Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1207682 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Newbie123: 5:25am On Jan 25, 2022
I've been waiting for this new thread!

This is the thread I get to type VISA ALERT!!! grin grin grin

27 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MrsDanex: 5:31am On Jan 25, 2022
Okay, thanks. Was it because of the food you said it’s fair? And did I have to do pre covid test for fully vaccinated person? Please just enlighten me on what to expect before boarding. Thanks
Osoderi:

Fair. Just carry enough snacks to eat in the aircraft, their food is small ooo. I was very hungry .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Logzzy: 5:37am On Jan 25, 2022
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ensamy(m): 6:13am On Jan 25, 2022
mimilyrics:
Glad to be of help. Final additions below for those who ask.
Note:
You can use Microfinance banks as long as they are registered with and licenced by CBN.
You should also find out if any one has used the statements from that bank before because it also proves that the bank can satisfactorily verify financial statements through UKVI established channels. The bank being able to verify the statement to UKVI as required and when due is key.
CAS - Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. You need this from your school to apply
ECO - Entry Clearance Officer. The visa official that assesses your application.
NSF mail - Non-Straightforward mail. You get this mail if they need more documents from you or if they won't be able to decide your application within the set timeframes.
POE - Point Of Entry. The airport that you come in through.
POF - Proof Of Funds. Evidence of how you intend to fund your studies.
Thanks alot for explaining common abbreviations, this is very important for people to understand how things work in the UKVI

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 25, 2022
OgbeniOptional:
@mimilyrics. FOR DEPENDANTS: Your family must be in the UK as your dependant under the Student visa for them to qualify as your dependants under the Graduate visa route. This means that they must apply to join you more than 6 months to the end of your course since BRPs are not issued for any visa below 6 months.

Please I’d like you to clarify this for me, before 6 months current visa expires or end of course? There is 4 months extra after end of course. My partner will round up her masters program in Nigeria around May and that’s when she plans to apply. So I’m confused. Thanks

Pls, kindly explain BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) to me - what's its all about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 25, 2022
Godsknight:
I have got admission to study one year MSC logistics and supply chain management at university of hull . I also applied for two years master program in Bournemouth university. I don't know the one to go for . The major factor I am considering is chance of getting student job. Which of the two has more job opportunities?

Student job isn't much of a stress in the UK. you'll ordinarily get one in any university.

As for choosing, I'll highly recommend Bournemouth. 2 years courses are always most preferred - they will buy you more time, when your study is over...

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by LuchiBianca(f): 6:26am On Jan 25, 2022
Yup. For your meal please chose steak option and thank me later.

MrsDanex:
Is Turkish a good airline?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 6:26am On Jan 25, 2022
Good day house, please who has been able to get the priority visa service refund from TLS. I emailed them couple of times, they did send me a rebate form to complete, I did as instructed. After a week I emailed them again and they told me they didn’t receive the rebate form I filled. I filled in another one and since then no response yet. Has anyone been successfully in getting priority refund back ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by florixi: 7:11am On Jan 25, 2022
To the glory of God i enter UK yesterday.
Very Smooth Journey , my POE was Heathrow airport terminal 5 and the immigration officer there was just talking with me like two jolly friends that are meeting themselves after a long separation. Na so we dey talk we dey laugh grin

He was just lecturing me on how to collect my BRP at my university address written on the visa letter and my BRP is what i need to travel when next am travelling.

Indeed, what God can not do does not exist.

143 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pete3000: 7:14am On Jan 25, 2022
I will get my visa in this part by God’s grace. Amen

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by cyberbullly(m): 7:44am On Jan 25, 2022
toms55:
My testimony spot here .

Amen. Me too

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by peterdrury: 7:51am On Jan 25, 2022
Mannymanny:

So she should go ahead and apply to those schools with her result?
Yes, she must have ND and HND Transcripts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by efosakelly: 8:15am On Jan 25, 2022
Edwosa:

Pls, kindly explain BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) to me - what's its all about.
Edwosa, Let me give you an idea of what BRP is so that you can Move on. I am not an expert sha.
So when your visa is approved, you Qualify for a residence permit to stay in the UK during the duration of your course and a little extra, But this permit is not given to you until you arrive in the UK... But you will be given a Visa, that i also hear them call a vignette, to enter the UK, this visa will be valid for a short period. that is the one that will be on your passport. so when you arrive, you can now enroll and Pick up your BRP , Hope it is not the Biometric that is confusing you, It is just a residence permit that has been prepared by the biometric information you summited at the VAC. Biometric information means (Finger print and face capture.)
If i do mistake, make una correct me, those of una wey don collect VISA and enter UK.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hayjaypapa: 8:15am On Jan 25, 2022
Please how do I send a paid mail ? Did my biometrics 4th January
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sweetoma: 8:21am On Jan 25, 2022
hayjaypapa:

Abuja ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sweetoma: 8:23am On Jan 25, 2022
hayjaypapa:

Use this link
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by alexisHazel: 8:23am On Jan 25, 2022
January 6th, Abuja TLS
Has anyone application reaches VAC yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hayjaypapa: 8:24am On Jan 25, 2022
Yes.. Abuja

Abuja ? [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hayjaypapa: 8:27am On Jan 25, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by valyrose: 8:32am On Jan 25, 2022
6th Jan, VI TLS any news? VI people give us small hope na.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Poanan: 8:55am On Jan 25, 2022
Good morning all. Please i need help. I intend to pay for school accommodation totalling about 4k pounds before leaving. My question is... will I qualify for PTA after paying accommodation.

Abeg make una help answer the question o.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 25, 2022
efosakelly:

Edwosa, Let me give you an idea of what BRP is so that you can Move on. I am not an expert sha.
So when your visa is approved, you Qualify for a residence permit to stay in the UK during the duration of your course and a little extra, But this permit is not given to you until you arrive in the UK... But you will be given a Visa, that i also hear them call a vignette, to enter the UK, this visa will be valid for a short period. that is the one that will be on your passport. so when you arrive, you can now enroll and Pick up your BRP , Hope it is not the Biometric that is confusing you, It is just a residence permit that has been prepared by the biometric information you summited at the VAC. Biometric information means (Finger print and face capture.)
If i do mistake, make una correct me, those of una wey don collect VISA and enter UK.

@EfosaKelly,thanks for the insights shared
Edo language - uwese kakabo

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mimilyrics: 9:06am On Jan 25, 2022
As long as her permission is not 6 months or less, she'll get her BRP card and also pay IHS but if 6 months or less, no BRP or IHS payment (No "free" NHS health care).
Towotowo:
This was helpful, thanks. I have a friend whose wife is applying next month and his visa ends by October 2022, that's 8 months left. I hope its ok if she applies at this time, and what's the chances she'll get her BRP also? looking forward to read back from you..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mannymanny: 9:09am On Jan 25, 2022
toyolax:

Instead of asking the school's representatives just apply to the school. Admission for Masters in the UK is not as difficult as most people say. There's no application fees, so apply to like 10 schools( I did the same).
I can confirm these schools accept HND Lower Credit.

Derby
Leed Beckett
Sheffield Hallam
Glascow Caledonian
Edinburgh Napier
Plymouth

I must also add that every application is unique and treated in different ways.

Man, you just gave me a morale booster... thanks G!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by OgbeniOptional(m): 9:22am On Jan 25, 2022
Good thanks for the clarification. My visa expires by January and I think May is not bad, she won’t really give up the masters now but will apply around April to be on a safer side.

mimilyrics:
Pardon the confusion. Must here is relative - it was used to convey the importance of the situation. I should have typed "should ideally" since this is advisory.

The dependant won't have access to "free" (subsidised) NHS services since IHS is not paid for visas that are 6 months or less. What if something happens and your dependant needs healthcare? The bill might be crippling and end up being more than the yearly IHS.

Also, coming too close to when the main applicant puts in an application for the graduate visa might raise flags as to the timing. You need to have lived together for some time before the application - this shows genuineness and doesn't come across as arranged. Coming few weeks to the visa end date might raise some doubts around being genuinely married except there are genuine reasons for this.

If you plan to arrive less than 6 months to the end of the main applicant's visa and for some reason, UKVI delays your application or other circumstances beyond your control happen, it means that you might not arrive before your partner has to put in an application for the graduate visa which may see you living without your partner for the better part of 2 years, in the absence of a work visa. If you're not in the UK as a dependant prior to the application, you won't be able to apply as a dependant.

Some HRs also don't have a strong grip of immigration rules and it might be difficult to get a job (if you want one as a dependant) because 1. You don't have a BRP (even with BRP, some of them still errorneously delay employment checks because it's not a situation that they are used to and 2. The short duration on the visa might deter some employers (the ones who will employ you will do so irrespective of the hurdles).

So to avoid stress and plenty "explanations" or last minute issues, better to join earlier.

Please note that each application is different and is subject to the ECO's discretion.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Edunrybaba: 9:37am On Jan 25, 2022
Any update from any Ikeja applicants in January so far?.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by alexisHazel: 9:44am On Jan 25, 2022
hayjaypapa:
Yes.. Abuja

Abuja ?

Please when did u notice that yours moved to VAC

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Uyigue12(m): 9:44am On Jan 25, 2022
florixi:
To the glory of God i enter UK yesterday.
Very Smooth Journey , my POE was Heathrow airport terminal 5 and the immigration officer there was just talking with me like two jolly friends that are meeting themselves after a long separation. Na so we dey talk we dey laugh grin

He was just lecturing me on how to collect my BRP at my university address written on the visa letter and my BRP is what i need to travel when next am travelling.

Indeed, what God can not do does not exist.
pls can you put me through the school you use and how you also did your embassy submission

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ijeawele26: 9:46am On Jan 25, 2022
I will come back to this thread in a week or two to give my own testimony. I BELIEVE �

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sunnywhite0027(m): 9:46am On Jan 25, 2022
sweetoma:

Use this link
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

I am trying to use my mastercard ATM to do the payment , but it has been failing to go through.

I suspect it could be because of the difference in currency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AirBay: 9:47am On Jan 25, 2022
Base "Shiftid" grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sweetoma: 9:49am On Jan 25, 2022
Sunnywhite0027:

I am trying to use my mastercard ATM to do the payment , but it has been failing to go through.

I suspect it could be because of the difference in currency
No the currency doesn’t matter, just try another card. I used my GTB card to pay

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.