Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola (2534 Views)

How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage / Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by MyopicMods: 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
Twitter influencer narrates how her Igbo boyfriend's mother crashed their plan of getting married.

A Twitter influencer took to the platform to narrate how the mother of her Igbo boyfriend of 2 years, crashed their plan of getting married.
According to @dearolaa, her prospective mother-in-law's attitude changed when she realized she is a Yoruba girl and she reportedly told her to her face that she can't marry her son because she doesn't like Yoruba people.

@dearolaa further revealed that her boyfriend's mother recently called her parents and warned that she should stay off her son. She also shared anguish of not knowing where she stands as her boyfriend has been in the village for a week.
She tweeted;

My name is Adeolar and I've been in a very serious relationship with an Igbo guy. He's nice, handsome and we've been dating for 2 years. He talked about me meeting his family and I was very excited little did I know that it would turn out to be my worse nightmare.
I met his mum and she seemed really nice, but her attitude changed when she realized I'm a Yoruba girl. She immediately told me to my face that I can't marry her son. Her reasons weren't clearly stated but she said she doesn't like the Yoruba people. My heart melted, hot tears rolled down from my eyes; I'm Yoruba and I'm in love with an Igbo "mummy's boy".
I spoke with him about it and he keeps assuring me that it would be fine. It's been almost 2 years now and the family are still not in support of our union. Every time I try to move on he comes begging that everything would be fine and that we will get married. I really love this guy, why I love him I don't know because clearly he hasn't done anything to deserve my heart but... He doesn't have a good paying job yet, so I carter for most of his financial needs and even send some food to his village during festivity.
Just recently his mother called my parents to tell them that I can't get married to her son and asked that I should be warned to stay off her son. He has travelled to his village for a week now and honestly I don't know where I stand... I really love him but what do I do?
Good morning lovers. This is my story.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
Pls my sister if you're not welcome into any home be it Igbo, Yoruba,efik etc don't force yourself there, we are Africans we are not in Western country else I would have ask you to continue but given the fact we are Africans it will be hard for you.just but an end to that relationship. My 1cent

8 Likes

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by OlayemiAshraf(m): 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
Hmmm..... Those dog eater too are raising shoulder ... Tueh tueh

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by alfasexy: 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Mums know best.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Are there no men in Yorubaland again?

Are they all now bobrisky and chef Ayomide that u are looking for an Igbo man to marry.

Inter tribal marriage is a menace to culture and tradition and must be resisted.

The woman knows her reasons and I fully stand with her because what an elder sees while sitting even if that child climbs the tallest Iroko tree, he won't see it.

Which mother will allow flirts , wayward ladies into her home?

3 Likes

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by MufasaLion: 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:

Why insulting other tribe bro?. You can actually comment without insulting.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Wise mum
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by festacman(m): 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
Not easy but time to move on. Stop wasting time. Marriage should bring happiness amidst the usual couple quarrels. Marrying this man without his mother's support will only bring unhappiness from hostilities. It is avoidable. A stitch in time saves nine. A 'move on' you do now will save you future heartache.

3 Likes

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by OlayemiAshraf(m): 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:

Welcome to nairaland bruh grin

2 Likes

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by ERockson: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
Nothing like love.They will eventually use the lady for money ritual and later marry igbo girl for him later

5 Likes

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by EastisBae: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:

Who wants algae soup eating bride grin

Such happens more with Yorubas but watch how they will turn hypocritical and sanctimonous in this thread.

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by MufasaLion: 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:

Welcome to nairaland bruh grin

Lol. I'm no novice but your insult will surely bring fight. It's not that good bruv!
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Noccerino(m): 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
She has a point
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by MufasaLion: 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
Noccerino:
Her reason in very intact, you lots are flirts even in marriage. I personally will not support such marriage.

Her tribe or women generally?
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Vaughanlanrewaj: 6:40pm On Mar 21, 2021
She does not deserve you as daughter in law and if she is unjust to you, she just ended up setting her son back.
It is not really an Igbo versus Yoruba thing if you consider how generally humans are prejudiced against anyone not from their class or status.For latest free stuff, www.freestuffsng.com
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by DaddyRochie1642: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:

Oga to slap you dey hungry me
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by MufasaLion: 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
She does not deserve you as daughter in law and if she is unjust to you, she just ended up setting her son back.
It is not really an Igbo versus Yoruba thing if you consider how generally humans are prejudiced against anyone not from their class or status.

Seems you really get the point!.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by NwaNimo1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by OlayemiAshraf(m): 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

Oga to slap you dey hungry me

What's wrong with you.... If you have problem with me .... pick a location .. let's meet ...me and you ...one on one grin
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by DaddyRochie1642: 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:

What's wrong with you.... If you have problem with me .... pick a location .. let's meet ...me and you ...one on one grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by hammerDK: 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
FFK FOR THE SAME TRIBAL REASON IS KEEPING HIS EXWIFE AWAY FROM THEIR 3 BOYZ.

TRIBALISM NO GO KILL SOUTHERNERS.

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Ooni: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
I won't recommend any marriage between our sisters and Ibos, until our sisters explain why we Yoruba guys can't marry them.

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by stonemasonn: 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Are they all now bobrisky and chef Ayomide that u are looking for an Igbo man to marry.

Inter tribal marriage is a menace to culture and tradition and must be resisted.

The woman knows her reasons and I fully stand with her because what an elder sees while sitting even if that child climbs the tallest Iroko tree, he won't see it.

bla, bla, bla
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Armaggedon: 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
No mother wants a "Lola" for her son, not even queen Elizabeth!
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Armaggedon: 7:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
It is not really an Igbo versus Yoruba thing if you consider how generally humans are prejudiced against anyone not from their class or status.For latest free stuff, www.freestuffsng.com
She set her son back huh? Why don't she go and marry a Yoruba guy and move him forward?
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
Does she want to marry her son ?

Igbo mother in-laws.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by flokii: 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
She is young and naive.. if they don't like you then move the fvck on, better than getting poisoned or subjected to unnecessary hate later in marriage.

Igbos hate Yorubas.. a typical example is Lola and the Okoyes.

4 Likes

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by haffaze777(m): 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:

Waiting for when you will codemn the poster I quoted below

Juliusmalema:

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by haffaze777(m): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:

Fire on grin

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by haffaze777(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
flokii:
She is young and naive.. if they don't like you then move the fvck on, better than getting poisoned or subjected to unnecessary hate later in marriage.

Igbos hate Yorubas.. a typical example is Lola and the Okoyes.

She sha wan drink Omi okugrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by MufasaLion: 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
[s]
Juliusmalema:

[b]The woman knows her reasons and I fully stand with her because what an elder sees while sitting even if that child climbs the tallest Iroko tree, he won't see it.

Which mother will allow flirts , wayward ladies into her home?[/b]
[/s]

Mr ancient of days.

Spits!
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by MufasaLion: 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
haffaze777:

Waiting for when you will codemn the poster I quoted below

That nigga is just a daft sperm!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only Son Want To Marry A Girl With Hepatitis B / . / I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.