Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155877 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 10:02am On Jun 29, 2020
Godsblessings:
hello house, please my sister just got admitted into university of Winnipeg for her undergraduate degree program winter semester,2021, please is it necessary to make tuition deposit to the school though the school stated that they don't require tuition deposit , please is it necessary to make deposit before applying for the visa and does anyone have experience about the tuition refund policy of university of Winnipeg, if visa not granted.

Congratulations to her. Please how long did it take to get a reply from university of Winnipeg after application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 10:26am On Jun 29, 2020
Uriel12:
so the next admission will be open for when?
And fall 2020 starts from September to when please?

Thank you in advance!

Winter: Starts in January
Fall: Sept to Dec
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:27am On Jun 29, 2020
Nwannediutor:

Hello,

Congrats on your admission.

To be honest with you, these days it's more difficult to get approvals when your sponsor is not a parent. Why will an Uncle spend N12m on your education? Does he not have children and dependants? These are the questions the Visa Officer will ask?

My best bet, since you have 6m. you can co-sponsor yourself. Let your uncle be a co-sponsor. Also, you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he's actually your uncle since he has a different surname.

Remember you only have to show proof that you have enough money to take care of your first year in school plus CAD10,000 for living expenses.

Good luck.

Your suggestions are valid. However, I have concerns with the bolded.

Why will someone at the age of 21, a fresh graduate for that matter without any prior work experience be the main sponsor of her visa application? How does she justify the source of the sudden wealth even though the parents were the ones that transferred the money to her?

I think it will be more reasonable in the sight of the visa officer if the parents of the PA can provide their bank statements as the main sponsor whilst the uncle be the co-sponsor of her studies.

Mind you, IRCC clearly mention on her website, that applicant/sponsor must show proof of first year of studies and the ability to fund for the subsequent year. So, don't misinterpret this by advising the applicant to stick to POF for only the first academic year.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:41am On Jun 29, 2020
Aderin0la:
Hello all.

Please I just got accepted to the masters in Medical Biotechnology program at University of Windsor, for Fall 2020 term (tho I started the application since December last year).

I am looking to begin my visa (study permit) application on Monday if possible.

1 am 21 years old, just completed Nysc (hence I don’t really have a full time job but I’m a trainee at a company), and I also have a personal account balance of around 6million (educational funds deposited by my parents). My total cost of attendance for two years is around 12million naira, and I intend to use my uncle (with a different surname) as my sponsor (his bank statement has about 16million naira balance). Do you know if my stats are ok? I also have no direct family member in Canada, except two cousins who are also students. What do you think I can use as my home ties? And what are my chances of approval?

Since your parents can afford to transfer 6Million into your account, what stops them from representing as the main sponsor of your education?

Your chances of gaining an approval looks good, albeit my advise for you is that your biological parents should also come into the picture as your sponsor. The financial burden shouldn't rest upon your uncle which is regarded as a third party sponsorship in the immigration regulations of Canada. The both parties (parents and uncle) should provide their statements to prove their financial support and stability.

With regards to ties that can compel your return home after studies.

I would strongly suggest that you invest more effort in constructing a persuasive and concise SOP that will demonstrate that you're a bona-fide applicant and would depart upon the completion of your studies.

The SOP should extensively and convincingly explain the lucrativeness of such program (Master in Biotechnology) in your home country considering it's exorbitant tuition fees. Is there huge demand for expertise in this field in your home country as well as financially rewarding that can offest the cost of the program in Canada. The range of opportunities the program in Canada will bring to you as a person. Is the program not offered in any institution in Nigeria of which bolstered your resolve to undertake a foreign education.

The personal statement should discuss what you intend to achieve in a short-term and long-term basis. You should explain how this master's program is of utmost importance to your career advancement. More importantly, the difference you could make when you return to your country e.g you being a consultant in the long-term by providing critical biotechnology solutions to multinational companies and government as well as using this avenue for creation of wide range of employment opportunities for teeming youths in your home country etc...

Also attach proof of properties located in your country of residence preferably in your name(or parent's name that you're directly heir to). These assets could be land, house or a registered business etc..

Additionally, explain in your personal statement that your immediate family members (aged parents, siblings, spouse and kids) is well off in Nigeria and aren't accompanying you to Canada. Go as far as mentioning the things you share in common with your siblings that would warrant your departure after duties.

If you have any financial obligations or moral responsibilities which falls on you as a leader in any of these organizations - military, community, church and family you should indicate that you will return home to continue active participation and attendance in meetings. Therefore, as a matter of urgency, it is expected of you to come back to Nigeria to occupy your position. (Following this, A letter from any of these bodies would help).

I hope this information is useful to your enquiry.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nochyks87: 10:42am On Jun 29, 2020
Tonyodg:
Amen ,this is what some of us fail to understand, some think Marvellous SOP is the greater chance of securing a visa ..We need to start understanding that everything varies, it’s just to do your able best, follow procedures and leave the rest for GOD

What many applicants don't understand is the power of research and reading constantly. This nairaland platform is gold and full of knowledge. I was refused may last year and I was hungry to get my next app approved. I took time to read as far back as part 11 to part 16, between May and November last year with full dedication and it paid off big time. I wrote what I would not have written on a normal day. I just used alot of combined advice and suggestions plus God's grace. Canada will be full of challenges and you need to write assigments, projects among other things. Let your study permit application be your foundation for what is to come. Peace

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2020
hey, Guys.

Thanks so much for your help so far I am nearing completion of having all my documents.

my question now is

since my dad is sponsoring me fully, do I still need to upload my bank statement? (i was working with the Lagos state government as a contract staff before covid19 hit)

and secondly, I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with a sample of SPONSOR LETTER I am having a hard time knowing what to write?

thanks awaiting your responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 10:50am On Jun 29, 2020
Have you gotten approval now?
nochyks87:

What many applicants don't understand is the power of research and reading constantly. This nairaland platform is gold and full of knowledge. I was refused may last year and I was hungry to get my next app approved. I took time to read as far back as part 11 to part 16, between May and November last year with full dedication and it paid off big time. I wrote what I would not have written on a normal day. I just used alot of combined advice and suggestions plus God's grace. Canada will be full of challenges and you need to write assigments, projects among other things. Let your study permit application be your foundation for what is to come. Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2020
Tonyodg:
Greetings to you sir be rest assured I’ll get their monickers from my colleagues and update you here on them
Regards
Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:11am On Jun 29, 2020
Sanovsky007:
hey, Guys.

Thanks so much for your help so far I am nearing completion of having all my documents.

my question now is

since my dad is sponsoring me fully, do I still need to upload my bank statement? (i was working with the Lagos state government as a contract staff before covid19 hit)

and secondly, I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with a sample of SPONSOR LETTER I am having a hard time knowing what to write?

thanks awaiting your responses.
I will be able to answer your second question

Do await a response to your First Question

- Find a Sample of a Sponsorship Letter (Father as Sponsor)
Source: Canada Study Visa Thread Part 15

Note: Avoid Plagiarism to the Bare-minimum

All the Best

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:43am On Jun 29, 2020
Tonyodg:
Good evening everyone trust we are all doing good
Please I want to point out a few things as it has come to my notice ,not happened once or twice but keeps repeating itself as it has happened to my friends on this thread
Please those of us who claim to be SOP writers Making it seem like the statement of purpose for visa processing is Gold (We Nigerians make a really big deal out of things too much ) yes I know your SOP is meant to be Good and all .
But where you become wicked is when different individuals contact you to help write the SOP you charge that’s very fine , you get paid and instead of the writer to take out time and do a good job because you was paid for your services , No greed would allow you copy and paste what you have written for 3-4 other people... It doesn’t make sense it’s just pure wickedness and plagiarism ... please let’s endeavour to do the right things as it’s said “Do to others what you wish for yourself”
Please everyone know who you give your SOP to help you review or write cause I have seen 4 SOPs from different people that are the same on this thread
God bless us all

The bolded is so true. See the attached my response to an applicant after reviewing his personal statement of purpose. The truth is that plagiarism automatically diminishes the chances of an applicant getting approval.

You should be very careful about who you're giving your letter to vet when it comes to immigration of Canada.

It will end in praise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
E be like say dem don finally copy that Kunle guy work as I dey see him name there. But frank you sef no suppose to dey send people sop to others because dem get personal info for that letter wey another person no suppose to dey see. Naso dem they copy each other too. Anyway na dem carry agent put on top their head.
Frankrobbn1:

The bolded is so true.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
If I hear, dem go still copy.
Nigerians no deserve to dey see sample because na only copy and paste we sabi grin
Lekiboboe:

I will be able to answer your second question

Do await a response to your First Question

- Find a Sample of a Sponsorship Letter (Father as Sponsor)
Source: Canada Study Visa Thread Part 15

Note: Avoid Plagiarism to the Bare-minimum

All the Best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
Skymoore1004:
If I hear, dem go still copy.
Nigerians no deserve to dey see sample because na only copy and paste we sabi grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2020
Skymoore1004:
E be like say dem don finally copy that Kunle guy work as I dey see him name there. But frank you sef no suppose to dey send people sop to others because dem get personal info for that letter wey another person no suppose to dey see. Naso dem they copy each other too. Anyway na dem carry agent put on top their head.

I guess you misunderstood it. I don't share people's write up to others as the letters were given to me based on trust and the information is confidential. I showed him one of the plagiarized letter while removing sensitive informations of the other applicant to prove to him that his letter was also one of those that were generated from other people's perspective. I am sure he has learnt his lesson and next time will be more meticulous enough in entrusting people to vet/write letters for him.

It will end in praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Tonyodg:
Good evening everyone trust we are all doing good
Please I want to point out a few things as it has come to my notice ,not happened once or twice but keeps repeating itself as it has happened to my friends on this thread
Please those of us who claim to be SOP writers Making it seem like the statement of purpose for visa processing is Gold (We Nigerians make a really big deal out of things too much ) yes I know your SOP is meant to be Good and all .
But where you become wicked is when different individuals contact you to help write the SOP you charge that’s very fine , you get paid and instead of the writer to take out time and do a good job because you was paid for your services , No greed would allow you copy and paste what you have written for 3-4 other people... It doesn’t make sense it’s just pure wickedness and plagiarism ... please let’s endeavour to do the right things as it’s said “Do to others what you wish for yourself”
Please everyone know who you give your SOP to help you review or write cause I have seen 4 SOPs from different people that are the same on this thread
God bless us all

It’s beats me how a prospective post graduate student cannot write a SOP, I really do not understand it. Yet the same people will complain how they did everything right, had 60m in the account and still got rejected. You really think IRCC cannot see through all this?

For prospective applicants, just write your SOP by yourself, give it time and dedication and you will do great. Give to your family members who are good at writing to review for you. Don’t come here and give to fellow applicants to review. Nobody can write your SOP better than you! I don’t see why someone else will write why you want to travel to Canada for you, doesn’t make sense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bros but the other screenshot wey you don remove, showed you sent him the first guys whole document to compare with his own. How are you sure he’s not also looking for another format to copy from because I remember him asking people to review his sop here and I cautioned him that day. All this things na tactics. Sop ni sop ko. I hope you helped them to rewrite it before somebody go faint on top sop
Frankrobbn1:

I guess you misunderstood it. I don't share people's write up to others as the letters were given to me based on trust and the information is confidential.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
E reach to ask grin
oma22:

why someone else will write why you want to travel to Canada for you, doesn’t make sense.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
Charging people 16k for SOP. This agent people na VAMPIRE grin. What a strange world we live in

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
aliadi2:
Charging people 16k for SOP. This agent people na VAMPIRE grin. What a strange world we live in

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Bros but the other screenshot wey you don remove, showed you sent him the first guys whole document to compare with his own. How are you sure he’s not also looking for another format to copy from because I remember him asking people to review his sop here and I cautioned him that day. All this things na tactics. Sop ni sop ko. I hope you helped them to rewrite it before somebody go faint on top sop

The both SOP's and several others are identical with no difference. So there is no new information/facts for him to copy. He was shocked to see the same info in another applicant's letter. Hence, my suggestion for him is to start afresh and provide a letter that will substantiate him as a genuine international student.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2020
oma22:

It’s beats me how a prospective post graduate student cannot write a SOP, I really do not understand it. Yet the same people will complain how they did everything right, had 60m in the account and still got rejected. You really think IRCC cannot see through all this?

For prospective applicants, just write your SOP by yourself, give it time and dedication and you will do great. Give to your family members who are good at writing to review for you. Don’t come here and give to fellow applicants to review. Nobody can write your SOP better than you! I don’t see why someone else will write why you want to travel to Canada for you, doesn’t make sense.
facts!! Exactly what people need to start understanding
How do you allow someone write your passion for you
Makes no sense
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
No vex but what’s the point of asking you to review when your suggestion is to start afresh?
Person wey no fit write sop before to come start afresh? From where Nah grin? You suppose give him format at least or guideline.
Frankrobbn1:
S

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
Plenty huspuppies. Some dey even charge up to 25k with packaging story grin
aliadi2:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Skymoore1004:
No vex but what’s the point of asking you to review when your suggestion is to start afresh?
Person wey no fit write sop before to come start afresh? From where Nah grin? You suppose give him format at least or guideline.

Lol you're such a hilarious guy. I have given my guidelines on countless occasion on this thread on how to write a convincing statement of purpose for a study visa applications. However, If prospective applicants can take their time to read through the past threads, I'm very certain that the information they will have will surpass their expectations. Applicants should always bear in mind that no two applications are the same and every individual cases differs. The same way goes to SOP, another applicant SOP can only guide you but plagiarizing will diminish the PA chances of securing a TRV as he/she is already exhibiting to the visa officer that they are not a genuine applicant with bonafide intention to study.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
Correct guy! Goodluck to them all.
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aderin0la: 1:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
Thank you.

For specific reasons, I cannot list my parent as my sponsor.

If my sponsor decides to transfer whatever remaining deficit to make up my cost of attendance for two years, would it be a red flag to the VO (as to why there’s a lump sum transfer)? Even if the summary of the transfer states “tuition fee deposit”?

Frankrobbn1:

Since your parents can afford to transfer 6Million into your account, what stops them from representing as the main sponsor of your education?

Your chances of gaining an approval looks good, albeit my advise for you is that your biological parents should also come into the picture as your sponsor. The financial burden shouldn't rest upon your uncle which is regarded as a third party sponsorship in the immigration regulations of Canada. The both parties (parents and uncle) should provide their statements to prove their financial support and stability.

With regards to ties that can compel your return home after studies.

I would strongly suggest that you invest more effort in constructing a persuasive and concise SOP that will demonstrate that you're a bona-fide applicant and would depart upon the completion of your studies.

The SOP should extensively and convincingly explain the lucrativeness of such program (Master in Biotechnology) in your home country considering it's exorbitant tuition fees. Is there huge demand for expertise in this field in your home country as well as financially rewarding that can offest the cost of the program in Canada. The range of opportunities the program in Canada will bring to you as a person. Is the program not offered in any institution in Nigeria of which bolstered your resolve to undertake a foreign education.

The personal statement should discuss what you intend to achieve in a short-term and long-term basis. You should explain how this master's program is of utmost importance to your career advancement. More importantly, the difference you could make when you return to your country e.g you being a consultant in the long-term by providing critical biotechnology solutions to multinational companies and government as well as using this avenue for creation of wide range of employment opportunities for teeming youths in your home country etc...

Also attach proof of properties located in your country of residence preferably in your name(or parent's name that you're directly heir to). These assets could be land, house or a registered business etc..

Additionally, explain in your personal statement that your immediate family members (aged parents, siblings, spouse and kids) is well off in Nigeria and aren't accompanying you to Canada. Go as far as mentioning the things you share in common with your siblings that would warrant your departure after duties.

If you have any financial obligations or moral responsibilities which falls on you as a leader in any of these organizations - military, community, church and family you should indicate that you will return home to continue active participation and attendance in meetings. Therefore, as a matter of urgency, it is expected of you to come back to Nigeria to occupy your position. (Following this, A letter from any of these bodies would help).

I hope this information is useful to your enquiry.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kobobay(m): 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
1. In my last visit to the U.S, i was only given one month instead of three months i intended to stay. I serve as a missionary in Nigeria, but occasionally i travel to U.S to give reports to churches supporting the work here. So in my passport page, Cos/Eos/Aos was written on it.

I am applying for study permit in Canada for masters in missiology. Do i need to explain the reason for the annotation on my passport page?

I have never overstayed my visits.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
Chikaima18:
Hello bosses Frankrobbn1, JustMellow and other bosses . My application was refused today and the reasons are very confusing. Please advise. I do not have any relative in Canada.

Hello Chikaima18,

To avoid keying into assumptions, the GCMS notes is well-informed to give detailed insights on the VO's concerns or eventualities.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hello people,

Please what are the requirements to open or register a business in Canada? Are there different rules in every province?

@Frankrobbn1 @justmellow @lekiboboe

Hi there,

You have to contact Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) or go to the Living in Canada thread for enquire.

Thus, prior to PR, its not advised to be self-employed. This may make you ineligible for CEC and the aim of PR would be in total ruins.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nochyks87: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Have you gotten approval now?

Yes, was approved in february and have gotten my TRV. Read my testimony.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
cool congrats
nochyks87:

Yes, was approved in february and have gotten my TRV. Read my testimony.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.