football that Gerhot Rohr was imposing.

2. It is important to state that bad officiating didn't make Tunisia beat Nigeria at AFCON but inferior tactics. Unfortunately, Covid attack on Tunisian squad made it difficult to study their team play while it was easy for them to study Nigerian team play, which made them clip Simon Moses. Look, I would demanded for red card if a Tunisian player tackled Iwobi the way he did against the Tunisian player.

3. The fact is that if Emmanuel Amunike didn't wound Amaju Pinnick's ego by refusing to work as assistant to Gerhot Rohr but demanding to replace him, he would have been the interim coach rather than Eguavoen. And of course, Amunike from records is a better tactically gifted than Eguavoen and he in fact mentored some of the current Super Eagles at age-group competitions.

Very good sense my brother

4. Football is a game of mad passion so Nigerians' reactions to Maduka Okoye, Alex Iwobi and Ola Aina are natural but unacceptable if it crosses line of rationality. It happened to Saka and Rashford after the EUROS but they bounced back. The best of GKs have conceded worst goals but were not killed. The truth is that a team's mistakes favour its opponent. It was defensive mistake that helped Iheanacho score against Egypt.

5. The task now is beating Ghana to qualify to World Cup. Hopefully , we will have Victor Osihmen and other preferred attackers fit and available. But the question of which coach manages that 2-legged qualifier is CRUCIAL beacuse not qualifying with the current golden generation of players will be a TREASON.

6. WE MOVE!

very good sense my brother ..lets dust ourselves and move on!! it was a game of tactics and Eguavoen was found wanting simples
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Edusouls(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Tactically Austin is not sound enough, he made some expensive tactical blunders..
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by jaxxy(m): 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iwobi can be carefree and reckless when he gets overzealous. U have to be disciplined to win and our boys tried bt should not have lost. Period
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by cr7lomo: 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2022
Buhari wey de celebrate say na arab nation beat Eagles
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by frankson1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
FaithBrain1994:
He is a big fan of chelsea fc and today, chelsea has won what man u, arsenal and other small small clubs in england have not won for 5years and counting.. ya be big name abeg

EPL TITTLES

MANCHESTER UNITED. CHELSEA
20 5

FA CUP

12 8

CHAMPION'S LEAGUE
3 2

EUROPA
1 2

FIFA CLUP CUP

1 0

MANCHESTER UNITED FC. Have produced WORLD'S BEST PLAYER and Chelsea haven't.

Even the club name have more letters than your club.

YOU LOT SHOULD KNOW WHO THE MASTER IS.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by DaveHarry(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
zolajpower:
cheesy
Everyone shouldn't blame bubu for this eguavoin should remember as well that history is playing out again . In USA 94 nig where knocked of round of 16 by a weak Italian that got into the next round as a best loser grin
And that same Italians made it to the final of the same 1994 world cup?
Super Eagles were beaten by a better team last night.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by olaolaking: 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
festacman:
1. One positive thing that Augustine Eguavoen did was to prove that the current GOLDEN GENERATION of Super Eagles can play attacking football, which Nigeria is known for rather than unnecessary CAUTIOUS football that Gerhot Rohr was imposing.

2. It is important to state that bad officiating didn't make Tunisia beat Nigeria at AFCON but inferior tactics. Unfortunately, Covid attack on Tunisian squad made it difficult to study their team play while it was easy for them to study Nigerian team play, which made them clip Simon Moses. Look, I would demanded for red card if a Tunisian player tackled Iwobi the way he did against the Tunisian player.

3. The fact is that if Emmanuel Amunike didn't wound Amaju Pinnick's ego by refusing to work as assistant to Gerhot Rohr but demanding to replace him, he would have been the interim coach rather than Eguavoen. And of course, Amunike from records is a better tactically gifted than Eguavoen and he in fact mentored some of the current Super Eagles at age-group competitions.

4. Football is a game of mad passion so Nigerians' reactions to Maduka Okoye, Alex Iwobi and Ola Aina are natural but unacceptable if it crosses line of rationality. It happened to Saka and Rashford after the EUROS but they bounced back. The best of GKs have conceded worst goals but were not killed. The truth is that a team's mistakes favour its opponent. It was defensive mistake that helped Iheanacho score against Egypt.

5. The task now is beating Ghana to qualify to World Cup. Hopefully , we will have Victor Osihmen and other preferred attackers fit and available. But the question of which coach manages that 2-legged qualifier is CRUCIAL beacuse not qualifying with the current golden generation of players will be a TREASON.

6. WE MOVE!
You are a correct guy. However, i don't know if Amunike is better.

I am honestly not expecting so much even when they won the first 3 matches.

My joy is that thay played better football than they did in the past 10 years.

If we can build on that, it will do us more favor than to just win this afcon
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Swanzi(m): 3:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
Pargelensis and Okuta007 pls don’t be shy come around I want to check something gringringringringrin
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Oyin2212(m): 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
festacman:

6. WE MOVE!
Wow mad o. Love the analysis
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by asoebijaiye: 3:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
Tania Omotayo - club fashion christmas runway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8i_tk7YvZY
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by frog12: 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
meaning what ?

flemsy15:
Na bcoz of things like this dey make NFF no dey trust Naija coaches. This early exit is a full indication NFF will be sticking to foreign coaches.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Cmanforall: 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
insidenaijasblog:
Super Eagles coach, Austin Eguavoen has spoken about Nigeria's loss to Tunisia in the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations round of 16 which took place on Sunday January 22, Newspremises reports.

Recall that Alex Iwobi was shown a red card in the 64th minutes, after the referee upgraded his yellow card to a red one following a VAR Review for a bad attack.

Eguavoen in a post match conference, said that Iwobi didn't deserve to be sent out of the match since he was a first time offender. He also said the attack wasn't intentional so shouldn't have amounted to a red card.

The interim coach added that Wilfred Ndidi was mashed right in front of the referee but he didn't call a foul even though Ndidi complained.

Eguavoen also congratulated Tunisia for qualifying for the quater finals adding that the Super Eagles did their best even though they were knocked out by The Eagles of Carthage.

Watch the video below:
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvojKC-KaRE][/url]

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/iwobi-didnt-deserve-a-red-card-ndidi-got-mashed-but-the-referee-didnt-call-a-foul-austin-eguavoen-speaks-after-super-eagles-afcon-defeat-by-tunisia-video/
Ndidi should be our next captain

Good to see how he talked about him
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Medley02(m): 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Wetin happen for the game yesterday tongue

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Smyk13: 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
It seems the referee from Ghana don't like the Super Eagles of Nigeria. Its like, since the Black Stars of Ghana were knocked out, the Super Eagles should go out too!
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by lordprogress: 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
zolajpower:
cheesy
Everyone shouldn't blame bubu for this eguavoin should remember as well that history is playing out again . In USA 94 nig where knocked of round of 16 by a weak Italian that got into the next round as a best loser grin
A weak Italian with Roberto baggio that went all the way to the final and lost on penalties to Brazil weak Indeed.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by HilcomTech(m): 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
Egwavon is a monumental failure who was counting on luck to win a continental football competition.

The Tunisians won because they believed in hardwork and dedication while the super eagles believed in superstitions.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by zolajpower: 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
lordprogress:

A weak Italian with Roberto baggio that went all the way to the final and lost on penalties to Brazil weak Indeed.
Yes they went to the final , at group stage what was their position? Look I don't want to argue with you if you don't understand my comment .
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by zolajpower: 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
DaveHarry:

And that same Italians made it to the final of the same 1994 world cup?
Super Eagles were beaten by a better team last night.
That's why I said history is about to repeat itself again grin
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Hiq0: 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
He should shutup

Ko soro Lenu omo to ba iya e sun
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by mysticwarrior(m): 5:50pm On Jan 24, 2022
Okoye is to be blamed for our defeat, the referee also didn't help matters.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stanley Nwabali At AFCON 2023: 5 Reasons Nigerians Applaud The Super Eagles Keep / Nigeria Doctors To Examine Osimhen / Arsenal Fall Victim To Embarrassing Scam After Partnership With BYD Auto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.