Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? (8354 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest 76 At A Birthday Party And 40 Others (Pics) / Nigeria Will Be Exporting Marijuana If I Become President- Sowore (video) / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by rajiedreez: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
Yes but not now
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by legba1(m): 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
Nigerian youths around that age braket cannot rule naija NOW

1) we are not that neck deep in politics to vie for such office, remember power will not be given to the youth on a platter, we have to wrestle it from the older generation. the question is CAN WE?

2)The present crops of leaders attained position of power in their youth..like gowon became head of state at 34yrs. OBJ led his battalion in battle at late 30s and early 40s, Buhari and all of them became top/commanding senior officers of the army at early age so it was easy folr them as they benefitted from the legacies of the colonial masters. in the contrary, the youths of this days had been put at a disadvantage, we are made to grapple with so many distabilising factors,infact some folks within the age categories you mentioned are still being given stipends by their parents, except those with wealthy parents who to a large extents will come under heavy influence and pressure of their parents . so many are not stable psychologically.

3) The occupant of that office should be matured and be detribalized. we have been polarized along tribal line. and our life priuority and life will not tick the box,an average nigerian youth,say 85percent want to have live the life the likes of davido,burma boy and wizkd are living.it will be dangerous to commit power of CinC INTO SUCH HANDS.

Many more reasons. I may be wrong though
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by WhizdomXX(m): 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
Adeoye11:
Maybe you need to know, voting in Nigeria is a waste of time, not when the North is still with this country called Nigeria, mentality in North is different and in the north even a guinea fowl can vote.
Secondly, the political class bid when it comes to politics and who governs the state, the highest bidder been the winner.
So for now youth should rest and continue doing their daily routine until the time they will behave like the Israelites and rise to defend how we want it to be, not how they want it to be
So this past eight years, the time never reach? Haba!
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Amalekki: 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
HellVictorinho3:

Twists and turns.... you may not understand...... there's nowhere in the world where everyone between 30-40 is interested in contesting with or without the money.....stop saying everyone must do this or that!!

That's because it's a matter of chance for you to find people that are willing and capable of contesting elections successfully towards improving the standard of living of as many people as possible... everywhere in the world!!!!!!

If you say Mr XYZ is too lazy to contest...,are you diligent enough to seek the understanding of certain things
You totally missed the point.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by WhizdomXX(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

35 to 40 years may be too early for a President
Most likely a House of Reps member, Senator or a Minister. God bless you for ur good works.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by WhizdomXX(m): 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
MrCuteking:
Those crazy old men that continuously recycle one another were once a youth. I mean, how old was Buhari when he first ruled Nigeria?
He was in the junta.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
Amalekki:

You totally missed the point.

I never cared about what you call the point.....so..., I questioned you recklessly for your entire write-up which was nothing but another manifestation of twists and turns.....!!!!
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by WhizdomXX(m): 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
anonimi:

The OP is asking the wrong question.
The right question is whether youths are working/can work to flood APC and PDP to dominate their agenda and dictate things from the local government upwards in legislative and executive offices.
Does he think that there is free lunch in anything, including in politics

Thanks alot!

1 Like

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Amalekki: 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
WhizdomXX:

35 to 40 years may be too early for a President
Most likely a House of Reps member, Senator or Minister.
Maybe and I lean towards your being right on that, but to even be in a position to have a realistic shot at the presidency you have to be active participants in the process. However, it is difficult to fight the behemoth in isolation that's why massive active participation in the democratic process is crucial. We are not doing that yet. That is the root. That is the issue here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Amalekki: 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
HellVictorinho3:

I never cared about what you call the point.....so..., I questioned you recklessly for your entire write-up which was nothing but another manifestation of twists and turns.....!!!!
I don't see how I can help you with that.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
WhizdomXX:

He was in the junta.

That doesn't matter since we're into more than madness.... no matter your nationality.. we're into more than madness!!!!
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by WhizdomXX(m): 4:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
TruthSocial:
Yes a candidate in that age bracket can and will become the president of Nigeria someday, the only issue is that it will not be a neutral candidate, the candidate will be the product of the Political/Military establishment and infrastructure that currently exist in Nigeria.

Until Nigeria as a nation gets rid of the military wing of the political atmosphere and there civilian protégés, a neutral Candidate will never become president.

Indeed. Very soon.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
Amalekki:

I don't see how I can help you with that.

Help me with what??

You are just another manifestation of twists and turns!!!!!
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by WhizdomXX(m): 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
Amalekki:

Maybe and I lean towards your being right on that, but to even be in a position to have a realistic shot at the presidency you have to be active participants in the process. However, it is difficult to fight the behemoth in isolation that's why massive active participation in the democratic process is crucial. We are not doing that yet. That is the root. That is the issue here.
If youths can target legislatorial Elections this year. Whoever becomes President will have to answer to a working legislative arm.

1 Like

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by WhizdomXX(m): 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
Amalekki:

Don't mind them. They think power is a jamboree with some celebrities forming Mandela for two weekends. This is called a struggle and you fight for it every day. They won't flood APC and PDP with their dominant number, they won't form their own alternative platform and work day and night for it, they are waiting for free lunch.

Another one just posted above that elections don't matter in Nigeria. That tells you that they are not ready for freedom. Even if elections don't matter, you have to be part of the process from within to effect the needed changes that will make elections matter. Elections don't matter yet politicians are bribing you every election cycle to vote for them... is that not juju? Use your head!
Please spread the word. Most people that say elections don't matter have even gone to vote.
https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/home/success#register

1 Like

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Amalekki: 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
WhizdomXX:

If youths can target legislatorial Elections this year. Whoever becomes President will have to answer to a working legislative arm.
I agree with you. We need to stop looking at Aso Rock in isolation.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
Amalekki:

Exactly....we have to fight because we're into more than madness!!!!!

But look!!!!!

No matter what happens.....we shall always have to fight concerning politics or whatever that means!!!!

Nigeria has one of the most dramatic systems on Earth......but no matter the size..., drama is drama......

There's no limit towards the drama called existence.... reality....
. I call it more than madness!!!!

Let the worst happen!!!!
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Amalekki: 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
HellVictorinho3:

Exactly....we have to fight because we're into more than madness!!!!!

But look!!!!!

No matter what happens.....we shall always have to fight concerning politics or whatever that means!!!!

Nigeria has one of the most dramatic systems on Earth......but no matter the size..., drama is drama......

There's no limit towards the drama called existence.... reality....
. I call it more than madness!!!!

Let the worst happen!!!!
grin I won't pretend to have a clear understanding of your point due to your writing style but I do know you have a point either way and it's all for progress. Doing nothing is not an option.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
WhizdomXX:

The legislative can also choose to create useless laws .......to be enforced by the useless executive after interpretation by the useless judiciary....!!!!!!!
But a president who decides to destroy what is normal constitutionally or whatever that means can also ensure it is replaced with something that permits development economically..as what is normal constitutionally has proven to be useless to such development by allowing certain obstacles to such development....if the powers of the president are limited such that he or she or both....if a transgender.... can't overwhelm certain things that make no sense from the other arms ,then what's the use of being the president

Actually.....no matter how the constitution is ...,all can never be well amongst all humans in a country.....but at least..., certain things should be put in place in terms of social amenities or whatever that means such that certain things won't be sought outside the country..if certain normals....'. ...can be removed......it's a matter of managing more than madness..... not cancelling what is unstoppable...
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
HellVictorinho3:

The legislative can also choose to create useless laws .......to be enforced by the useless executive after interpretation by the useless judiciary....!!!!!!!
But a president who decides to destroy what is normal constitutionally or whatever that means can also ensure it is replaced with something that permits development economically..as what is normal constitutionally has proven to be useless to such development by allowing certain obstacles to such development....if the powers of the president are limited such that he or she or both....if a transgender.... can't overwhelm certain things that make no sense from the other arms ,then what's the use of being the president

Actually.....no matter how the constitution is ...,all can never be well amongst all humans in a country.....but at least..., certain things might be put in place in terms of social amenities or whatever that means such that certain things won't be sought outside the country..if certain normals'. it's a matter of managing more than madness..... not cancelling what is unstoppable...
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
Amalekki:

grin I won't pretend to have a clear understanding of your point due to your writing style but I do know you have a point either way and it's all for progress. Doing nothing is not an option.

Exactly..... we're into more than madness!!!
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by GermanRemitaunt(f): 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
If President at 40 works in France, with a median age of 42, why insist on electing a senior citizen in Nigeria, median age 18?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Macron

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/population-by-country/
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by pacespot(m): 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
Why not
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Hiq0: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
Except coup
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by HarlequinLekex: 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

He/She will be executed before contesting by party leader and opposition parties
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by coolclarke(m): 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
Perfect age the youths can! We have to support ourselves and join the youths party!!

1 Like

Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by aydelicious: 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
crio:
A well knowledged one can. One that has the interest of people at heart.
yes ooh
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by JayPeeOham: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
I think so buh it's not possible!!
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by RealTalkNoBull: 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Referring to 35yrs-45 yr old as “Youth” is your first first mistake, this is the reason why most of you in that country are so immature and childish because you look at yourselves as children.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Probz(m): 9:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
No.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by Adeoye11(m): 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
Juliusmomoh2:
make una help me see question wey this ask this hot afternoon...

help me tell them..

Toor nah the thing I don tell them oo, have searched and searched I have not seen where things just happen without action.
Re: Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? by xjiggy: 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
If you're 35 and still calling yourself youth, you're part of the problem of the World.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Early Results From INEC Resut Viewing Potal Show LP In Lead In Lagos And Kaduna / Throwback 1968 Children Were Recruited By Biafrans Commanders -photo / Nigeria Needs Only Female Presidents And Governors For The Next 24 Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.