Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1216134 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Chevronstaff: 4:43pm On May 24, 2022
oviasouth:
good afternoon all, first time commenting.

pls i applied mid may for admission to about 12 uk schools for masters. and i have not gotten a response yet from any only one rejection from sunderland.
is may too late to secure a september admission?
plus i have an Hnd upper credit ,ICAN and 12yrs experience.. my chances?? though i took advise from here to apply to some schools accepting HND.

i wonder if the no response yet is coz of that HND?and do i just start applying for january? or is too early.

Do you have a Bachelor's degree? If no, most schools in the U.K will continue to reject your application..

I'll advice you apply to Robert Gordon University. They offer admission to HND holders.

Secondly, learn to be PATIENT.. Most schools are dealing with large volume of applications..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Susky(m): 4:45pm On May 24, 2022
Congrats!!!!!! Pls how did you make payment for your Visa and IHS application fee

Tukurjg:
VISA ALART

Application date:11/04/2022
Sent paid email last week Friday: Decision made
Passport collection email:24/05/2022

Approximately 6 weeks when you remove public holidays

Note: 8 years study gap, I only uploaded the following documents:
BSc
CAS Statement
TB test
Job/employment to cover study gap.

I’m dropping this here to encourage everyone that’s still waiting, I know the anxiety and stress that comes with this process, but once it’s your turn you’ll get it.

This platform was very informative as I always read through people’s comments here everyday �.

PLEASE WHOEVER THAT KNOWS HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET PTA SHOULD LET ME KNOW. Which bank is faster?
When filling it on cbn trade system portal which option should I choose?
Your response will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by olaoye15(m): 4:48pm On May 24, 2022
Hello house.

Cab someone help review my Personal Statement? I will be very grateful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Fibonacci2021: 4:48pm On May 24, 2022
Congrats. I tap into your testimony.
Thanks for sharing!

Tukurjg:
VISA ALART

BSc
CAS Statement
TB test

I’m dropping this here to encourage everyone that’s still waiting, I know the anxiety and stress that comes with this process, but once it’s your turn you’ll get it.

This platform was very informative as I always read through people’s comments here everyday �.

PLEASE WHOEVER THAT KNOWS HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET PTA SHOULD LET ME KNOW. Which bank is faster?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Alhajishow: 4:48pm On May 24, 2022
Faithwithhope:
Good day everyone
I literally just joined the house and I’m getting to learn few things here .Thanks for that .
I have a question pls and I need one of the gurus in the house to help me out with this
I applied for Canada visa last year and I was refused , so I applied for HRM post graduate course at university of Greenwich and have paid my deposit , now I’m waiting on the CAS . Please guys wen filling up the visa form do I need to tell them the truth about about the Canada visa refusal since I’m currently applying for UK

Yes you need to tell them the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by BarrONLS: 5:16pm On May 24, 2022
Tukurjg:
VISA ALART

BSc
CAS Statement
TB test

Congratulations. I am my family will come here and testify in few months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by fatee2000(f): 5:16pm On May 24, 2022
Faithwithhope:
Good day everyone
I literally just joined the house and I’m getting to learn few things here .Thanks for that .
I have a question pls and I need one of the gurus in the house to help me out with this
I applied for Canada visa last year and I was refused , so I applied for HRM post graduate course at university of Greenwich and have paid my deposit , now I’m waiting on the CAS . Please guys wen filling up the visa form do I need to tell them the truth about about the Canada visa refusal since I’m currently applying for UK
Yes declare your refusal.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Champay: 5:18pm On May 24, 2022
DarkEvanny:

Use your BSc certificate only. Although a strong personal Statement might be only to convince your school of choice but to be on the safer side, During your visa process, Uk visas & immigration might question your genuine intent to actually study in the Uk….If you have masters & PhD already why another masters?? Honestly speaking there’s no need to declare your masters & PhD, it doesn’t increase your chances of getting admission.just apply with your BSc

How then does one cover for the study gap? Please put in mind that I have had no paid employment or payment slip.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Champay: 5:21pm On May 24, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

What do you mean by first and second year PhD results as highlighted.

Do you progress review? There is always only one final result at the end of your program after your viva defense which could either be generally a pass, pass with minor corrections or a fail

Is that the result you refer to?

My bad. I meant to say an official letter detailing that I have studied for two years as a PHD student.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Promoter2: 5:23pm On May 24, 2022
Champay:

My bad. I meant to say an official letter detailing that I have studied for two years as a PHD student.

No need

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Champay: 5:23pm On May 24, 2022
Solatium:

Is either you go on another PhD journey in UK or you apply to master programs,no amount of how sugar coated your cover letter will be that will allow them grant you your wish.
Is like going back to Primary school after writing your o'level.
who does that?

How then can I cover for the attendant huge study gap? First degree since 2012.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Naomimary: 5:24pm On May 24, 2022
Tukurjg:

I didn’t submit any other thing apart from the ones I list, not even birth certificate or anything other document.

Thanks for responding. But did your Uni write the English proficiency test used on your CAS? Like WAEC or IELTS? Sorry for my many questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Naomimary: 5:24pm On May 24, 2022
Tukurjg:

I didn’t submit any other thing apart from the ones I list, not even birth certificate or anything other document.

Thanks for responding. But did your Uni write the English proficiency test used on your CAS? Like WAEC or IELTS? Sorry for my many questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Waltz007: 5:33pm On May 24, 2022
Tukurjg:
VISA ALART

BSc
CAS Statement
TB test

Congrats.... Pls which employment letter did you use? Is it the most recent or the past?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by aysticksz: 5:47pm On May 24, 2022
Please I want to ask if I can use a different POF to collect CAS and use another for visa application.

Because the POF I want to use for visa application is not yet mature.

Please I need an urgent answer undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by OmichaelO: 5:51pm On May 24, 2022
[quote author=DarkEvanny post=113126875][/quote]Thank you so much bro.

I didn't realize it was needed until after biometrics.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 5:58pm On May 24, 2022
Champay:

I don’t know, just stating the obvious. You can’t declare phd & going for another MSc

Your best bet will be to go for postgraduate research courses
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Naomimary: 6:00pm On May 24, 2022
Champay:

Employment and reference letters for the last 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abeysticks: 6:00pm On May 24, 2022
Good evening house, I want to ask ,how much is TB test in naira ? And how many days it takes to get the result or certificate.? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Faithwithhope: 6:02pm On May 24, 2022
Please guys one more question

Is there anyone here who applied to university of Greenwich for sept 2022?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by OmichaelO: 6:02pm On May 24, 2022
Tukurjg:

Congratulations boss. your passport page nko did you submit ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by OmichaelO: 6:04pm On May 24, 2022
abeysticks:
Good evening house, I want to ask ,how much is TB test in naira ? And how many days it takes to get the result or certificate.? Thanks

Same day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by OmichaelO: 6:06pm On May 24, 2022
Susky:
Pls who has open domicilary account with UBA and have use it to pay for Visa and IHS fee? Can I use it to pay for Visa and IHS fee and what is the maximum limit? Thanks in advance for your kind respond.
I did with UBA.

Yes, you can. I Used it to pay for both IHS and visa fee for Main applicant and partner.

As for maximum limit, I don't know. But we have upto 4k usd and we didn't see anything like limit exceeded.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 6:07pm On May 24, 2022
Hello,

Just state it during your visa application. That should be okay

Cheers

Summertime:

Hi Duchess, pls is there any remedy for this as I stated that I have not been refused visa in my uni application (but was refused a US Study Visa last year). Now I am waiting for CAS, which may drop any moment. I intend to state myvl refusal in my application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Alliswell123: 6:10pm On May 24, 2022
Congratulations,
Pls did you leave money in the bank for 6weeks

Tukurjg:
VISA ALART

BSc
CAS Statement
TB test

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 6:13pm On May 24, 2022
Hello,

I thought as much

Okay,this is what I would do if I were in your shoes, I would apply for a Master's by research, I would include my Bsc, previous masters degree and admission letter for PhD(covering the gaps)

The reason I say so is because when the quality of research doesn't fit PhD it is moved or downgraded to a Master's by research.

Your cover letter can then tell why you have decided to go for a master's by research with the aim of moving to a PhD.

It still shows progression, and atleast you don't have to remove your other degrees and still cover the gaps.

My opinion though

Cheers

Champay:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abeysticks: 6:18pm On May 24, 2022
OmichaelO:

Same day

Thanks a lot I am so honoured
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abeysticks: 6:20pm On May 24, 2022
OmichaelO:
I did with UBA.

Yes, you can. I Used it to pay for both IHS and visa fee for Main applicant and partner.

As for maximum limit, I don't know. But we have upto 4k usd and we didn't see anything like limit exceeded.

Pls can you share the processes involved. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DamiVine: 6:20pm On May 24, 2022
Congratulations!!!

Tukurjg:
VISA ALART

BSc
CAS Statement
TB test

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abeysticks: 6:20pm On May 24, 2022
OmichaelO:
I did with UBA.

Pls can you share the processes involved. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.