Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (920234 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nitand2(f): 6:12am On May 06, 2022
Ok, thanks for the response
Belle110:

Most likely, they will expect it to be from the province you live in, in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Creativeowos: 7:04am On May 06, 2022
hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
7th time applicant! Silent reader on Nairaland
Thank you Lord
Thank you Makano for a well package application
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 7:20am On May 06, 2022
Anyone else want to contribute ?
Teezkid:
Hello guys! Do I really need a letter of sworn affidavit letter of sponsorship from my sponsor ( uncle )? Anyone with extra ideas ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 7:24am On May 06, 2022
Please assist.
Chinnychappy:
@ominni @makano @frankrobon1 @justmellow and others pls can the below be used.. my bro is NOK reason gratuity was sent to him but family already agreed it be used for this purpose. Can it serve as my POF plus gift deed from my bro. Pls note I am a married woman. I teach and run a side business. Please help respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 7:25am On May 06, 2022
Congratulations sir!
hesjay:
It’s PPR!!!
7th time applicant! Silent reader on Nairaland
Thank you Lord
Thank you Makano for a well package application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shinaxurdick: 7:26am On May 06, 2022
Lekiboboe:

There are two years PG. Cert Business Management programs

See them in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/230#111060488
I mailed you bro.. i need to explain something to you.. pls respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by VIKKYIFE: 7:50am On May 06, 2022
Atigba:
I was suppose to make it to Canada May 2022, but my study permit application is still in progress.

I have deferred my admission to fall, September 2022.

Should I information Canadian imigration about recent development?.

Yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chyigb: 8:01am On May 06, 2022
Halyshia:
keep sending emails, send webforms at interval and also contact MPs too, got mine 2 weeks ago

Yes I saw your message on OJC telegram group & congratulated immediately ����
Congratulations once again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ekulu77: 8:27am On May 06, 2022
May the land of Canada Favour you
Please did your medicals expire before you leave
If it did, did you do another one

Scott99tish:
Landing Gist !!!

Well, I was aspiring to type lot of story but my trip was quite short and simple than expected. No much questioning at allll.
Airline: Egyptair
Time: 14:00 on 2nd of May 2022

I got to Airport at 9am to avoid crowd ahead of travel time. I was the second person attended to for boarding pass.
Baggage: 29kg and 30km
Hand luggage: 12kg

I had lot of loads that I couldn't afford to drop some as I did some cargo ahead self for my fiancée in Toronto, That's why I had lots still. So I did bargain with the personnel who did calculation and said I will pay 75USD for extra to upgraded baggage of 32kg. I used Naija way reduce ham to 50USD as I hid some other baggage earlier sef. It was more. So we sha added all of them to the bags since I've paid. Lot of milk, fish and food items.
Document requested: ArriveCan, Vaccination card, Passport then Got my boarding pass.

I waited with my family for pictures till 12noon before moving in.
Advice, Avoid crowdy entry. A friend here told me to go through Gate E which I did. Very simple. Immigration passed me quickly without much questioning. The man was gisting with me sef giving me the right pronunciation of Toronto that I will blend soon. He checked the Acceptance letter and stamped me.

Money declaration man, He got interested in me that I paid full tuition fee (Big Boy) then We started family gist ooo when I said I am not a big boi. That it is Owo omo oni iru, omo alata, lol. At some point I was avoiding his gist but He was loving it, discussing with a young man about Life. He eventually said Good luck out there, Off you go.

Peace... Got to airline session, the lady there started gist too, then I kept thinking which soap did I use sef that They want to be making friends and not even doing usual Bambiala, Lol... She said Go in peace too.
We left Lagos Exactly 2pm.
Meals and movie on egyptair was great, I ate all. Arrived Egypt at 8:30pm and waited for our 5 hours stopover.
Left exactly 1:30am as they asked same document; Passport, ArriveCan, and Vaccination card.

Ate 3 meals before morning, They have amazing movies. All great. I made an Egypt-Canadian friend on the plane (Husband and Wife) They were awesome. watched same movies, Ate same meal as they were so cool.

Arrived Canada 1:48pm Nigerian time (8:48am Canadian time).
Note: Kindly fill your declaration form online before leaving Nigeria to save you stress. Went to self-declaration machine to scan my passport and I got my ticket once under 20secs.

First level asked me for passport and declaration ticket then Proceeded to another for first time arrival permits. Devil wanted to work small but God gat it under control. We were asked for letter of Introduction; My hands was dried that I needed spit to sort my document (Nigerian way) then this woman just shouted at me: SO RUDE, I DON'T NEED YOUR PAPERS...
I was like Alaye calm down na, I needed to separate my papers na, I had to bring out my hand sanitizer to satisfy her, Yet she said She told me she's not interested in my papers that I should bring just my passport then she went to print it herself, Alakoba.
Avoid using spit for paper sorting.

I was shaking that I didn't even know when I gave her my passport, I think she picked it herself cuz she told me to sit. Then I was looking for passport that Village people don come o.

When I was called, and I saw my passport with the person, then I felt more relaxed.
No much question asked. He just asked me for which school and course then He gave me my study permit and work permit.

Bless God.
Fiancée came to pick me. Drove me home then I realize I didn't waste money. This land is beautiful sha.
I drove later in the evening to get some stuffs like a road learner. Forget your Jason Statham skills in Nigeria, When you reach here, You gatz learn, Lol. So organized.

I wish everyone awaiting PPR all the best. Success !!!
See attached some photos...

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ekulu77: 8:33am On May 06, 2022
Good day everyone
Please if one medical is going to expire before one travels to Canada but visa has been approved, is it compulsory to do another medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 8:58am On May 06, 2022
I applied april 6th
For fall 2022 term
geekly44:
hi please when did u apply to centennial and what term did u apply for ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 9:02am On May 06, 2022
I woke up this morning to my acceptance letter from centennial college
Thank you vividlooks, centennialguy, anon123 for replying to my previous post.
It'll all end in praise for all of us
vividlooks:
Nice.
Welldone wink

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sam5653098(m): 9:06am On May 06, 2022
Good morning everyone, my gcms note just came out, can someone please help me to interpret.

Screenshot attached ⬇️

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tracy0803409: 9:24am On May 06, 2022
Please house, how can I order my GCMS note family
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kbrule: 9:25am On May 06, 2022
Guys, I'm in a serious deliemma and I need urgent help.
I studied Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development in my undergraduate level.
Now I would like to go for a Masters in Data Analytics or Business Analytics. In Canada. But the problem is that I don't meet the entry requirements for most schools in Canada.
Some schools in the USA offer foundational courses for people who are coming from other fields but I'm yet to see such for a Canadian school.
I'm also processing my express entry so my thinking is that if I should get EE, it will not only reduce my tuition, it will also make my life easier.

Now, my question is, considering my limitations, should I apply for a diploma in Data Analytics with co-op? And then do a apply for a Masters when I'm there.
Is this even possible?
Is it a waste of money??
Please I need advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tracy0803409: 9:25am On May 06, 2022
[quote author=KellyKk post=112536923]

Upload your new LOA and see your eligibility review start immediately [/qukote]

Thank you so much Sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by fcisca: 9:39am On May 06, 2022
It’s PPR request for my ward!!!
February 27 2022 submission
University of Manitoba
Semi-silent reader here but I will be back to share full details later
Lemme finish with today’s UTME first

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Blackshaid: 9:42am On May 06, 2022
fcisca:
University of Manitoba

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eztosin(m): 9:47am On May 06, 2022
Congratulations!

fcisca:
University of Manitoba

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 9:48am On May 06, 2022
help me with it.
i sent u an email

[quote author=160485 post=112557717][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 10:14am On May 06, 2022
If you have enough funds to cover both you and your wife and your study plan is convincing enough.
mrnatural:
Hi guys, great thread out here...
Please I have a quick question. Can a man of 37yrs with a wife and 2kids and just secondary school cert travel to Canada via study route ?

The frustration in this country is just too much!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 10:17am On May 06, 2022
Ekulu77:
Good day everyone
Please if one medical is going to expire before one travels to Canada but visa has been approved, is it compulsory to do another medical.

Yes. Also, since your Visa is approved, go and read your letter of introduction. It's clearly stated there.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 10:19am On May 06, 2022
Yes, It's imperative you go for another medicals before your travel.
Ekulu77:
Good day everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sand4love(f): 10:22am On May 06, 2022
fcisca:
University of Manitoba

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adepeju1911: 10:25am On May 06, 2022
fcisca:
University of Manitoba

Congratulations to your home

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 10:26am On May 06, 2022
Congratulations..

fcisca:
University of Manitoba

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrczar(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2022
E BE LIKE WE GO MOVE TOGETHER OH, SINCE NA SAME SCHOOL WE DEY ENTER, ABEG MAKE WE ALIGN

CentennialGuy:

Second week in August.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Khazirat: 10:36am On May 06, 2022
[color=#006600][/color] congratulations,pls gckey or new portal
fcisca:
University of Manitoba

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by legenduq(m): 10:42am On May 06, 2022
Congratulations!

fcisca:
University of Manitoba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2022
Sam5653098:
Good morning everyone, my gcms note just came out, can someone please help me to interpret.

Screenshot attached ⬇️

Your eligibility has been moved from review required to recommended interview.
I think this is positive.
They should be rounding up your application. Hopefully it is ppr next

When did you order for your notes?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eztosin(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2022
Bro @omiinii please check your mail. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 10:52am On May 06, 2022
fcisca:
University of Manitoba
Congratulations!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.