Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,295 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1209759 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:14pm On May 22, 2022
Hello

I think study gap documents might be for more than 5 years gap.

My opinion is apply as usual and just prepare additional documents incase it is requested, for instance NYSC covers 2019, and a reference letter from your aunt's company plus your CV can be a second document for 2020 till date.

I don't know if you were paid full time or you just volunteered to work with your aunty and was given a little upkeep, both scenarios are okay.

Hope it helps

Cheers

AbiolaSYA:
Hello @duchesss, Good morning ma’am.

Please I have a question to ask you, I hope you can answer me. Thank you.

I’m about to apply for my visa and I’m not sure of the right documents.
I finished my undergrad 2018 and completed nysc 2019. I haven’t been in stable employment since then, I’ve been working with my aunt. So my question is: do I need to include an employment reference in my visa application or there’s no need? I’ve been seeing posts about study gap, so I’m curious. Thank you ma’am.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On May 22, 2022
@Solatium & Bosayan

Please enough, both of you are derailing this thread

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Solatium(m): 12:19pm On May 22, 2022
justwise:
@Solatium & Bosayan

i apologize jàre.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by babino22: 12:20pm On May 22, 2022
Honestly, the thing tire me.
okorogbo:

Bro,no be you choose the course?
which kain question come be this one now

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bourne007(m): 12:29pm On May 22, 2022
I don't think being refused is part of CAS form when filling in applicant's details by unis.

Academic progression came into law and one of the main reasons universities ask previous visa details is to determine if a student can show that their course represents progression from any previous course they have or had studied in the UK.

Another reason is to protect their license as the number of student refusal can impact their license. The Visa refusal rate if high will flag up and they also go through UKVI audit about their processes and procedures to see if they've been compliant. They view these refusal details and then use that to determine whether applicant will have a straight forward application for a visa.

I personally don't think it has any implication but what I don't understand is being insincere in one's application and then dey run kiti kiti dey run kata kata asking for people's opinion undecided

duchess90:
Hello

The implications are endless but let me give you one example as a scenario.

You hide your visa refusal for instance from your Uni and pay your deposit say £5000

Your Uni request and submit your CAS details to UKVI, part of the questions is on refusal and your UNI responds No.

You get your CAS and submit your visa application and then declare your refusal so you say Yes

The visa officer spots this and refuses your visa amongst other things, you go back to the Uni and request refund do you think they should refund your deposit?

Declaring your refusal paints a clear picture of your travel/immigration history and ensures the details they have on their end matches yours.It naturally shouldn't affect their decision to grant you admission unless on severe cases for instance ban.

And yes this scenario has happened before.

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ashleysiokwu(f): 12:29pm On May 22, 2022
Hello, anyone here is or knows someone that has applied to University of Sheffield or is currently studying at the University of Sheffield?

Icydan:
Update!!!
So my friend gave me his friend's number who works in Zenith bank, I called the guy and told him how my Form A has been at disbursement stage since 2 weeks now and the have charge me #8225 already and he told me that there's nothing him or branch manager can do about it at this moment...reason being that CBN have been giving them small FX now, so they only distribute it to those that disturb them alot.
Now here is what he said for the solution.
"Go to Twitter tag zenith bank, CBN, and mention the branch you had transaction with,quarrel them all with words and state your reason why the need to debit you ASAP"

NOTE: only those that are on disbursement stage

Guys let's blast them on twitter it can be of help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by munetty(m): 12:36pm On May 22, 2022
I applied for MBA at Cardiff metropolitan university but they don't grant me admission, what are the Chances of getting admission with the HND in UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bosayan: 12:42pm On May 22, 2022
justwise:
@Solatium & Bosayan

So sorry about that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ashleysiokwu(f): 12:46pm On May 22, 2022
Hello @duchee90, good day ma,

1. Please I am trying to connect with anyone going to University of Sheffield this September or already schooling there.

2. Payment quote/instructions from the university expires every 2 days, any advice on how I can navigate that considering the Form A process in Nigeria.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SakJiggy: 12:48pm On May 22, 2022
What about in the instance whereby during your CAS request, you didn't specify you had a dependent (because you are not married yet). after you get married later, will your dependent be able to apply?

is this possible?

duchess90:
Hello

The implications are endless but let me give you one example as a scenario.

You hide your visa refusal for instance from your Uni and pay your deposit say £5000

Your Uni request and submit your CAS details to UKVI, part of the questions is on refusal and your UNI responds No.

You get your CAS and submit your visa application and then declare your refusal so you say Yes

The visa officer spots this and refuses your visa amongst other things, you go back to the Uni and request refund do you think they should refund your deposit?

Declaring your refusal paints a clear picture of your travel/immigration history and ensures the details they have on their end matches yours.It naturally shouldn't affect their decision to grant you admission unless on severe cases for instance ban.

And yes this scenario has happened before.

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bosayan: 12:49pm On May 22, 2022
Solatium:

grin grin grin

No be tell you say make you no dey read, when all your mates dey listen to news, reading journals and listening to those who have content,na Igbo you dey smoke all about,e come dey pain you say someone know pass you.

You can always be better than the best man here, research reading is all that requires,no just dey vex for nothing so tigbọ grin

Na me and the one you put for house Dey smoke am together, I hope she is still in your house

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by munetty(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2022
[quote author=Mannymanny post=109667262]Good day folks, I spoke to Nigerian representative of Sheffield Hallam Uni about the chances of someone with HND in SLT cgpa of 2.93... his response was like they are not going to give her an offer, he also said no school is going to offer her an admission because she has a lower credit.

Is there any truth to this? And are there any advices from people who have been in a similar situation? Thanks am facing the same issue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:53pm On May 22, 2022
Hello,

You can get married anytime and your dependant can apply anytime

It shouldn't be a concern

Cheers

SakJiggy:
What about in the instance whereby during your CAS request, you didn't specify you had a dependent (because you are not married yet). after you get married later, will your dependent be able to apply?

is this possible?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bourne007(m): 12:54pm On May 22, 2022
Being the main applicant and a dependant are completely different processes

SakJiggy:

is this possible?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:55pm On May 22, 2022
Hello

You will shocked there is a section like that as a volume (as per intake/academic session) and if needed individually

Academic progression is also to avoid people repeating same level of education/course and extending their stay unnecessarily

But yes I agree the Uni's have a license to protect

Cheers

Bourne007:
I don't think being refused is part of CAS form when filling in applicant's details by unis.

Academic progression came into law and one of the main reasons universities ask previous visa details is to determine if a student can show that their course represents progression from any previous course they have or had studied in the UK.

Another reason is to protect their license as the number of student refusal can impact their license. The Visa refusal rate if high will flag up and they also go through UKVI audit about their processes and procedures to see if they've been compliant. They view these refusal details and then use that to determine whether applicant will have a straight forward application for a visa.

I personally don't think it has any implication but what I don't understand is being insincere in one's application and then dey run kiti kiti dey run kata kata asking for people's opinion undecided

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SakJiggy: 12:58pm On May 22, 2022
Thank you for the prompt response.

Also what are processes of making a relative your legal guardian? Is it straightforward in Nigeria and How may UKVI verify this?

duchess90:
Hello,

You can get married anytime and your dependant can apply anytime

It shouldn't be a concern

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SakJiggy: 12:59pm On May 22, 2022
I thought as much. wanted to be sure. Thank you!
Bourne007:
Being the main applicant and a dependant are completely different processes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Solatium(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2022
Bosayan:

Na me and the one you put for house Dey smoke am together, I hope she is still in your house

No,na the one wey dey your house i dey poke grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bourne007(m): 1:16pm On May 22, 2022
I looked it up and this is what they ask for.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/certificates-of-sponsorship-cos-sms-user-manual

duchess90:
Hello

You will shocked there is a section like that as a volume (as per intake/academic session) and if needed individually

Academic progression is also to avoid people repeating same level of education/course and extending their stay unnecessarily

But yes I agree the Uni's have a license to protect

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by fatee2000(f): 1:20pm On May 22, 2022
babajideoluwa14:

What is the implication of saying NO previous visa refusals during the precas interview and eventually declare during the visa process with the embassy?

Please I really need your possible honest outcome.

Thanks and God bless
Your question has already been answered, please declare your refusal during the precas interview to avoid any issues.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 1:29pm On May 22, 2022
Mrskolapo1:

Are you going there this September? My husband got a discount of 3k£ from the school

I might be going there, waiting for my unconditional offer . Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 1:32pm On May 22, 2022
Interesting,

This was updated in 2020, that means quarterly reporting by Uni's to UKVI may also be updated which is what I was referring to when I mentioned volume(per intake/academic session)

Good to know and thanks for sharing

Cheers

Bourne007:
I looked it up and this is what they ask for.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/certificates-of-sponsorship-cos-sms-user-manual

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 1:35pm On May 22, 2022
babajideoluwa14:

What is the implication of saying NO previous visa refusals during the precas interview and eventually declare during the visa process with the embassy?

Please I really need your possible honest outcome.

Thanks and God bless

Why is this visa refusal so difficult for you? You should know there’s nothing to fear & it doesn’t hinder your chances. If there’s Precas interview state it, there’s a reason 80% of the schools always have that question in their application form. I just don’t know why all this I forgot, I forgot that . Be transparent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 1:39pm On May 22, 2022
Hello,

Unfortunately I do not know much about University of Sheffield.

Hopefully someone sees this and responds

Cheers

ashleysiokwu:
Hello @duchee90, good day ma,

1. Please I am trying to connect with anyone going to University of Sheffield this September or already schooling there.

2. Payment quote/instructions from the university expires every 2 days, any advice on how I can navigate that considering the Form A process in Nigeria.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bharkarh(m): 1:39pm On May 22, 2022
tadelubi:
pls house, just got admission to university of greenwich. how far with the school, please house i need a swift response. the school sent a mail that my course as limited offer, that i should make tution dep of 3k in 28 days, else i want to be given an opportunity to continue. msc logistics and supply chain management. plss help a sister. i also applied to plymouth no response yet. over a month now.
hi, please there is a part in the registration that I seem not to understand. I have uploaded my transcript but I am still seeing a part where I need to fill the transcript (level, subject, grade etc) did you fill it during your application or you just uploaded the transcript and submit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 1:43pm On May 22, 2022
Hello,

How old is your relative? Where are the natural birth parents and what conditions are currently making them incapable of taking decisions for their child?

You will need a lawyer to follow the legal process, they will advise better

Cheers

SakJiggy:
Thank you for the prompt response.

Also what are processes of making a relative your legal guardian? Is it straightforward in Nigeria and How may UKVI verify this?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by jum33: 1:56pm On May 22, 2022
Gift7428:
Have you been to the the Centre in Ikeja.People get there as early as 5:30 and they said they did theirs same day.I am going to use the same method on Friday. That’s what the security guy told me to do.

Thanks ,I will do so this week as well.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Temayo: 2:03pm On May 22, 2022
Hello everyone.

Please I need the list of requirements for visa application - I mean documents I will need for biometrics.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AbiolaSYA: 2:06pm On May 22, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

I think study gap documents might be for more than 5 years gap.

My opinion is apply as usual and just prepare additional documents incase it is requested, for instance NYSC covers 2019, and a reference letter from your aunt's company plus your CV can be a second document for 2020 till date.

I don't know if you were paid full time or you just volunteered to work with your aunty and was given a little upkeep, both scenarios are okay.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Thank you for your response ma’am.

Should I include my nysc certificate in my visa application as well or wait until it’s requested and then upload both nysc certificate and reference letter?
Sadly, I’m not paid full time, it’s more of a volunteer work and occasionally I get compensated but not on regular basis.
Also, the company is on my CV from late 2019-Date. Do I upload my CV as well or just wait? I’m sorry for all these questions ma’am. Just trying to put forward an airtight application. Thank you ma’am.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by timmb(m): 2:08pm On May 22, 2022
Please Guy help! There's a mistake on the date of birth on my waec ( GCE) certificate which is different from my original date of birth on my passport. The year on waec is 1986 while the passport is 1987 which is the correct one. Please guys what can I do. Will affidavit be okay for school and visa application?

Pls guy help me with this......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bourne007(m): 2:15pm On May 22, 2022
How you take skip page 1 .. You just jumped to this page lol

Temayo:
Hello everyone.

Please I need the list of requirements for visa application - I mean documents I will need for biometrics.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.