Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (912410 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Aitchugo: 1:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
nk20:
Please who is in the same situation with me?
Submitted application 23th January
Upfront medical
Biometric completed February
Eligibility review started 24th March
No news again since then
School resume 9th May

Please I just need someone to be calming me down
I can’t even sleep or eat again
Omo at least your eligibility review has started. E go come. Mine hasn't started and I also resume May 9.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nitand2(f): 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
@olasubomy please after clicking on Enquiry, student is not part of the listed one's
olasubomy:

Sure, type "IRCC Webform Nairobi" on google.

> Click on the link to open the webpage.
> The first questionnaire you will see is Enquiry, click on student because thats what applies to you since you are applying for study permit
>You will then see a blank page to type your message, you can communicate your equiry there.
> You will see other details asking for your date of birth, UCI, application number etc......enter those as appropriate.
> Consultant ICCRC number - You can ignore that.

I am sure you should be able to take it from there.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sam5653098(m): 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2022
mmoo:
God has done it for me...with so much joy in my heart...PPR request.....just received it ....I cant even concentrate again...2nd application will get back to you

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
I salute everyone oo

To the guru's in the house, una well done

Please am about applying for Visa, I have my transcript and Certificate for first degree but I only have to whom it may concern for my mba. Unfortunately, Assu is on strike and I can't get it now.

Do you think I can proceed with to who it may concern for second degree or I shouldn't even disclose at all for my visa?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lizabeth36(f): 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
Congratulations

mmoo:
God has done it for me...with so much joy in my heart...PPR request.....just received it ....I cant even concentrate again...2nd application will get back to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Daslimo: 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2022
CentennialGuy:

I don't think it's necessary to submit letter of explanation for all supporting documents as long as you have written your general SOP/LOE for your application. It's in your SOP/LOE that you should point the attention of the VO to the supporting documents to back up whatever claims you are making.

You can add the other two if you have them already.

Thank you for your response. Actually, my SOP talks more about my background, motivation for a PhD, my intended research area, why I chose Canada, and my post-study plans. Is it wise to include in the SOP that I have attached land documents, NYSC, vaccine cert, police clearance, academic records, IELTS, academic reference, ID Cards, family tree... can you please guide me?

Do I need to add an LOE? This is my first attempt.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olacherry: 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2022
mmoo:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidbanky(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
mmoo:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2022
Daslimo:

Thank you for your response. Actually, my SOP talks more about my background, motivation for a PhD, my intended research area, why I chose Canada, and my post-study plans. Is it wise to include in the SOP that I have attached land documents, NYSC, vaccine cert, police clearance, academic records, IELTS, academic reference, ID Cards, family tree... can you please guide me?

Your SOP should also talk about your Home and Economic Ties, as a matter of fact, you should dedicate a whole subheading for it, it's that important. While talking about your home ties, you can chip it in for the VO that you've also added your siblings' IDs, family tree, land documents etc to support your submission.

Same goes with your Financial Support, forget about the fact that you have a scholarship, you still need to talk about it, talk about your scholarship, how much it is, what and where the funds will be going to, break it down, tell the vo, even though you have scholarship, you still have so so amount available in your account in case you have to spend money for some things etc. That's what makes the VO convinced you know what you're doing and you've genuine study plans.

Other relevant documents should be added as well even if you don't talk about them.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Daslimo: 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2022
Afolavid:

Your SOP should also talk about your Home and Economic Ties, as a matter of fact, you should dedicate a whole subheading for it, it's that important. While talking about your home ties, you can chip it in for the VO that you've also added your siblings' IDs, family tree, land documents etc to support your submission.

Same goes with your Financial Support, forget about the fact that you have a scholarship, you still need to talk about it, talk about your scholarship, how much it is, what and where the funds will be going to, break it down, tell the vo, even though you have scholarship, you still have so so amount available in your account in case you have to spend money for some things etc. That's what makes the VO convinced you know what you're doing and you've genuine study plans.

Other relevant documents should be added as well even if you don't talk about them.

Thank alot for this clarity. I'll get back to the drawing board

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tuneao: 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2022
@Anon123 can i do upfront medicals with my present passport till i get the re-issued one in may then start application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tyga0001: 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
nk20:

Mine took three months
Mine was about a month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
nk20:
Upfront medical
No news again since then
School resume 9th May

Please relax I eat o ..We know it's not easy . In Jesus name, your PPR shall come before the end of this month .
Hope you are sending e mails & webforms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
Daslimo:

You should talk about your home ties and how you intend to fund your study. You could attach an appendix of supporting documents you are attaching at the end of the letter in the order you are attaching them or do a table of content. All these is just to make it easy for the VO to read through your application.

You could as well just write your SOP and attach your supporting documents without doing any table of contents or appendix. Your application will still be read through by the VO.

When I say SOP/LOE, it's just semantics to me. The IRCC website calls it LOE whether it's your first time or you are reapplying but I realized a lot of people online believes SOP is for first timer and LOE is for reapplication, hence why I did SOP/LOE as I don't know your situation. So you are good with your SOP, you don't need to add an LOE.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by peluscoten(f): 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
Nikky6:
I am going to memorial university for fall. I paid through E form A

Yet to get admission decision from memorial university applied for employment relations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
Congratulations!
mmoo:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olasubomy: 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
Nitand2:
@olasubomy please after clicking on Enquiry, student is not part of the listed one's

See the attached picture, it should be among the drop down list. What options do you see?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nk20: 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
Aitchugo:

Omo at least your eligibility review has started. E go come. Mine hasn't started and I also resume May 9.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
nk20:
Upfront medical
No news again since then
School resume 9th May

I had to defer my admission twice, so I know how that feels, first thing is to be calming down. Second is to email your course advisor and start making inquiries about deferring your admission.
But do not rule out a last minute miracle
I wish you the best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Breazybeatz: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
eyinola:
bro , am still searching for school oooo school that womt ask me to pay half tuition cos me no get shishi grin na school wey go collect deposit of 2-4K dols i dey find..that Fanshawe college sef don message me to continue my application but me no get 7500 tuition deposit
Try centennial or Cambrian
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Julmbachu: 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
mmoo:

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nk20: 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
Tcrown2020:

Please relax I eat o ..We know it's not easy . In Jesus name, your PPR shall come before the end of this month .
Hope you are sending e mails & webforms

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nk20: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2022
Calmdancer21:

I had to defer my admission twice, so I know how that feels, first thing is to be calming down. Second is to email your course advisor and start making inquiries about deferring your admission.
But do not rule out a last minute miracle
I wish you the best of luck

Thank you for this words of encouragement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 3:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
nk20:
Upfront medical
No news again since then
School resume 9th May

submitted mine 25th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Daslimo: 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2022
CentennialGuy:

You should talk about your home ties and how you intend to fund your study. You could attach an appendix of supporting documents you are attaching at the end of the letter in the order you are attaching them or do a table of content. All these is just to make it easy for the VO to read through your application.

You could as well just write your SOP and attach your supporting documents without doing any table of contents or appendix. Your application will still be read through by the VO.

When I say SOP/LOE, it's just semantics to me. The IRCC website calls it LOE whether it's your first time or you are reapplying but I realized a lot of people online believes SOP is for first timer and LOE is for reapplication, hence why I did SOP/LOE as I don't know your situation. So you are good with your SOP, you don't need to add an LOE.

Thank you so much for explaining... to avoid wahala, I have mixed both SOP/LOE into a 4-page document with subheadings:
1. Academic/Professional Background
2. Motivation for PhD Studies at York University
3. Why I chose Canada
4. Study Plans

I believe the in-text reference I did better presents my application documents; however, an Appendix would also add value to the package. Thanks so much once again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gokoyer1401: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2022

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Breazybeatz: 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2022
kinkyhead:
I don't know of any group yet.
Which course are you going for and when is it resuming?

Centennial also, September. . starting my app soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ekesbaba1(m): 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
ok,
thank you.
Armah22:
check iom in abj. It’s upfront as far as ircc don’t send you a mail to get it done. Check iom for slots but I doubt you’ll see
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JayEjabz: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2022
patriciai:
Congrats to all ppr holders. Godspeed for everyone in waiting
Congratulations ma'am. Please did you apply alone or with your children? If u applied alone are u planning to apply for them before you travel or after you have arrived Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
mmoo:
Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anosky: 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
How long did it take to get admission to the Okanagan college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by eyinola: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
Breazybeatz:

Yes/MD
let's talk ..am a song writer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (920)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.