Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (911637 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 11:53am On Apr 18, 2022
[quote author=Siraseyi post=112045052][/quote]

@ Siraseyi . So your Visa have been approved & you didn't share your testimony with us .
We are waiting for your timeline o. Congrats !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 11:54am On Apr 18, 2022
my application will soon be 3 months, I'm expecting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 11:57am On Apr 18, 2022
Samtob4life:

I've tried it twice o (got 6.0) but it's general not academics. (Old college declined general)

I want to try Fanshawe this week sha for January 2023 intake

Agricultural post graduate diploma courses is very scarce in Canada.

Check out the link below if it's the kind of post grad. Agric courses you are looking on to

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/652#105068607
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by neocentric(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
New Here, trying to catch up.
I have an post-grad admission for this september in Toronto.
I have registered for a profile on IRCC and have been trying to apply online and it keeps giving me an error
Is this unique to me or should I just go for applying on paper?
From what I have browsed here it takes months to process this application.
Issawow o.

Another thing is proof of funds - I have stock statements, cash in account, naira and domiciliary. I want to print all and give them o. Along with proof of employment and salary statements since I am self sponsoring. Are these acceptable proof? I saw something about GIC, how easy is it to do from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
sweet7oyin:
ielts no con hard o

Exactly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnchan2: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
My application will soon be 12 months~ 1 year.....
God, please help me ...

Also please I'm still hoping someone can give me anyone I can contact at the Kenya embassy, so I can make some enquiries about my application>>>
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2022
MJ1000:
My cousin was able to go with maggi and sugar. However, they collected the palm oil from her at the airport.

For Dollar you can either get PTA ( you might need a return ticket for this) from bank or just buy dollar from Aboki.

Yes as long as you have the mobile banking App and the sim you receive alert on . You should be fine.

I guess she didn’t freeze the palm oil
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2022
emmalextemtop:
Hello My Nairaland, My people, how una dEy? E dan tEy small for here o, o bOi na preparation.

I hope and i trust that PPR has bEen dropping die several. AMEN!

Please anybody that can help, what are the kinds of food stuffs to carry that will be allowed at the border, help me list it.

Do they allow grounded non-chicken maggi, plam oil and sugar?

Also, please how to change to dollar, i
don't understand...how will i do that at the airport and where?
Can i take the naira in my account to Canada like that? Will i be able to access it there?

Thanks for your prompt answer, it is very urgent, my flight is on Saturday.

You can use powdered chicken maggi even... just transfer content to a ziplock and write spice on it. Sugar is over there. Freeze your palm oil for like a week before departure that way it will remain frozen and won’t be seen as a liquid under scanner.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2022
Are we suppose to freeze Palm oil?

CharitoJames:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
Samxx:
is it possible to do biometrics ahead ? I plan to submit my application from Nigeria soon but I will be traveling for about 6 months by may , is there a way I can do my biometrics while I go ahead with gathering the rest of my documents ?

Since you are traveling by May, Go ahead and apply then do your biometrics before May and find a way to do your medicals upfront too before you travel. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2022
Samtob4life:

I have C5 in English.

There is something called “Proof of English proficiency” it also serves as Ielts. You can get that from your University. Except your school doesn’t have that as one of the options to use.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
Samtob4life:

I've tried it twice o (got 6.0) but it's general not academics. (Old college declined general)

I want to try Fanshawe this week sha for January 2023 intake

Agricultural post graduate diploma courses is very scarce in Canada.

General is even easier

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
DestinationCann:

Yes, if you want to pass with it without being seized oh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nelson2k: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2022
Naheem4real:

Calculate the year you clocked 18yrs so from then till after your education, which you will fill in as unemployed.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ninab: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2022
Johnchan2:
God, please help me ...

Also please I'm still hoping someone can give me anyone I can contact at the Kenya embassy, so I can make some enquiries about my application>>>

Thank you

Can you just cancel this application and apply again?
Because what is all this ,this study permit not a pregnancy even at that a child would have been born

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
ninab:

Can you just cancel this application and apply again?
Because what is all this ,this study permit not a pregnancy even at that a child would have been born

Most people don’t know you can order your notes and follow up with mails too... because what is 12months? And the person no show them craze. Canceling means starting afresh all over again. So he should order his notes and start sending out mails.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wealthh: 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2022
CharitoJames:

Most people don’t know you can order your notes and follow up with mails too... because what is 12months? And the person no show them craze. Canceling means starting afresh all over again. So he should order his notes and start sending out mails.
he has ordered his notes like two times now I think! Nd I think he has sent several mails but no positive response! Ircc no do him good at all�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MJ1000: 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2022
No she didn’t.

DestinationCann:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2022
MJ1000:
My cousin was able to go with maggi and sugar. However, they collected the palm oil from her at the airport.

For Dollar you can either get PTA ( you might need a return ticket for this) from bank or just buy dollar from Aboki.

Yes as long as you have the mobile banking App and the sim you receive alert on . You should be fine.

It means i have to increase my transfer limit cos it's 500k.

And how will i change to CAD, while in Canada, through transfer or what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2022
Johnchan2:
God, please help me ...

Thank you

You said ircc has requested for your updated LOA

Then your chances of approval is high, some of the things I think you should do are;

1 order for your GCMS notes. It will tell you the stage of your application. There should be a pre-assessment notes that would give you an inkling on the position of your application.

2 contact an mp in the jurisdiction of your school or write a well detailed mail explaining your predicament and how this wait is affecting your mental health and productivity to the immigration Minister. He can check in with ircc for you.

3 send them non-stop continuous mails and webforms siting the length of your application and how it is affecting all other plans you have.

4 - try and check for anyone you know in Nairobi to walk In their office and make enquiries on your behalf. Some one did this last year by going to ircc office in Nairobi himself to know what is going on in his application and they told him to expect a decision in 2 weeks. His ppr came out before then.

I belive you will get your PPR latest next month which makes it exactly one year.
Please don't relent. You're almost there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
CharitoJames:

If she did not feeez it that's when they ought not to collect it from her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
CharitoJames:

You can use powdered chicken maggi even... just transfer content to a ziplock and write spice on it. Sugar is over there. Freeze your palm oil for like a week before departure that way it will remain frozen and won’t be seen as a liquid under scanner.

Light no dEy to freeze palm oil, anoh dEy take palm oil be that...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MJ1000: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
Yes you should definitely increase your transfer limit.

Most likely through transfer if you find a Nigerian that’s selling.

emmalextemtop:

It means i have to increase my transfer limit cos it's 500k.

And how will i change to CAD, while in Canada, through transfer or what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2022
MJ1000:

Sorry, did she freezed the palm oil, mine is not freezed oO...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
MJ1000:
Yes you should definitely increase your transfer limit.

Most likely through transfer if you find a Nigerian that’s selling.

Am increasing the transfer limit tomorrow at the bank, maybe to like 3m/4m in a day, i hope it will be effective from that day?

Then, is it safe and advisable to take naira to Canada and find someone with much CAD and exchange with? Is it safe?

I know someone in Canada that i might ask to help....

Will mtn network work there ooO or na WIFI?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 2:03pm On Apr 18, 2022
Hello everyone!

Please, list of food stuffs to take to Canada oO, abEg....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olashile147: 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
atoke2021:
Hello all,

Please i am looking for a PGD in human resources that lasts for more than 12 months. I have found schools like Cambrian college, and Camosun college but they are all 12 months. As you all know, to get PGWP of more than 1 year, your program has to be more than a year. Please if anyone knows any pgd programs in HRM that is about 16 months, please let me know.

It is for my sister who has a 2.2 bachelors in mass communication and just finished NYSC last year.

Thank you all, i really appreciate it

Camosun is not 12 month sister they have 3 semester for Human Resources management and leadership option which makes it 18 month. Check the fee brochure you should understand better. But you can always reach out to the school for more clarification.

Thomson river university is another option to consider for 2 years HR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnchan2: 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2022
Noted and Thank you
buckyfof:

You said ircc has requested for your updated LOA

Then your chances of approval is high, some of the things I think you should do are;

1 order for your GCMS notes. It will tell you the stage of your application. There should be a pre-assessment notes that would give you an inkling on the position of your application.

2 contact an mp in the jurisdiction of your school or write a well detailed mail explaining your predicament and how this wait is affecting your mental health and productivity to the immigration Minister. He can check in with ircc for you.

3 send them non-stop continuous mails and webforms siting the length of your application and how it is affecting all other plans you have.

4 - try and check for anyone you know in Nairobi to walk In their office and make enquiries on your behalf. Some one did this last year by going to ircc office in Nairobi himself to know what is going on in his application and they told him to expect a decision in 2 weeks. His ppr came out before then.

I belive you will get your PPR latest next month which makes it exactly one year.
Please don't relent. You're almost there.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
Pls guys I need advice
Lagos Iom are not responding to email sent to them couple of days ago, can I just go to their office tomorrow with my medical request slip ?

We they attend to me ?

Pls opinions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dchamps: 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2022
Check college of New Caledonia British Columbia
atoke2021:
Hello all,

Please i am looking for a PGD in human resources that lasts for more than 12 months. I have found schools like Cambrian college, and Camosun college but they are all 12 months. As you all know, to get PGWP of more than 1 year, your program has to be more than a year. Please if anyone knows any pgd programs in HRM that is about 16 months, please let me know.

It is for my sister who has a 2.2 bachelors in mass communication and just finished NYSC last year.

Thank you all, i really appreciate it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2022
Malone122:
it can go both ways they “might “ ask you for an updated statement and you have to provide one
Also I once asked a former Canadian visa officer on quora and he said a statement should be at most one month old even if you take time to submit the application meaning if you printed out today you have one month from today to submit
So the ball is in your court !

Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2022
KellyKk:
Pls guys I need advice
Lagos Iom are not responding to email sent to them couple of days ago, can I just go to their office tomorrow with my medical request slip ?

We they attend to me ?

Pls opinions
yesssss either Qlife or IOM would fix a time for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (920)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.