Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon (12593 Views)

Messi In Bed With World Cup Trophy (Photos) / Nigeria First To Book 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup Ticket / FIFA Unveils The Design For Russia 2018 World Cup Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by Showing: 9:02am On Jan 25, 2022
Nigeria crashed out of the 33 rd Africa Cup of Nations after an unfortunate 1-0 loss at Roumde Adjia stadium Garoua, to Tunisia on Sunday. One of the major actors on the night was winger Simon Moses, whose exploits in the group stages made him a target for opposing defenders.

Indeed he received most of the attention from the Tunisians that he could hardly do any of those things he used to do in previous matches. Simon was clipped and the Super Eagles suffered.

He spoke with Sports Vanguard at Hotel Le Ribadou in Garoua yesterday. “Football is team work. I am used to it. What I used to do for my club is what I also do for the national team, even though they are two different entities,” the Nantes forward answered to a question on what he felt he could have done to save the team. “We all worked hard, it was only unfortunate that things didn’t go our way.”

He was full of apologies to Nigerians, Moses said, on the flip side, ”it is good because it is an experience I will learn a lot from. Same for the team. It happened so that everyone can learn from his mistakes and work on how to correct them.”

He confessed he was in tears, like most of his other colleagues because he couldn’t swallow the loss. “I thought about the Nigerian fans, I thought about my family and thought about myself and I said, this was not what we thought to do. We did not prepare for this. We wanted to go forward, but it did not turn out that way. The entire scenario was dampening.“

The nimble-footed winger said the Eagles were determined to compensate Nigerians with the 2022 FIFA World Cup ticket.

“Nigerians should be hopeful because our hope is to go to the World Cup. That is the only thing that can gladden their hearts and lift their spirits. I believe we will do everything within our powers to be at the World Cup.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/we-ll-compensate-nigerians-with-world-cup-ticket-simon/

12 Likes

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by JosephXavier: 9:10am On Jan 25, 2022
If you guys want to compensate Nigerians, don't ever get close to Buhari

Anything that he touches turns to ashes

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by reubenobi(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2022
Hahahahaha.. who dey deceive una�

1 Like

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by Damidave1124(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2022
Nigeria will raise your hope and dash it.

The team gives us so much joy and raised our hopes, to the extent of believing that we are gonna win AFCON, only to dash this hope with a lose to Tunisia.

Let's be optimistic that we'll be able to defeat Ghana to secure our qualification for Word Cup.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by FalseProphet1(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2022
What kind of silly compensation is that, you guys had everything to win this tournament but of course over confidence and stingyness set in and you were booted out by a more determined team.

Now you're promising us world cup ticket, world cup that we'll be in the same group with Argentina as usual and end up being eliminated in the group stages is what you want to compensate us with.

I see Simon missing the world cup.

This I have seen.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by Larrykiddo: 9:10am On Jan 25, 2022
Good one
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by HeadNigga: 9:10am On Jan 25, 2022
Lol... winning the AFCON without qualifying for the world cup would gladden our hearts more coz we know you guys are sure not winning the world cup....na attendance we go just mark for qatar

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2022
Make sure unah don't pick buhari call

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by Akinsete19(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2022
This one that hardly pass the ball

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by Ladiesdoctor(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2022
Amen.

Meanwhile, in any competition don't ever pick Bwari call.
Run away from his missed calls, received calls, dialled calls, text messages, video calls or even his presence.

You know what? If he call me anytime of the day or even in the night, I go pick the call and even bow down, kneel down for his blessings.

Presidio Buhari, abeg call my number Sir.
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by cr7lomo: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
Ok ooo... hope so cos Ghana wan compensate too

2 Likes

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by geelite(m): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
you people will fail until they tell us who is in that aso rock......... free sunday igboho now
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by stano2(m): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
Mehnnn lift the World Cup, qualifying alone is not enough to heal this heartbreak
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by StandardBuilder(m): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
World Cup ticket will not be easy either
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by IboHausaYoruba: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
Shut the hell up! There's no much difference between Nigeria and Ghana. Even with qualification, you're going there to make up numbers.

1 Like

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by phelps007: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
You Guys gave your best but it wasn't good enough...I wish you and your team mates the best of luck against Ghana.

1 Like

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by ClassicMan202(m): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
Yes oo

We are winning the World Cup this year

2 Likes

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
No! You don't need to.Nigerians are the ones exagerating you guys.They should have kept quiet and allow you lost in peace.
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by elantraceey(f): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
What will world cup ticket do for us? It's not as if you'll win the world cup.

1 Like

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by samwillyco1(m): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
Idiot
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by Urbanchampion: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
Cheap talk
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by sanity12(m): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
That Match would be really interesting, Because I know say Ghana too go over prepare
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by setobaba: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
if he’s still the president, the ticket go cut Allah

1 Like

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by YorubaKing: 9:12am On Jan 25, 2022
Dem dey swear for dis one ni? angry

3 Likes

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by Mourinho24: 9:13am On Jan 25, 2022
Wereee
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by Mrklemo(m): 9:13am On Jan 25, 2022
In hotel... Who is paying the hotel bills?.
These guys should be back already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by tiswell(m): 9:13am On Jan 25, 2022
yeye
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by Richy4(m): 9:14am On Jan 25, 2022
smiley Yea it's a lesson... I only learnt not to trust any of u again.... even if una do gra gra win all your matches...for world cup, I go commot my face because I no want wetin happen to my heart on sunday to ever happen again..
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by inoki247: 9:14am On Jan 25, 2022
Compensate yourself afta u tear people ticket like Tissue paper....
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by tfash96(m): 9:14am On Jan 25, 2022
Clap for yourself now
Re: We Will Compensate Nigerians With World Cup Ticket – Simon by wunmi590(m): 9:15am On Jan 25, 2022

What is this one saying bayi? I think the hype on this guy is making him go in a dementia way...

Lubbish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Denmark Vs Tunisia: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (0 - 0) On 22nd November 2022 / Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships / Iheanacho To Join U20 AYC Final Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.