Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1260068 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 5:11pm On Jun 03, 2022
Gloriyah:

Start putting lil money into the account before you deposit the huge sum since it’s a new account.

Don’t also print from the date the money was deposited too, to avoid getting any mail to explain the funds.

Even if you do this, your opening balance is the total amount in your account at any given date prior to when you print out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tadaax: 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
omo sey FX still dey this Nigerian banksssssssss?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by enesty(m): 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
So how do I go about it in the safest way

quote author=DarkEvanny post=113440236]

Even if you do this, your opening balance on any given date is the total amount in your account prior [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Omah27(f): 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2022
SPARKAMANI:
me i am waiting for my visa to go there. Did you get a discount??

Yes, £3000. I am just skeptical about the school and opportunities there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Skin90(m): 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2022
tadaax:
omo sey FX still dey this Nigerian banksssssssss?

When did u apply and which bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tpoju: 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
enesty:
What's the safest way on this POF now. I just tire

There’s no big deal, the safest way is to close our mouth, & if you are asked can’t you defend or provide docs as to how you got the funds?

Legitimately people get funds from their parents, relatives , governmental organizations, investment companies, lending companies etc. I don’t see it as anything since when filling schools applications, you’re asked how do you intend to fund your studies.. options listed above are also there .

It is different from all other types of visa scrutiny, as one need to prove that the funds is solely his, his salary or business amounts to such.

The person with the query above can easily scale through.

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Tpoju:
Not so sure that that's the case. I just printed my bank statementand its showing 5k as opening balance meanwhile I have my pof in that account. If I remember correctly, I opened that account years ago with a 5k deposit as that was the minimum opening amount with diamond bank at the time.

I highly doubt this, check again

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tadaax: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
Skin90:

When did u apply and which bank?

4wks waiting for uba, moved to access 2wks now still on disbursements reviewer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
DarkEvanny:

Even if you do this, your opening balance is the total amount in your account at any given date prior to when you print out

It would still reflect the money you had in the account with the POF e.g 10,045,000 not just showing only the huge sum.

Just avoid the huge sum showing as a credit on your bank statement.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by femredhead: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
Tpoju:
Not so sure that that's the case. I just printed my bank statementand its showing 5k as opening balance meanwhile I have half of my pof in that account. If I remember correctly, I opened that account years ago with a 5k deposit as that was the minimum opening amount with diamond bank at the time.

You're right...There are some banks that will put 'opening balance' as the amount one have at that particular time which is 'Closing balance' to me.

I don't want to mention the names,I confirmed this by going through my statement of account sent to me,one of them stated it as 'Opening balance' the amount that is there as at 1st May and the 'Closing balance' as at 31st May. I think this is the correct way.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tpoju: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tadaax: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
enesty:
opening balance is the immediate amount(previous closing balance) that was in the account before the statement was printed, in my opinion i think why they asked was probably because of the amount was in round figures.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
Gloriyah:

It would still reflect the money you had in the account with the POF e.g 10,045,000 not just showing only the huge sum.

Just avoid the huge sum showing as a credit on your bank statement.

Lol the huge sum just got ‘huger’ well all in all it doesn’t really matter much. If they want to ask questions they will ask how you even got the closing balance, ill luck or whatever.
Na my family member dey sponsor me I nor kill person

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
enesty:

There’s no unsafe way as long as you didn’t get the funds illegally.

Even if you print from the date the money was deposited and they ask you to give an explanation about the source of the funds, you can always find one.

Self funded doesn’t always mean its your money,it can be from your uncle, brother ,sister, Aunty, family friend….etc.

You simply state they are sponsoring your studies and state their source of income.

Don’t stress over it.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
Tpoju:
Why are you people on nairaland like this na cheesy . At least I responded to your post which means I atleast know how to read so how can I get this wrong. Please find attached. The funds have been in there for weeks.

Ok my bad. I think it depends on the bank
Firstbank is not like this. Please what bank is this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ifakiland(m): 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
advanceDNA:

Saintmaker01
...its only at bachelors level u cant do part time in uk......internationals can apply for partime courses at masters level and above...

The sad part is that the t4 visa condition is just very horrible...and hence not advisable for nigerians that wants money while studying ...

You cant undertake any work in the UK or work (including paid or unpaid work, placements, internships or any other work experience).

Meaning that you cannot obtain a part-time Student Visa for any course that requires a placement or internship..like all these finance and MBA, etc.

You cant even Work remotely for an overseas company while in the UK.

And you cant bring family members with you the UK as visa dependents.
You well?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
femredhead:

You're right...There are some banks that will put 'opening balance' as the amount one have at that particular time which is 'Closing balance' to me.

I don't want to mention the names,I confirmed this by going through my statement of account sent to me,one of them stated it as 'Opening balance' the amount that is there as at 1st May and the 'Closing balance' as at 31st May. I think this is the correct way

Mentioning the name won’t do any harm though .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Tpoju: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
I think so too. This is access bank (diamond xtra savings)

DarkEvanny:

Ok my bad. I think it depends on the bank
Firstbank is not like this. Please what bank is this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPARKAMANI: 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
horlaitan:
The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

Nothi
Nothing is wrong other than she made a mistake to print a bank statement that shows when she deposited the 10,000,000 . You should never make a mistake of printing a bank statement that shows when you deposited the so called amount of money needed at once. Ukvi assume you should be okay and be prepared to fund yourself before you even start applying for visa. Because of things like loans and fake transactions, they would only want to know where the 10,000,000 come from and if you didn’t just put it because of visa.

Opening balance means nothing. Its the transaction in it that matters! If you have 11.5 million i. Your account for weeks , and then print your bank statement from when you where debited 5000 from 11.5 , it still would show your opening balance as 11.5. The only advantage is they don’t know when you put it there.

So best advice is print your bank statement 2 days from when you put the money in there.
Please provide the following documents:
Evidence for the origin of funds for the 10,000,000 NGN opening balance for your Globus Bank account 2000986801.

Please send this document as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to: Sheffieldstudentteam.docrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk quoting your application reference in the subject line. Please attach the document directly to the email as we are unable to access links to files hosted on sites such as Dropbox™ or Google Drive™.  Please also include a translation of the document provided if it is not in English or Welsh.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre.

What is wrong here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Rafiat001: 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
Hello everyone, pls De mont fort university do they require pof before getting CAS , I don’t understand that uni any more sef .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPARKAMANI: 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2022
horlaitan:

I don't think this person printed from the day the money was deposited. How did I know this? I printed a test sample of my pof 3days after money was deposited into my account, and its showing my "Opening Balance" (amount that was). I think that is where the problem is. You account statement might not show when the money was deposited, but your Opening Balance will tell that a huge amount was deposited.. I don't know if I'm making sense..

You are not my dear, opening na balance doesn’t mean anything. Just shows how much was in the account from the day you printed your bank statement.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by femredhead: 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2022
tadaax:

opening balance is the immediate amount(previous closing balance) that was in the account before the statement was printed, in my opinion i think why they asked was probably because of the amount was in round figures.

Exactly.

I guess there was no transactions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPARKAMANI: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2022
eyecandydolly:
Are there any delays for the visa applications currently with VI TLS?
yes i big delay april 25th and no decision made yet as at today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2022
SPARKAMANI:

You are not my dear, opening na balance doesn’t mean anything. Just shows how much was in the account from the day you printed your bank statement.

‘You are not my dear’
Lmao
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 5:58pm On Jun 03, 2022
DarkEvanny:

Lol the huge sum just got ‘huger’ well all in all it doesn’t really matter much. If they want to ask questions they will ask how you even got the closing balance, ill luck or whatever.
Na my family member dey sponsor me I nor kill person

Oh well..Lol

As long as your answer is not ambiguous.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by eyecandydolly: 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
Can someone answer please? I'm about to book

eyecandydolly:
Are there any delays for the visa applications currently with VI TLS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ifakiland(m): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2022
tadaax:

They asked because they say a credit of 10m on the statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ifakiland(m): 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
SPARKAMANI:
yes i big delay april 25th and no decision made yet as at today.
It's just day 28th na calm down
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ifakiland:

It's just day 28th na calm down
day 26… May 2, June 2nd and 3rd are UK public holidays.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cjaylawson: 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
Pls bro how can I print a test sample of my account statement can I do it myself or I should go to d bank
horlaitan:

I don't think this person printed from the day the money was deposited. How did I know this? I printed a test sample of my pof 3days after money was deposited into my account, and its showing my "Opening Balance" (amount that was). I think that is where the problem is. You account statement might not show when the money was deposited, but your Opening Balance will tell that a huge amount was deposited.. I don't know if I'm making sense..

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (1048)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.