Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1210825 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by fatee2000(f): 7:59am On May 26, 2022
Skin90:
Good morning house,

Can some open bank account today and use it as POF immediately?
Yes you can. Of course the money has to stay there for 28 days.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Zammuell: 8:04am On May 26, 2022
MacDarrey:
Rush to your bank to confirm if your email addy is linked to your BVN. If not, get it linked and confirm with them then go back to TMS and retry.

The issue itself is not a link from email but a general problem since Tuesday morning, beside, my email correspond with my bvn
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Skin90(m): 8:20am On May 26, 2022
fatee2000:

Yes you can. Of course the money has to stay there for 28 days.

Thanks for your swift reply

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Akinlekan(m): 8:24am On May 26, 2022
Hello guys, who was able to pay their deposit using flywire + Form A here, i need little help with completing the form A
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Afmaag123: 8:28am On May 26, 2022
Wow. You mean you did your biometrics 8th of April and picked up May 25th? That's long ohh.
Thank God it was successful

Adejumoke00:
Congratulations � � �.. This will sure be my testimony very soon �

First time posting! It would have been a disservice if after all I have learnt here, I don't give back.
So firstly God never fails!
We picked our our visas today
Family of 5 ( oldest kid 15 and youngest 3)
Started the process September last year and was originally planning for January but school deferred admission to June it has been a very long journey.
Biometrics done 8th of April at ikeja
Documents submitted for main applicant was CAS, waec certificate, university certificate,c.v
Tb test, marriage certificate, pictures of family and of cos POF.
I have 20 year study gap, though I have taken several short courses including 2 short course done in the UK a few years ago.
No Nsf mail received.
Lessons I learnt is no short cut with this thing, be ready to read and research, I spent a lot of time searching for information both here and on Google and of the UKVI site ( information there is very robust). For nairaland, I would use keywords to search for whatever I needed and got quite a lot of answers without having to ask questions. I really must thank the moderators.
God bless grant us all our heart desires. (Amen)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Afmaag123: 8:30am On May 26, 2022
You are supposed to raise a flywire advice then fill the E form A on the portal. Attach your docs and go submit the AF number in the bank.
But Flywire is predominantly used in Canada. Supposed u r using flywire.
Akinlekan:
Hello guys, who was able to pay their deposit using flywire + Form A here, i need little help with completing the form A
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Happyfellow147: 8:31am On May 26, 2022
How can I search for info on a particular thread on nairaland?
Once I type search, it searches the entire nairaland website
Adejumoke00:
Congratulations � � �.. This will sure be my testimony very soon �

First time posting! It would have been a disservice if after all I have learnt here, I don't give back.
Started the process September last year and was originally planning for January but school deferred admission to June it has been a very long journey.
Documents submitted for main applicant was CAS, waec certificate, university certificate,c.v
I have 20 year study gap, though I have taken several short courses including 2 short course done in the UK a few years ago.
No Nsf mail received.
Lessons I learnt is no short cut with this thing, be ready to read and research, I spent a lot of time searching for information both here and on Google and of the UKVI site ( information there is very robust). For nairaland, I would use keywords to search for whatever I needed and got quite a lot of answers without having to ask questions. I really must thank the moderators.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Maykins(m): 8:33am On May 26, 2022
bharkarh:
Hi Family,

I got this mail from LSBU last night after putting in for their MSc Program in International Finance and Accounting.

Congratulations on your conditional offer of a place at LSBU!

Thank you for your application for the above programme. We are delighted to inform you that
you have been made a conditional offer subject to the following:

1. Pass IELTS Academic 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in Speaking and Writing, and minimum 5.5 in Reading and Listening. (WAEC is not sufficient) 2. Submit a satisfactory new personal statement (minimum 500 words. Please state the reasons why you selected this course at LSBU and how the course relates to your future career plan)

My question is, is there a way to convince them that my BSc was taught in English language?

Any help?

Hello I got the same offer too from LSBU , have you found a way out of this yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Happyfellow147: 8:34am On May 26, 2022
Exactly

Raise the flywire advice by selecting the currency you want to pay in.
In this case, select pounds
Then proceed to tradesystem portal

But I also want to ask, is the flywire advice the same as invoice as requested by tradesystem portal?
Afmaag123:
You are supposed to raise a flywire advice then fill the E form A on the portal. Attach your docs and go submit the AF number in the bank.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Akinlekan(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2022
Afmaag123:

So i am processing university of hull and the recommended way to pay is to use flywire. I was able to raise the payment invoice but there's no space for payment reference in Form A and it's marked important in flywire's invoice.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DamiVine: 8:56am On May 26, 2022
Congratulations

Amigo79:
Visa Alert!
No Nsf mail received.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Prosperity4All: 9:06am On May 26, 2022
MacDarrey:
Good day to all gurus in the house,

Please I need help here. I have been trying to book TB appointment with IOM Lagos and it's been hell online.
I was able to get through to their office via phone call this morning and what they ask was a mail from them with Ticket No and there was no response email from them up until now.

Please what is the best way to get the booking done? Do I need to be there physically? If yes, like what time is best to go there as I am aware of the crowd.
For those experiencing difficulty booking online for TB test.
Apply the following steps:

1. Send mail to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int
You will immediately receive a response with Ticket no included
2. Reply directly to the email address on the mail you received attaching Your International Passport and all the details you used to do the online booking.

They will now complete the booking and send you direction on makit payment for the TB test.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bibilucky1: 9:12am On May 26, 2022
thebossagain:

They charged me #530 , mine is exactly 24 hours have not seen a telex yet.

What do you mean if they have debit the pounds

Asides the tuition fee, what are the other charges??
I paid with Zenith bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by steadyMoving22: 9:26am On May 26, 2022
Sinmie20:

You mean proof of funds?

Exactly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sazjun76: 9:37am On May 26, 2022
Hello everyone, please can I use Globus bank or SunTrust bank for POF?

Please who as used them before? Please someone should guide me please. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kunleop: 9:39am On May 26, 2022
Pls who has used statement or notification of result to process form A. Pls I'm having serious issue with first bank.
Kindly help which bank can I use that will accept notification of result.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ensamy(m): 9:51am On May 26, 2022
I have an account that my POF is supposed to be 28th day that falls on a Sunday, I hope if I print the Statement of account on the 29th day which is Monday will not be a problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Afmaag123: 10:17am On May 26, 2022
Use it alongside your school invoice
Happyfellow147:
Exactly

Raise the flywire advice by selecting the currency you want to pay in.
In this case, select pounds
Then proceed to tradesystem portal

But I also want to ask, is the flywire advice the same as invoice as requested by tradesystem portal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Afmaag123: 10:21am On May 26, 2022
You don't need to input on the portal. Just include it on your authority to debit form the and indicate it as Remittance Information/ Reference. Make sure you attach your flywire payment advice also on the portal.
Also remember to include Student ID NO

Akinlekan:

So i am processing university of hull and the recommended way to pay is to use flywire. I was able to raise the payment invoice but there's no space for payment reference in Form A and it's marked important in flywire's invoice.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sniperaz: 10:25am On May 26, 2022
All of what you've written here might not be correct. This is just your opinion but i'll tell you facts.

As a parent, I'll tell you the mistakes I've made with my kids bio data.

1. I have listed a male child as a female child for a passport document and the mistake was only discovered at the time of biometrics capture.
2. I mix up my kids name several times, I cant even count.
3. Atimes, when filling their DoB, I mix it up or completely get it wrong and then call the partner to please re-confirm, who atimes also gets it wrong. The person with the right answer is usually the child
4. we've both given our neighbours address (house number) as ours before, a complete mistake!!!it was on returning home we reconfirmed the number at our door and called the agency to please rectify.

In all of these cases, it will be very silly for someone to think us as liars, they were genuine mistakes.

Solatium:

You are not mandated to fills form off hand, things like these are allowed to be verified by using an original document for clarification.
Why do you think people are usually allowed to go with a firm and submit after you are done with it? why do you think people allowed to fill online form at their convenience?
the mistakes in DOB or Misspelt of name has several dimensions.

1..If the i was supposed to type letter F on the keyboard but erroneously typed G i could be forgiven because of the proximity of the letters to each other,.

2...If The filled DoB by the Dad is 11-09-2000 and you turned up to say your new DoB is 20-10-1995
My brother how do you justify such?
Most time's these cases are much more complicated,if you go before a document examiners or an interviewer and tell them you can't remember your date of birth they will just be viewing you as a LIAR

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Maykins(m): 10:31am On May 26, 2022
bharkarh:
Hi Family,

I got this mail from LSBU last night after putting in for their MSc Program in International Finance and Accounting.

Congratulations on your conditional offer of a place at LSBU!

Thank you for your application for the above programme. We are delighted to inform you that you have been made a conditional offer subject to the following:

1. Pass IELTS Academic 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in Speaking and Writing, and minimum 5.5 in Reading and Listening. (WAEC is not sufficient) 2. Submit a satisfactory new personal statement (minimum 500 words. Please state the reasons why you selected this course at LSBU and how the course relates to your future career plan)

My question is, is there a way to convince them that my BSc was taught in English language?

Any help?

Some schools in the uk like LSBU require postgraduate students to write IELTS if their waec is more than 5 years

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by uchman(m): 10:38am On May 26, 2022
Lontrra:

And you're not ashamed to say this?

You think remembering my kids birthday is the best gift I can offer them in this tough economy?
My dear, there are much things to think of as a father that will better their lives and if I can succeed on giving them the best of life without remembering their birth dates, I have nothing to be ashamed of, their mother is there to do that.
Why will I bother myself in everything?
Remembering their birthdate, what will it add to their lives?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by magnumx: 10:41am On May 26, 2022
ensamy:
I have an account that my POF is supposed to be 28th day that falls on a Sunday, I hope if I print the Statement of account on the 29th day which is Monday will not be a problem.
not a problem

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by esdane(m): 10:43am On May 26, 2022
Vintagee:

I have been on this since Tuesday and already frustrated. After putting BVN it will just roll and stop. Someone should help with solution please.

Its going now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Amsterdamgirl: 10:44am On May 26, 2022
richardsfoster09:

Please is there any group? I got an offer from them too
Hello house! I’m also interested in knowing if there’s a group for university of Sunderland as I currently hold a conditional offer from them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sazjun76: 10:45am On May 26, 2022
Hello everyone, please can I use Globus bank or SunTrust bank for POF?

Please who as used them before? Please someone should guide me please. Thanks

Can someone help me with this??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Susky(m): 10:51am On May 26, 2022
Is transcript compulsory to apply for Visa? Do I need to upload it if is not stated on my CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sniperaz: 10:58am On May 26, 2022
Your tier 2 sponsorship category has lesser restrictions. There is no restriction to pursue a university degree while you're on tier 2. However, you must consider that you need to be doing full time work if you're on tier 2. And depending on individual university, they will only offer part time studies to students with settles stays. Your tier 2 visa is not in the settled category. Having said that, like i said, its down to individual university to make that call.

In summary, from a HO perspective, you're not breaking any lay and it doesn't impact on your status in any way or the future applications of your dependents.
From the school perspective, it depends on the individual school if they want to take you on a tier 2 visa to their part time study. the reason why they will say no most times is part time studies can drag for more than 2 years, so what happens if you dot have a visa for the remaining period of your study?
I'm not sure if any school will be willing to take you on a full time study when they know you're on a tier 2 visa category.

i hope this is clear..

Pacypatty:
Good evening gurus, in a situation where a student on tier 4 visa is about switching to tier 2 visa and still want to continue her studies will it be possible? And what are the advantages and disadvantages. What positive or negative effect will tier 2 visa have on the students dependants still in Nigeria?

Pls make everyone advice us pls.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sinmie20: 11:00am On May 26, 2022
tadaax:
pls my UBA form A has been on adb_reviewer for 3weeks now, has anyone stayed on this stage for this long?
han anyone applied with accessbank recently?

You need to go to the branch you picked to complain to them so they can start the process, those 3 weeks you’ve waited for does not count until after they review it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tosinobikoya49: 11:02am On May 26, 2022
Can I do walk in for tb test and get it done that day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sinmie20: 11:04am On May 26, 2022
Cjaylawson:
Pls guru my wife is pregnant and we are going for our TB test next month hope there won't be any issue hope she will be allowed to do the test

There wont be any issue.
She just needs to tell them there that she’s pregnant so she’ll be made to sign a consent form before they proceed. And she’ll be given one protective girdle or something to tie around her belly to reduce the radiation.
That’s how I did mine too

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by emmanwandud(m): 11:05am On May 26, 2022
Alliswell123:
[did you send any paid mail or call before receiving the NSF mail]Hello Everyone.

Good Afternoon.

Pls i am worried. I applied for my uk student visa on April 19th. I decided to go to tls connect in abuja as an agent adviced they have a high chance of granting my visa if i apply in abuja than lagos.

I got a non straighforward email on the 13th of May, asking for evidence of what i have been doing since i left school in 2015 i.e additional work and further schooling documents.

I submited my previous and current work appointment letters, and reference letters, on the same day, i.e 13th May.

But i still havnt gotten any email yet.

Are there ppl in this same situation? and is this normal? Should i have gotten a response yet? How long does non straight forward mails last before getting a response.

Pls, iv read so much material on this platform, but this is my first ever post. I need help and advice.

Thanks.
Be patient as mine took about 6weeks , you can still send paid mail but the key word is be patiently

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.