Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1216291 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by amorprincesa: 7:27am On Feb 06, 2022
Thank you for your response.
Chreze:

I am still new to the UK. Also the course choice is not my field. But I am sure the other people you have tagged will give you good advice. They are pros… best of luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by amorprincesa: 7:28am On Feb 06, 2022
Thank you! Please do you know how good those schools are in general. I am confused at which to pick.
Edwosa:

By job, I want to assume u meant working while schooling.
Your visa will come with 20hrs/week and talking about jobs, it ain't no probs - even the university where you are studying can offer u such job.

This is the lil I can say!

All the best

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Zena1357: 7:36am On Feb 06, 2022
Betrueiscool:
Good morning MR justwise
Good morning everyone
PLS READ for your safety

Please let’s be careful with who we chat/ send mail for Tier4 enquiry , he will now send u one of his number to chat him up and starts requesting for video calls with d excuse that he doesn’t like audio just to track ur face , and he likes to deviate from important conversation
, go to talking plenty rubbish later wards , be careful When you chat this guy ( ELVIS FRUIT his WhatsApp number ending 090…..2163
He was angry I told him I paid to another university.

I choose not to be his friend or talk to him cos I perceived violence when he talks , he always demanding for video calls when I want to make enquiry from him as if I am his lover . I only chatted him when I saw he said he has done PCI ( January Intake ) , just for me to make Enquiry about the Ulster university, I regret saying a word to him.

He is higher killer and Assasin ooo that is what he is going to ULSTER to do . Imagine a full grown man moving to UK to constitute nuisance.in 2022

He is going to Ulster university January intake , I guess he left this february, that is if he has left to UK

THIS IS THE MAIL HE sent after I blocked him on WhatsApp

I also screen shot the mail

On 29 Jan 2022, at 3:46 PM, Elvis Akpesiri <elvisp426@gmail.com> wrote:

Nor come Ulster because I will kill you. You will die immediately I set my eyes on heat. You won't last a week for insulting my mother. This is the highest insults I will take from a woman. Take and com to ulster and let me see you with my eyes.you have touch where I don't take easily and I am ready to do anything...make I see you by mistakes,you are a dead meat

Hian!!!!Tufiakwa!!! What type of thing is this nao, please be extremely careful who you let into your space all in the name of "I'm looking for info"... Don't take this threat with levity please. Compile all the chats and emails between y'all. May God protect you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Betrueiscool: 7:46am On Feb 06, 2022
Zena1357:

Hian!!!!Tufiakwa!!! What type of thing is this nao, please be extremely careful who you let into your space all in the name of "I'm looking for info"... Don't take this threat with levity please. Compile all the chats and emails between y'all. May God protect you

Thank you

Amen

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Newbie123: 7:58am On Feb 06, 2022
Betrueiscool:
Good morning MR justwise
Good morning everyone
PLS READ for your safety

Please let’s be careful with who we chat/ send mail for Tier4 enquiry , he will now send u one of his number to chat him up and starts requesting for video calls with d excuse that he doesn’t like audio just to track ur face , and he likes to deviate from important conversation
, go to talking plenty rubbish later wards , be careful When you chat this guy ( ELVIS FRUIT his WhatsApp number ending 090…..2163

I choose not to be his friend or talk to him cos I perceived violence when he talks , he always demanding for video calls when I want to make enquiry from him as if I am his lover . I only chatted him when I saw he said he has done PCI ( January Intake ) , just for me to make Enquiry about the Ulster university, I regret saying a word to him.

HE GETS SO ANGRY WHEN I DONT PICK HIS VIDEO CALLS OR CUT HIM SHORT ON VIDEO CALLS .
He will start sending abusive words to trigger my anger all the time , even wen I try to make peace and tell him am not interested in his nonsense that I only want info of his university since he has done PCI .

He is higher killer and Assasin ooo that is what he is going to ULSTER to do . Imagine a full grown man moving to UK to constitute nuisance.in 2022 , instead of building a new life , and he claim to have been in Germany ( I guess prison ) that is why he is going to Uk after constituting nuisance in Germany , he has stained Germany now he wants to stain UK with blood

He is going to Ulster university January intake , I guess he left this february, that is if he has left to UK

Nor come Ulster because I will kill you. You will die immediately I set my eyes on heat. You won't last a week for insulting my mother. This is the highest insults I will take from a woman. Take and com to ulster and let me see you with my eyes.you have touch where I don't take easily and I am ready to do anything...make I see you by mistakes,you are a dead meat

I don't know the full details of what transpired between both of you but this kind of threat, i'l report straight to Ulster university.

It's 2022 and people need to have sense and mind their utterances

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Betrueiscool: 7:59am On Feb 06, 2022
Good morning MR justwise
Good morning everyone
PLS READ for your safety

, go to talking plenty rubbish later wards , be careful When you chat/ send mail to this guy ( ELVIS FRUIT — is his Nairaland name ) he drops his WhatsApp number ending 090…..2163 or any of his number , he did it to another girl
From discussing Sch to discussing rubbish

HE GETS SO ANGRY WHEN I DONT PICK HIS VIDEO CALLS OR CUT HIM SHORT ON VIDEO CALLS .
He will start sending abusive words to trigger my anger all the time , even wen I try to make peace and tell him am not interested in his nonsense that I only want info of his university since he has done PCI .

He is higher killer and Assasin ooo that is what he is going to ULSTER to do . Imagine a full grown man moving to UK to constitute nuisance.in 2022 , instead of building a new life , and he claim to have been in Germany ( I guess prison ) that is why he is going to Uk after constituting nuisance in Germany , he has stained Germany now he wants to stain UK with blood

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by TClassique: 8:02am On Feb 06, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 8:12am On Feb 06, 2022
Betrueiscool:
Good morning MR justwise
Good morning everyone
PLS READ for your safety

, go to talking plenty rubbish later wards , be careful When you chat/ send mail to this guy ( ELVIS FRUIT — is his Nairaland name ) he drops his WhatsApp number ending 090…..2163 or any of his number , he did it to another girl

1.What is his ID here?

2. Report this tmto the university immediately.

Even if he is just blabbing take any threat to your life seriously

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Betrueiscool: 8:46am On Feb 06, 2022
justwise:

1.What is his ID here?

2. Report this to this to the university immediately.

Even if he is just blabbing take any threat to your life seriously

Elvisfruit is his I’d name

I blocked him on whatsapp
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 06, 2022
Hi guys. Please what's the link to track your visa application? I submitted my application at Ikeja TLS.

cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPDAZZY(f): 9:26am On Feb 06, 2022
WetinUGain:

This is d background of FX,though banks might be doing something else or give their customers different tales.

Fx allocation is giving to banks by CBN based on several factors. Banks will now allocate d fx to regions, zones and branches. Customers are to route their requests on form A, M or Q through the dedicated portal to the branch customer service. The branch cso along with the Head of branch operations will initiate internally, check relevant documents and approve to the trade service unit to effect. So, banks or branches process transactions based on their fx allocations, unfortunately, ur particularly branch,d zone or region must hv exhausted d fx allocated to them by d bank for the month or quarter.

It will be difficult for CBN to approve all PTA/BTA, form A, form M, form Q and other fx transactions. Reports are filed regularly to CBN , so, CBN can monitor through that.

Good day, please I have a question. At what rate is the fee, paid through this form A, deducted? Is it the bank's rate or CBN rate?

If bank rate, please which bank has a fair rate and processes quicker?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Welcomme: 9:34am On Feb 06, 2022
Chikadibia21:
Visa Alert!

Biometrics: 25th January, Priority, Abuja TLS
No NSF
Moved to VAC/ Collection mail : 2nd Feb
Documents submitted
Main Applicant: BA cert, Transcript, TB cert, Employment letters, 2 Reference letters from past and present employer, Statement of Account, CAS letter, Marriage certificate, Newspaper publication, Change of Name Affidavit, Family picture

I started this journey in August, applied to 3 schools for MA Social Work, got 2 offers in October after several interviews. At some point, I had to write IELTS and a Password test

I had 7 other offers from various schools for MBA, HRM and Project Management but I knew it had to be Social work, so I decided to wait it out...

Special thanks to @Babababy, he once sent a link as a guide for visa applications and I saved it immediately. That guide later became a life saver as I didn't get stranded or have to ask for help while applying for my visa. Thanks to this thread as well, I have gotten so much information just from being here.

��See what the Lord has done , what I waited for has come to pass, see what the Lord has done!���; This was my song all through and it worked for me

I shall soon testify on behalf of my dependant �

On to the next; becoming the best social worker ever!�
Can I message you sir? I also want to apply for this course. Just need some info from you. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by 2horsePOWER(m): 10:07am On Feb 06, 2022
Chreze:

Most schools have a payment plan. For instance, after payment of your first deposit. You can then set up a monthly payment plan (direct debit or manual payment plan) where you pay a certain calculated amount monthly. But it’s a bit tricky cos if you fail or default a payment twice, the payment plan will be canceled and your total amount becomes payable immediately.

Just search for schools offering your course, then from the school website enter “fees” in the search button and you will get information on fees and different payment options available.

Regards

I already did.
But the process is a bit tedious and the search isn't yielding any results.
Do you know any low tuition schools?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Joyousgem: 11:08am On Feb 06, 2022
Betrueiscool:
Good morning MR justwise
Good morning everyone
PLS READ for your safety

Please report it to the university immediately.

Let this be a lesson to us all. Please let's stop sharing our personal details with strangers. My observation on this platform is that we are lazy when it comes to research. Considering this is a student thread, how do you intent to survive study in a first world country when you cannot carry out a simple online search. We live in a world where a lot of us have data, but we want the answer quickly and would rather waste it on nonsense on social media that adds no value to our lives. We enjoy being spoon fed. Half of the questions asked daily have been answered before, but again we are too lazy to read through. Getting an admission to UK university is a doddle.

Making it to the UK is not going to fix all your life issues, it only allows you to exist and get by with mediocre mentality. Those that actually excel in their chosen fields are those who can use their initiative and can be self-starters.

A word of warning to all planning to come to the UK, you are coming to a country with set laws and order. No one will collect bribe from you to turn a blind eye. No lecturer will sleep with you in exchange for grades. You will not get away with such behaviour here. If you cannot leave your barbaric behaviours behind at Muritala Muhammed and Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport please do not come, stay back please. Majority of Nigerians have lived in the UK for decades with impeccable characters. The new influx of migrants should aim to do the same by staying on the right side of the law.

A word as they say is enough for the wise.

26 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ajiboyehify(m): 11:09am On Feb 06, 2022
Please, I want to calculate all the expenses I will incure. Please for the visa fee and NHS, at which rate should I calculate it? Bank or black market or that Oando rate?. Awaiting response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by TClassique: 11:14am On Feb 06, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DuBooVay(f): 11:14am On Feb 06, 2022
Everything black market. Except sch fee, cbn rate using form A
Ajiboyehify:
Please, I want to calculate all the expenses I will incure. Please for the visa fee and NHS, at which rate should I calculate it? Bank or black market or that Oando rate?. Awaiting response

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Byggshoes(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2022
Thanks for your explicitness in doing justice to this trend.
justwise:
Part 7 is here please continue posting your questions/inquires here,

See part here for references https://www.nairaland.com/6712649/uk-student-visa-tier-4/1007

For more update info visit this website https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/money

Below material from mimilyrics gives you all the info you need

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Joyousgem: 11:16am On Feb 06, 2022
Leaforever:
Hi guys. Please what's the link to track your visa application? I submitted my application at Ikeja TLS.

cc justwise

Follow the link sent to your email during the visa application. It will ask you to sign in. Once you've signed in using the same email address and password you used during the application, click 'Provide documents and biometrics'. Then press 'continue', you will see an option to click 'track', which will take you to your personal TLS tracking page.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Joyousgem: 11:29am On Feb 06, 2022
Ajiboyehify:

During application, the ECO will use Oanda rate when looking at your POF.

For payment of visa and NHS surcharge, if you are using a domiciliary account card that you need to fund with black market sourced currency, then it'll be black market rate. If you are using app such as barter by flutterwave, then it'll be their rate.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WetinUGain: 11:56am On Feb 06, 2022
SPDAZZY:

Good day, please I have a question. At what rate is the fee, paid through this form A, deducted? Is it the bank's rate or CBN rate?

If bank rate, please which bank has a fair rate and processes quicker?

It is the CBN approved rate. As at Friday, it was N570.85 - £1. Some banks have it displayed on their official website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by olajumoke12: 11:58am On Feb 06, 2022
Edwosa:

I can confirm to you that the cheapest school in the entire UK as far as this course is concerned is university of hull... £11,000. But unfortunately, the have closed to International till January 2023.

But here's my advice, seeking pre-CAS dep of 1k may sound good and conservative, but always bear in mind that 50% is a must for almost all UK schools at enrollment and you're still going to face it upon arrival.

So, here's the catch; seek schools with low tuition and it will be ur best bet. For instance, UCLAN tuition is £14,500 for this course, Bradford fee is £18,500 but will offer you £5,000 in scholarships.

So, explore Google, look out for low tuition, it'll be worth the while.

Thanks.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Damsyangel23(f): 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
danielpuff:
Happy Sunday peeps.

Please, is anyone here going to University of Hull, for the forthcoming session (Spetember 2022)

Let's link up please.

Thank you
Yes ooo I am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Newbie123: 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
Anyone going to University of Hertfordshire for September intake??

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by winwin007: 12:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
sazjun76:
Please who knows any school in the UK for May 2022 intake. It's urgent thanks

I don't know about may but university of Salford has a June intake (supply chain mgt)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPDAZZY(f): 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2022
WetinUGain:

It is the CBN approved rate. As at Friday, it was N570.85 - £1. Some banks have it displayed on their official website.

Many thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WetinUGain: 1:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
desi10mi:

I am in the same boat, but I was told school rating matters too that I should not just choose any school.. please how through is this ?
Also, is it true that one cant apply for visa in a country where one is not a permanent residence.. if one is in UK and not yet a permanent residence, can one apply for visa to Canada

You can't compare a school that is ranked 1st to a school that is ranked 1000th. Ranking matters especially in US and UK,not in Canada. My cousin did her masters in Oxford and got so many offers immediately she finished, within and outside Uk.

Generally, life is about what you can offer and impact you want to make in the organisation. Do you ask if a doctor that wants to treat you attend top schools or lowly ranked school. But recruiters know some schools are not rich in terms of course content and tend to overlook them, students of such schools need to do extra work to be at par with other candidates, competition is crazy all over d world.

Before you apply, look at the course content and d calibre of lecturers., chats up with the current students and alumni on LinkedIn and also check comments on quora.

If you want to do finance or investment, confirm if d school is accredited by either EQUIS, AACSB, CFA or AMBA. University of Hull is ranked 601 - 800 by times higher, their financial management is accredited by AACSB, CFA and AMBA while University of Dundee ranked 201- 250 and Swansea ranked 251-300 is not accredited by any of these international bodies. Lagos Business School is accredited by AACSB and AMBA, why not schools in UK.

Wanted to go for msc financial technology, some students of some schools I chatted asked me to chill, that the course content is not rich, that the course generally in UK is being developed. They advised I rather do online courses.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ayowolebami(f): 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2022
The last paragraph of your response caught my attention but I hope you made a better decision still. I applied for same Fintech and got admission already but did my personal findings and read up the modules.

The field itself is just evolving so it only makes sense that it’s just developing as a field of study. Sometimes, perspective is also important but leaving your final decision to the sentiment of total strangers could make you miss a good opportunity.

The world is just embracing Fintech so what better time to get on board? Beauty of 80% research and 20% of taught lectures. Probably cause someone like me already has a banking background and know exactly what I’m looking forward to but all in all, you gave really valid points and that factor of accreditation was what made me choose MMU over Salford.

WetinUGain:

You can't compare a school that is ranked 1st to a school that is ranked 1000th. Ranking matters especially in US and UK,not in Canada. My cousin did her masters in Oxford and got so many offers immediately she finished, within and outside Uk.

Generally, life is about what you can offer and impact you want to make in the organisation. Do you ask if a doctor that wants to treat you attend top schools or lowly ranked school. But recruiters know some schools are not rich in terms of course content and tend to overlook them, students of such schools need to do extra work to be at par with other candidates, competition is crazy all over d world.

Before you apply, look at the course content and d calibre of lecturers., chats up with the current students and alumni on LinkedIn and also check comments on quora.

If you want to do finance or investment, confirm if d school is accredited by either EQUIS, AACSB, CFA or AMBA. University of Hull is ranked 601 - 800 by times higher, their financial management is accredited by AACSB, CFA and AMBA while University of Dundee ranked 201- 250 and Swansea ranked 251-300 is not accredited by any of these international bodies. Lagos Business School is accredited by AACSB and AMBA, why not schools in UK.

Wanted to go for msc financial technology, some students of some schools I chatted asked me to chill, that the course content is not rich, that the course generally in UK is being developed. They advised I rather do online courses.
WetinUGain:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pauloot(m): 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2022
Edwosa:

I can confirm to you that the cheapest school in the entire UK as far as this course is concerned is university of hull... £11,000. But unfortunately, the have closed to International till January 2023.

But here's my advice, seeking pre-CAS dep of 1k may sound good and conservative, but always bear in mind that 50% is a must for almost all UK schools at enrollment and you're still going to face it upon arrival.

So, here's the catch; seek schools with low tuition and it will be ur best bet. For instance, UCLAN tuition is £14,500 for this course, Bradford fee is £18,500 but will offer you £5,000 in scholarships.

So, explore Google, look out for low tuition, it'll be worth the while.

Thanks.
The reason i prefer UCLAN, low tuition but not for folks looking for little deposit for CAS sake.

In the other hand, higher deposit paid gives you relieve over there also.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ALIF07: 2:08pm On Feb 06, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WetinUGain: 2:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
Ayowolebami:
The last paragraph of your response caught my attention but I hope you made a better decision still. I applied for same Fintech and got admission already but did my personal findings and read up the modules.

The field itself is just evolving so it only makes sense that it’s just developing as a field of study. Sometimes, perspective is also important but leaving your final decision to the sentiment of total strangers could make you miss a good opportunity.

The world is just embracing Fintech so what better time to get on board? Beauty of 80% research and 20% of taught lectures. Probably cause someone like me already has a banking background and know exactly what I’m looking forward to but all in all, you gave really valid points and that factor of accreditation was what made me choose MMU over Salford.

U can't have better experience than someone that has gone through it. If students that hv passed through the course is saying chill, till the course is improved, think I will listen to them, moreover, I have 10 years experience in finance and risk, so I am familiar with the terrain.

Yes, fintech as a course is evolving but some schools are already positioning themselves as leaders. In some schools in US, u will not gain admission to msc in fintech if you don't have programming skills and some have well suited lab,dedicated solely for fintechs. A student I engaged told me specially that, the course content they did on crypto currency is what can be easily downloaded online. I have checked Salford,it is more of theories and paper writing, u can't even compare it to Imperial.

Most of the lecturers that will teach you have finance and accounting background, they braced themselves up by upgrading themselves in financial technology courses through online courses. Trust me, by the time you avail yourself on online courses on crypto, python, block chain technology etc, you might jettison the plan of doing msc in financial technology. All d best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.