Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians (15384 Views)

Cabinet Size Nears 70 As Tinubu Ignores Calls For Lean Government. / Arrest, Treat Sunday Igboho, Others Like Criminals, Makinde Tells Oyo CP / Theodore Orji To EFCC: I Am Vulnerable To COVID-19, I'm Above 70 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by sony01: 6:01am On Jan 26, 2022
Soro soke
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by Eriokanmi: 6:02am On Jan 26, 2022
jaxxy:
I agree bt If they are agile and competent why not.
Our constitution doesn't even allow it
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by ReneDaniels: 6:04am On Jan 26, 2022
Make military just take over the country Abeg. Least by now up to 3 coupe for don happen
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by mozona(m): 6:05am On Jan 26, 2022
thank God Tinubu is not up to 70yrs..

lol
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:07am On Jan 26, 2022
post=109696868:

Na him be d governor of OYO State.

MPAMA!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by Sleyk: 6:10am On Jan 26, 2022
Mynd44:
Shouldn't he be telling party members who will vote at the primaries this? Seeing as Nigerians can only vote those presented by the parties.

Tell the party delegates not to vote for them and maybe the parties will present 54 year old candidates

Gbam!....he's trying to play politics of relevance. They all know what to do but wickedness becloud most of them.
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by OgunkeelAllMod: 6:10am On Jan 26, 2022
Rather, the useless, jungle republic ,3rd World glorified village should be disbanded, disintegrated and let everyone go dem separate way! The polilthievcians in Nigger-area are insincere about really developing the CUNTrey abeg undecided.they fukking selfish and plain VIP criminals adorning babanrigas,jalabia,agbadas,suit,and all those stupid traditional and ethnic dresses and funny caps! Mouthing empty, archaic rhetoric on campaign ground! No ideal, no zeal, no workable and practical ideology and plan on how to move the CUNTrey forward vto to the next level !just same, old bulsh! T every year undecided Nigger- area no suppose dey use the title of President. Make dem change am to HIS ROYAL IDIOT! e go fit naija wella
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by lagosrd: 6:13am On Jan 26, 2022
post=109696841:
Seyi,
Tell that to your political party and all other political parties in Nigeria.

Meanwhile.........
Posterity will judge us all.... ASAP!

You didn't show APCs debt profile?

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by favour32(m): 6:15am On Jan 26, 2022
lagosrd:

You didn't show APCs debt profile?
Apc na borrow machine.
Borrowed money and pretending to be rich

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by adenigga(m): 6:15am On Jan 26, 2022
Nahunger:
angry

Shots fired
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by dingbang(m): 6:15am On Jan 26, 2022
post=109696841:
Seyi,

Meanwhile.........
Posterity will judge us all.... ASAP!
you need cane

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by DanielAlhassan(m): 6:20am On Jan 26, 2022
Indirectly telling us not to vote tinubu and I will urge Nigerians to listen to him

Put the same old fools in power is killing us in this country what do I know

When the three useless languages will soon start there tribalistic madness

Hausa are useless in all aspects of life expect producing terrorist

Yoruba are useless selling there right and vote for one indomie useless people

Igbo are good atleast they have means of surviver but they are divide in believes and politics
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:21am On Jan 26, 2022
Hmmm,but will people heed the advice,especially the Northerners? Those ones can vote in a senile,half paralyzed 98 year old once they are given 1k.
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by Successlane: 6:23am On Jan 26, 2022
Mynd44:
Shouldn't he be telling party members who will vote at the primaries this? Seeing as Nigerians can only vote those presented by the parties.

Tell the party delegates not to vote for them and maybe the parties will present 54 year old candidates

I owe you a bottle of ........

Just fill in your choice and let me pick the bill.

If (for example) APC field Tinubu and Pdp field Atiku, even if other parties field younger and more vibrant candidates, do they have the financial muscle to compete with them?

We all know how expensive it is to run campaign in our type of democracy.

Governor Makinde should do us favour by influencing Pdp to practice what he suggested.
And perhaps APC might follow suit.
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by bluefilm: 6:25am On Jan 26, 2022
I think he's right.

All these old politicians should be retired starting from Sleepy Joey Biden.
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by joyandfaith: 6:25am On Jan 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
E.g, jagaband whose wife died in 2018 at the age of 70 but claiming 69 years in 2022. Oniranu ęda. I'd advise he considers either osinbajo or fashola and give him whichever ideas at hus disposal, capable of moving Nigeria forward.

His wife was older than him and he fathered his first daughter at 10. Don't ask me how I knew, I am just being reasonable with nairaland rats.
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by joyandfaith: 6:26am On Jan 26, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023-Dont-elect-people-above-70-as-president-Makinde-warns-Nigerians

It is possible for you to delegate, ask people to go all over the place but when they are reporting to you, if something has not been added, a few things may have been removed,” he said.

Indirect rule.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by Eriokanmi: 6:27am On Jan 26, 2022
joyandfaith:

His wife was older than him and he fathered his first daughter at 10. Don't ask me how I knew, I am just being reasonable with nairaland rats.
Hahaha. I doubt if you know me. grin. You can't know better than Pa Jakande who knew about tinubu from inception. His wedding picture still dey baba house sef. Look at Tinubu very well, does he look 69 to you? Who told you his wife was 4 years older than him? Laughable
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by duro4chang(m): 6:30am On Jan 26, 2022
tiswell:
Naija is truly under a curse from lord lugard and his concubine
But then you are living in a cursed country. Watch what you say.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by lugado: 6:30am On Jan 26, 2022
I hope what he's saying does not later come to haunt him.
Because if he doesn't contest for presidency now as a southerner, he would be around that age then when he wants to
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by Arabaincubus: 6:42am On Jan 26, 2022
Good response to Tinubu. I continuously maintain that Nigeria has left the arena of experiment. Nigeria is an entity in urgent need of rehabilitation. Allow people who by nature should be nursing arthritis and prostatitis to tend to themselves and their grandchildren.

Nigeria should apply what they have been taught in Defensive driving course and avoid the knowns, Like not driving when the weather is bad or when unfavourable conditions prevail.

In terms of leadership, old age is an unfavourable condition. That is why they created retirement age.

Don't mind those who mischievously compare the Americans with the lazy and Baba Nigerian elders.

The Americans go through rigorous campaigns and debates to showcase their fitness, both mental and physical - their Nigerian counterparts dodge these things and we are told to respect them because of age. Then, they would go on to wreck havoc on Nigeria while they tell us not to embarrass or insult them.

Anyone younger than 70 who supports these over 70s is a permanent fool.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by MoIbrahim: 6:43am On Jan 26, 2022
ACRI:
100% support

Grandfathers should look after their grandchildren

You won't ask what Makinde has done with his young energy in Oyo state?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by HRMK: 6:45am On Jan 26, 2022
70YR OLD MAN IS ALSO TOO OLD!LETS PEG IT TO 60YRS!!
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by Arabaincubus: 6:47am On Jan 26, 2022
lugado:
I hope what he's saying does not later come to haunt him.
Because if he doesn't contest for presidency now as a southerner, he would be around that age then when he wants to

Let it affect him - truth is truth.

The same over 70s now angling to lead Nigeria have been in leadership since their 30s. How can the current youths be so unreasonable and unthinking?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by Gokoyer0(m): 6:49am On Jan 26, 2022
You call someone that you are not even fit enough to tie his shoe lace Seyi grin. I pity you dead vulture meat seller grin
I just want to be blocked forever.

Leave PDD alone, even a dog on the street knows that APC has failed woefully.
post=109696841:
[s]Seyi,

Meanwhile.........
Posterity will judge us all.... ASAP![/s]

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by HRMK: 6:52am On Jan 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Our constitution doesn't even allow it
where is that written in the constitution?tell us!
Re: 2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians by omokab: 6:56am On Jan 26, 2022
ryloy:
Who is Makinde? Is he among these three?

Has he completed the abandoned Iwo Road Propaganda Project? As young as he is what he done to improve Oyo state he's govern? You will only see his supporters telling us that he's paying salary regularly . Nothing to show for 3 years . He borrowed money for motor park at Iwo road but can't finish it. Shame on him!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN's "Naira Redesign" Policy Is A Charade. They Know It Won't Work / Must They Humiliate Tinubu Like This? / Saraki’s Trial Splits Nigerian Students Body, NANS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.