Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907907 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
Good evening all, please I have a little challenge. What is this table of contents for SoP? How is it written ? Is it like the normal one in a textbook ? No laugh me o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jayeola007: 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
Teemenzo:

Eligibility has been passed or is being reviewed?
Eligibility review has started I meant. I’m sorry and my medicals isn’t up to a year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jayeola007: 8:34pm On Mar 05, 2022
buckyfof:

When did you submit your application?
Hope your medicals isn't over 1 year already because it would have expired and you would have to do another one

If it has not expired, you can remind them through webform and mail and they will update it in your portal.
my medicals isn’t up to a year. This June will make it a year and is it safe to send documents when eligibility review has started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jayeola007: 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
buckyfof:

When did you submit your application?
Hope your medicals isn't over 1 year already because it would have expired and you would have to do another one

If it has not expired, you can remind them through webform and mail and they will update it in your portal.
I submitted January.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2022
Jayeola007:
Eligibility review has started I meant. I’m sorry and my medicals isn’t up to a year

What day did you do your medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Taiyejenny(f): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
skull4eva:

Please dont carry dried meat and milk ooo. Infact avoid any animal product.

Even dried ijebu ponmo sad sad sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BeejayB: 9:22pm On Mar 05, 2022
BeejayB:
Good evening everyone

So my mum is my sponsor.. Can she send the balance of my tuition and living expenses for the first year to my account and I can show them my bank app at the point of entry?

Will this be accepted ?

Please I need an urgent response for this…. E joooooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 9:26pm On Mar 05, 2022
Hello Jayeola

You didn't state when you did your medicals last year,
you didn't also state when you submitted your application and also if you submitted your Medical E-sheet with your application.

But Its possible Eligibility starts and medical hasn't been updated yet, so give it time... If your application has passed the processing time and if your Medicals hasn't expired yet, you will need to raise a webform or email with your E-medical sheet attached..

Peace
Jayeola007:
makano, frankrobbn1, Lekiboboe please I’m a second applicant going for another program, my medicals was last year and it’s still valid. I reapplied and I logged in to see that medicals hasn’t been passed but eligibility review has. Please help me out? Please, is there any issues?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Themmiee21: 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
Thank you so much,am good to go if this what their criteria says then because what I say on their site initially was 5yrs.

I meant payment by pmt.

Thank you once again.

emmalextemtop:

Read that image below for the study gap.
My study gap is just a year.
What's pmt please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 06, 2022
Good day all.
Just stumbled on this forum few mints ago. Pls permit me to ask few questions on behalf of my bro who’s a first time applicant.

He’s admission is for May 22 intake.
Did Online application (not sure if old/new site)12 feb 22 ✅
Did Biometric 19 feb 22 ✅

He got a medical request letter on 5 March 22.
Eligibility review showing “checking 4 eligibility”.
He was able to get a medical date for 29 March.

Please, my questions are:
1) With d medical request, is he likely to get PPR? (If passed)
IF YES,
A) is there any time frame 4 PPR after medicals?
B) with session due to start early May, can he make it or seek for deferral?

Finally, what’s the next step/advice from this point? Thank y’ll and God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by skull4eva: 12:41am On Mar 06, 2022
Taiyejenny:

Even dried ijebu ponmo sad sad sad
Please aviod it they have dogs that sniffs bags now. I was almost given a ticket of 1300cad for just 5 pieces of ponmo when i came back from my christmas break on jan 24th this year. I was literally begging the CBSA agent.
He dropped the payment but still gave me the ticket to show it was confisticated.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Taiyejenny(f): 1:34am On Mar 06, 2022
skull4eva:

Please aviod it they have dogs that sniffs bags now. I was almost given a ticket of 1300cad for just 5 pieces of ponmo when i came back from my christmas break on jan 24th this year. I was literally begging the CBSA agent.
He dropped the payment but still gave me the ticket to show it was confisticated.

Wow � okay thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 1:41am On Mar 06, 2022
kweje:
A very good day to everyone in the house.

All the gurus making this journey duplicatable for others God bless you.

Please is there a difference between letter of sponsorship and affidavit of support? If yes, please kindly explain. I see a lot PPR timelines showing both as documents submitted.

Thanks in advance.
Yes. They are two different documents

Read the contents in the links below

Affidavit of Support from Sponsor
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/179#98455585

Sample Letter of Sponsorship - Father (Avoid Plagiarism) - FIND ATTACHED IN THE LINK BELOW
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/121#91193146

You can also await more inputs from other members from the platform

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 3:36am On Mar 06, 2022
1. YES, it's more or less the last stage. Except if something extremely unusual happens.

A. One can't be sure, but it's usually fast. I would say an average of 2-3 weeks.

B. Try see if he can get an earlier appointment with another clinic or swap appointment date with someone. If not, he can defer to allow him plan well and resume study with ease. He will just need a new admission letter and won't have to inform IRCC.

You can also ask the school about the last date for deferral, and plan according to that.

Kingskyd:
Good day all.
Just stumbled on this forum few mints ago. Pls permit me to ask few questions on behalf of my bro who’s a first time applicant.

He’s admission is for May 22 intake.
Did Online application (not sure if old/new site)12 feb 22 ✅
Did Biometric 19 feb 22 ✅

He got a medical request letter on 5 March 22.
Eligibility review showing “checking 4 eligibility”.
He was able to get a medical date for 29 March.

Please, my questions are:
1) With d medical request, is he likely to get PPR? (If passed)
IF YES,
A) is there any time frame 4 PPR after medicals?
B) with session due to start early May, can he make it or seek for deferral?

Finally, what’s the next step/advice from this point? Thank y’ll and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 3:44am On Mar 06, 2022
Yes, she can send to your account. But it's advisable you print the statement, preferably within 1 week before departure (or 30 days maximum).

BeejayB:
Good evening everyone

So my mum is my sponsor.. Can she send the balance of my tuition and living expenses for the first year to my account and I can show them my bank app at the point of entry?

Will this be accepted ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 3:50am On Mar 06, 2022
Hi,

Good chance I would say (assuming it's a postgraduate diploma). You just need to explain why you are doing the course and fulfill other study permit requirements.

Teezkid:
Hello House!
Please, I need help. I want to offer project management at Humber college, and I graduated with a 2:1 in computer science (BSC). What are my chances of getting a student visa ? Any ideas?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 3:59am On Mar 06, 2022
If it's Indomie, I think onion flavor is onion chicken?

The thing is, they don't allow chicken seasonings, e.g, knorr chicken.

kennyjoy:

Thank you, what about onion flavor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 5:27am On Mar 06, 2022
Hi @manlikemace
Did you show them POD documents you submitted in your application or did you have to get another statement
BabaDelta1:

Congratulations bro., may Canada favour you.

Please how much proof of funds did you show the guy? Was it cash?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 5:29am On Mar 06, 2022
Hi @manlikemace
Did you show them POD documents you submitted in your application or did you have to get another statement
tobe1997:
About the proof of funds; how much exactly and did you print a new bank statement, if yes how current...how much will be required as sufficient.
Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 5:31am On Mar 06, 2022
POF*
dbeautyful:
Hi @manlikemace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 6:11am On Mar 06, 2022
dbeautyful:
Hi @manlikemace

You can't show them the same thing. You have to print another one to show that truly the funds are there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ItzBenita(f): 6:20am On Mar 06, 2022
chigora:

Please does the school waive IELTS for nigerians
Yes it does as long as you have your proof of English proficiency from your uni
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 6:28am On Mar 06, 2022
Good morning all, please I need a reply to this. I have just finished writing my SOP. I need to know if I'm on the right track. Thanks
Abby212:
Good evening all, please I have a little challenge. What is this table of contents for SoP? How is it written ? Is it like the normal one in a textbook ? No laugh me o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rotexteymie(f): 6:44am On Mar 06, 2022
ami213:
This information about NSCC is untrue. My friend tuition deposit was refunded when his study permit application got refused. You will only lose the deposit if you didn’t request for it after the deadline for withdrawal.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rotexteymie(f): 6:46am On Mar 06, 2022
Hello Abby212,

You can decide to submit your SOP with or without Table of content. People just use table of content for ease of reference.

To answer your question, yes, it's exactly like it's done in text books.

Abby212:
Good morning all, please I need a reply to this. I have just finished writing my SOP. I need to know if I'm on the right track. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yemiezay(m): 6:50am On Mar 06, 2022
Good morning House. i have a little problem with my birth certificate. that arrangement of my name on the certificate is wrong. my middle name came first follow by my surname and first name. Although i already did a court affidavit for that. is it safe that way since i already have affidavit or should i just get a new birth certificate.
more also my middle name on my passport was spelt wrongly instead of micheal it was spelt as michael. should i also do a court affidavit for that or its okay for use?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 8:08am On Mar 06, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 8:46am On Mar 06, 2022
ManlikeDee:
My notes just arrived
It means that sponsor have the some funds for sponsorship as per ircc proof of funds tuitions + 10000cad a year
concerns could be.. that after paying fees and other expenses for a year there is limited or small money on bank balance to show proof of continue funding of the course..
That money may not be sufficient and available for the whole program!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Topmc: 9:10am On Mar 06, 2022
The gurus in the house please help check this my portal out. I'm really on course or array. Check attachment.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 9:22am On Mar 06, 2022
Topmc:
The gurus in the house please help check this my portal out. I'm really on course or array. Check attachment.

Give details of your application. Howvmany months is your application? Have you done upfront medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BeejayB: 9:23am On Mar 06, 2022
technix:
Yes, she can send to your account. But it's advisable you print the statement, preferably within 1 week before departure (or 30 days maximum).

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2022
technix:
If it's Indomie, I think onion flavor is onion chicken?

The thing is, they don't allow chicken seasonings, e.g, knorr chicken.

Omo!!! I no fit carry indomie be that ooo chai, Pls what about Maggi Chicken flavor, Beans flour, Dread Catfish?

Pls anyone that as travel recently should share the food items they travel with pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.