Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

I'm Confused On What To Do. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Confused On What To Do. (2501 Views)

Will She Be A Good Wife? I'm Confused, Help Me. / What Should I Do? I'm Confused / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good evening everyone. I'm in a confused state right now, and I would like if experienced mothers in here will share their experiences with me.lately I have been having thoughts of going to school of nursing. But the negative comments from people have disencouraged me comments like how hard it is to get admitted, too expensive and time consuming for a mother and a wife, Thanks in advance.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
Preciouschinwe:
Good evening everyone. I'm in a confused state right now, and I would like if experienced mothers in here will share their experiences with me.lately I have been having thoughts of going to school of nursing. But the negative comments from people have disencouraged me comments like how hard it is to get admitted, too expensive and time consuming for a mother and a wife, Thanks in advance.
If at this point in your life you are not able to do your own research and make up your own mind , regardless of what people say, then I too suggest you stay still. undecided

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 9:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If at this point in your life you are not able to do your own research and make up your own mind , regardless of what people say, then I too suggest you stay still. undecided
please I don't need this, if you want to advice me please do. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
Preciouschinwe:
I did advice you. undecided

6 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by mcdokwe(m): 9:34pm On Jan 25, 2022
Preciouschinwe:
Nne, those same people will say many more negative things against you if you don't amount to anything.

My advise: if you're truly passionate about nursing and not just thrilled by how their backsides are well fitted in their white uniforms, go for it. Nothing is more fulfilling than chosing a path and following through,no matter what naysayers say.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2022
mcdokwe:
Nne, those same people will say many more negative things against you if you don't amount to anything.

My advise: if you're truly passionate about nursing and not just thrilled by how their backsides are well fitted in their white uniforms, go for it. Nothing is more fulfilling than chosing a path and following through,no matter what naysayers say.
lol, thanks
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Blessings27(f): 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
Preciouschinwe:

I'm a single mom and My daughter was 7months when I gained admission for my HND, it wasn't easy, I won't lie, I missed so many classes,missed tests (because sometimes she falls sick and I was still breastfeeding her so I can't keep her with my mom)and at some point I wanted to quit school, but at the end of the day I made it through. Now my baby will be 3years soon and "we" are done with school.You can do it too, don't let anyone discourage you, if your husband support you, don't listen to those people discouraging you. You can do it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 10:10pm On Jan 25, 2022
Blessings27:

I'm a single mom and My daughter was 7months when I gained admission for my HND, it wasn't easy, I won't lie, I missed so many classes,missed tests (because sometimes she falls sick and I was still breastfeeding her so I can't keep her with my mom)and at some point I wanted to quit school, but at the end of the day I made it through. Now my baby will be 3years soon and "we" are done with school.You can do it too, don't let anyone discourage you, if your husband support you, don't listen to those people discouraging you. You can do it
Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Beremx(f): 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
Village people have started attacking your destiny. Rebuke them and achieve want you desire.

Ndi iro
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by MaverickA3: 2:44am On Jan 26, 2022
You allowed the discouragement because you don't really know what you want. If you are waiting for people's validation before you make decisions, you will be stagnant for the rest of your life.
Forget about the negative comments and make your own choice

4 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by adonshow(m): 4:08am On Jan 26, 2022
My sister became a nurse after having three kids and she is abroad now. This also reminds me of years back (2000 ) when a lady that lived around our house then couldn't graduate from a particular school, one of my sister's got admitted to this same school went to her for advice on how to cope. Guess what!! She discouraged my sister said a lot of bad things about the school which turned out to be false after we encourage her to go.. people naturally don't want you to do better than them... Go get it sister!!.. YOU CAN DO IT!!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Nozino: 4:28am On Jan 26, 2022
Blessings27:

HND is very different from Nursing school. In nursing/midwifery school,

1. You can’t bring kids to school
2. You can’t get pregnant while in nursing/midwifery school
3. It is very tasking and blocking is not common like unis and polys.
4. You can’t miss classes/practicals
5. Aside school exam, indexing exam is there and council exams.
6. Most schools make it compulsory for students to live on campus (for Basic RN/RM)

@OP maybe you should wait till your kids are grown up or you should consider Community health extension worker or dental hygiene in a school of health technology.

If you insist on Nursing/midwifery, don’t go near public or catholic schools. If you get admitted, I’m certain you won’t get passed the first year.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Nozino: 4:30am On Jan 26, 2022
Preciouschinwe:

Kindly read my reply ma. I used to work in a PHC. Consider CHEW.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Nozino: 4:35am On Jan 26, 2022
Also consider the fact that nursing schools are very difficult to get into. You need connections especially with public SON. They are also all very expensive. The cheapest tuition is more than 250k.

See attached. In case you’re interested

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:16am On Jan 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:

What she's doing here is part of research, bros/sis

I guess you haven't heard of ''Questionnaire'' before

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Blessings27(f): 6:28am On Jan 26, 2022
Nozino:

6. Most schools make it compulsory for students to live on campus (for Basic RN/RM)

@OP maybe you should wait till your kids are grown up or you should consider Community health extension worker or dental hygiene in a school of health technology.

If you insist on Nursing/midwifery, don’t go near public or catholic schools. If you get admitted, I’m certain you won’t get passed the first year.
Oh!
I see!

Thank you
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:34am On Jan 26, 2022
Nozino:

Kindly read my reply ma. I used to work in a PHC. Consider CHEW.

I presume she wants to study something that can be useful to her both in Nigeria and abroad.

If that's the case, then, CHEW shouldn't be an option for her.

With the way Nigeria is now, i'll always encourage people to pay serious attention to what they want to study in higher institutions.

If it's not internationally sellable, it should be immediately trashed into any nearby waste
bin

6 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by NoToPile: 6:40am On Jan 26, 2022
It's very competitive and expensive but people are getting admitted.

I heard you can't get pregnant for the 3 years.

Once you have your husband's support and arrangements to take care of your child(ren), it's just 3 years make the sacrifice you will be better for it. Wish you the best

5 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 7:12am On Jan 26, 2022
Nozino:

thank you very much. But what is wrong with public and catholic schools?
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 7:18am On Jan 26, 2022
NoToPile:
It's very competitive and expensive but people are getting admitted.

I heard you can't get pregnant for the 3 years.

Once you have your husband's support and arrangements to take care of your child(ren), it's just 3 years make the sacrifice you will be better for it. Wish you the best
I have my husband's support, And I'm done with pregnancy, thank you very much
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 7:20am On Jan 26, 2022
Nozino:
Also consider the fact that nursing schools are very difficult to get into. You need connections especially with public SON. They are also all very expensive. The cheapest tuition is more than 250k.

See attached. In case you’re interested
thanks I appreciate
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 7:22am On Jan 26, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

I assume she wants to study something that can be useful to her both in Nigeria and abroad.

With the way Nigeria is now, i'll always encourage people to pay serious attention to what they want to study in higher institutions.

If it's not internationally sellable, it should be immediately trashed into any nearby waste
bin
please what is CHEW?
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2022
Preciouschinwe:
please what is CHEW?

Community Health Extension Worker(s)
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Nozino: 7:50am On Jan 26, 2022
Blessings27:

Oh!
I see!

Thank you

You’re welcome ma.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Nozino: 7:53am On Jan 26, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

I assume she wants to study something that can be useful to her both in Nigeria and abroad.

bin

This may not be entirely true. Most CHEWs I use to work with are moving to the UK via the HCA route. I agree that scope of practice of CHEWs is very limited. Even in Nigeria, they are hardly employed in secondary/ tertiary hospitals even when they are employed, it’s almost always antenatal/family planning.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Nozino: 7:56am On Jan 26, 2022
Preciouschinwe:
thank you very much. But what is wrong with public and catholic schools?

They are excellent choice when it comes to academics but equally very strict. A little mistake (such as missing a test) and you’re out.

Nursing in Nigeria is for some weird reason, like military training with several dos and don’t.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Nozino: 7:59am On Jan 26, 2022
Preciouschinwe:
I have my husband's support, And I'm done with pregnancy, thank you very much

If you can afford to be away from your family, then pursue nursing. Understand that 3years is 3years. No holidays like conventional unis.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by frozen70(f): 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
Preciouschinwe:

If your passion is nursing, enroll into school if nursing while you still take jam for BSc nursing

No time to waste time
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2022
frozen70:

If your passion is nursing, enroll into school if nursing while you still take jam for BSc nursing

No time to waste time
okay thank you
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Elianawalker(f): 12:45am On Jan 30, 2022
Preciouschinwe:

If nursing is what you want dear, go for it.

This is Nigeria where people without jobs are telling the employed that their salary is too small.
Leave life dear.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Asetime: 11:50am On Jan 30, 2022
I'll advice you go for Nursing rather than CHEW program especially because of the RN licence. Yes there are many Do's and Don'ts in Nursing especially in Nigeria but there are many career prospects also in the long run. There are also many married women studying nursing in Nigerian schools but truth is, they have a very strong family support. There will be trying times for example, when the children are sick and you are at a 'special posting' which may not be even in your state of residence. Is it doable?... yes it is..it's being done already. One last thing, the dedication has to be 100% else money and time will be wasted. In most Nigerian nursing schools for example,failure in a course (less than a "C" ) is a failure that may result in the repeat of class or forfeiture of admission. It calls for serious thoughts. Once the dedication and support system is available.. pls by all means go for it... wishing you the best.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2022
Elianawalker:

If nursing is what you want dear, go for it.

This is Nigeria where people without jobs are telling the employed that their salary is too small.
Leave life dear.
thanks so much

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mums,what Would You Do? / How Love For Cash Ruins Most Ladies, As They Dump Good Men.. / Christian Men Are Sexually Disadvantaged In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.