Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion (35245 Views)

Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV / Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report / US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Olakunleyakub(m): 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
Pls educate me sir and honestly open to knowledge if your premises are Superior
ken6488:
it is a threat,

USA will do the same if Russia put arms in Cuba or Mexico
Same as UK if Russia arm Ireland or Welch

None of the super powers are good
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lordswazz:

There was no report of Russian bullying until EU, under the guise of "Economic help" offered Ukraine a deal to join it in 2013 which the then-president of Ukraine rejected (he has a right to do that).
Remember that at this time, the Greek economy, a member of the EU, was in turmoil and nobody been really send them because they weren't of any "strategic" importance.

If you look at the world map and see how close Ukraine is to Russia, you'll know why NATO and EU dey die to bring them into their fold. That way, as a member state, they can place any kind of weaponry facing Russia and then Russia is in soup if it goes against any of their interest.

Russia's annexing of Crimea (which they gave to Ukraine in the first place) was a "protection of sovereignty" move rather than a bullying move. By the time the Ukrainian "revolution" toppled the democratically-elected Ukrainian president largely using the Western press influence, the guy that was going to come next would've been a puppet to the West, agreeing to their every conditions.

I'm not saying Russia is good, no. They're just as dark as the people they fight if not darker. All I'm saying is international politics usually isn't how it seems or it's reported. US and EU want to surround Russia at EVERY cost with allies and military bases/long-range hardware.

Ukraine haven't been in terms with Russia since they declared independence.

Have you ever read that this isn't the first time Ukraine had requested to join NATO but was turned down. So if the West so want to surround Russia why did they do that the first time?

You're talking about international politics and you're coming at me with a one sided bias.

Please go read reasons why former USSR member states are joining NATO.

Everything isn't only about Russia you know

2 Likes

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by ednut1(m): 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

Cuba are still under Russian "influence", so where is the war
Also, where on earth is there any credible Intel that weapons will be placed in Ukraine.
If Russia is provocating because of ballistic missiles in Ukraine from the "West" that's justifiable but this one there's nothing of that nature so how is that the same as Cuba.
the usa was going to open fire if the russians proceeded https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis.
Abeg we know nato will bring weapons there biko
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by goodheart01: 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
sukkot:
you stupid summabytch do yu know that wars are fought and won in the spiritual realm ? if GOD says its time to destroy babylon then gaddemit its time to destroy babylon angry

Imagine the fool.. Talking about spiritual here. So even if the spiritual allows it, so it's only US that will be hit by nuclear weapons and the spiritual will also prevent their own nuclear weapons from firing right?? Ode!! Make una get sense una no go gree

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by blackboy(m): 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
Putin is the new Adolf Hitler. This was how Hitler sarted
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
seunny4lif:
Bro, have you been to any of Europe countries before?
Russia don’t even need to invade those countries. Russians are the largest ethnic group in Europe. More than 5M Russians lived in Baltic state and all Russia have to do is start small.
Even the Baltic region, the Baltic citizens are not buying their government propaganda against Russia again.
Polish people hate Germans more than they hate Russia.

Great work amigo. Russia causing instability in a foreign state is what you're reducing to "start small" like there's nothing wrong there.

But let it be the US being alleged to cause instability in another country and you guys won't use "start small" to justify it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by sukkot: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
goodheart01:

Imagine the fool.. Talking about spiritual here. So even if the spiritual allows it, so it's only US that will be hit by nuclear weapons and the spiritual will also prevent their own nuclear weapons from firing right?? Ode!! Make una get sense una no go gree
you stupid summabytch you never see pesin try to shoot gun and e no faya ? you think say this life na ordinary eye ? yeye pesin angry

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Yoighaman(m): 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
This Putin own sef too much, just instigating fear upandan, the west should even engage him once and for all, let's get to see his military prowess.
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by goodheart01: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
sukkot:
you stupid summabytch you never see pesin try to shoot gun and e no faya ? you think say this life na ordinary eye ? yeye pesin angry

Keep watching African Magic and depriving yourself of common sense and reality. Imagine your children reading your comments in some years to come what will they think of their father

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by owagbeba: 2:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
No threat of immediate Russian attack on Ukraine – EU

https://www.rt.com/russia/547261-no-threat-invasion-ukraine/

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 2:01pm On Jan 25, 2022
ednut1:
the usa was going to open fire if the russians proceeded https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis.
Abeg we know nato will bring weapons there biko

How do you know... do you have inside knowledge or do they come to you for advice on how to proceed?

Talk about we know like say you dey follow attend their meeting.

Read what you just rushed to Google to copy. US was going to invade Cuba if Russia missiles was still there. They created a navy blockade so Cuba wasn't going to get any foreign assistance. Russia had to smuggle some soldiers to Cuba. That's part of what led to USSR agreeing to remove the missiles.
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by seunny4lif(m): 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

Great work amigo. Russia causing instability in a foreign state is what you're reducing to "start small" like there's nothing wrong there.

But let it be the US being alleged to cause instability in another country and you guys won't use "start small" to justify it.
Read what I wrote again.
If Russia want to start in Baltic state.
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by buJu234: 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2022
nothing will happen..
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by sukkot: 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
goodheart01:

Keep watching African Magic and depriving yourself of common sense and reality. Imagine your children reading your comments in some years to come what will they think of their father
nigga decolonise your mind. african magic is real. however it is not really african magic, its just people using incarntations and symbolic astral rituals to tap into the electromagnetic energies in the universe. if you know how to write symbols to invoke rituals you can do and undo on this planet. you can start wars or start the rain or kill somebody or even do rituals to bring you wealth. its ways you invoke the elements with astral magic. bro you never chee chumtin. this world is not what you think it is. this space ? called the 3D is full of possibilities if you can harness the electromagnetic and astral codes in the atmosphere. you are just ignorant to the fact that we live in a magicians cube.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by coolhumble(m): 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2022
So the first time I saw this news here maybe posted by you or not I can't really remember. I then contacted my friend in Ukraine and he told me its not real and he shared a news of putin denying it to me and since that time I stopped believing this.
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by richeeyo(m): 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2022
olusledge:
Na person dem wan use that big bullet shoot?
this your question dey funny me
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by DemMannaScam: 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2022
We will always remember the millions of innocent lives destroyed in hiroshima, nagasaki, vietnam, iraq, afghanistan, syria, libya etc

The days of senseless destruction of lives & property are over

The destroyers have finally met their match

THANKS TO BOSS VLAD!!!

blackaxe78:

This how you supported Hitler, and we know how he ended.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Automolite: 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
coolhumble:
So the first time I saw this news here maybe posted by you or not I can't really remember. I then contacted my friend in Ukraine and he told me its not real and he shared a news of putin denying it to me and since that time I stopped believing this.
Its not a matter of Putin's denial, cos he can invade Ukraine overnight.
The question is, who do we believe..
Putin...I'm not planning to invade Ukraine.
US/Western media...Putin will invade Ukraine soon.
Already we know NATO has sent weapon to Ukraine, US has mobilzed close to 100k soldiers to be deployed by NATO.
So who is whipping up all the war frenzy.

2 Likes

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Davefed(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
Since the tension arose I've noticed that UN haven't say anything concerning perceived Invasion of Ukraine by Russia. Ukraine is an independent and a sovereign nation And also a member of United Nation. Any Invasion of Ukraine by Russia will strip her sovereign status. The UN charter has so far against FOREGIN Invasion of another state and requires collective responds by all members to detter the potential aggressor. So far the issue of possible invasion of Ukriane, UN has far being silent and haven't say anything in relation with the issue. EU has taken the issue up but UN has been behind curtain with no appropriate respond to protect Ukrianias from losing her independent. UN is truly a toothless dog when the game nations play involve Bull dogs and can flex muscle when the weaker states are involved in International politics...
If Russia invade Ukraine it will set another precedent in International politics in which China will follow suits in annexing Hongkong and Taiwan.
It's reality that what sovereignty makes equal, power makes unequal.
Following the trends with postive anticipation of Diplomatic manovering .
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by carrlyleone: 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
Oluwomonext212:
Send
God bless you and Thanks.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Blackdisciple(m): 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
seunny4lif:
Russia military are inside Russia and also having military exercises on international water just like Nigeria military are inside Nigeria border.

Why all this noises from MSM.
Nobody in the EU is buying this Russia that Russia
Over 5M Russians are still living in Ukraine.

We are already paying high bills for gas and electricity because of some EU countries trying to form anti Russia.
That’s how Bulgaria bowed to pressure from USA and EU not to allow South Steam but only for Turk and German government to allow same gas

Sending more than a thousand troops to near borders is Putin expecting an invasion from ISIS or Boko Haram?
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by KaluwisxPRO: 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
seunny4lif:

The USA should not have plan to move Ukraine to NATO because USA can’t allow Russia to have missiles in Cuba or Mexico.
Imagine if Russia start having military exercises with Mexico.

Crimea have been part of Russia empire before USA was created.
Turks with the help French and British vs Russia more than 10 times because of Crimea.
Russia Navy have been in Crimea for over 500 years.

What has been Russians Economic contribution to other countries besides being willing to sell Arms How many countries has Russia shown solidarity with over human rights or Terrorists groups?? Or what countries is Russia providing Aides to yearly?

You just don’t expect to take from a people without giving, If Russia wants Allie’s, they should work and spend for it. Not be a support to hostile leaders and expect a pat on the back by those doing better to support those countries in times of hardship.

In times of war how many Refugees from none Europe countries does Russia take in?

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by carrlyleone: 2:26pm On Jan 25, 2022
weblord1900:

The world is preparing for war and you're preparing for tutorial videos. See you see rapture
It might as well be a video to help me survive the war and be prepared for the coming rapture.
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by darediamond(m): 2:26pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

egbon at least be accurate when you're making a statement. If Ukraine wants to join NATO because of Russia provocation and meddling, isn't that a dream scenario for an organisation whose aim is to stop USSR reformation?
which one is US should not have plan as if it's the US that's telling Russia to harass her neighbours and be forming domino
And why is queen of England-controlled USA after establishing barracks in every nation of the world?

Why can't they keep to the agreements between Russia and the Mumu western nations that that cunning Britain is pushing to destruction?

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Masterito(m): 2:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lol, never underestimate the power of the US.
sukkot:
cheesy WW3 is here MERCURY RETROGRADE IN AQUARIUS. THE STARS ARE IN ALIGNMENT. ITS WAR TIME. THOSE OF YOU IN THE WEST, I HOPE YOU HAVE BOUGHT HOMES IN NAIJA BECAUSE YOU WILL COME RUNNING HOME SOON AS RUSSIA AND CHINA AND IRAN START NUKING WESTERN COUNTRIES. ARMAGEDDONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN APOCALYPSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 2022
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
seunny4lif:

Read what I wrote again.
If Russia want to start in Baltic state.

Maybe just Maybe you should find out why former member states of the defunct Soviet bloc decided to join NATO in the first place
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
darediamond:

And why is queen of England-controlled USA after establishing barracks in every nation of the world?

Why can't they keep to the agreements between Russia and the Mumu western nations that that cunning Britain is pushing to destruction?

if you have a problem with Britain that's your headache.
leave me out of it.

Jeez! where do you guys come out from? Those countries joined NATO. NATO is an organisation, they don't go about handing out invitation cards. it's not a gala.

Maybe you should read more instead of having beef with a country that owes you nothing

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by seunny4lif(m): 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

Maybe just Maybe you should find out why former member states of the defunct Soviet bloc decided to join NATO in the first place
Well I have been to Baltic state and I don’t see anyone panic over Russia.
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by DabuIIIT: 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
Peace people
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by WoundedLamb: 2:33pm On Jan 25, 2022
seunny4lif:

The USA should not have plan to move Ukraine to NATO because USA can’t allow Russia to have missiles in Cuba or Mexico.
Imagine if Russia start having military exercises with Mexico.

Crimea have been part of Russia empire before USA was created.
Turks with the help French and British vs Russia more than 10 times because of Crimea.
Russia Navy have been in Crimea for over 500 years.

The USA should not have planned to move Ukraine to NATO? Why do you guys always say this as if Ukraine and Ukrainians are inconsequential? You realise that almost 70% of Ukrainians voted to join NATO only after Crimea was annexed? Compared to Russia, Ukraine is a small country. It, therefore, makes perfect sense for them to want to become part of a bigger body for security reasons seeing the events of the past few years. The only reason Russia doesn't want Ukraine in NATO is because they fear Ukraine will be better posed for war with the support of the West. Ukraine is a sovereign country. You don't just wake up and decide it's time to re-acquire them and then insist they shouldn't seek help.

This is not just about Russia not wanting NATO to plant missiles in Ukraine. This is about Ukraine seeking help and thier oppressor trying to make sure they don't get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by seunny4lif(m): 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2022
cheesy
Like UN striped USA grin after invasion of

Vietnam
Syria
Libya
Iraq
Panama
Cuba
Davefed:
Since the tension arose I've noticed that UN haven't say anything concerning perceived Invasion of Ukraine by Russia. Ukraine is an independent and a sovereign nation And also a member of United Nation. Any Invasion of Ukraine by Russia will strip her sovereign status. The UN charter has so far against FOREGIN Invasion of another state and requires collective responds by all members to detter the potential aggressor. So far the issue of possible invasion of Ukriane, UN has far being silent and haven't say anything in relation with the issue. EU has taken the issue up but UN has been behind curtain with no appropriate respond to protect Ukrianias from losing her independent. UN is truly a toothless dog when the game nations play involve Bull dogs and can flex muscle when the weaker states are involved in International politics...
If Russia invade Ukraine it will set another precedent in International politics in which China will follow suits in annexing Hongkong and Taiwan.
It's reality that what sovereignty makes equal, power makes unequal.
Following the trends with postive anticipation of Diplomatic manovering .
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by darediamond(m): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

if you have a problem with Britain that's your headache.
leave me out of it.

Jeez! where do you guys come out from? Those countries joined NATO. NATO is an organisation, they don't go about handing out invitation cards. it's not a gala.

Maybe you should read more instead of having beef with a country that owes you nothing

NATO was formed to originally tackle RUSSIA. To whose benefits?

Go read the hidden books that is in the glare view to know what you do not know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biden Plans Reversing Trump's Jerusalem Move Despite Strong Objections / Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act / Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.