Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1214067 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by homesinabuja(m): 2:12pm On May 16, 2022
Happyfellow147:
Please note that my WAEC is over 10 years though I submitted a letter of English proficiency from my university

How did you go about yours?
I was told to submit English proficiency letter too, my Waec is over 10years too.
So, you are good
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Wised123: 2:14pm On May 16, 2022
Who is going to university of southwales?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cashmadam: 2:16pm On May 16, 2022
OgbeniOptional:
This is wrong, drop that mentality of he’s the head of the family at Muritala international airport before coming here. If the head of house can’t pay all the bills alone then what’s the point? She’s making a valid point in term of finances. That’s why most naija men encounter problems here with their wives here. I used to have that archaic mentality but coming here I realized marriage here is pure partnership. Just let him see reasons why London is expensive for you guys or like someone suggest earlier, find a school close to London. There are jobs everywhere, same requirements. Same job for someone in London and someone In Leeds, the person in Leeds will have a lot left after paying bills. I don’t know why this is hard for people to understand.

We all know she has a point. But what does she do if her husband is not seeing the point? Are you suggesting she goes against her husband's wishes and then what happens? Madam/Sir, I also lived in the UK so that is not a big deal. It takes two to make it work anywhere in the world. Not just in the UK. If the man is not in agreement, it will be tough for her. He will frustrate her. That is a fact. All married women can attest to this

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mobil567: 2:17pm On May 16, 2022
Firstly, I departed murtala international airport a while ago and no, not coming to the uk.
Secondly, I only aired my opinion…. It’s her choice to make not mine.
Thirdly, I’m a guy and it’s my belief that the guys should be the decision maker. If you feel differently, that’s fine. Rock your boat how it suits.
OgbeniOptional:
This is wrong, drop that mentality of he’s the head of the family at Muritala international airport before coming here. If the head of house can’t pay all the bills alone then what’s the point? She’s making a valid point in term of finances. That’s why most naija men encounter problems here with their wives here. I used to have that archaic mentality but coming here I realized marriage here is pure partnership. Just let him see reasons why London is expensive for you guys or like someone suggest earlier, find a school close to London. There are jobs everywhere, same requirements. Same job for someone in London and someone In Leeds, the person in Leeds will have a lot left after paying bills. I don’t know why this is hard for people to understand.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ajiboyehify(m): 2:21pm On May 16, 2022
Please I got an appointment date for the TB test. I want to know if I can take my dependent along and also pay for two person so that she can use my appointment date to do her own test also. Please how possible is this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cashmadam: 2:22pm On May 16, 2022
Mobil567:
Firstly, I departed murtala international airport a while ago and no, not coming to the uk.
Thirdly, I’m a guy and it’s my belief that the guys should be the decision maker. If you feel differently, that’s fine. Rock your boat how it suits.

Thank you. You are a man and you definitely know how men think and behave. You spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cashmadam: 2:24pm On May 16, 2022
hollar0186zz:
Please I need a quick help, booking TLS appointment date. Which service is better to use, Self service or Assisted service to upload document?

Both are okay. Assisted costs more. Choose either as long as you can get the date you want.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sexydamsel4luv: 2:27pm On May 16, 2022
[quote author=robinsondegrest post=112878029][/quote]
Hello brother. I am also in the UAE. Which school did you apply for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Finelolo: 2:39pm On May 16, 2022
How else can a student pay for tuition to UK universities aside form A which is no longer easy to get.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by jerry0071: 2:46pm On May 16, 2022
rumuseh14:
Please is there anyone on this platform who has applied to the University of keele in Newcastle-under-lyme? I got a conditional offer. Also if there's any WhatsApp group I can be added. I am considering paying their deposit of 2000 instead of going with Bolton of 4500. Although their fees are quite high (18900) with discount of 2000. Someone please respond to me. Thanks!

What people that wants to japa fail to understand is that it's not just the minimum deposit you'll be paying! Bolton is one of the cheapest but with a minimum deposit of £4,500. Most high ranking schools have £1,000 to £2,000 has their deposits but the total tuition fees are as high as £26,000. Very dangerous if you don't have strong financial backing to go Keele.
My 2 pence tho
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by OgbeniOptional(m): 3:04pm On May 16, 2022
I sure know you are not in Nigeria of course, that’s my own personal opinion to guys generally. All these head of house mentality should change small nah. It’s ok if you belief a guy should be all the decision maker also but saying he would frustrate him because of her own suggestion and choice cuz she suggested something better is not alright. I hope they find a common ground soonest.

Mobil567:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by dramaine(m): 3:05pm On May 16, 2022
fatee2000:

Yeah you can use your school address

Thank you.

Please do you know if I can use my old passport details book for my TB test? Will it affect anything?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by cbn4main: 3:11pm On May 16, 2022
@gloriyah @justwise, what is the validity period of student visa Vignette?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by fanpaul2: 3:13pm On May 16, 2022
hallelluyah:
Good morning guys,
Please who have received offer to Ulster University Birmingham? I have unconditional offer letter sent and also Confirmation of fees letter too but do not understand the contents put in the Confirmation of fees letter.

It's pretty straightforward, if you don't understand it, let me know exactly what you don't understand.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by geobreezyt: 3:15pm On May 16, 2022
From extensive research and feedback from both students and alumni, Belfast is a good and affordable place. There are part-time jobs available for student just as is obtainable in other parts of the UK.

I am also looking forward to connecting with Ulster University September Intakes or other Students in Belfast.

kweenadeola:

I will like to know as well, Belfast campus preferably.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by rumuseh14: 3:16pm On May 16, 2022
Thanks for the response. I will consider your advise.

jerry0071:

What people that wants to japa fail to understand is that it's not just the minimum deposit you'll be paying! Bolton is one of the cheapest but with a minimum deposit of £4,500. Most high ranking schools have £1,000 to £2,000 has their deposits but the total tuition fees are as high as £26,000. Very dangerous if you don't have strong financial backing to go Keele.
My 2 pence tho

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 3:16pm On May 16, 2022
cbn4main:
@gloriyah @justwise, what is the validity period of student visa Vignette?

30days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Preshila(f): 3:21pm On May 16, 2022
jamilkb:
Congratulations, I am happy for you, I'm still waiting for mine, they debited but haven't credited the school, idk how that is possible its been 4days now, at what rate you they debited you?

I was debited at 529. It took a total of 10days from the time the naira left my account to the point when the school was credited. You may wait for less or more. Just mount pressure on them.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Olasveryown: 3:22pm On May 16, 2022
PLEASE WHO IS CURRENTLY STUDYING AT LONDON METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY HERE,I HAVE BEEN READING BAD REVIEWS ABOUT THE SCHOOL ONLINE AND I ALSO HAVE A OFFER LETTER FROM THE SCHOOL.
PLEASE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO EITHER TO ACCEPT THE OFFER OR JUST GO WITH MY OTHER OFFERS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MSbarbieK: 3:22pm On May 16, 2022
Newbie123:
Just started filling out my visa and I have some questions please.....

1) What does the part that says: do you have a valid National Identity Card refer to? Is this referring to International passport (I already filled that part out) Or driver's licence or NIN card? What if I don't have it? Please see attached photo. what happen if i say no?

2) For IHS payment, when getting someone to pay for you, can the person be in any country?
If Yes, please does it mean you have to give the person your log in details or an account number would be provided when I get to the payment page?

3) If I want to use a dollar account for the IHS payment and I already have dollars in the account, would i be charged the official rate when payment is made or it's still black market rate?

Please help with any one you can answer. It would be highly appreciated. Make i no go make mistake mbok.

Hi, please the part asking national identity card. Can one say No if there's no NIN
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by OgbeniOptional(m): 3:24pm On May 16, 2022
Ma’am, I understand your point and it’s true to some extent but I will never frustrate my wife cuz she suggest something good that I’m not in agreement with. Thank God you said she has a point. This is not a matter of life and death nah. I’m not suggesting she should ever go against her husband wishes, if she has a point, then It won’t be nice on her and the kids just because the “Head of the house” want it. What’s the essence of her brains if the head of the house will always want to be right?

Cashmadam:

We all know she has a point. But what does she do if her husband is not seeing the point? Are you suggesting she goes against her husband's wishes and then what happens? Madam/Sir, I also lived in the UK so that is not a big deal. It takes two to make it work anywhere in the world. Not just in the UK. If the man is not in agreement, it will be tough for her. He will frustrate her. That is a fact. All married women can attest to this

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Preshila(f): 3:26pm On May 16, 2022
jamilkb:
mine was deducted at 523 but they haven't credited the FX account since may10, did you call anyone to speed it up? Also, I'm not in Nigeria, can the bank send me soft copy of TELEX via email instead?

Okay. The naira is getting stronger, that's really good.
It took exactly 6days to credit my pounds account and another 4 days for my school to be debited. I didn't call anyone, I just kept showing face at my branch and sitting with the head of ops there. Dude got tired of my face apparently and was stressing them at the headquarters too. I guess all these together helped my cause. As for telex, they said they only print, but considering the peculiarity of your case, they might make an exception send you a soft copy. I believe its doable.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Godrescues: 3:27pm On May 16, 2022
Thank you for the feedback.

Ugmama:

Depends on who the sponsor is to you. If it's your parents, then it okay to use their account as POF.

If not, please push the fund into your account.

Meanwhile, ensure you have fund before doing this UK japa thing so you can at least take care of yourself.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Preshila(f): 3:27pm On May 16, 2022
Queenisco:

Please how long did it take Zenith Bank to transfer the money to the school/debit after it had changed to ADB Supervisor?
About 22/23 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Godrescues: 3:28pm On May 16, 2022
Thanks for the advice.

duchess90:
Hello

Yes you can, the husband (sponsor) should ensure he provides a cover letter saying the POF is available for his wife

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Newbie123: 3:36pm On May 16, 2022
MSbarbieK:

Hi, please the part asking national identity card. Can one say No if there's no NIN

I said no.

Under documents, you'll be required to upload evidence that you have permission to be in the country where you are
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPARKAMANI: 3:40pm On May 16, 2022
Oyesquare10:
Please anyone here who did biometric on the 5th of April or earlier and still waiting for Visa?
is it dependant visa)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ace0074: 3:41pm On May 16, 2022
sarahulumenfoh:
Please is there a WhatsApp group for September intake for University of hull?

I envy you say you get admission for hull
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPARKAMANI: 3:41pm On May 16, 2022
skydude:

Not yet still awaiting. Hopefully we wud start getting from this week
is it dependent visa?? Because normal study visa have started getting o. But if its dependent it will take time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.