Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1203140 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 05, 2022
Duisburg:
Guys,

Please I have searched tire. I need a school for May intake with $1000 for CAS and cheap tuition.

Try sheffield Hallam university

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 05, 2022
0804476217zico:
Hello, good evening everyone. Please is there anyone that got admission to study master degree program at the University of Hull? Please I want to know if they do accept NECO result as an English proficiency test. I just recently got a condition offer. And the condition of my offer are:
1. Academic IELTS 6.5 overall (5.5 in all skills) or other English language test accepted by this university. I don't have IELTS but I do have NECO, thank you

The school shd know best... Do them an enquiry email on your NECO. they'll respond to you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 05, 2022
uchman:
Guys please does it worth it moving my family of 3 dependent to UK with above 10M, my wife will be the applicant?

I am just thinking, if it worth it...
I am a traveller myself but I am only thinking if it worth, bringing my family of 3 dependent plus an applicant to UK with 10M, thou my wife is a teacher with TRCN and presently working in a federal girls college with B.edu/Political science, she is 23 years, Am an engineer.

Will i regret it later?

You've to approach things like this with an open mind... Going to the UK for me, is an investment into the future (most importantly, the future of your kids). The uncertainty around this 9ja is rising geometrically on a daily. One may be quite comfortable today, but no one knows what tomorrow hold for this our dear nation. The inflation rate rise and economic hardship experienced since the past 10 years alone speak volume and is enough for anyone to reason out for him/herself.

The decision is 100 percently yours, my compatriot. Whoever is wishing to go to the UK should know why s/he is going there and the impetus/mindset for this adventure is very key! It's not also rosy out there but when you put the same effort you're putting in here when you get there, you're quite certain of the deliverables. They have a system that works!

This is my humble submission.

Cheers!

28 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 05, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by uchman(m): 7:09am On Feb 05, 2022
Edwosa:

You've to approach things like this with an open mind... Going to the UK for me, is an investment into the future (most importantly, the future of your kids). The uncertainty around this 9ja is rising geometrically on a daily. One may be quite comfortable today, but no one knows what tomorrow hold for this our dear nation. The inflation rate rise and economic hardship experienced alone since the past 10byears alone speak volume and is enough for anyone to reason out for him/herself.

The decision is 100 percently yours, my compatriot. Whoever is wishing to go to the UK should know why s/he is going there and the impetus/mindset for this adventure is very key! It's not also rosy out there but when you put the same effort you're putting in here when you get there, you're quite certain of the deliverables. They have a system that works!

This is my humble submission.

Cheers!

Thanks brother for the positive input.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by uchman(m): 7:10am On Feb 05, 2022
Ynniks1:

From my own perspective, it's simply not a bad move and you regretting later or not depends on God ... it's really worth taking the risk cos whatever you do is for your kids ... our country is so messed up and never know when it will get better . It's better to try than not to try at all . I will not tell you to go ahead or not but remember you are a soldier on earth . Nothing comes easy only if you make a move and fight for it ... be optimistic and it shall end in praise

God's blessings for this uplifting input.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ridwanadedapo(m): 7:12am On Feb 05, 2022
I found this yesterday on my way home. “Results in 6 hours” and I think someone might need the information. It’s on Ishaga Road, Before LUTH main gate, Idi Araba. P.s: I don’t have anything to do with the company so pls make your enquiry well. Thank you

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by efosakelly: 7:12am On Feb 05, 2022
Edwosa:

But someone says u can pay online and manually visit their test centre and get your result pretty fast within 2 days
you can even get your result same day if do your x-ray early, but this 8 to 10 weeks result is sputum culture test, it is advisable for pregnant that do not want to expose themselves to x-ray .
they also send some people to this type of test , if their x-ray is inconclusive, or they suspect traces of TB, just to be sure of their diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bigbanj007: 7:17am On Feb 05, 2022
Zoey1:
Did you use WASSCE or NECO and passed English at C6 minimum?
If yes, point them to that or resend as a document to them.
That suffices.
I uploaded my WAEC certificate and I had C6. I just discovered that they have updated their minimum requirement to C5. In addition, I had C5 in NECO but didn't upload it because they don't accept it. I think writing the institution a waiver letter would be the best option at this point in time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by gabrielahamz(m): 7:18am On Feb 05, 2022
mimilyrics:
Once your school is not extending your date to a time that'll accommodate your visa delay, you'd have to defer and start the visa process all over again for the next session.
Don't bother travelling as you'll be turned back at the POE.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bemagnify: 7:46am On Feb 05, 2022
I will be going to the UK alone. Do I need any form of supporting documentation from my spouse when applying for the visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ynniks1: 7:49am On Feb 05, 2022
Edwosa:

But someone says u can pay online and manually visit their test centre and get your result pretty fast within 2 days

Paying online or not does not speed up the test result ... if you are doing X-ray , you get result same day or next that (within 24hrs) but if you opt out for that option due to some reasons and you opt in for sputum test... that takes 8-10 weeks . If the X-ray is conducted and the result isn't clear, you will be advised to do the sputum which will take 8-10 weeks else your won't get the certificate. Hope I am clear enough ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Zoey1: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2022
You can’t write a waiver letter.
But the NECO can still be tendered as evidence of English test but the onus to accept lies on individual school.
Bigbanj007:
I uploaded my WAEC certificate and I had C6. I just discovered that they have updated their minimum requirement to C5. In addition, I had C5 in NECO but didn't upload it because they don't accept it. I think writing the institution a waiver letter would be the best option at this point in time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Zoey1: 8:30am On Feb 05, 2022
TRUTH:
You can’t pay back Msc loan in full while studying if you are totally relying on the loan to pay your tuition .
Your MSc would be Max 2years, you have other bills to pay.
If you are augmenting what you have at hand , maybe you can.
Whichever way , the last thing you want to be stressed about while studying in the UK is how to meet financial needs.
Studying in the UK is real work.
ovarb:
Gurus in the house, pls help. I just got to know about this thread days ago.

A friend told me about taking loans for M.Sc in UK.

1 Is it advisable I go for this option?
2. Will one be able to pay up considering
study workload and job over there?

Pls help. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Zoey1: 8:36am On Feb 05, 2022
Pregnant women are exempted except you insist to do it.
cocolacec:
How can a pregnant student avoid the xray for tb when applying for tier 4 visa.Which schools in the UK exempt Nigerians from IELts
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by franticfargo66: 8:37am On Feb 05, 2022
rockorieme:
Pls does Chester Require POF bfor CAS?

Yes they do I think. Did you buy chance get your offer for May entry?

I had my application last year deferred to may this year and haven't yet heard back from them even after mailing the school recently.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ShalewaT: 8:44am On Feb 05, 2022
Tjaychic:
Yes, priority

I'm just really praying for it to come through on Monday. There's a reason why people payed extra to apply for priority, they shouldn't delay us beyond the stipulated time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sokia4real: 8:44am On Feb 05, 2022
Got an offer from both university of sunderland and Northumbria university

Sunderland was £1000 cheaper tho for tuition

But I need candid advice, which is much better in terms of jobs for students and networking
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Zoey1: 8:52am On Feb 05, 2022
Do an affidavit
Send to them with explanation, they will rest.
sholadele4:
"Sequel to your application process the admissions team require you to provide and explanatory evidence to address why the name on WAEC is not in line with your International passport".

Above is the response I received from Ulster University today. I have my name written as OLUWASHOLA on my WAEC certificate as against OLUSHOLA on my international passport and every other documents. My other names are perfectly the same on all my documents.

Kindly advise how to deal with this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by TClassique: 9:20am On Feb 05, 2022
sokia4real:
Got an offer from both university of sunderland and Northumbria university

Sunderland was £1000 cheaper tho for tuition

But I need candid advice, which is much better in terms of jobs for students and networking

With what I have seen, I'll say NORTHUMBRIA hands down! The energy in Northumbria is surreal and the number of Nigerians there is a whole lot.
You might want to consider other factors Sha. All depends solely on you my man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jayteew: 9:37am On Feb 05, 2022
Guys I have a few questions
1. I got married this feb and have my marriage certificate , meanwhile my wife and I dated for 5 years. I will be applying for student visa next month as the main applicant with her as the dependent, will this by any chance be a problem? Since we barely just got married?

2. Is it absolutely necessary for her to do a change of name?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by prinzcharminn(m): 9:41am On Feb 05, 2022
darknessbegone:

I am. Ah, the ikeja people are somehow. VI allowed me to enter and even write my name down without the collection email. We were all waiting and hoping when collection email dropped for everyone.

Me I went there when I saw moved to VAC. I was ready to wait there until the collection email dropped. And the funny thing, they did not ask to show prove of the collection email, they just asked if you receive one or not.

You should have hanged around abit.

Yes I should have but I was told they close by 3:30pm on friday

I got the mail 3:38pm,

So it’s obvious they know that they were doing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Funnyafricans: 9:49am On Feb 05, 2022
I want to apply for PTA, I heard I need 2 way ticket, which airline can I book that can refund the return ticket incase I don't use it. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by uchman(m): 9:51am On Feb 05, 2022
Who knows anything about MA EDUCATION FOR SPECIAL NEEDS, is it a good course?
What's the job prospect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bigbanj007: 10:04am On Feb 05, 2022
Masjeff14:
Make a request from the University you attended to write that all your courses were taught in English.
Thanks so much for the advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bigbanj007: 10:12am On Feb 05, 2022
Edwosa:

Try sheffield Hallam university
Bear it in mind after 1000 deposit and Cash being granted, you will have to pay 50% before enrollment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mande674: 10:20am On Feb 05, 2022
Jayteew:
Guys I have a few questions
1. I got married this feb and have my marriage certificate , meanwhile my wife and I dated for 5 years. I will be applying for student visa next month as the main applicant with her as the dependent, will this by any chance be a problem? Since we barely just got married?

2. Is it absolutely necessary for her to do a change of name?

Thanks in advance

@ Jayteew no you don’t have a problem with that and doesn’t change anything . Just make sure when submitting your documents,. Include many proof like . Wedding picture . Wedding certificate from registry , include vacation pictures if u have , screenshots conversations that carry’s date or year .stuff like that sha . And if you have done introduction ceremony in past years u add the picture too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by trophee(m): 10:59am On Feb 05, 2022
I applied to University of Hull mid-Jan and got an offer on Feb 03. Application was for Sept 2022 intake

Bigbanj007:
Kudos to the gurus in the house, thanks for the good work. May God continue to direct you to the right part in all your endeavors. I have been a silent reader from part one. With the knowledge that has been shared here, I think I have learnt alot.
Pls do we have people in the house that has just applied to universities for sep2022 intake probably last year Dec or this Jan. Any update on the offer?
University of Hull?
Staffordshire Uni?
Chester?
SHU? Pls anyone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by wilmafrancis(f): 11:06am On Feb 05, 2022
geezy3:
Hello, how can I reach u,got admission in Greenwich for September intake bt na social work

Social work is a nice course,its has more job opportunities, .how much is the initial deposit your to pay Before they issue u ur CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by trophee(m): 11:12am On Feb 05, 2022
Hello,

They accept WAEC C6 or C5 depending in your course.

I am also going to Hull for Sept 2022 intake. Pls let's connect.

0804476217zico:
Hello, good evening everyone. Please is there anyone that got admission to study master degree program at the University of Hull? Please I want to know if they do accept NECO result as an English proficiency test. I just recently got a condition offer. And the condition of my offer are:
1. Academic IELTS 6.5 overall (5.5 in all skills) or other English language test accepted by this university. I don't have IELTS but I do have NECO, thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1048)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.