Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,339 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

The Power Of Speaking In Tongues. Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Speaking In Tongues. Part 1 (229 Views)

The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold / Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Speaking In Tongues. Part 1 by azammi(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2022
TOPIC: The Power of Praying in tongues

(Please understand that's there is a difference between The Baptism of the Holy Spirit and The Power of Praying in the Spirit or in Tongues) Majority of us are already Baptized in the Holy Spirit so it settles in my spirit when asking God for a topic to speak on what He has taught me so we will be looking at THE POWER OF PRAYING IN TONGUES.

Praying in tongues is a powerful believers tool and it's very essential if one wants to continually live a victorious life on earth.
Surprisingly this "unknown tongues" is not part of the gifts of the spirit but it carries more weight and without it the fullness of the manifestation of any of the 9 gifts of the spirit cannot be fully established in the life of a believer.

Even our Lord Jesus didn't manifest this gift but foretold us in the book of Mark

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Mark 16:17‭-‬18 NKJV

Jesus wasn't the first that gave this prophesy but Isaiah when he said
For with stammering lips and another tongue He will speak to this people,
Isaiah 28:11 NKJV

So we can see it's very important that we must speak in this unknown tongues. "Tongues means Language" so it literally means Unknown Language (Language that can not be understood by humans and angels inclusive. Yes,and also the devil and demons)

so let's go into today's topic.

WHAT IS SPEAKING IN TONGUES
We can this find a direct meaning of this in 1 cor 14:2

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
I Corinthians 14:2 NKJV

Here we see that when we speak in tongues , we don't speak the language of men but of God and what we speak is deeper that what man/angels/devil/demons can comprehend. This is called MYSTERIES.

let me briefly explain what this mysteries look like. The scripture says
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Romans 8:26‭-‬27 NKJV

Now I have seen many interpretation that says this scripture is about receiving insight from the Holy Spirit on what to pray about but no it's not. if you look at it, it says
For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the SPIRIT HIMSELF makes intercession for us with groanings which CANNOT BE UTTERED.

if you carefully look at this verse, it says the HOLY SPIRIT HIMSELF and not that we ourself. Also it says, CANNOT BE UTTERED. What can be uttered are languages through which we communicate with but it says CANNOT. Before we continue let's look at the first baptism of the Holy Spirit on the day of pentecost

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the SPIRIT GAVE THEM UTTERANCE
Acts 2:4 NKJV

You can see that they were speaking through the utterance of the Holy Spirit and not themselves and what they were speaking was the other or unknown tongues.

Praise the Lord. Halleluyah.
Let's continue in Part2

https://www.nairaland.com/6956957/power-speaking-tongues-part-2

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reflection 27: Trials Transformed Into Virtue / Catholic Archbishop Of Lagos, Martins, Locked Up By Lagos City Hall Facility Man / Secret To Greatness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.