Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) (12378 Views)

Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Man Who Asked Why 'Citation' Doesn't Have Subtitles / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by Klass99(f): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2022
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by Klass99(f): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by Blakpot: 12:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
rattlesnake:
hes not as good as he thinks just like AY

Lol I agree he's overrated but he's one of the best we have. At least u can tell he attempts to achieve the quality of good Hollywood films. AY on the other hand just serves us clichés after clichés, not to be taken seriously.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by ukaface(f): 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2022
rattlesnake:
This is an insult.
Levelling AY and Afolayan....haba!
Afolayan dey grade A
A.Y ......I no know him level
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by SmartPolician: 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
Klass99:

Lol @ this. What is it with you and these Asaba boys? Are you from there?

Yes cheesy
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by cayorday89(m): 12:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
Klass99:

Thanks guys, but make una no yab me o! I haven't seen King of Boys yet, with all the rave the movie has.

Like Smartpolician said, live streaming is data and capital intensive. The movie is on Netflix I no get that kind data/capital intensive, energy o. grin

I thought Mo Abudu, did the Wedding Party? I wasn't impressed with Wedding Party 1, so I never did 2. But, I liked the cast though from Ireti Doyle, to RMD and Beverly Nanya (not sure I got her name right)

Very often an actor/actress, is the reason I will watch a Nollywood flick. Wedding Party was star studded but disappointing for me. When I see Nse or Ramsey in a flick, it's a must watch for me cheesy
You can always copy the link of the movie and paste in your browser to download it directly to your phone, you can also download from netnaija. com and 9jarocks. com.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by folake4u(f): 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
Klass99:

Please what movie has Kemi Adetiba done? The name is familiar and I think I've come across it, in a few productions but for the life of me, I can't recall the titles now. Was it Flower Girl or Merry Men?

I agree Ayo Makun is a wonderful addition to Nollywood, he co-produced Merry Men, right? Why is Emem Isong not on your list? Reloaded was one of her productions that busts my head till now, simply because of Ramsey and Nse's roles.

Those two act so well, they are always a pleasure to watch. I just love how they get into character, effortlessly switch from speaking really good English to pidgin or yoruba (in Ramsey's case) and back again to good English and diction.

I recently stumbled on a drama series with Ramsey in it, a few words he said and his delivery of it cracked me up so bad. I still smile or laugh when I recall it. It was - Yay, I don die.

The guy is extremely good in his trade, I am tripped abeg. Anyone who knows him personally should please show him this post, he deserves the applause.

Kemi Adetiba produced King of Boys na.

I agree with you about Kunle Afolayan, he's really good, all his movies are top notch.

Emem Isong is also good too.

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by folake4u(f): 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2022
ukaface:
This is an insult.
Levelling AY and Afolayan....haba!
Afolayan dey grade A
A.Y ......I no know him level

Leave am, he nor know wetin he dey yarn.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by Klass99(f): 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2022
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by cayorday89(m): 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
Klass99:

So, I heard.

My naija people or should I say Youruba demon? grin

No wonder cheesy. Is RMD not from there?

Make una lobby am, let him bring the quality from Lagos to Asaba. Him fit turn movie producer.
Anything to save data and money...

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by Klass99(f): 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by freshalien: 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2022
rattlesnake:

With their boring, repetitive and dry movies.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by freshalien: 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2022
gloryfidedesign:
Good job this will really give our content in the movie industry a boost cool

We don’t deserve anything good to come to this country because we have not laid the right foundations for them. That is how we wanted to win AFCON with dustbin players from Europe. That would have been an insult to serious countries who have invested time, capital and hardwork in laying serious foundations and structures for development of football in their countries.

Here we are celebrating a private man’s deal when our government has nothing to show in that same entertainment sector and we are hoping such private deals will take us to Hollywood level when they are only far and in between. Nigerians, bunch of unserious entities!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by toffyz(m): 2:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
Klass99:

Please what movie has Kemi Adetiba done? The name is familiar and I think I've come across it, in a few productions but for the life of me, I can't recall the titles now. Was it Flower Girl or Merry Men?

I agree Ayo Makun is a wonderful addition to Nollywood, he co-produced Merry Men, right? Why is Emem Isong not on your list? Reloaded was one of her productions that busts my head till now, simply because of Ramsey and Nse's roles.

Those two act so well, they are always a pleasure to watch. I just love how they get into character, effortlessly switch from speaking really good English to pidgin or yoruba (in Ramsey's case) and back again to good English and diction.

I recently stumbled on a drama series with Ramsey in it, a few words he said and his delivery of it cracked me up so bad. I still smile or laugh when I recall it. It was - Yay, I don die.

The guy is extremely good in his trade, I am tripped abeg. Anyone who knows him personally should please show him this post, he deserves the applause.
Kemi Adetiba wrote and produced "King of boys"
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by tunize(m): 2:32pm On Jan 26, 2022
SmartPolician:
Kunle Afolayan, Kemi Adetiba and Ayo Makun are proving to be some of the best things that ever happened to Nigeria's Nollywood.

I hate to see low-budget Nigerian movies because they are veryyyyyyyy annoying. However, those three names are rewriting the narrative. Asaba guys gave us quantity, Lagos people gave us quality.
Gbam you just nailed it add Enugu join, because it's quite easy identifying movies that were made from there. I think all they are after is for the numbers not the quality reason they keep recycling the same film like e.g "hit the ball" you go come see anoda one "he hit the ball" or return of hit the ball with yamayama.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by Chuksaluta(m): 3:28pm On Jan 26, 2022
SmartPolician:
Kunle Afolayan, Kemi Adetiba and Ayo Makun are proving to be some of the best things that ever happened to Nigeria's Nollywood.

I hate to see low-budget Nigerian movies because they are veryyyyyyyy annoying. However, those three names are rewriting the narrative. Asaba guys gave us quantity, Lagos people gave us quality.

Rewriting what narrative? Good camera and location doesn't translate to better movies. Go back and watch old nollywood movies and compare them with what we have now. The point is that the Asaba nollywood made nigerian movies what it is today. How many of this new movies are making waves outside nigeria?

One thing I dislike about us nigerians is the way we discredit people that made the industry what it is today. Mind you I still prefer my Epic Asaba movies.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by Hundjager: 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
Congratulations! He is extremely good at what he does, and I wish him the best in this project. Partnership brings wonderful development, just the way CAF and TikTok partnership is giving fans world-class football experience via the AFCON tournaments.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by Stargurl20(f): 4:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
Congratulations, boss.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by Gee64: 4:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
Even at that, they use it to promote money ritual and fraud.
Younghacka:
Nigeria.
The Entertainment Capital Of Africa.
That Is The Only Area We Seem To Be Thriving.
The Rest Nah Zero Percentage.
embarassed embarassed
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by tosinjay(m): 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
This evil streaming app working strategically to influence the world with homosexually.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by davidque: 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
rattlesnake:

Wow! What an unfortunate statement from you....... congratulations was too difficult for your mouth to utter.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by davidque: 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
freshalien:

We don’t deserve anything good to come to this country because we have not laid the right foundations for them. That is how we wanted to win AFCON with dustbin players from Europe. That would have been an insult to serious countries who have invested time, capital and hardwork in laying serious foundations and structures for development of football in their countries.

Here we are celebrating a private man’s deal when our government has nothing to show in that same entertainment sector and we are hoping such private deals will take us to Hollywood level when they are only far and in between. Nigerians, bunch of unserious entities!
Since your mouth said it......... congratulations to you Nigeria's most unserious entity. Shioor people and their warped thinking
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by rattlesnake(m): 10:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
davidque:

Wow! What an unfortunate statement from you....... congratulations was too difficult for your mouth to utter.

Must i
Re: Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) by Ajibade123(m): 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
IbileIfe:

But they sell cheap to Netflix compared to the millions of dollars Netflix pays for South Korean movies.
Netflix even pays more for South African movies and series than NIgerian movies and series.
it not in fact it is more
it is just the value of naira to dollar
imagine Netflix buying a movie for 2 million dollars that's even more than the top 5 most grossing cinema movie in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Nengi Exposes Her Butt As She Rock Underwear While Playing Table Tennis / BBA 7: Musician Goldie Is An Housemate This Year / Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.