Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? (8336 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest 76 At A Birthday Party And 40 Others (Pics) / Nigeria Will Be Exporting Marijuana If I Become President- Sowore (video) / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 11:15am On Jan 24, 2022
Greeting to my fellow Members of this great Forum and the fantastic guests. My name remains Odewale Adesoye (A. K. A. Mr. Green Man).

This question bothers me a lot and the question is nothing but "CAN A YOUTH BETWEEN THE AGE OF 35 AND 40 BECOME PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA?"

In my own opinion, I will put us through some factors that I think must be considered before a youth can decide to apply for the post of Nigerian President after which your opinions will be well appreciated in this thread.

Don't forget that according to the constitution of Nigeria, before anyone can apply for the post of the President, he or she must be 35 and above.

Let assume a youth has the age advantage on his/her side i.e. His/Her age falls between 35 and 40, did you still think that the youth can become the President of Nigeria after considering the factors below?

1. Leadership Experience:
In my opinion, for a youth to lead the whole nation he/she must have got some leadership experiences.
Even before David in the Bible was made king of Israel, he was already in charge of flocks.

I think leadership experience is vital too before considering a youth for the President of Nigeria.

A youth with no or little knowledge of leadership might not be able to perform well as Nigerian President even if elected.

2. Political Experience:
Apart from the Leadership Experience discussed above, I also think that a youth who will want to apply for the post of President must be sound politically.

If he/she doesn't know how to play politics, what's the chance of his/her success?

3. Financial Backup:
Before a youth can decide to apply for the post of Nigerian President, he/she must also be fit financially. If he/she doesn't have the financial backup, how does he/she wants to succeed.

Money is needed for countless things for instance, campaign posters, rallies, transportation, logistics etc.

4. Man Of The People:
Since the election is done via voting, definitely the candidate will surely need the support of the masses. If he/she isn't known by the people it means that no one will support him/her and it implies that he/she will fail drastically.

5. Good Record:
You will agree with me that people do background check for any candidate who's applying for the post of Nigerian President though people later keep mute when money enters the pocket.

Truth be told, any youth that wants to apply for the post of Nigeria President must have good and clean record.

How many youths can boast of this?

Let's use the five factors listed above as the foundation to discuss the Question asked above which is "CAN A YOUTH BETWEEN THE AGE OF 35 AND 40 BECOME PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA?"

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by heniford2: 11:34am On Jan 24, 2022
When that age bracket is in bet9ja cheesy playing virtual or watching BBafrica which you Op spend much of your time conversing here last year undecided abeg that age bracket is full of dummy ask kogi state governor undecided cheesy his in his 40yrs bracket and look at kogi state as a case study will you have faith to vote bello as a president or the Op that spent all his time writing about BBNaija last year when he should have joined a political part grin forget it youths from 35 to 40s in Nigeria are still catching cruise or getting small chops from P man and Mummies.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by cherishmichael: 11:48am On Jan 24, 2022
Why not, sometimes it's not by age .

Contact me for your Article writing, Rewrite work, Assignment PowerPoint presentations Logo designing at an affordable price. 09015679998

2 Likes

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

Cc: lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Mukina2
dominique

I think this topic has to be moved to the front page.

Cc: lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Mukina2
dominique [/quote]

Honestly speaking it cannot happen in Nigeria the current mentality of Nigerians is to vote for a criminal and follow a criminal wherever they are in the world. Just look at the United States of America where you have three Nigerian senators and Joe Biden is the worst performing president in American history. This is the same which are people bring all over the world even in a developed country like America. Only think some of these people can do is destroy.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2022

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by ViperAda: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
Many of them want to be like Burna boy... Smoke weed and flirt with the girls.

Some want to be like Davido and Wizkid... Make the money, lavish on hoes and make as many babymamas.

Some want to be like Emoney, Obi Cubana, Cubana chief priest... Make money, push drugs, show offs and lavish on bitches in the club

Others want to be like Pretty Mike... Gigolo for Abuja sugar mamas, put chains around the girls and BDSM dem bitches.

Don't even get me started about the ladies.

In summary, the youths ain't ready yet.

-Viper

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Chloraseptic: 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
Mumu talk.

Can anyone be worse than Buhari?.

If Buhari can rule Nigeria, MC Oluomo and the likes of Tony Kabaka can rule too.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Adeoye11(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2022
Maybe you need to know, voting in Nigeria is a waste of time, not when the North is still with this country called Nigeria, mentality in North is different and in the north even a guinea fowl can vote.
Secondly, the political class bid when it comes to politics and who governs the state, the highest bidder been the winner.
So for now youth should rest and continue doing their daily routine until the time they will behave like the Israelites and rise to defend how we want it to be, not how they want it to be

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by BigDawsNet: 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
I really don't think it can happen in this era in Nigeria...

The cabal, the top leaders, election sponsors will prefer someone old with lots of experience and possibly record of position held... E.g House of Rep, Governor or minister/senators...
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by nairavsdollars(f): 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
They will kill him. Like Buhari said

4 Likes

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Juliusmomoh2: 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
make una help me see question wey this ask this hot afternoon...

Adeoye11:
Maybe you need to know, voting in Nigeria is a waste of time, not when the North is still with this country called Nigeria, mentality in North is different and in the north even a guinea fowl can vote.
Secondly, the political class bid when it comes to politics and who governs the state, the highest bidder been the winner.
So for now youth should rest and continue doing their daily routine until the time they will behave like the Israelites and rise to defend how we want it to be, not how they want it to be

help me tell them..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by RoyalBoutique(m): 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
Of course
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Princeton92(m): 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
No
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by MITCHELL96: 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
Yeah, But they will much pressure on the person, because Nigerians will expect you to be perfect because of your age, they think it's by age, It's about the mentality, you can give a 30 years old man that seat and he'll turn this country worst than Buhari has done, and you can also give a 90 year old man the seat and he'll make the country a better place, but This BUHARI Shaa, upon his age and previous experience during the military regime he no still get sense, I swear, God go punish that man.

If you ask him what he's done so far, he'll use saliva and that yeye accent to tell you IN- FWAS-TRAC-CHURE angry

9 Likes

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hmm
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by dogooder: 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
Not in this generation.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by blackaxe78: 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
Facing reality squarely
It’s impossible!
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
Yes, it's possible, if only we can kick those old idiots out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by JohnieWalker12(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
Wtf Quote me anywhere some youths between this age cap are more richer than our current president in asset and wisdom to run the affairs of this great country.

6 Likes

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by blasted12: 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
It's practically impossible.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by ogub(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
I think so with the right mindset and if all the youths in this country work as a team it's possible

3 Likes

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by allahIsAnIDOL: 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by crio: 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
A well knowledged one can. One that has the interest of people at heart.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by MrMcJay(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
Power is not given, power is taken.

Are the youths ready to take power?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by sukkot: 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
lol naija 35 to 40 is youth

3 Likes

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by victorazy(m): 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
What's youth of such age gotta do on the corridor of presidency?

You want turn the State House to a club house?

2 Likes

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by abbaapple: 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
angry

Taaaaaaa!!!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
No, for the following reasons

1.Most youth around that age are building their families and their financial future, and as such don't have the time or resources to consider political office.

2.Unless the 35-40 year old has some older connected people willing to help her or him with some support, at his or her age, they won't have the support, financial or other wise to run for office.

3.Most educated, young NIGERIANS are not interested in political or other type of office, or in joining or forming political parties. The average Nigerian youth has a cynical view of parties, and thinks they are all useless.

4.The political CV of a 40 year old isn't going to look good compared to a 60 year old who has probably held several high ranking offices already.

10 Likes

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Sheriman(m): 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
ViperAda:
Many of them want to be like Burna boy... Smoke weed and flirt with the girls.

Some want to be like Davido and Wizkid... Make the money, lavish on hoes and make as many babymamas.

Some want to be like Emoney, Obi Cubana, Cubana chief priest... Make money, push drugs, show offs and lavish on bitches in the club

Others want to be like Pretty Mike... Gigolo for Abuja sugar mamas, put chains around the girls and BDSM dem bitches.

Don't even get me started about the ladies.

In summary, the youths ain't ready yet.

-Viper
You already summarize everything but let me add this one:
Some among them want to become the next Hushpuppy Mompha and Rahman Jago

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Father Was A Governor, But I’m Dying Of Poverty – Barkin Zuwo’s Son / Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity / E-X-P-O-S-E-D!!! Buhari Lied....................picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.