Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (920352 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 8:37am On May 05, 2022
hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
7th time applicant! Silent reader on Nairaland
Thank you Lord
Thank you Makano for a well package application

Congratulations, my PPR is next

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 8:42am On May 05, 2022
ami213:
Forex and crypto is an acceptable source of income as long as you can proof the source (binance receipt etc)
A moniker recently got PPR by using binance receipts as POF.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eztosin(m): 8:42am On May 05, 2022
Congratulations. Thanks for breaking the silence.. Omo!

hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
Thank you Lord

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 8:43am On May 05, 2022
tracy0803409:
Good morning House, pls I need advice, I applied since January 19th 2022 with my 2year old child, we did upfront medicals ,and both has been passed in our portal, I used d new portal, but till this moment Eligibility is yet to start, medicals has been passed since February 18th,i was for may intake but had to defer my admission, as it is now, what do you all advice me to do pls?

Advice needed!!!

I’m sorry to hear this, January is a long time. At this point you should send webforms and order for your notes too... then start firing them with mails. Your application has gone past processing time. All the best. It will definitely end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 8:44am On May 05, 2022
Please, This information is partly correct or not correct at all. I read the persons testimony and no where did he explicitly say Crypto is acceptable source of income or he used crypto to prove his income.

He tendered his futures trading account and trading history via binance. He showed proof of the proceeds and the transfer from his trading account to his normal bank account. This was the major takeaway from his antecode amongst other things he did to prove he account earned the profits.

He didn't use an investment in crypto as evidence of source of funds.

The image attached confirms my claims. That's IRCC's take on cryptocurrency.

@eniola1010 since you're into forex, you can show evidence of your earnings at least for the past six months. Highlight the transfer of profits to your bank account and hope for the best.

Other gurus can weigh in and correct me if I'm mistaken.

Goodluck. God bless
ami213:
Forex and crypto is an acceptable source of income as long as you can proof the source (binance receipt etc)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:45am On May 05, 2022
hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
Thank you Lord

Wow. Congratulations.
Such tenacity in pursuit of your goals. Welldone.

Do share what was done differently in this application to help others

The land will favour you massively in Jesus name. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Joanosas2950: 8:46am On May 05, 2022
JORDAN55:
I need someone going to university of Windsor to share a 2 bedroom apartment with urgently .

Please message me or quote this message

Jordan my name Abdul-Azeez am also going to uwindsor my resumption date is may 9 and i am yet to receive ppr but my eligibility review has started which is the last stage 4 me. I love partying though and music, am kind of a study hard play hard kind of person and am 420 friendly if you are a ok with my personality u can add me on WhatsApp 09091491440
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lotathebaby: 8:50am On May 05, 2022
hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
Thank you Lord

7th time? Congratulations abeg. You deserve it

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dpaul4505(m): 8:56am On May 05, 2022
Hi guys, I put in my application and was rejected late last year, I applied for a gcms note, please I need a review on my GCMS note which says

“No proof of employment or income provided for applicant or sponsor. As such, I have concerns
regarding source and availability of funds demonstrated. Taking the applicant's plan of studies into
account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not
demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies
would be a reasonable expense.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms
and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application."

A third party sponsor with over 20M proof of funds balance.

Now I’m ready to resubmit, adding more documents demonstrating the sponsor’s proof of income, my personal landed property, half school payment receipt, my personal bank statement also (which indicate that my sponsor deposited half of school payment into my account and paid directly to the school).

Do you think that’s enough to address the issue? What do you think guys?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 9:04am On May 05, 2022
hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
Thank you Lord
Congratulations. My PPR is next in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teejay13(m): 9:09am On May 05, 2022
Scott99tish:
Landing Gist !!!

Well, I was aspiring to type lot of story but my trip was quite short and simple than expected. No much questioning at allll.
Airline: Egyptair
Time: 14:00 on 2nd of May 2022

I got to Airport at 9am to avoid crowd ahead of travel time. I was the second person attended to for boarding pass.
Baggage: 29kg and 30km
Hand luggage: 12kg

I had lot of loads that I couldn't afford to drop some as I did some cargo ahead self for my fiancée in Toronto, That's why I had lots still. So I did bargain with the personnel who did calculation and said I will pay 75USD for extra to upgraded baggage of 32kg. I used Naija way reduce ham to 50USD as I hid some other baggage earlier sef. It was more. So we sha added all of them to the bags since I've paid. Lot of milk, fish and food items.
Document requested: ArriveCan, Vaccination card, Passport then Got my boarding pass.

I waited with my family for pictures till 12noon before moving in.
Advice, Avoid crowdy entry. A friend here told me to go through Gate E which I did. Very simple. Immigration passed me quickly without much questioning. The man was gisting with me sef giving me the right pronunciation of Toronto that I will blend soon. He checked the Acceptance letter and stamped me.

Money declaration man, He got interested in me that I paid full tuition fee (Big Boy) then We started family gist ooo when I said I am not a big boi. That it is Owo omo oni iru, omo alata, lol. At some point I was avoiding his gist but He was loving it, discussing with a young man about Life. He eventually said Good luck out there, Off you go.

Peace... Got to airline session, the lady there started gist too, then I kept thinking which soap did I use sef that They want to be making friends and not even doing usual Bambiala, Lol... She said Go in peace too.
We left Lagos Exactly 2pm.
Meals and movie on egyptair was great, I ate all. Arrived Egypt at 8:30pm and waited for our 5 hours stopover.
Left exactly 1:30am as they asked same document; Passport, ArriveCan, and Vaccination card.

Ate 3 meals before morning, They have amazing movies. All great. I made an Egypt-Canadian friend on the plane (Husband and Wife) They were awesome. watched same movies, Ate same meal as they were so cool.

Arrived Canada 1:48pm Nigerian time (8:48am Canadian time).
Note: Kindly fill your declaration form online before leaving Nigeria to save you stress. Went to self-declaration machine to scan my passport and I got my ticket once under 20secs.

First level asked me for passport and declaration ticket then Proceeded to another for first time arrival permits. Devil wanted to work small but God gat it under control. We were asked for letter of Introduction; My hands was dried that I needed spit to sort my document (Nigerian way) then this woman just shouted at me: SO RUDE, I DON'T NEED YOUR PAPERS...
I was like Alaye calm down na, I needed to separate my papers na, I had to bring out my hand sanitizer to satisfy her, Yet she said She told me she's not interested in my papers that I should bring just my passport then she went to print it herself, Alakoba.
Avoid using spit for paper sorting.

I was shaking that I didn't even know when I gave her my passport, I think she picked it herself cuz she told me to sit. Then I was looking for passport that Village people don come o.

When I was called, and I saw my passport with the person, then I felt more relaxed.
No much question asked. He just asked me for which school and course then He gave me my study permit and work permit.

Bless God.
Fiancée came to pick me. Drove me home then I realize I didn't waste money. This land is beautiful sha.
I drove later in the evening to get some stuffs like a road learner. Forget your Jason Statham skills in Nigeria, When you reach here, You gatz learn, Lol. So organized.

I wish everyone awaiting PPR all the best. Success !!!
See attached some photos...

Congratulations and explore the land of Canada in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 9:14am On May 05, 2022
OH MY Gosh!
7th Time?
Congratulations, What a fightback spirit
Were u doing the same thing for all the 6 applications before Makano did something different in this 7th application?

hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
Thank you Lord

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 9:23am On May 05, 2022
Lizabeth36:
Good afternoon everyone,
Pls anyone read about second time applicant being delayed for over 6months? My reapplication will be 7months this month and nothing yet. Tired of sending mails
Yes application is 8months old
Wife ;Study + me;spouse open work permit! App!
Study application eligibility review is 6 months old..
Sowp eligibility review is 3 months old..
All is still on review..at the moment as per recent status update from webform
Study applicant is already tired but at least her employment keeps her busy...me sef I be sponsor...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nickoko: 9:28am On May 05, 2022
@Frank @Manko and Others.

Please, my younger brother is applying for one year program and he is self sponsored but amount in is account is just 4,000cad less living expenses after paying one full year tuition fees.

Should I step in as a sponsor by transferring cash to him and provide my bank statement, Business document and others?

Or should I just do a gift deed of the said amount without providing my bank details and other relevant documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gennyoma19: 9:39am On May 05, 2022
Ayatunde:
Hello people, hope we all had a good day.

PLEASE OOOO

My sister is my sponsor (With sufficient balance). I also want to present my account statement but there's a lump sum
(×2 0f amount that normally enter the account) that just came in today from my husband to support me.

1. Do I need to mention anything about my husband in SOP?
2. Do I need gift deed from my husband

HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS PLEASE.

URGENT PLSS!!
Thank youuuu

Hello,
To answer your questions:
1. You need to properly explain the lump sum in your SOP and possibly explain it in a separate letter of explanation. Also you have to extensively give reasons why your sister who is considered a third party sponsor wants to sponsor you in your SOP.

2. Yes I suggest you mention your husband in your SOP. He can serve as one of your home ties.

3. Yes. A gift deed of the money your husband sent will go a long way in strengthening your application. You can get a gift deed drafted by a lawyer and notarized.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:39am On May 05, 2022
ami213:

This is incorrect.. The moniker was nothing but lucky
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:43am On May 05, 2022
Nickoko:
@Frank @Manko and Others.

Please, my younger brother is applying for one year program and he is self sponsored but amount in is account is just 4,000cad less living expenses after paying one full year tuition fees.

Should I step in as a sponsor by transferring cash to him and provide my bank statement, Business document and others?

Or should I just do a gift deed of the said amount without providing my bank details and other relevant documents?

Do the bolded.. Ensure you demonstrate the relationship between you and your brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by maxio22(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2022
Goodday everyone
Please gurus in the house,I need urgent assistance. I got admitted into Fleming college, Ontario. I don't really know how to go about the student permit.i was also advised not to go through agent.please how want to know the document needed for the study permit application. I am planning on using 3rd party sponsor. Taking about the sponsor, I what to know how much should be in his account to enable me get the visa. My school fees are as follows $2,300 for the initial deposit and 15,712.38 per years. finally do i need to pay the initial deposit before I can start processing the student permit.thank you all as I await your timely response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:46am On May 05, 2022
eniola1010:
I want to ask something.
I dont have a business but i deal in forex and crypto.
Millions come in and goes out which is a good build for statement of account and POF.

The issue is, these officers dont like the sound of saying one is into crypto business

What excuse or what lie can i give to justify the money that comes in and out of my account.

Can i say i am into pig business. I have a friends farm that i can go and snap pictures on different days and different cloths with the pig as evidence.

Or i can say i am into POS business in a very busy place and i can snap pictures of me in a POS stand and just do one banner that matches my name

Wat do u guys think?

FOREX is a legitimate business, hence, funds from FOREX is a legitimate source of income in so far you can present your account statement and show how the profit came in. FOREX brokerage is a non bank financial institution. Get account statement from your broker.

For Crypto, since Nigeria has banned it, it may show you are not a lawful applicant as you are not even lawful in your country: how unlawful would you be if in Canada!

If you were residing in a country where crypto is not outlawed, it's a legitimate source of income.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teejay13(m): 9:48am On May 05, 2022
CentennialGuy:
Everything about this Canada Journey is extreme sport.

Finally received my stamped Passport back after 15 business days since the day I sent it which is almost a month counting every single day from the day I sent.

VFS Lagos na Slug. People, abeg send your Passport to Abuja VFS and be done in 5 days.

Only the beautiful sight of this counterfoil makes all the wait worth it.
congratulations bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lotathebaby: 9:50am On May 05, 2022
Dpaul4505:
Hi guys, I put in my application and was rejected late last year, I applied for a gcms note, please I need a review on my GCMS note which says

“No proof of employment or income provided for applicant or sponsor. As such, I have concerns
regarding source and availability of funds demonstrated. Taking the applicant's plan of studies into
account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not
demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies
would be a reasonable expense.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms
and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application."

A third party sponsor with over 20M proof of funds balance.

Now I’m ready to resubmit, adding more documents demonstrating the sponsor’s proof of income, my personal landed property, half school payment receipt, my personal bank statement also (which indicate that my sponsor deposited half of school payment into my account and paid directly to the school).

Do you think that’s enough to address the issue? What do you think guys?

Thanks

I believe it is sufficient to address the concerns of the visa officer.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teejay13(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2022
hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
Thank you Lord

Worth celebrating

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bolanle18090040: 10:05am On May 05, 2022
Hello house
I applied to Nbcc last month
I want to know how many day /month do they take to give admission
Please if you have gotten admission help a sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 10:07am On May 05, 2022
Hey guys, it’s PPR time, I woke up to it by 7:00am today and I was told to check for an update on my application, lol, I kept breathing hard to the part that says my final application has been approved. Then I started shouting.
Funny enough, the first gcms note I’ll ever order is meant to come in by Saturday this week.

Docs submitted at first when I submitted my application:

LOA
Uncle letter of financial support
His UK bank documents 4 months
Passport photograph
International passport data page
My bank statements 4 months
IMM FORMS

Another document sent later and added on through Abuja on 1st of March
- Mpower loan document

Other documents sent letter and added by Abuja on 28th of March
- Employment letter
- IMM 5257b_1
- Letter of explanation

Because I never submitted optional documents, and as the name implies, it was optional, until I saw a post here that says it doesn’t hurt to submit them, I rushed to submit them because it can push your application further.

I needed to add new financial information to the IMM1294 form and correct would accompany you tick boxes on the IMM5646 form. These were updated IMM documents and I wanted it added to my application.

The MP requested for an update on my application from Ircc on the 9th of April and helped to pass the documents across plus proof of enrolment of courses for May.

I submitted documents again through Abuja and it was added on 3rd of May, like 2-3 days ago.
- my uncles British passport/ a citizen
- Another letter of explanation explaining funds/money/sponsorship
- Some chats we had, screenshots
- School transcripts and degree certificate
- Nysc certificate
- My CV
- His business card, he owns and Co runs his law firm in the uk
- My birth certificate

Application timeline:
- submitted January 15
- Biometrics added in January 18
- Upfront medicals and updated to pass on February 22, 2022
- Eligibility review started on ending of march or 1st of April thereabout
- On 9th of April, MP confirmed to me that Ircc told the office that Medicals and criminality has passed and eligibility is still in review.

I really appreciate the information I got on the platform, it made me wiser and strategical.

I didn’t submit a lot of docs cause I believe it’s not by submitting a lot, but the genuinity of each doc and the proof it serves.

Special shout out to Teemenzo, Nina, bucky for always answering my questions!!! I can’t wait for your pprs……… guysssss… can’t wait!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bolanle18090040: 10:09am On May 05, 2022
hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
Thank you Lord
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 10:13am On May 05, 2022
@ominni @makano @frankrobon1 @justmellow and others pls can the below be used.. my bro is NOK reason gratuity was sent to him but family already agreed it be used for this purpose. Can it serve as my POF. I am a married woman. I teach and run a side business. Please help respond
Chinnychappy:
Please can I use my late mum's gratuity as POF plus gift deed from my bro.. Note: I am married and the gratuity was paid 2019 into my brother's account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dpaul4505(m): 10:20am On May 05, 2022
Lotathebaby:

I believe it is sufficient to address the concerns of the visa officer.
Goodluck

Thanks so much. Also my passport will expire July this year and I’m planning to put in the application today. Do I need to renew my passport or wait till when I get a decision or something
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 10:22am On May 05, 2022
Thank God PPR is raining again. Congratulations. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

Belle110:
Hey guys, it’s PPR time, I woke up to it by 7:00am today and I was told to check for an update on my application, lol, I kept breathing hard to the part that says my final application has been approved. Then I started shouting.
Funny enough, the first gcms note I’ll ever order is meant to come in by Saturday this week.

Docs submitted at first when I submitted my application:

LOA
Uncle letter of financial support
His UK bank documents 4 months
Passport photograph
International passport data page
My bank statements 4 months
IMM FORMS

Another document sent later and added on through Abuja on 1st of March
- Mpower loan document

Other documents sent letter and added by Abuja on 28th of March
- Employment letter
- IMM 5257b_1
- Letter of explanation

Because I never submitted optional documents, and as the name implies, it was optional, until I saw a post here that says it doesn’t hurt to submit them, I rushed to submit them because it can push your application further.

I needed to add new financial information to the IMM1294 form and correct would accompany you tick boxes on the IMM5646 form. These were updated IMM documents and I wanted it added to my application.

The MP requested for an update on my application from Ircc on the 9th of April and helped to pass the documents across plus proof of enrolment of courses for May.

I submitted documents again through Abuja and it was added on 3rd of May, like 2-3 days ago.
- my uncles British passport/ a citizen
- Another letter of explanation explaining funds/money/sponsorship
- Some chats we had, screenshots
- School transcripts and degree certificate
- Nysc certificate
- My CV
- His business card, he owns and Co runs his law firm in the uk
- My birth certificate

Application timeline:
- submitted January 15
- Biometrics added in January 18
- Upfront medicals and updated to pass on February 22, 2022
- Eligibility review started on ending of march or 1st of April thereabout
- On 9th of April, MP confirmed to me that Ircc told the office that Medicals and criminality has passed and eligibility is still in review.

I really appreciate the information I got on the platform, it made me wiser and strategical.

I didn’t submit a lot of docs cause I believe it’s not by submitting a lot, but the genuinity of each doc and the proof it serves.

Special shout out to Teemenzo, Nina, bucky for always answering my questions!!! I can’t wait for your pprs……… guysssss… can’t wait!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samtob4life: 10:27am On May 05, 2022
maxio22:
Goodday everyone
Please gurus in the house,I need urgent assistance. I got admitted into Fleming college, Ontario. I don't really know how to go about the student permit.i was also advised not to go through agent.please how want to know the document needed for the study permit application. I am planning on using 3rd party sponsor. Taking about the sponsor, I what to know how much should be in his account to enable me get the visa. My school fees are as follows $2,300 for the initial deposit and 15,712.38 per years. finally do i need to pay the initial deposit before I can start processing the student permit.thank you all as I await your timely response.

Pay your school fees first.

Got admitted into Fleming college too and I want to pay my first semester school fees.

I'm currently waiting for UBA to debit me (form A)

I want to submit my application this month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lotathebaby: 10:31am On May 05, 2022
Dpaul4505:

Thanks so much. Also my passport will expire July this year and I’m planning to put in the application today. Do I need to renew my passport or wait till when I get a decision or something

Start the renewal process now. Because if you get approved in July, you cannot use that passport. So just start the process of renewal now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 10:32am On May 05, 2022
hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
Thank you Lord
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lizabeth36(f): 10:37am On May 05, 2022
���� this one pass me...who did Nigerians offend?

Predator188:

Yes application is 8months old
Wife ;Study + me;spouse open work permit! App!
Study application eligibility review is 6 months old..
Sowp eligibility review is 3 months old..
All is still on review..at the moment as per recent status update from webform
Study applicant is already tired but at least her employment keeps her busy...me sef I be sponsor...

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.