Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:20 AM

I'm Confused On What To Do. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Confused On What To Do. (2739 Views)

Will She Be A Good Wife? I'm Confused, Help Me. / What Should I Do? I'm Confused / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by TheRealOwner(m): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
Preciouschinwe:
Good evening everyone. I'm in a confused state right now, and I would like if experienced mothers in here will share their experiences with me.lately I have been having thoughts of going to school of nursing. But the negative comments from people have disencouraged me comments like how hard it is to get admitted, too expensive and time consuming for a mother and a wife, Thanks in advance.

Why do you want to go to school of Nursing?? Sincere replies please.

Do you have a background in science??

Do you have interest in health?

Forget about what people are saying. Those same people will not contribute 1kobo if anything goes wrong with you right now
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 8:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
TheRealOwner:

Why do you want to go to school of Nursing?? Sincere replies please.

Do you have a background in science??

Do you have interest in health?

Forget about what people are saying. Those same people will not contribute 1kobo if anything goes wrong with you right now
(1) Because I am passionate about it.
(2) I'm not very good at science.
(3) I'm very interested.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by tosinhtml: 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
Madame you can take quality advise from experienced people who are in the field already here, BUT don't be discouraged by anyone who brings up the issue of passion or whether you are good at sciences or not.

Passion can grow and it can evolve overtime, with hard work and dedication It can work. This isn't motivation, this is a fact.

The reward for Nursing is really high, you have nothing to lose if you dedicate 3 years plus to it with the help of your family & other support system, I stand to be corrected but there are 2 Careers that top the earning chart now, It is Nursing & Tech globallly. Especially women who end up becoming Registered Nurse outside of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
tosinhtml:
Madame you can take quality advise from experienced people who are in the field already here, BUT don't be discouraged by anyone who brings up the issue of passion or whether you are good at sciences or not.

Passion can grow and it can evolve overtime, with hard work and dedication It can work. This isn't motivation, this is a fact.

The reward for Nursing is really high, you have nothing to lose if you dedicate 3 years plus to it with the help of your family & other support system, I stand to be corrected but there are 2 Careers that top the earning chart now, It is Nursing & Tech globallly. Especially women who end up becoming Registered Nurse outside of Nigeria.
Thanks very much
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
Preciouschinwe:
Good evening everyone. I'm in a confused state right now, and I would like if experienced mothers in here will share their experiences with me.lately I have been having thoughts of going to school of nursing. But the negative comments from people have disencouraged me comments like how hard it is to get admitted, too expensive and time consuming for a mother and a wife, Thanks in advance.

your mistake is consulating people who add no value directly to you hence they give the negatives, among the people you asked was there a nurse among them ? and did s/he did the course while married with kids?

Never ask general people about a your personal goals 99% of the people would be jelousy.

let me give you tips, the main thing is considering your circumstances eg how many kids do you have, their age time they go school and picked etc. All that affect you with studies eg who drops them at school, who picks them up Your husband has to chip in to help eg bathing kids helping with homework so that you dont get much worn out

Imagine coming from class eg at 5pm kids want bathing, cook for them, hubby wants attention in the bed, you got some reading to do or a assignment which is due, all that affects your studies

These would be just challenges based on your individual life it cant compared to anyone becoz there are specific to you and family circumstance

the example i gave is based on scenario that you would going for studies the same town your reside and you would be commutting to uni on daily basic
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by TheRealOwner(m): 2:27am On Feb 01, 2022
Preciouschinwe:
(1) Because I am passionate about it.
(2) I'm not very good at science.
(3) I'm very interested.

Hmmm. In the health field, interest without capacity is dangerous. A nursing program isn't like a regular university university program where carryovers or extra year is the worst thing that can happen.

It's very intensive academically and you will need to develop your own understanding of science well.

I recommend that you speak to someone who has done it and finished it successfully ( School of Nursing) before you embark on this journey and ask all necessary Questions

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 7:06am On Feb 01, 2022
TheRealOwner:

Hmmm. In the health field, interest without capacity is dangerous. A nursing program isn't like a regular university university program where carryovers or extra year is the worst thing that can happen.

It's very intensive academically and you will need to develop your own understanding of science well.

I recommend that you speak to someone who has done it and finished it successfully ( School of Nursing) before you embark on this journey and ask all necessary Questions
okay, thank you very much I appreciate.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Preciouschinwe(f): 7:11am On Feb 01, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

your mistake is consulating people who add no value directly to you hence they give the negatives, among the people you asked was there a nurse among them ? and did s/he did the course while married with kids?

Never ask general people about a your personal goals 99% of the people would be jelousy.

let me give you tips, the main thing is considering your circumstances eg how many kids do you have, their age time they go school and picked etc. All that affect you with studies eg who drops them at school, who picks them up Your husband has to chip in to help eg bathing kids helping with homework so that you dont get much worn out

Imagine coming from class eg at 5pm kids want bathing, cook for them, hubby wants attention in the bed, you got some reading to do or a assignment which is due, all that affects your studies

These would be just challenges based on your individual life it cant compared to anyone becoz there are specific to you and family circumstance

the example i gave is based on scenario that you would going for studies the same town your reside and you would be commutting to uni on daily basic
thank you very much for your contribution, I shall look around for a registered nurse.
Re: I'm Confused On What To Do. by Dailyparrot: 11:54am On Feb 01, 2022
Preciouschinwe:

Don't waste your time going to school of nursing. Enroll for BSc nursing instead.

It's like going to college of education. Getting a BSc (Ed) or BEd is a better option.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Do? My Wife Refuses To Come Home! / I Need A Social Life / I Warned Her To Stop Cheating On Her Husband: Hear Her Reply.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.